Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
So when I look at the dynmap for my NST Diet server, I see a DIM-100/Underdark entry in the dimensions list. I can't find jack poo poo on such a thing via Google. What the hell is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

D34THROW posted:

So when I look at the dynmap for my NST Diet server, I see a DIM-100/Underdark entry in the dimensions list. I can't find jack poo poo on such a thing via Google. What the hell is it?

The Underdark is added by Extra Utilities. The portal is a single block crafted using Unstable Ingots*, and the dimension itself is basically an infinite cobblestone cave with hostile mob spawns turned way, way up. It also claims to have higher concentrations of ore (under the cobblestone layer) but I never really noticed it in my exploration of the place. It also seems to have pre-generated structures made out of the mod's colored stone bricks and planks.

The main gimmick of the underdark is that if you spend too much time in too low a light level, you start to take damage at a very fast rate. The idea being that the darkness itself in the underdark is a hostile entity. OoooOooOooOooo! :ghost:

I found it to be pretty dumb and pointless.

* Unstable ingots are pretty terrible. They explode catastrophically 10 seconds after being crafted, which WILL kill you (there is a special death message for it). They'll also explode if you drop them on the ground. You basically have to make them and then immediately make what you want to make with them and if you gently caress up, you're going to die. The only thing I've found them to be really useful for is Ethereal Glass, which will let players pass through it, but not mobs, and looks pretty cool.

Fortis fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 13, 2014

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Christ. Good for farming mobs if you need to, but otherwise pointless by the sounds of it.

It makes me miss an old server I used to play on back in the alpha days; it was a gigantic hand-crafted cave system spanning the whole 128-block map height. Giant obsidian creepers, ice caves, all sorts of weird events. Even had a Redstone Cult that left cryptic messages and redstone everywhere. Kind of like WilsonSMP underground.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I have some questions that have come up while scouting around in a modular powersuit. First, is there anything I can do to fix locked up chunk loading? When I rocket around for awhile, I hit a point where new chunks don't load anymore. I was stuck in a small grid last night that was mostly ocean, with just a few small islands. It was night so the monster spawner just starting vomiting hostile creatures onto the islands. It would also regenerate any blocks I tried to dig, so I couldn't just burrow down and try to wait it out or something. All I could really do was quit and come back in. I think it happens when I'm looking at new spots. In previously-explored spots, it won't load the chunks sometimes, but it knows what's there. When going through unloaded, but explored areas, I don't slow down like it happens unexplored areas.

Is there a known clone bug in TE's energetic infuser? I tried to recharge my chest powersuit armor in one, and when I pulled the piece out of the infuser, it kept giving me one more, like Jesus with the loaves and fishes or something. So now I have these three chest pieces kind of just chilling.

I'm also still trying to get the handle on flying. I have jet boots, a jet pack, glider wings, and flight control. I can enter level flight fine, but can't really move up or down by set amounts. Is that not really a thing? Also, sometimes when moving around--I think particularly when looking down--it will break out of flight and I just come crashing down. It hasn't been too big of a deal since I'm over the ocean, and it looks like flight control keeps me from smacking into solid ground. It's still very annoying. Thinking about it, I kind of wonder if my chest jetpack is even being used. Maybe it's just using my feet.

The energy consumption rate is also confusing to me. My head piece dropped down by half after a 20-minute journey, and a little nibble was taken out of the chest piece, but the legs and feet had retained all their energy.

In other news, I'll second the good vibes over the builder's wand. I got one in some dungeon loot and just kind of sat on it until somebody mentioned it here. I wanted to test out a vertical farm idea I had, and it was very useful for quickly laying out the layers.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I have some questions that have come up while scouting around in a modular powersuit. First, is there anything I can do to fix locked up chunk loading? When I rocket around for awhile, I hit a point where new chunks don't load anymore. I was stuck in a small grid last night that was mostly ocean, with just a few small islands. It was night so the monster spawner just starting vomiting hostile creatures onto the islands. It would also regenerate any blocks I tried to dig, so I couldn't just burrow down and try to wait it out or something. All I could really do was quit and come back in. I think it happens when I'm looking at new spots. In previously-explored spots, it won't load the chunks sometimes, but it knows what's there. When going through unloaded, but explored areas, I don't slow down like it happens unexplored areas.

