Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
This is how I protest this patch.

:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

You're the cause of the inflation in their market prices, then!

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

zoom sensitivity is controlled by zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse(or something like that), you can adjust it however, most people recommend setting it just to 1

It's set to 1 and the awp feels the same as ever. It has to do with how it zooms in the new scope. People on reddit complaining about it as well. Also crosshairstyle 4 is currently broken but Valve already stated it will be fixed in the next update.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Kanish posted:

Any ideas on persistent crashing?

The last update did the same and rebooting fixed the issue when restarting steam did not. Not so much this time. I suspect they either secretly hotfix that poo poo or its related to the servers not being quite up to date somehow.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Kanish posted:

I just crashed and had to restart the game 4 times during a comp match, pretty bad. But I got a new case which I just sold for $6.50 so that's cool

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah starting a competitive match minutes after patch goes live is probably not a good thing to do imo.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

Kanish posted:

I verified the game cache and it reinstalled directx. Might help, I'm still crashing though but it's 30 minutes rather than 3 to 4 minutes.

Edit: I lied, game constantly crashes, now it just drops to desktop with no error what so ever.

fromoutofnowhere fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 13, 2014

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

mistermojo posted:

If there's one thing CS:GO needs, it's most definitely loadout alternatives

YEs this definitely, and not new maps or spectator features

quote:

Crosshair style 2 (Classic) has been changed to accurately show weapon accuracy.
Added some ConVars to be used with crosshairstyle 2 (Classic) to allow users to further customize how they want it to display. (cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio)

This is good though

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%

And a new skin. Interesting! Not that anyone is really going to notice 2.5% but...

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Anyone else think they're going too far with the swapping weapons out loadout stuff? I'm fine with new guns but everyone should have the same access to guns at all time if they have earned the money for it, and in matchmaking you can't change your loadout within a game. To me this path feels more like other games where you set your loadouts outside of the game and then run up against people who just happen to have a weaker/stronger loadout than you. The USP and silenced m4 got through because they were from CS, but now that they are adding new guns I wonder how far this will go.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The new gun doesn't even seem that good. I based this opinion off a one round bot game.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I don't mind the custom loadouts at all, I think it makes the game more interesting. Only downside that I can see is that they have more guns to balance, but as long as they balance it properly I don't see the problem.

I think it adds flavor.

Plus, like fat lou, I wanted an auto pistol too.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Apogee15 posted:

I don't mind the custom loadouts at all, I think it makes the game more interesting. Only downside that I can see is that they have more guns to balance, but as long as they balance it properly I don't see the problem.

People like to bitch about new guns because of some "purity" aspect, but the Mag7, Sawed Off, P250, Bizen, Tec9, M4A1, and USP have all worked pretty well. People tend to forget all of Valve's successes and only focus on their hilarious mess ups.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
I won't like it until I get a silenced Mac-10 and an unscoped Scout :colbert:

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Hot fix patch came out, fixed crosshairstyle 4 at least.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

These new pistol skins are very very attractive. The Copper Galaxy Five-SeveN looks amazing.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
yo anyone got pics of the new chests content

Orv
May 4, 2011
So uh, I don't know much, pretty low on the skill tree here, but the new pistol seems like some hot bullshit.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Orv posted:

So uh, I don't know much, pretty low on the skill tree here, but the new pistol seems like some hot bullshit.

Looking at it on paper, I think it'll be a GREAT CT eco pistol. They have the Five Seven to take over for semi auto punch, and it seems like this new pistol will waste any armored opponent close range. Terrorists should keep the p250.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I only messed around with it for like 5 minutes, and it seemed pretty strong. But I don't think i'll ever have it as my only gun, you burn through those 24 bullets very fast.

So it'll only really ever be used as a secondary weapon to a rifle, and in that case I don't think it seemed overpowered.

But like I said, 5 minutes of just dicking around, so my opinion is subject to change.

