Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Smeed posted:

I haven't seen the remake, and my own dumb posting aside, I get the feeling from what everyone else has said is that it's not a bad story in its own right, it just lacks the magic that Verhoven added to the original.

Yeah, like the warm sounds of Vinyl records or the sweet taste of red wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

computer parts posted:

Bitches, leave.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

Exactly. Like a glass of franzia with my mac and cheese.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

McGoonagall posted:

I kinda get where he's coming from. The remake takes huge pains to show that Robocop is definitely the bitch of OCP, he thinks he has free will but he doesn't and he is nothing but a drone with a drugged-out zombie strapped into it - which means when he pretty much instantly goes rogue it feels a bit flat and unearned. Like, the first Robocop it showed a lot of soulless robotic crime fighting, a dawning realisation and then he had to get the living poo poo shot out of him and be, like, baptised and walk on water and suffer and fight to become even slightly human again and even then he still couldn't shoot an OCP dude, and it gives a kinda queasy twist to the ending. Having Newbocop just gun down Michael Keaton because he's really pissed off and then they all lived happily ever after seems a bit poor by comparison.

I actually really liked the ending when I thought about it some more. The key to this is the soldier guy in that scene and consider his perspective. The boss is clearly knee deep in criminal poo poo. The guy straight up taunts Robocop for not being able to make an arrest thanks to a software exploit. The boss demands the soldier give him a gun, something the soldier does without hesitation even though at this point the only thing the boss could possibly use it for is to commit a crime. Hell, he immediately threatens Robocop's wife and son with it- for absolutely no reason, just be a giant dickhead, and the soldier stands there doing nothing. Plot twist- everyone in the movie is a machine. The soldier, just like every other employee at OCP, has been trained to unconditionally obey mechanical orders with no regards for context. There was no special code preventing the soldier from kicking the boss to the ground- just training instinct. Robocop's abstract defiance of his software code in this context is a mockery of societal obsession with following the rules. Robocop broke the rules because he wanted to- even though there was a huge technical obstacle in his way. The soldier could have done the exact same thing but chose not to- solely because he was conditioned to. So unsurprisingly, once Robocop solves the mess the soldier could have but didn't, the soldier just quietly walks away hoping nobody will notice he gave Snidely Whiplash a gun to menace innocent civilians and did absolute jack poo poo to stop it.

So, in more direct response, Robocop is not a bitch to OCP. Everybody else is a bitch to OCP except Robocop because he chooses not to believe it. Because software codes, like martial ones, can be hosed around with. Our decision not to do so is a personal choice.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

I have seen less crazy posting on the Dota thread.

I agreed a lot with Mr Flunchy's review. Too many times, I went OH MY GOD THIS poo poo IS AMAZING to Seriously, this action scene is boring.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Pingiivi posted:

The whole remake is actually pretty goddamn funny: http://ourrobocopremake.com/watch.html

I'm at the scene with the rapists and I'm dying. This whole thing is incredible.

I was originally set to see the new one on Thursday but we're supposed to get a poo poo ton of snow tomorrow night so I guess I'll have to wait on that.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Is there any body horror in the new one? I loved the casual way old robo treated bodies. Best part of Robocop 2 is the floating spine and eyes. I want some of that in this. Or is it a sterile thing. I don't care about spoilers as it might get me to see it.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

Throb Robinson posted:

Is there any body horror in the new one? I loved the casual way old robo treated bodies. Best part of Robocop 2 is the floating spine and eyes. I want some of that in this. Or is it a sterile thing. I don't care about spoilers as it might get me to see it.

Yes. Oh god yes :psyboom:

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Pingiivi posted:

The whole remake is actually pretty goddamn funny: http://ourrobocopremake.com/watch.html

Gooncam is a real butt to work with, I tell you what.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

This makes more sense. I haven't seen the remake yet, since it's not out in the U.S. Thanks for, hopefully, elaborating what massive spider is getting at. I thought he was implying that Murphy in the original is a "freeman" at the end of the film, because he isn't at all. The only reason he can even kill Dick is because the old man fires him, Robocop still couldn't lay a finger on any OCP personnel.

I hope I shouldn't be spoilering the original Robocop stuff, even though it's related to your spoilered discussion.

McGoonagall nailed it, this ending doesn't have the sting of "you're fired!" which isn't really Murphy breaking his programming at all, just exploiting it to the letter. In this movie he ACTUALLY manages to break his programming, and it's like uh ok.

jerichojx posted:

I have seen less crazy posting on the Dota thread.