Is there a known clone bug in TE's energetic infuser? I tried to recharge my chest powersuit armor in one, and when I pulled the piece out of the infuser, it kept giving me one more, like Jesus with the loaves and fishes or something. So now I have these three chest pieces kind of just chilling.

I'm also still trying to get the handle on flying. I have jet boots, a jet pack, glider wings, and flight control. I can enter level flight fine, but can't really move up or down by set amounts. Is that not really a thing? Also, sometimes when moving around--I think particularly when looking down--it will break out of flight and I just come crashing down. It hasn't been too big of a deal since I'm over the ocean, and it looks like flight control keeps me from smacking into solid ground. It's still very annoying. Thinking about it, I kind of wonder if my chest jetpack is even being used. Maybe it's just using my feet.

The energy consumption rate is also confusing to me. My head piece dropped down by half after a 20-minute journey, and a little nibble was taken out of the chest piece, but the legs and feet had retained all their energy.

In other news, I'll second the good vibes over the builder's wand. I got one in some dungeon loot and just kind of sat on it until somebody mentioned it here. I wanted to test out a vertical farm idea I had, and it was very useful for quickly laying out the layers.

Battery use goes top-down, it's not per-piece. In fact, you only need one battery in your suit at all. Jet boots are totally redundant with the jetpack and are probably causing some issue. I personally wouldn't bother with glider wings either when you have the jetpack and a decent sized battery, but it might help if you're having issues with up-down control. Being unable to move up-down precisely with the jetpack is just part of how it works unfortunately. Most importantly, you have to boost the power on the jetpack before you get much vertical thrust past counteracting gravity. I just wind up maximizing it, personally, since it's about as efficient at the top as at the bottom per block traveled.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

ZarquonHigardi posted:

Just a warning: I recommend NOT growing MFR's Sacred Rubber Tree Saplings. Seriously.

The tainted chunks in this map should give you a good idea how stupidly massive that *single* tree is.

I just wanted to say I drat near felt vertigo looking at this screenshot until I realized you were looking up and not down. This is hilarious.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Erogenous Beef posted:

Apparently he also rewrote the MFR Harvester so it could chomp on sacred rubber tree-size objects without lagging the poo poo out of servers.

Actually I noticed when the server I'm on upgraded to the version where the harvester code changed; they used to cut all the leaves off a tree then cut down the wood, now it cuts the wood going upward then explodes through the leaves.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

What texture pack do you all recommend? I have a hard time finding one I like because most of them clash pretty badly with stuff like Chisel's blocks.
Faithful 32 is a pretty good texture pack. It is pretty much the vanilla textures but slightly refined. It doesn't mess with the ui elements or change how things look completely. It matches mod textures great, and it even looks pretty okay on vanilla servers. Although if I were playing just vanilla I'd use something like paper cut out or ovo's rustic.

I haven't messed with faithful's mod support, but there are people actively posting stuff in the thread if you want to dabble with it. I just grab the basic one and use it everywhere over the vanilla textures.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 13, 2014

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

m2pt5 posted:

Actually I noticed when the server I'm on upgraded to the version where the harvester code changed; they used to cut all the leaves off a tree then cut down the wood, now it cuts the wood going upward then explodes through the leaves.

I could see this causing a massive amount of lag on the sacred rubber trees once the wood is all gone. Think of all those leaves, decaying at once, dropping thousands of saplings.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

D34THROW posted:

Christ. Good for farming mobs if you need to, but otherwise pointless by the sounds of it.
Nah, it really does have a higher concentration of ore.

That said, spawns ignore light levels and mobs have double health/damage. Have fun!

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

McFrugal posted:

I could see this causing a massive amount of lag on the sacred rubber trees once the wood is all gone. Think of all those leaves, decaying at once, dropping thousands of saplings.

Harvesters catch (most of) the saplings they would create by breaking the leaves they break.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I keep forgetting to post about my house on WylkerWorld.

First a picture I made to show off the new skin I had made for the 1.8 update that adds more details (still in 1.6 though because I can't live without mods)

A few shots of the treehouse from different angles to get the different portions of it in more detail

My farm that provides all my food, being run by golems of course.

