Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
In a weird coincidence between Scott Thompson's appearances on Colbert and that Moment of Zen:

wikipedia posted:

The name of the group came from Sid Caesar, who, if a joke didn't go over, or played worse than expected, would attribute it to "the kids in the hall", referring to a group of young writers hanging around the studio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kids_in_the_Hall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Haha oh what a great payoff.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

this opening is amazing

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Von Sloneker posted:

In a weird coincidence between Scott Thompson's appearances on Colbert and that Moment of Zen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kids_in_the_Hall
I don't know Sid's body of work, but I definitely have heard of him.

Wow Bill is a slimy huckster.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gosh O'Reilly, go ahead and suck your own dick a bit more there.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

It wasn't till now that I realized just how dead on Stephen's impression of O'Riley is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
10) Fox News!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

This segment needs an angry Papa Bear cameo to take his microwave oven back.

RON FUNCHES IS BACK!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

It wasn't till now that I realized just how dead on Stephen's impression of O'Riley is.
I'm pretty sure Bill O'Reilly inspired Colbert's character.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He jacked papa bear's microwave.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

I'm pretty sure Bill O'Reilly inspired Colbert's character.

I know, but its not until now that I see just how much of Bill is in Stephen's character.

I was dumb founded at "I'l take that as a yes"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Y-Hat posted:

I don't know Sid's body of work, but I definitely have heard of him.

Comedy Central used to air reruns of Your Show Of Shows for a little while like 20 years ago. It was really weird how modern it was compared to most comedy from the 50s.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ha, the microwave bids are already up to $4k.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I remember that O'Reilly interview, it included a wonderful exchange that went something like:

Bill: Why do you host the show as your character?

Stephen: I don't. I host the show as your character.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh Shep, you adorable idiot.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I have to believe that Shep Smith knows what a veloute is, but chose to play dumb for the Fox News audience.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

He's still going

edit: Jesus christ I'm laughing so hard at this and I have no idea why

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Shep is a national treasure.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Shep is amazing.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I have to believe that Shep Smith knows what a veloute is, but chose to play dumb for the Fox News audience.

He is the one guy on FOX News I don't think is acting. It's either not giving a poo poo or something is actually wrong with him. Something that might require a meeting with a neurologist.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shep sure is great.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Shep is too beautiful for this world.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Shep is still the only good reporter on Fox News.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was actually expecting "I'm surprised they aren't serving fried chicken or pigs feet!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BigRed0427 posted:

He is the one guy on FOX News I don't think is acting. It's either not giving a poo poo or something is actually wrong with him. Something that might require a meeting with a neurologist.

In that Atheist in the Foxhole book Muto said Shep was the show that was the "cool kids" and he was one of the few non shitheads.

I think he just doesn't give a poo poo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What is this movie

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

haveblue posted:

What is this movie
A hipster's wet dream.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

haveblue posted:

What is this movie

If it's like his others, a legit great artsy movie that you can also smoke weed to if you like.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Acquilae posted:

A hipster's wet dream.

He's no Matthew Barney in that regard.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

comes along bort posted:

He's no Matthew Barney in that regard.

THats the guy who made Cree-cycle right?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I meant to say, that scene from RoboCop just looked terrible. I hate when they add old music, no matter how good it is, to sci-fi movies.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I meant to say, that scene from RoboCop just looked terrible. I hate when they add old music, no matter how good it is, to sci-fi movies.
It's probably the least terrible thing about that movie. It's a PG-13 remake of an R-rated action movie, and reviews are saying that it takes itself seriously in spite of having a crazy plot.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The Shep bit was great--because I know that's how I would be if I had a dinner that fancy. It all sounds lovely.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Y-Hat posted:

It's probably the least terrible thing about that movie. It's a PG-13 remake of an R-rated action movie, and reviews are saying that it takes itself seriously in spite of having a crazy plot.

Oh yea, I doubt its the worst thing in the movie, but its just a pet peeve of mine. It's like the producers think that what they're making is low class, so they need to give it a boost and stick some classy old song in the film. Or they just want to inflict the lovely music tastes of a boring dad on us all (George Lucas putting a lovely motown esque song and dance number in Jabbas Palace for example. Nothing says boring dad trying to be cool like motown).

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Try eighty five thousand dollars.

Is O'Reilly's thing even that high?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

ThatPazuzu posted:

Colbert's ironically homophobic jokes are getting really loving old. That's really my biggest problem with Colbert: If you're doing something ironically, you're still doing it.

Why do you even watch Colbert then? He only has one joke and it is your biggest problem with the show.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BigRed0427 posted:

It's all that trueblood.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Acquilae posted:

Shep is still the only good reporter on Fox News.

Shep is the only person there I would legitimately enjoy sitting down to a meal with. He has a sense of humor, isn't a ridiculous zealot, and I think obviously doesn't care about whatever the corporate tone is and just has a good time following the news. Not to mention that he actually seems to give a poo poo when his production team cocks up like they did with that man committing suicide live on TV. His apology for that was pretty heartfelt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvfjXu1DDqA

:(

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Miltank posted:

Why do you even watch Colbert then? He only has one joke and it is your biggest problem with the show.

Because it's on right after The Daily Show and it does go have a few really good things like the Shep Smith menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't know why I expected Putin's spokesman to be even a little less of a supervillain than him.

• Locked thread