Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

if you dont like dbz :frogout:

Don't worry, whenever it came on I did get out, into the actual world, to socialize with people and not be a weirdo who watches terrible anime for jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
We all need to badger Patrick, Brad and Vinny until they play Dragon's Dogma.

TheJoker138 posted:

Don't worry, whenever it came on I did get out, into the actual world, to socialize with people and not be a weirdo who watches terrible anime for jerks.

I was a terribly awkward teenager. Fat, bad hair, goth, trench coat, poor social skills... Even then I knew DBZ was terrible and that liking it would be going too far.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I was 8 and I'm pretty sure that excuses it :colbert:

Though Sailor Moon was always my favorite.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There was a later episode of DBZ that was on when I was younger where Vegeta and Goku were inside of Buu or something and they made a joke about butts while my parents were in the room, and so I got banned from watching Toonami for a long time.

gently caress you Dragon Ball Z, keeping me from watching Cowboy Bebop thanks to your dumb American redub jokes. :smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cityinthesea posted:

No, you should have went outside to play.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

CJacobs posted:

There was a later episode of DBZ that was on when I was younger where Vegeta and Goku were inside of Buu or something and they made a joke about butts while my parents were in the room, and so I got banned from watching Toonami for a long time.

gently caress you Dragon Ball Z, keeping me from watching Cowboy Bebop thanks to your dumb American redub jokes. :smith:

bebop wasnt on toonami, IDIOT

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

bebop wasnt on toonami, IDIOT

Adult Swim came on right after Toonami for the longest time and Bebop was the front-runner. Don't blame me for my parents not knowing when the Toonami block is over. :colbert:

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Monster w21 Faces posted:

We all need to badger Patrick, Brad and Vinny until they play Dragon's Dogma.

I was a terribly awkward teenager. Fat, bad hair, goth, trench coat, poor social skills... Even then I knew DBZ was terrible and that liking it would be going too far.

Patrick did play Dragons Dogma, he liked the Combat okay but felt the world was empty and boring.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Cityinthesea posted:

You should have been playing war in the woods.

Playing war in the woods on summer evenings was the best.

Captain Internet posted:

Patrick did play Dragons Dogma, he liked the Combat okay but felt the world was empty and boring.

Which is why he needs to play it again in a post Souls world.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

every twenty something in america has fond rear end memories of goku and vegeta so jokes on you you cynical wet blankets

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dude Dragon Ball Z was fuckin' hilarious when I was younger I don't know what you're talking about. Just because I didn't praise it in my post on the subject doesn't mean I was poo poo talking it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

every twenty something in america has fond rear end memories of goku and vegeta so jokes on you you cynical wet blankets

No, only the social reject nerdlings have those jokes, sorry.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Ugh, DBZ? what trash. I watched a single episode, and using my superior intellect I could immediately tell the show was utter garbage. Shame on any plebeians who had to audacity to enjoy it.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Which is why he needs to play it again in a post Souls world.

The game is okay, but the world is still boring. I think he got everything he could out of it. A pretty decent game that pales in comparison to Souls.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
OG Dragonball was the far superior show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Ugh, DBZ? what trash. I watched a single episode, and using my superior intellect I could immediately tell the show was utter garbage. Shame on any plebeians who had to audacity to enjoy it.

Yeah, pretty much. I watched half an hour of some guy hanging out in space charging up and nothing happened and decided my time could be better spent doing pretty much anything else.

Also everyone in high school was kind of tangentially aware it existed at least, but there were very few people who actually watched any of it beyond that. There was always at least one guy who would talk at length about how awesome it is while everyone else got all quiet and uncomfortable. You were probably that guy, dude.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

No in elementary school everyone was mimicking the kamehameha and talking about how cool goku and the gundams were, sorry old man.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

What's 'war in the woods'?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

unironically agree with this

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

No in elementary school everyone was mimicking the kamehameha and talking about how cool goku and the gundams were, sorry old man.