My lumber mill, also run by golems

Some interior shots, a good majority of the house is decorated and I just need to finish up the remaining rooms.

And this is the Dimensional Door entrance.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Given the size of the tree, I'd assume it has a custom leaf decay since most of those leaves would be outside the normal range of wood.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Does anyone have any thoughts on Ars Magica 2? I want to include some sort of magic in this pack for the people I know who really like magic-based stuff, but Thaumcraft has always felt... idk, kinda bleh.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

The Mattybee posted:

Does anyone have any thoughts on Ars Magica 2? I want to include some sort of magic in this pack for the people I know who really like magic-based stuff, but Thaumcraft has always felt... idk, kinda bleh.
It's likely going to become standard in the same way thaumcraft is standard. It already kind of is in the 1.6.x packs.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Khorne posted:

It's likely going to become standard in the same way thaumcraft is standard. It already kind of is in the 1.6.x packs.

I was never really into Thaumcraft, but not having boots of the traveller is giving me cold shakes from withdrawal.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Every time Fondue has tried to add Ars Magica 2 to his Luddite pack it's been a train wreck. Ultimately it just wasn't stable enough and would bring down everything.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Khorne posted:

Pretty much. The adventure/fantasy pack I'm working on has Ars Magica 2 on it and it's been pretty fun to play with.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Roland Jones posted:

Okay, follow-up to the Witchery and Hexxit thing, Hexxit (unless there's something huge I'm missing) is still in 1.5.x while Witchery is in 1.6.x, as is Blood Magic. Dropping them into that pack is out. So, does anyone know of some good Hexxit-ish packs with one or both of those mods, or some other non-Thaumcraft magic mod? Basically I want an adventure and exploration-focused one rather than the usual tech focus, though Tinkers Construct (which isn't really tech, just crafting with a little more infrastructure involved) is also something I'd like. Someone was talking about their pack a page or so back but I think it was a private one.

Alternatively, I could use mod recommendations so I can put a pack together myself. Looking at this list already, which has a lot of mods I like/am interested in, but other recommendations would be good too. Again, basically looking for adventure/exploration mods, though I'll probably put in a few things like Chisel and the heraldry mod in as well.

You can try downloading the pack I was talking about at it's technic URL: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/draugur-saga

I can't make guarantees since I'm still tweaking it and looking for bugs. I'd suggest tweaking the configs in ways that make it more your style.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Heffer posted:

I was never really into Thaumcraft, but not having boots of the traveller is giving me cold shakes from withdrawal.

Yeah, this. I've never been in to thaumcraft, but not having those boots sucks hard.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

King Hotpants posted:

Try /opis_start, then let it run for a minute or until it stops itself, then type /opis_te and it'll show you the 20 laggiest tile entities in a nice list. Click on any of them to teleport to them.

Taffer posted:

Profiled information(like the mean time overlay) only works after running opis, which you do with /opis_start.

If you have TE, /cofh tps should work, you don't need any special permissions for it.

Somehow when I use /opis_te I get a blank overlay with type, mod, dim, pos, and update time. but nothing else.
I think it should show a list of some sort, but it's not showing for me...

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Shadowmorn posted:

stuff about my Geothaumology pastebin

The plan with the crystal machine is that it'll work like any block that consumes essentia - it just won't accept it till you've applied the upgrade, ala Golem upgrades.

Regarding the Salis Mundus/Sugar thing, I'm tempted to do a TE-style thing, where sugar will work, but only get you say, 2 crystal per quartz, whereas Salis Mundus gets you alot more or something. Also yeah, editing the recipe for Salis Mundus to include the clear shards will probably be a good idea too.

I'm sort of wondering if I should do some aesthetical stuff as well with the shards. Like, maybe "Active Ignis Shard" as a glowy, more light-giving torch(and no, I'm not thinking 1:1 shard to active-shard. Something like 1:6)

And also maybe an "Active Aqua Shard", which creates water-source blocks around it?

