Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Are we getting mad at people liking things now? Holy poo poo, get over yourself bud.

Was the puppy thing last week just a one-off, or is Thursday streaming going to be a thing again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
I don't want to say anything about the merits of an obviously popular cartoon but man that game looks like boring bullshit. 99% of that opinion might be due to the fact I have never seen Dragonball

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Are we getting mad at people liking things now? Holy poo poo, get over yourself bud.

Was the puppy thing last week just a one-off, or is Thursday streaming going to be a thing again?

Only as mad as people are getting about other people not liking things.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That game reminds me of a Playstation Dragonball Z game where you play as multiple characters against boss characters. I thought it was a pretty fun game overall but in the grand scheme of things it was probably pretty average.

Edit: This one

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 13, 2014

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

In middle school the only clique that watched it was the uber-nerds. Like the guys who were in boy scouts until they were 18 and the fat smelly kid who got caught jerking off in the computer lab and came from the family full of registered sex offenders.

Pretty sure no one went this far with people not liking things. Calm down.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pretty sure no one went this far with people not liking things. Calm down.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

If you hate on dbz you are the biggest stick in the mud. People like dbz cause it was fun watching goku beat up the bad guys back in 4th grade. No one will dispute its poorly paced and dumb, but being all "Hmmph, dragon ball? Bet you were a fat loser with no friends huh dumbass :smuggo:" makes you an insufferable rear end in a top hat

And all his posts were that same "if you don't like this you suck!" poo poo right from the beginning here.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Only as mad as people are getting about other people not liking things.

So you realize you're being just as obnoxious then. Jesus Christ are we really comparing a dumb cartoon people liked as kids to loving Fox News

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Troffen posted:

So you realize you're being just as obnoxious then. Jesus Christ are we really comparing a dumb cartoon people liked as kids to loving Fox News

Yes, because people seem to get just as offended if you point out that either is pretty dumb. As I said if you liked it as a kid, fine. We all liked bad stuff as a kid. But calling someone an "insufferable rear end in a top hat" for pointing out that nah, it was pretty bad and you only liked it cause you were a kid is a pretty stupid thing to do.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Dragonball Z was so loving cool, it's too bad they went and messed it all up with the Dragonball Z Kai edits. I like the idea of trimming out a bunch of the filler eps in principle, but not when you replace glorious Bruce Faulconer synthrock with that lifeless orchestral Japanese garbage. Hell, that poo poo's even worse than trying to listen to the original Japanese VAs. I guess one day my kids are just gonna have to watch all 291 episodes of The Authentic Toonami Experience.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Oh man I just got to the bit in the last breaking brad with the crystal lizards and this is loving hilarious. Brad turns into some kind of angry cartoon character or something.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Jeff already settled who/what anime is for years ago. :colbert:

From the podcast it sounds like it was a one-off prompted by the mature Jeff being out of the house and the kids getting real crazy. Must've been rather exhausting too, so as much as i wish i doubt it's a regular thing.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 13, 2014

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

And all his posts were that same "if you don't like this you suck!" poo poo right from the beginning here.

You've got to reassess the situation if you really think these things are equal.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

From the podcast it sounds like it was a one-off prompted by the mature Jeff being out of the house and the kids getting real crazy. Must've been rather exhausting too, so as much as i wish i doubt it's a regular thing.

Hopefully all the talk of new blood coming in happens sooner than later then, they seem to get strapped really quickly, even when just one guy is out of the office.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Oh man I just got to the bit in the last breaking brad with the crystal lizards and this is loving hilarious. Brad turns into some kind of angry cartoon character or something.

I only had the sound as I was doing something else on the PC but it still made me laugh, I'll have to go back and watch it.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

TheJoker138 posted:

Don't worry, whenever it came on I did get out, into the actual world, to socialize with people and not be a weirdo who watches terrible anime for jerks.

TheJoker138 posted:

No, you should have went outside to play.

TheJoker138 posted:

No, only the social reject nerdlings have those jokes, sorry.

TheJoker138 posted:

Also everyone in high school was kind of tangentially aware it existed at least, but there were very few people who actually watched any of it beyond that. There was always at least one guy who would talk at length about how awesome it is while everyone else got all quiet and uncomfortable. You were probably that guy, dude.

yeah man, Im the rear end in a top hat here

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Holy Cheese posted:

I only had the sound as I was doing something else on the PC but it still made me laugh, I'll have to go back and watch it.