I agreed a lot with Mr Flunchy's review. Too many times, I went OH MY GOD THIS poo poo IS AMAZING to Seriously, this action scene is boring.

No that's actually a pretty plausible reading sorry.

quote:

One awesome scene. That whole section is probably the saving grace of the movie.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 12, 2014

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

Throb Robinson posted:

Chiming in to say "oh hell yes". It's not as gorey and cartoonish as the original, but it's the one scene that stuck with me. Also, the fact that Murphy is actually fully consious and aware with all his memories makes it worse because he can see what he's lost.

My biggest complaint during the previews was that the suit looked like the live action version of The Tick. I still wasn't convinced. Then that scene begins and they slowly remove the robot body and it just... keeps going. I was like "oh, there go the legs...ouch, the groin of course... well I expected the arm, but... wait where is the torso going? JESUS!!". The fact that Murphy is fully aware of this and sees himself as a flask of organs attached to a face and his "oh god, there's nothing left!" makes it a great scene.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
About that scene, that scene redeems the whole movie.

I like to think the whole movie filled up a lot of missing blocks that the original did not cover. I thought that while the original skipped those parts, Jose did a decent job of capturing the transformation of Murphy from man to manbot with a conscience to a robot in a mansuit without a conscience.

In the original, we see him straight-up being a desensitived robot. More machine than man.

In this movie, he went from man to machine back to man again. I particularly liked the backstory to his descent. Clearly Gary Oldman and his assistant were perturbed by the path they took, but for whatever reason, the mad scientist went against his conscience for whatever reasons he liked. Fame, scientific curiosity or perhaps he was in too deep.

Can't wait for Robocop 2 where we put an Asian teenager in charge of a drug operation!

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

jerichojx posted:

Can't wait for Robocop 2 where we put an Asian teenager in charge of a drug operation!

I can't wait for the new Robocop 3 where a streetwise kid hacks an ED-209 from their IPhone

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just got out of seeing this in IMAX.

Things I did like:
-Michael Keaton's entire performance
-Jackie Earle Haley is hilarious and I loved when he played "If I Only Had A Brain" during the initial training exercise
-The body horror stuff. There really wasn't much of it at all, but the parts that were there were horrifying, specifically when Murphy asks what they did to him after Robo is first created and the entire suit is removed leaving only his head and his esophagus and his lungs and one of his hands. That's the only thing in the movie I really feel like I need to see a behind the scenes feature on the Blu-Ray for, to see how that was done. That was one of the few times in the whole movie when I felt like Padilha really got the original and tried to work some of it into his movie.
-When Gary Oldman messes with Murphy's brain to make him more efficient and Murphy says "Tastes like peanut butter!"
-When Murphy shoots his own arm off to escape from the ED-209s and subsequently gets shot up by the ED-209s which looked like when he got shot by Boddicker & co. in the original except without any gore this time.
-"NON THREAT TOTALLY STONED"
-Samuel L. Jackson's news program was hilariously biased and a lovely satire

Things I wasn't crazy about :

-The entire rest of the movie. I mean, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't very good either.
-Joel Kinnaman isn't even close to being as good as Peter Weller in the role.
-"I'd buy that for a dollar" and "Dead or alive, you're coming with me" felt very lazily shoehorned in here like they were trying to call back to the original but just felt totally flat.
-"I Fought The Law" over the end credits :ughh:
-Robocop never really pursues any common crimes, aside from arresting a murderer that was on the loose and in attendance at the press conference when he was announced to the public. But that's it. He solves his own murder and corruption in the police force but doesn't help out any citizens on the streets or anything. Kind of felt like there was no point to Robocop even existing since he never prevented crime aside from further corruption at high levels.
-The ending when Michael Keaton says he's a red asset and that Robocop can't kill him and then Robocop just goes ahead and kills him anyway.

Overall it's not a movie I feel like I'd ever want to watch again. It wasn't like...aggressively bad, but it didn't stand out too much either. I'd very much like to find out how that body horror part I mentioned earlier was made, though, so I'll probably rent it on Blu-Ray if there's a making of feature on the disc.