Honestly I have so many goddamn ideas I don't want to get too ahead of myself, because I've still actually got to crack down and learn how to make this thing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Ars Magica 2 is pretty nice. It's mostly non-intrusive so if you want to ignore it, you can. It adds neat things like falling stars, the bosses are all summoned at-will and are surprisingly fun to fight (especially if you build an arena), and being able to make your own custom spells is amazing. You can string together effects and modes to make a spell that blasts enemies back from you and regenerates you at the same time, or throw a solid explosive beam at enemies, or chain lightning between them, or create a healing patch on the ground for you and your teammates, and on and on. Amazing stuff.
The only downside is the unlocking of spell types and effects is limited by your spell level, and leveling up becomes an insane grind by the time you're even at level 30. I haven't really found a way to handle that.

TE!
Nov 26, 2003

I LOVE THE LITTLE BOYS OF CATHOLIC!! LOLZ!
I'm using the never stop toasting modpack and I am having great difficulty crafting stuff. It seems that certain items replace others which makes traversing the various wikis quite difficult. For example, I have no idea how to craft a machine block or make machines at all. I managed to craft a rolling machine but can't figure out how to craft anything that can make power. I have like 6-7 different version of tin and copper but none of the recipes seem to work with any of them. :(

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Does anyone know the mathematics of converting between Redstone Flux and Universal Electricity/Atomic Science joules/watts/whatever they are?

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
My husband was the one hosting our world on his computer via LAN and he just let me copy it over to my computer so I could host it since I'd like to putz around on it when he's not home. I just tried to log into the world and had all of his equipment/inventory. How do I swap it so my DAT file thing is the one the save looks at when I'm the only player? I found both of ours in the players folder for the world, what next?

ZarquonHigardi
Mar 27, 2010

GotLag posted:

Does anyone know the mathematics of converting between Redstone Flux and Universal Electricity/Atomic Science joules/watts/whatever they are?

Mekanism universal cable should be able to carry UE's power into a RF battery (or vice-versa). They can be kinda laggy, so don't use too many of them.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Taffer posted:

Yeah, this. I've never been in to thaumcraft, but not having those boots sucks hard.

Someone should really make a Rings of Power style mod that just mimicks some of the stuff from TC that people like but without TC4.

Alternatively you could try using Artifacts and/or Twilight Forest which both add similar boots.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

ZarquonHigardi posted:

Mekanism universal cable should be able to carry UE's power into a RF battery (or vice-versa). They can be kinda laggy, so don't use too many of them.

I know this, but how many RF per joule, or vice versa?

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)
The custom modpack I've been running on my lab's server ("Mine Boggling") is almost ready to be released. As I mentioned earlier I've been spending a lot of time on it, aiming for something with slightly more "polished" feel than what I've seen in other packs, with less overlapping functionality between mods, with a lot of things to explore, and with a balance which encourages long-term collaborative efforts between players and massive industrial projects. Some of the mods included don't normally work very well with each other or are a bit buggy, but through a lot of tweaks I've been able to make things work (I've even gotten galacticraft to not be broken!). I use the Lost Books mod to make mobs drop in-game documentation books about the more obscure or difficult to understand mods (along with some mineworkers' folk songs).

The players have been having a lot of fun with it and a talented pixel-artist friend even made some custom art for some of the worst looking mods (Project Zulu, Galacticraft), and he also made a TON of awesome paintings which I added to the vanilla ones.
Here's the technic splash image he made for it:

This is the latest (and probably final) list of mods:

Flagship Mods
- Mystcraft
- Thaumcraft + Thaumic Tinkerer
- Witchery
- Galacticraft
- Twilight Forest
- Railcraft
- Thermal Expansion (only some machines, and no itemducts) + Redstone Arsenal
- Factorization
- Ships Mod (like Archimede's ships, but you can walk on the ships while they move!)
- Biomes O Plenty + Alternate Terrain Generation
- Atomic Science + ICBM
- Growthcraft
- Hardcore Ender Expansion
- Modular Powersuits

