Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

I don't know that seems kinda out of character for Optimus to me(although I'm not as familiar with the IDW version as I am with others)

Well, I think that's the point, though. It's out of character for what everyone knows about Optimus Prime to say things like that to someone who screwed up. But that was Orion Pax talking, as he kept trying to remind everyone, and a little impatience for fuckups and self-aggrandizement might not be out of character for HIM. I guess I enjoyed reading it as a seldom-seen side of an otherwise thoroughly familiar character.

Oh, and of course it's Rodimus receiving a dressing-down from Optimus for making a hash of things.

Rita Repulsa posted:

This issue of Dark Cybertron is kind of an odd miniconclusion. The two main plotlines conclude in two fistfights. Optimus Prime's is one of them and it's one of the best handled Prime smackdowns ever.

Megatron's knowing grin kind of slayed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This issue wasn't great but it was solid in character moments and action. Also you might have missed the LSoTWreckers style brutality in this issue but hoboy when you see it, it's there.

Of note I don't think Metalhawk is quite as loyal as Shockwave thinks - I can't quite get the last panel to look like he's killing him and not shushing him in my mind

The_Doctor posted:

There'd better be a one page recap of Dark Cybertron when MTMTE returns, since I find it impossible to read the actual comics.
I will write a summary if no one else wants to, and I promise it will take the material seriously.

No matter how much I just want to make a bro team style video out of it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I should've bought this guy when I had the chance. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer...=item3cdb92bb74

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I got MP Bluestreak and Voyager Hatredcopter today. Bluestreak's perfect. Whirl is... well, for a G1-emulating AH-1 Cobra with a chin turret, a gercopter mode with reverse legs, big ol claw hands, honest to goodness decals, and a blinky lightpiping gimmick, I really wish I liked him a lot more than I do.

As helivoyagers go, Skystalker and Springer kick his butt up and down the block.

e: Gercopter mode is the beans, though. I'm not calling it "hello ped."

Phy fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 13, 2014

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Again thanks for the help with all the information about the current IDW comic goings on! I've been reading through MTMTE mostly so far and am really enjoying it. Currently at the medical facility at Delphi and really like all the craziness going on. It has a lot o good mixes of comedy and seriousness I've found.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Phy posted:

Yeah, it's stuff like that that is what I've been liking Dark Cybertron for. Optimus Prime is not your dad.

Optimus Prime just got out of a couple million years of being everyone's dad.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Orion Pax walking down a line of the characters of RID and MTMTE and explaining the various ways in which he is not their dad is probably the one thing that could get me to read Dark Cybertron before it's contained in a nice trade.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
While browsing through Amazon Japan I came upon this Movie Optimus Prime. This isn't the same as the bop and smash shell former that was linked pages back is it?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

No, looks to be this guy, with a much better paint job. Still a shellformer though.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Hey, sorry if this was covered, but is there a clear idea of which MPs are being third-shift distributed? I test-ordered MP-14 ALERT, so we'll see how that goes -- if well, I'd love to get a Bluestreak if available.

poo poo, I'd REALLY love a TRU Soundwave, since I keep assuming one will just fall into my lap.

EDIT, I got Alert, not Prowl.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Regarding Prime in the current comics, I think it's pretty fitting.

As Prime, he was perpetually in this existential dilemma about his role regarding the Autobots, his people, the war, etc. He always had this mystical nonsense flowing out of the Matrix and influencing his every move to the point that it could at times cripple him.

But beneath it all, he's someone REALLY angry about injustice. Back when he was Pax, he drat near sided with Megatron because he couldn't stand the senate's corruption. Whenever he did have to fight as Prime, he did it with a certain zeal. Not the sociopathic "GIVE ME YOUR FACE" attitude of the Bay-films-Prime, but more of a "Enough is enough you monsters, Primus help me but I'm going to enjoy beating the robo-poo poo out of you" thing. Even during Escalation or whatever, he seemed almost pleased to throw down with Megatron. Same when he did that orbital-drop-sneak-attack thing on stealth-bomber Megs.

Now he's released of the burden of leadership. There's no more Matrix feeding him froo-froo whatever. Instead of having to carefully think through the possible ripples of his every move, he can just look at a problem in front of him and solve it - and he's almost relieved to handle it in the black-and-white simple way of "I'm just gonna punch this bad guy".

So when Rodimus comes to him after being in charge of just a couple hundred guys for all of a year or two and ALREADY made a mess of it, it seems natural that he's going to say "You're insufferable. Figure it out yourself, kid, I'm not your dad/boss."

Ugh I just wrote way too much at 4am about Optimus Prime.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ka0 posted:

I should've bought this guy when I had the chance. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer...=item3cdb92bb74

Just grab him off BBTS for $200 unless its the box you are after.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

therealjon_ posted:

Just grab him off BBTS for $200 unless its the box you are after.

Argh too late.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

Hey, sorry if this was covered, but is there a clear idea of which MPs are being third-shift distributed? I test-ordered MP-14 ALERT, so we'll see how that goes -- if well, I'd love to get a Bluestreak if available.

poo poo, I'd REALLY love a TRU Soundwave, since I keep assuming one will just fall into my lap.

EDIT, I got Alert, not Prowl.

From what I understand Sideswipe, Alert, and Prowl.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

OK peeps, here's a challenge; I had a box full of TFPrime, DOTM and Beast Wars II figures. I just finished sorting everything, but I found this tiny piece at the bottom. Anyone care to guess to what it belongs to?