I really hope this doesn't make money and continue as a new series because I don't want to see a Robocop 2 and 3 like this, but I know I will anyway if they come out :smith:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
As somebody who was beating the drum...well, not HARD for this movie, but enough that somebody might have noticed it, I feel obligated to drop in and admit that this was not the movie I was hoping it would be. But it comes so close; I actually love it for the movie it almost is. Now, ask me again in six months, I might give you a different answer, like "Eh, it was alright," or "I loved it when I saw it but I'm afraid I'll hate it if I see it again." (That happened with John Carter.)

Guy Lodge's review pretty much nails how I feel about the movie. I don't know if it'll get paywalled at a certain point, so let me just break off a piece of it for you.

quote:

This essential elimination of the moral conscience that makes RoboCop politically palatable is snuck through the system, and the android Murphy is a hit on the Motor City streets, while Clara grows increasingly suspicious of OmniCorp’s motives. Order is short-lived, however, as Murphy’s emotions gradually override his programming — a development that the script’s already sketchy movie science sentimentally attributes to the power of the human spirit — and he sets about solving his own not-quite-murder.

Joshua Zetumer’s script cleverly reshapes the psychological quest of the original film to fit a 21st-century American culture arguably more preoccupied with emotional intelligence than it was in the late Reagan era: Where the first film had RoboCop discovering his humanity after being conceived and introduced as a robot, his more complex goal here is to regain the human qualities he was initially given, and by which he has been advertised to the public, politicians and his family alike. There’s an increased satirical focus here on the corporations’ positioning of RoboCop as both product (“He transforms!” a marketer enthuses, slyly referencing a certain other metallic action series) and patriot. Tellingly, as befits a humanized, Captain America-style national protector, the new RoboCop suit has a retractable visor that allows the audience access to Murphy’s face earlier and more often than in the 1987 film. (Purists may object, but there’s only so long you can reasonably keep the model-handsome Kinnaman covered up.)

Placing Murphy’s wife and child at the center of the narrative is essential to this more EQ-driven approach, though it’s also a more predictable — even conservative — route than that taken by the original film, which effectively wrote the family out of the picture, instead placing the emotional burden of recognition on his spunky female partner. Zetumer and Padilha’s modernization of the RoboCop mythos doesn’t extend to feminism: Though played with some steel by Cornish, Clara has no identity or agency beyond her marriage to Murphy, while more coldly high-powered roles for Marianne Jean-Baptiste and Jennifer Ehle (both excellent) are hardly flattering.

Great points, all of them, and I think it's a testament to Padilha's direction and the overall cast that I could remain engaged and just a little provoked despite these shortcomings, both spoken and implied. At the same time, I don't think I could hold it against someone who took a fair look at the movie and said "This isn't very good." It really is half-baked, but I had a strong response to the elements that worked. Ultimately I have to stand by my initial instinct that this remake is worth something, even if it could have been so much better.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm at the scene with the rapists and I'm dying. This whole thing is incredible.

I couldn't stop laughing. God drat.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
The Onion Reviews Robocop. Apparently a departure from the 1924 original :v:

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Pingiivi posted:

The world needs gifs of the rape scene

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really enjoyed the film as a whole. Some weak spots, some strong spots. Overall a very enjoyable flick.

Snowman95
Nov 25, 2004
Saw this last night

I enjoyed the movie, and actually thought the suit looked pretty cool

That body horror bits were unnerving

3.5/5

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Snowman95 posted:

That body horror bits were unnerving

Seconded. I can honestly say that seeing how little was left of Murphy was stronger than seeing what happened to the original Murphy. For God's sake, you have the titular Robocop asking to be killed after seeing how little is left of him.

I'll be honest, Robocop in this one is a hair more terrifying than the original. He's human enough to be angry, and he's got a wireless feed to every bit of information they have on you.

EDIT: I'll be honest, I took the "he's overpowering the system" thing at the end to be more of a "life finds a way" thing. They cranked down some chemical in his brain to make him functional*, you kinda figure that, biologically, the brain would eventually correct that on its own.

* As an aside, I didn't get Robocop's annoyance at Oldman's character for doing that to turn him into a zombie. C'mon, Murphy, you were on the floor locked up, mentally. What we were they going to do? Just let you lay there, traumatized?.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 13, 2014

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I saw this tonight.

As the self-appointed biggest RoboCop fan in the world, I loved it. I enjoyed it immensely. It had no more low points or "meh" decisions than any other studio film, and while I agree that the first two acts were the strongest, the back half of the movie is by no means "boring." And I work in production, so I'm ten times as hard on movies.