Exploration/Essential/etc Mods
Darwin (genetics and selective breeding to create custom mobs), Better Grass and Leaves, Treecapitator, Grimoire of Gaia (only the monsters that are NOT anime girls), Not Enough Items, Baby Animals, Damage Indicators, Artifacts, Battle Towers, Better Storage, Dimensional Doors (dungeons only), Bibliocraft + Bibliowoods, Chisel, CraftGuide, CraftHeraldry, Custom Codex, Custom Chest Loot, Chicken Shed, Deadly World, DungeonPack, Dynamic Lights, Paintings++ and Paintings Selection GUI, Hamsters, Lava Monsters, Special Mobs, Lost Books, Mob Properties, More Nature, Mutant Creatures, Player Heads, Portal Gun, Project Zulu, Red Logic, Redstone in Motion, Roguelike Dungeons, Statues, Balkon's WeaponMod, Wireless Redstone, Minetweaker (LOTS of tweaks), Mob Spawn Controls, Thaumcraft Mob Aspects

The one mod I really wish someone would make now, is one that simply either removes sea villages, or add a wooden platform for them to float on.

Bob le Moche fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 14, 2014

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.

GotLag posted:

I know this, but how many RF per joule, or vice versa?

It's a config option in some of the mods. Mek, UE, Atomic Science, etc all have conversion values set in their configs. Just open the configs up to see what yours are set to. Example for UE:

code:
# Configuration file

####################
# compatiblity
####################

compatiblity {
    D:"BuildCraft Conversion Ratio"=100.0
    D:"IndustrialCraft Conversion Ratio"=40.0
    B:"Is Network Active"=false
    B:"Is Voltage Sensitive"=false
    D:"Thermal Expansion Conversion Ratio"=0.28139999508857727
}

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

BlueOccamy posted:

My husband was the one hosting our world on his computer via LAN and he just let me copy it over to my computer so I could host it since I'd like to putz around on it when he's not home. I just tried to log into the world and had all of his equipment/inventory. How do I swap it so my DAT file thing is the one the save looks at when I'm the only player? I found both of ours in the players folder for the world, what next?

So turns out there's the single player stuff that gets saved as part of the level.dat which overwrites the Player.dat in the Player folder. And since it's thrown in the middle of everything else I couldn't figure out how to copy my stuff in there instead of his. We loaded it up on his computer again, tossed all our poo poo in chests, and made a fresh copy of the save to toss on my computer. I logged into the world where he logged off and with his exp bar, and he logged on in the same spot with his old exp bar.

Here's hoping they either changed this poo poo to be easier to mess with in 1.7 or will do so soon (this modpack is on 1.5 something) because we might be throwing it back to his computer at some point :/

But for now, blocks! :toot:

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
So most of my modpack stuff seems to be working so far, but when I go through NEI's item lists I end up with this on one page:

I'm not sure what's causing it and it crashed for a while after leaving it like that. Any idea what would cause this?

EDIT: The NEI interface goes completely invisible, but still functions, just to be clear.
EDIT 2: It only happens on page 5 of the items. Nothing else.

The Mattybee fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 14, 2014

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Bob le Moche posted:

The custom modpack I've been running on my lab's server ("Mine Boggling") is almost ready to be released. As I mentioned earlier I've been spending a lot of time on it, aiming for something with slightly more "polished" feel than what I've seen in other packs, with less overlapping functionality between mods, with a lot of things to explore, and with a balance which encourages long-term collaborative efforts between players and massive industrial projects. Some of the mods included don't normally work very well with each other or are a bit buggy, but through a lot of tweaks I've been able to make things work (I've even gotten galacticraft to not be broken!). I use the Lost Books mod to make mobs drop in-game documentation books about the more obscure or difficult to understand mods (along with some mineworkers' folk songs).

The players have been having a lot of fun with it and a talented pixel-artist friend even made some custom art for some of the worst looking mods (Project Zulu, Galacticraft), and he also made a TON of awesome paintings which I added to the vanilla ones.
Here's the technic splash image he made for it:

This is the latest (and probably final) list of mods:

Flagship Mods
- Mystcraft
- Thaumcraft + Thaumic Tinkerer
- Witchery
- Galacticraft
- Twilight Forest
- Railcraft
- Thermal Expansion (only some machines, and no itemducts) + Redstone Arsenal
- Factorization
- Ships Mod (like Archimede's ships, but you can walk on the ships while they move!)
- Biomes O Plenty + Alternate Terrain Generation
- Atomic Science + ICBM
- Growthcraft
- Hardcore Ender Expansion
- Modular Powersuits