In middle school the only clique that watched it was the uber-nerds. Like the guys who were in boy scouts until they were 18 and the fat smelly kid who got caught jerking off in the computer lab and came from the family full of registered sex offenders.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

Dragonball Z is tripe. Utter tripe. I mean most cartoons are pretty bad when you are an adult but I could happily sit through a few episodes of Batman: The Animated Series or X-men even now. I couldn't watch that lovely Japanese cartoon when I was still in primary school.

Actually, Cowboy Bebop is the only anime that's even close to being watchable. I could sit in a room with normal people and have that one on without feeling like a freak. That's only because the soundtrack is ballin' mind you.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

If you hate on dbz you are the biggest stick in the mud. People like dbz cause it was fun watching goku beat up the bad guys back in 4th grade. No one will dispute its poorly paced and dumb, but being all "Hmmph, dragon ball? Bet you were a fat loser with no friends huh dumbass :smuggo:" makes you an insufferable rear end in a top hat

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

If you hate on dbz you are the biggest stick in the mud. People like dbz cause it was fun watching goku beat up the bad guys back in 4th grade. No one will dispute its poorly paced and dumb, but being all "Hmmph, dragon ball? Bet you were a fat loser with no friends huh dumbass :smuggo:" makes you an insufferable rear end in a top hat

Defending DBZ when you are no longer 7 years old makes you an insufferable loser with no friends. I liked Power Rangers a lot when I was a kid, I don't still think it's a good show and that people who call it lame are big meanies for making fun of a terrible children's show I liked when I was a literal child. Grow up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This page is like an episode 30 episodes of DBZ.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

If you had to watch an entire episode your intellect wasn't as superior as you thought.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
A DBZ movie was one of the highest grossing movies in Japan last year.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Veev posted:

And Grown Ups 2 made a poo poo load of money in the US, but no one is going to defend it as being good. Idiots and people with bad taste spend money just like the rest of us, and on things like DBZ they will do so obsessively.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Veev posted:

Japan has problems. :colbert:

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Goku turns into a Saiyan God and beats up a Space Egyptian dog.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Defending DBZ when you are no longer 7 years old makes you an insufferable loser with no friends. I liked Power Rangers a lot when I was a kid, I don't still think it's a good show and that people who call it lame are big meanies for making fun of a terrible children's show I liked when I was a literal child. Grow up.

We aren't though? We're saying as 8-10 year olds it was dope as poo poo. Dragonball Z was absolutely made for people under the age of 12.

though I guess Full Metal Alchemist was also made for them and it's 100x better than DBZ so I guess it is just poo poo.

Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007
Hey you guys talkin' about anime? I like some of that stuff.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ugh what a fat smelly outcast nerd

KoB
May 1, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

And Grown Ups 2 made a poo poo load of money in the US, but no one is going to defend it as being good. Idiots and people with bad taste spend money just like the rest of us, and on things like DBZ they will do so obsessively.

All those people went and enjoyed it, what a bunch of idiots. no one could like that trash. heh.
:goonsay:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

KoB posted:

All those people went and enjoyed it, what a bunch of idiots. no one could like that trash. heh.

lol if you're actually defending the merit of an adam sandler movie

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Adam Sandler is an incredible businessman.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KoB posted:

Yeah, Grown Ups 2 is a garbage movie for garbage people. This isn't exactly news.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Adam Sandler was mildly funny on Brooklyn 99 which is the funniest I've ever seen him.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dragonball Z was such nonsense that I still enjoy it. The show is just so earnest in its shlockiness. Dragonball is superior, though. The characters are better. :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Jackie D posted:

lol if you're actually defending the merit of an adam sandler movie

I didnt see either, but clearly a large number of people thought the first was good enough to see the sequel.

e: also I was mostly referring to the Dragon ball movie, but the point is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KoB posted:

I didnt see either, but clearly a large number of people thought the first was good enough to see the sequel.

A large number of people watch Fox News. A large number of people think Larry the Cable Guy is hilarious. A large number of people can't do simple math. A large number of people are really stupid. Not everyone is a unique special snowflake who's opinion should be valued and taken as a gospel.

E: Here's a video showing a lot of people's reaction to a commercial. Of course we shouldn't make fun of them, though because if a lot of people like, think, or support something then that thing is right and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq7REQGN07Y

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 13, 2014

• Locked thread