- Joel Kinnaman did a fantastic job, gently caress the haters
- Abbie Whoever is now firmly at the top of my list of worst actresses in major motion pictures; she's more robotic than RoboCop
- Michael Keaton was, surprisingly, kind of flat; you could have traded him for any actor and gotten the same character – they didn't let him really shine as he does
- The body horror visual was seriously powerful, creeped me right the poo poo out
- Being PG-13 doesn't hurt the film in any way – as stated earlier, the "tazings" are beyond brutal
- All the daylight high-rise board room CG is probably the worst CG I've seen in years – you can see the green screen through Gary Oldman's hair and the masking around the actors is insanely awful

I don't get any of the complaints about this film. You know you're not getting a carbon copy of the original, and it has just enough nods to the themes and concepts of the original to make you happy, so what's the problem?

That the human element magically overpowers the machine in the end? That's the whole loving theme of the movie! And you've been watching a movie about giant robots and holographic TVs and phones, and that's where you draw the "too much magical hand-waving" line? Get the gently caress outta here.

I give it a solid 4.5/5 – it's not art, but it was a drat fun action flick and the positives make the very, VERY minor negatives entirely forgettable. Great movie.

Oh, and I also schmoozed the theatre manager for a GIANT one sheet of that IMAX poster, which won't even fit on a wall in my house but IDGAF, that bitch is mine.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 13, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slim Killington posted:

As the self-appointed biggest RoboCop fan in the world, I loved it.

I said the same thing as we left. I'm supposedly getting the bit IMAX poster when they switch it out as well!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

gohmak posted:

The world needs gifs of the rape scene

Oh my loving god I just got to this scene, this is loving poetry. :stonk:

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I loved the original and I really enjoyed the hell out of this movie. It's NOT the same movie. It's more of a reimagining. This version used the original as a vague outline and mixed it up a little.

A point about the end when Murphy breaks his program and shoots the ceo - the zoom on his hand then the pan out to the city that looked like a printed circuit board to me symbolized the human element that pulled the trigger, not his software.

The movie being PG-13 didn't hurt it one bit since the violence in the first directly spoke to the first movie's theme of excess. This version dropped that theme, and it worked out well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Man. Why wasn't this movie fun? Why did it have to be so serious? I didn't like it at all, and I probably won't remember it past tomorrow. Outside of that ONE scene, of corse. That one scene is really, really good, and incredibly unsettling. Everything else? Just kind of bland. I felt Samuel Jackson summing up the movie at the end to be pretty insulting. But maybe I needed someone to do that because I still don't understand what it was trying to say.

Also, we never once got a sense of how hosed Detroit is. I found that odd. The original film sets up that this place is the ultimate poo poo hole full of the worst kind of human savages in the USA...and all we see in this movie is a couple of crooked cops and a few drug dealers. Doesn't sound like the worst city of all time. It made the stakes feel, overall, underwhelming.

I also felt like the "twist" if you want to call it that, that's pretty much a simialr take on what happened in the first with Dick Jones, was really lacking. I get Dick Jones 2.0 wanted a guy to be the RoboCop, but it just didn't add up to me how Boddicker 2.0, bad cop guy, other bad cop guy, and bad cop lady were all connected. I did use the bathroom once we got to Boddicker 2.0's secret drug lab where RoboCop shot everyone, so perhaps I missed a big scene there.

It was everything I sadly expected. There was a lot of promise though. I just wish the director actually had some control over his project.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
One thing I did like is that they lseemed to keep his hand so it was a "human" pulling the trigger, but that hand held the taser. Almost all the kill shots came from his robot hand.

I felt the movie was full of subtle moments like that while at the same time beating the audience in the face with obvious overstatement via his visor readouts.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
^^ Your use of the word subtle is pretty apt. The original films relied on hamhanded stereotypes to push things, but the new movie reflects the subtle nature of manipulation much more.

CelticPredator posted:

Also, we never once got a sense of how hosed Detroit is. I found that odd. The original film sets up that this place is the ultimate poo poo hole full of the worst kind of human savages in the USA...and all we see in this movie is a couple of crooked cops and a few drug dealers. Doesn't sound like the worst city of all time.