Exploration/Essential/etc Mods
Darwin (genetics and selective breeding to create custom mobs), Better Grass and Leaves, Treecapitator, Grimoire of Gaia (only the monsters that are NOT anime girls), Not Enough Items, Baby Animals, Damage Indicators, Artifacts, Battle Towers, Better Storage, Dimensional Doors (dungeons only), Bibliocraft + Bibliowoods, Chisel, CraftGuide, CraftHeraldry, Custom Codex, Custom Chest Loot, Chicken Shed, Deadly World, DungeonPack, Dynamic Lights, Paintings++ and Paintings Selection GUI, Hamsters, Lava Monsters, Special Mobs, Lost Books, Mob Properties, More Nature, Mutant Creatures, Player Heads, Portal Gun, Project Zulu, Red Logic, Redstone in Motion, Roguelike Dungeons, Statues, Balkon's WeaponMod, Wireless Redstone, Minetweaker (LOTS of tweaks), Mob Spawn Controls, Thaumcraft Mob Aspects

The one mod I really wish someone would make now, is one that simply either removes sea villages, or add a wooden platform for them to float on.

Sounds pretty spiffy.Any particular reason for the lack of Applied Energistics? I don't know if I can function without it anymore.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Kiyanis posted:

It's a config option in some of the mods. Mek, UE, Atomic Science, etc all have conversion values set in their configs. Just open the configs up to see what yours are set to. Example for UE:

code:
# Configuration file

####################
# compatiblity
####################

compatiblity {
    D:"BuildCraft Conversion Ratio"=100.0
    D:"IndustrialCraft Conversion Ratio"=40.0
    B:"Is Network Active"=false
    B:"Is Voltage Sensitive"=false
    D:"Thermal Expansion Conversion Ratio"=0.28139999508857727
}

The gently caress? RF should be 10, not... that number.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Cerepol posted:

Sounds pretty spiffy.Any particular reason for the lack of Applied Energistics? I don't know if I can function without it anymore.

I'm guessing for the same reason as no itemducts - some way of minimizing automation? (I'm guessing here.)

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

Well I'd say it's actually because I enjoy building large complicated automation systems way too much. I really enjoy building complex railcraft networks with other players and having carts zip around automated factories, but mods such as AE and TE itemducts are so much more cheap and compact that it makes using anything else pointless :( I understand this is a minority opinion, though, and that on less powerful servers the performance savings from AE are very important.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Cerepol posted:

Well, you could use golems or a Sorting Tree for keeping your chests sorted, and Routers or golems can work for inserting things automatically into machines. I don't see a barrel mod or MFR or anything though so storing all your cobble would still be a pain.

Bob le Moche posted:

Well I'd say it's actually because I enjoy building large complicated automation systems way too much. I really enjoy building complex railcraft networks with other players and having carts zip around automated factories, but mods such as AE and TE itemducts are so much more cheap and compact that it makes using anything else pointless :( I understand this is a minority opinion, though, and that on less powerful servers the performance savings from AE are very important.

Oh, I never tried using minecarts for item transport before. That's an interesting option. Can you make a sorting machine that way?

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

McFrugal posted:

Oh, I never tried using minecarts for item transport before. That's an interesting option. Can you make a sorting machine that way?

If you mean sorting in the sense of shipping things to different places based on item type, the basic railcraft item loaders/unloaders let you apply filters to achieve that. There's also the factorization "parasieve" which can be combined with the "item shifter" in order to target both item types and specific inventory slots to take things in and out of.
As for sorting in the sense of keeping things tidy within a single container, I can't think of anything in the pack other than the sorting tree that does that.

Regarding barrels: factorization includes barrels for players' cobble storage needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Bob le Moche posted:

As much as I love AE/TE for handling all my item storage and sorting needs, I totally get what you're saying. A factory or system powered by railcraft (and maybe a few other mods) has this certain Rube Goldberg:ian charm to it that more compact and near-instant systems might lack, as satisfying though they might be to have running properly.

With all the different mods goons in here run, I think it'd be silly trying to tell anyone they're "playing wrong" just because they prefer one over the other. Now, if we were the minecraftforum forums, on the other hand... :)

• Locked thread