I swear he looks exactly like the Doom Guy at one point.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Laughing at DBZ isn't as fun if you guys are going get all serious about it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

yeah man, Im the rear end in a top hat here

The first thing was in reference to your amazing effort post of "If you don't like DBZ :getout:"

The second was more of a joke. And the third and fourth are both just true in my experience. I'm not making anything in that last one up, those are the people in my middle and high school who wouldn't shut the gently caress up about DBZ and the reaction that the rest of us had to them on a consistent basis. I'm for sure an rear end in a top hat, but really, so are you.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

People are really having a meltdown about DBZ here. Well, a person really.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Joker is insufferable, but his point is that popular things can be, and often are, terrible. He's right, too.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

You compared me to sex offenders

TheJoker138 posted:

In middle school the only clique that watched it was the uber-nerds. Like the guys who were in boy scouts until they were 18 and the fat smelly kid who got caught jerking off in the computer lab and came from the family full of registered sex offenders.

I called you a wet blanket

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

People are really having a meltdown about DBZ here. Well, a person really.

Youre right, this is pathetic. Im dropping this, please forgive my awful derail

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

You compared me to sex offenders

I called you a wet blanket

Once again, I am not exaggerating at all there. Those were all the people in the anime club at school and the only people I know beyond the age of 13 who ever talked about DBZ as anything other than "ha ha that dumb anime show." Also nice edit out of that last little dig at me in your "I'm above all this :smug:" post.

And yes, I'm an rear end in a top hat and a lot of the times am insufferable, but when the argument being made is "a thing is popular therefore thing is good," what the gently caress do you want me to say?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Once again, I am not exaggerating at all there. Also nice edit out of that last little dig at me in your "I'm above all this :smug:" post.

And yes, I'm an rear end in a top hat and a lot of the times am insufferable, but when the argument being made is "a thing is popular therefore thing is good," what the gently caress do you want me to say?

maybe if you were as handsome and cool as devin thomas people would accept your posting more

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Adam Sandler is better than Dragonball i think

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Adam Sandler is better than Dragonball i think

Nah. Adam Sandler productions are big scams. I think more passion went into the Dragonball franchise than the last several Adam Sandler films, even if it's just a little. Dragonball is the gateway drug for kids liking dumb stuff. The next step is the Fast and Furious franchise.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Equilibrium posted:

Dragonball Z was so loving cool, it's too bad they went and messed it all up with the Dragonball Z Kai edits. I like the idea of trimming out a bunch of the filler eps in principle, but not when you replace glorious Bruce Faulconer synthrock with that lifeless orchestral Japanese garbage. Hell, that poo poo's even worse than trying to listen to the original Japanese VAs. I guess one day my kids are just gonna have to watch all 291 episodes of The Authentic Toonami Experience.

It'll only be the authentic experience if you make them start over like twice at the end of each saga.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jimbot posted:

Nah. Adam Sandler productions are big scams. I think more passion went into the Dragonball franchise than the last several Adam Sandler films, even if it's just a little. Dragonball is the gateway drug for kids liking dumb stuff. The next step is the Fast and Furious franchise.

Fast+Furious is cool and good

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Dumb can be cool and good, that's like the whole premise behind professional wrestling.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mutation posted:

Dumb can be cool and good, that's like the whole premise behind professional wrestling.

Dumb can be cool and good. It can also be totally awful. See the current state of professional wrestling.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Equilibrium posted:

Kai removed the episode where Goku and Piccolo are forced to get driving lessons, that's just a crime.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dragonball is a legit kids adventure comic/show, it's something decent you can give to kids that they'll like. DBZ is bad, but so is Joker so it all evens out.

I give this derail about 5 more posts before it inevitably turns into people saying everything Japan makes is awful/great (both sides being equally wrong and equally annoying).

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ive fallen behind on the Demon Souls streams, but i was pretty tickled when Brad and Vinny started talking about the opera house scene in FF6 during the tower of Latria and Brad started humming the song perfectly

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jimbot posted:

This isn't a scam. It's pure passion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S6eUFbOfIU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Jackie D posted:

Joker is insufferable, but his point is that popular things can be, and often are, terrible. He's right, too.

Maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The last few pages make me wish for Brad is bad at games chat to be back.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Could be worse, they could be complaining about Patrick/Rorie.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
They need a feature where Rorie just responds to various videos of dogs in media. Including the Sarah Mclachlan commercials.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mutation posted:

They need a feature where Rorie just responds to various videos of dogs in media. Including the Sarah Mclachlan commercials.

Why do you want to watch Rorie cry, you monster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheJoker138 posted:

Why do you want to watch Rorie cry, you monster?

Is there really anyone here who doesn't wanna watch Rorie cry?

Alternative Rorie joke: You're a monster. :smuggo:

• Locked thread