I haven't the slightest clue. At first I thought it belonged to a jet mode vehicle, but other than Terradive and DOTM Thundercracker I have nothing else to fix it to. Here's Smokescreen for size comparison

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Argh, I'm sure I've seen that piece but it escapes me, give me a while to look through my bots. It looks sorta like a leg part on one of the multiple movie starscream molds.

edit: It looks JUST like a flap on PCC Skyburst's backpack. It is gray so it must be Darkstream's

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 13, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Oh god I owe you a beer. It was driving me nuts going bot after bot. Sure enough, PCC Darkstream was missing his chestplate.
And now you know my secret. I enjoyed PCCs when they came out and didn't get them when they were on clearance.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
PCC was a drat good line crippled by bad quality control and overly strong springs.
I never managed to get Dinopope or the Constructicons. :smith:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

Oh god I owe you a beer. It was driving me nuts going bot after bot. Sure enough, PCC Darkstream was missing his chestplate.
And now you know my secret. I enjoyed PCCs when they came out and didn't get them when they were on clearance.

He's also the only bot in the entire line who cannot hold his minicon partner in weapon mode.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I ended up buying two Heavytreads because the first one had a problem where the small section of the treads that flipped down would constantly fall off.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Hooboy that MP 10 KO sure turned out to look like....something.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
RIP TF Kre-o, hiatus then relaunch as a Toys R Us Exclusive

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Other posted:

RIP TF Kre-o, hiatus then relaunch as a Toys R Us Exclusive

Was just gonna post this.

This means Generations gets more funding! Metrotitans FOR EVERYONE! :black101:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Noooo! I love TF Kre-o :(

Are they at least releasing that wave with Rodimus and Kup?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Transformers Kreo were the only ones that ever seemed to have any popularity whatsoever, and even then it was usually just the figures rather than the sets. The GI Joe movie and Star Trek Kreo sets always just seemed to sit there.

Anyway, the first of the iGear F22 coneheads has been revealed. I doubted they'd be able to make the distinctive wings work with the F22 body, and they in my opinion couldn't.

Robot mode looks decent, although the head still sucks, but those wings look cheesy as hell.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm going to be hella pissed if the legends repaint of Megatron turns out to be another Warpath.

They have like so many other better guys to choose from that are more fitting for the robot mode like Quake or Overlord. Starscream's Legend repaint is Thundercracker and Bumblebee's is Cliffjumper, which probably means we yet again get another Skywarp and forget the coneheads exist(again for the third time). Optimus' Legend dude repaint is another Nemesis Prime because they are lazy.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 14, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Hooboy that MP 10 KO sure turned out to look like....something.

Are there pics? Did I miss them?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

GrimGypsy posted:

Yeah Wave 4 is out right now, or at least should be. Been sitting in my PoL at BBTS for a bit now

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Are there pics? Did I miss them?
Also curious on this one.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

GrimGypsy posted:

I got them off ebay about 2 months ago. Totally worth it.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
If anyone has access to the Cosmos and/or Swerve legends, you probably want to buy them all up so the rest of us can beg for them. Supposedly that line's dead in the US because retailers wouldn't take them. Same is true for anymore Prime toys that haven't been released yet.

Cosmos!:argh:

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

I wonder if they'll show up in Marshall's or TJ Max at some point. Either way I just bought one on eBay for $33 cause I'm an rear end in a top hat. 3rd party prices have really raised what I'm willing to spend on some figures. Haven't checked Swerve's pricing but it may be worth it to get the 3rd party one now.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Same is true for anymore Prime toys that haven't been released yet.

Man, all I wanted was that dang deluxe sinnertwin. :(

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Swerve would be okay if he wasn't in a two pack with his own repaint, Gears. I think the pre-import/shipping price on them & My First Blaster was $58, which while good for 3P prices, is more than I want to pay for that Swerve.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

SpikeMcclane posted:

If anyone has access to the Cosmos and/or Swerve legends, you probably want to buy them all up so the rest of us can beg for them. Supposedly that line's dead in the US because retailers wouldn't take them. Same is true for anymore Prime toys that haven't been released yet.

Noooooooooo

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Man, all I wanted was that dang deluxe sinnertwin. :(

You're in luck on that, atleast. They already manufactured the upscales, so they're supposedly going to be an online retailer exclusive (I'm guessing BBTS).

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

lookin' good

SpikeMcclane posted:

You're in luck on that, atleast. They already manufactured the upscales, so they're supposedly going to be an online retailer exclusive (I'm guessing BBTS).

But didn't they manufacture Cosmos' wave too? I mean I'm already resigned to never ever seeing him in hand but oh well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

lookin' good

Why is MP Soundwave a key product for 2014?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Blackheart posted:

But didn't they manufacture Cosmos' wave too? I mean I'm already resigned to never ever seeing him in hand but oh well.
Just going by what I heard, but it was from someone that I can't ever remember being wrong before.
Cosmos and Swerve did get released already, just not in the West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SpikeMcclane posted:

Where was this said?

SpikeMcclane posted:

Just going by what I heard, but it was from someone that I can't ever remember being wrong before.
Cosmos and Swerve did get released already, just not in the West.

Who exactly said this? Who.

Do you mean the size class is dead or the Generations line is dead?

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 14, 2014