Orv
May 4, 2011
At my level of play you can semi-reliably take nothing but a CZ and end the round with a nice primary and a better pistol if you want, on top of two or three kills. Again, my level of play is babytown frolics, but goddamn.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Babyface Mingo posted:

yo anyone got pics of the new chests content

Easy!

http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=arms+deal+3+collection&descriptions=1

And when you click on a weapon, click on the gray "Inspect in Game..." button and you can preview how it looks in game.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Xenaero posted:

Easy!

http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=arms+deal+3+collection&descriptions=1

And when you click on a weapon, click on the gray "Inspect in Game..." button and you can preview how it looks in game.

thanks man

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
If I have played my part well, clap your hands, and dismiss me with applause from the stage.

-Augustus CSer on his deathbed, after the best week of his life

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Smol posted:

If I have played my part well, clap your hands, and dismiss me with applause from the stage.

-Augustus CSer on his deathbed, after the best week of his life

Lady Gaga plays CS.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Alright, I like the CZ a lot and it kinda fills a cool little niche.

1. It is a fantastic sidearm. If you run out of ammo on your primary you can easily switch to it and give yourself a second to retreat or have a good likelihood of killing someone. Also, for $300 it is an easy addition when you are not in the shitter with money.

2. It is good to use on its own if you pick up something after using it. Because of that, it works wonders in close quarters on save rounds being that you can easily gun down someone by surprise and grab their nice weapon.

You run out of the ammo SO FAST though, so you need to only use it in do or die situations.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

On pistol rounds everybody should buy a CZ. Everybody.

Sad 2 Da Bone
Feb 13, 2012

Jeoh posted:

On pistol rounds everybody should buy a CZ. Everybody.

Buy two and stash one in spawn

Mr Tumbles
Jan 14, 2013
Just played a bunch of rounds to test out the new CZ, it feels like it fulfills its function really nicely. At close range (the length of lower tunnels in dust 2 or a corridor in office) it shreds fools fast but eats ammo quick; I reckon it'll definitely be a strong contender for eco rounds and super aggressive pistol rounds. As Fat Lou mentions it also makes for an awesome second round+ sidearm as the option for having an automatic secondary does open up a lot of choices for you. There were a few fights where poo poo hit the fan and when I ran out of ammo, I tossed my primary and finished the other guy off with the CZ. In situations like that don't think I could have secured those same kills if I had a P250.

What I haven't noticed people talking about is its accuracy. Even slow controlled tap fire is less accurate than tap firing regularly with a P250 when you start shooting at medium range. I felt like I was really pushing the limits of the gun engaging CTs at mid doors from suicide in dust 2 when I know I could have easily made those same kills with a P250. Also holy poo poo, being on the receiving end of a three man pistol rush with all CZs is loving terrifying!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mr Tumbles posted:

Just played a bunch of rounds to test out the new CZ

Definitely seconding this, I played a game on Mirage and I got the exact same impressions.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
It feels like the accuracy of a Tec-9; not particularly accurate on first shot but the grouping isn't terrible. I'm enjoying it as a sidearm while AWPing; great for close quarters or panic situations.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I like the new pistol. I feel much better with it than the P250.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Yeah yeah I'm obviously dead against anything that doesn't (d)evolve the game back to 1.6, but a $300 automatic pistol sounds like a terrible addition to me.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
1.6 should be erased from everyone's memory forever. Counterstrike started with css.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Apogee15 posted:

1.6 should be erased from everyone's memory forever. Counterstrike started with css.

Welp. Congrats. You just murdered the thread and its organs are on the floor

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
I really like the new changes but I don't like the direction this is going with. I don't want them making totally new weapons as replacements for stock ones the whole time.

Also, I think the new aug scopes look pretty neat. :shobon:

ass fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 13, 2014

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Stumbletron posted:

I won't like it until I get a silenced Mac-10 and an unscoped Scout :colbert:

Yeah where the gently caress is my TMP

Apogee15 posted:

The world will be a better place when you are dead

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

gently caress I miss the TMP. That thing owned so much.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
TMP was rad, but the mp9 as a worthy successor. Mac 10 also rocks, bizon can suck my balls. I really want a rusty kar98 for the terrorists, finally get to use them DOD skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The MP9 is absolute garbage.

• Locked thread