That's because in this movie, Detroit isn't some unrealistic lolmonkeycheese-level City of Crime. OCP wants/needs a RoboCop, and Murphy lived in that city, so that's where he was stationed.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 13, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MisterBibs posted:

That's because in this movie, Detroit isn't some unrealistic lolmonkeycheese-level City of Crime. OCP wants/needs a RoboCop, and Murphy lived in that city, so that's where he was stationed.
Why does OCP need a RoboCop though? I mean I know it was to put a human face to law enforcement so that the public would be cool with it, but we never really get the sense that crime is out of control in Detroit, or America in general, which is weird because a big theme of the movie is trying to use drones on American soil but what's the point, or rather why should we care when we never see America looking harsh enough to warrant that?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Why does OCP need a RoboCop though? I mean I know it was to put a human face to law enforcement so that the public would be cool with it, but we never really get the sense that crime is out of control in Detroit, or America in general, which is weird because a big theme of the movie is trying to use drones on American soil but what's the point, or rather why should we care when we never see America looking harsh enough to warrant that?

OCP doesn't need a RoboCop, they need something to goad voters into pushing for the Dreyfus Act to be repealed, so they can manufacture drones for the US market and make billions. He's an investment in shifting politics, a long-game. They could care less if he's out being a cop or not. It's not about the level of crime, it's about maximization of market control. It's all profit related.

CelticPredator posted:

I felt Samuel Jackson summing up the movie at the end to be pretty insulting.

Chris Nolan's movies have the actors explicitly tell you what's happening every second of the way, making them all utterly pointless drivel, and people eat that poo poo up. A 90-second summary is not that bad.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 13, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slim Killington posted:

OCP doesn't need a RoboCop, they need something to goad voters into pushing for the Dreyfus Act to be repealed, so they can manufacture drones for the US market and make billions. He's an investment in shifting politics, a long-game. They could care less if he's out being a cop or not. It's not about the level of crime, it's about maximization of market control. It's all profit related.
Yeah, very true. I mean they even go so far as to dig into his brain and make him more machine than man for a while so that he's more efficient and so the public can get behind a product that works at maximum capacity.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Slim Killington posted:

Chris Nolan's movies have the actors explicitly tell you what's happening every second of the way, making them all utterly pointless drivel, and people eat that poo poo up. A 90-second summary is not that bad.

No. It's not. But Nolan has a way of doing it that really drives the point home with music, and visuals, it all rises to the final shot and cuts to black. It gets you pumped.

RoboCop kind of just ended.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 13, 2014

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

or America in general, which is weird because a big theme of the movie is trying to use drones on American soil but what's the point, or rather why should we care when we never see America looking harsh enough to warrant that?

That's exactly the point. It's not warranted, but OCP desperately wants Americans (whom at the start of the movie are highly supportive of the Dreyfus Act) to think that their products are warranted. To OCP and its apologists, America just doesn't realize how much safer they'd be by having robots around. Christ, Keaton says that exact thing at some point during the movie. So they put out Robocop, people approve of it, and OCP floods the market with their Droids and ED-209s. Maybe make more Robocops every once in a while, if a cop is harmed enough (and has a sobful enough story) to warrant it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Am I remembering incorrectly or was the title "Robocop" never once used in this movie? Jackie Earle Haley uses "Tin Man" a bunch and I think one of the characters said "robot cop" at one point, but I don't remember the titular name ever being used. And there wasn't even a scene like "Nice shooting, son. What's your name?" "Murphy."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sam Jackson calls him RoboCop.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CelticPredator posted:

Sam Jackson calls him RoboCop.
Oh right. It seemed weird that no one at OCP/Detroit Police HQ used it, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh right. It seemed weird that no one at OCP/Detroit Police HQ used it, though.

He probably had a classification code like the ED-209 but he was still Alex Murphy.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
One thing I forgot to mention that I really liked: the scene where Murphy comes home for the first time was really powerful. There's a palpable awkwardness from both Murphy's wife and kid, in that they clearly do not know how to deal with the fact that their husband/dad is basically a robot, all done with facial expressions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd like to add that I preferred the silver suit to the black one. Not just for the nostalgia, I just thought it was a better design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The silver suit was actually really great. It felt like an honest to god update of the original design and looked stunning. I still never got used to the black suit. It didn't have any personality. Maybe that was the point. And if it was, it was done well. Because I hated it.

Edit: The score was really, really bad too. It felt really inappropriate during most of the movie, and had zero staying power. I got a bit annoyed when they played the 87 theme again in the middle of the movie...it just made me with they got someone better to do the soundtrack.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 13, 2014

• Locked thread