Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

yea theres some way create a potion that makes itself exponentially more powerful with overlapping enchantments but i never messed with it

Fortify Intelligence. Alchemy uses Int, so you make your int bigger for better potions, which make your alchemy better, which make your potions better, which make your int bigger, repeat desired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

The Protagonist posted:

Actually now that I think about it I'm really confused about the playerchars whole relationship with the empire at the beginning of the game. Like, you're a prisoner? But then they release you to go do freelance work and report in (or don't lol) at your leisure to a washed out drug addict?

Empire runs a tight ship I tell ya

The washed out drug addict is a high ranking Imperial CIA agent in charge of Vvardenfell operations

Also the other prisoner on the ship would later become Saint Jiub and drive Cliff Racers out of Morrowind

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
what was those mods which made oblivion playable

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

poptart_fairy posted:

what was those mods which made oblivion playable

check the games thread there should be a torrent full of mods that take a decade to install and configure properly

maybe youll actually play the game for a few minutes before realizing youre playing oblivion

or you could install nehrim like a loving sane person ityool 2014

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
no seriously get this poo poo: http://www.sureai.de/projects/nehrim/

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

just go play morrowind again. vanilla

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nehrim includes sets of landscapes that have never been implemented in any game before.

3.) There is more to the story than "Go save the world". Much more. The characters have deep personalities, they change throughout the game. And who knows, there may even be some romance...

hmmm yes

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

or better yet daggerfall if you aint a bitchmade scrub

*ive never played daggerfall either

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

nehrim is better than oblivion but i didn't really like it either, porbably because oblivion still has terrible gameplay

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Can someone explain why destruction magic is better than absorb health as a method of dealing damage as a mage?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

just go play morrowind again. vanilla

realtalk Morrowind Overhaul is treating me pretty well so far, it bundles together sounds/textures wiith all of hte bugfixes and patches and the graphics updates and poo poo and installs them correctly in the right order and sets up the load order and poo poo so you can just start playing vanilla+ without crashing or hurting your eyes or having to read a guide or do poo poo manually. Unless you're actually playing on an antique computer this probably the most painfree way to do it

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 13, 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://c0da.es/

Wonder what age of Tamriel this in in. I'm thinking 9th, personally.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

gggiiimmmppp posted:

realtalk Morrowind Overhaul is treating me pretty well so far, it bundles together sounds/textures wiith all of hte bugfixes and patches and the graphics updates and poo poo and installs them correctly in the right order and sets up the load order and poo poo so you can just start playing vanilla+ without crashing or hurting your eyes or having to read a guide or do poo poo manually. Unless you're actually playing on an antique computer this probably the most painfree way to do it

wow that looks pretty great. gonna try it this weekend.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Chum Scandal posted:

I found this for your signature, chum. :cheers:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Damp Star Baby
Jan 22, 2014

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Does MGSO conflict with any mods that add new enemies, less Cliff Racers or w/e to make Morrowind less empty? I can't imagine it conflicting with Galsiah's either. Overall seems like a legit way to replay it so far though.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gggiiimmmppp posted:

this is cool, i will try it

also i own both arena and daggerfall but have never played either. are they worth the effort? this question is aimed at everyone

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

also i own both arena and daggerfall but have never played either. are they worth the effort? this question is aimed at everyone

I tried to give that a real chance but I couldn't get used to the awful combat and boring dungeons.

This on the other hand:

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

the night dad posted:

Isn't TES actually pretty popular in japan for a western pc game?

Also, are there any good sixth house mods?

i heard The Sixth House Reborn was good but this is ofcourse hearsay from 10~ish years back

Damp Star Baby
Jan 22, 2014

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH

Blue Raider posted:

I tried getting into them over a decade ago, and even back then the UI was really crummy for my tastes. I could barely get into it, much less finish it.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Smarmy Coworker posted:

i heard The Sixth House Reborn was good but this is ofcourse hearsay from 10~ish years back

yeah i heard that was good, it's still being updated occasionally too

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

i tried to play daggerfall and encountered multiple serious glitches in teh first dungeon

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Chum Scandal posted:

I just set it up last night, I haven't left Sedya Neen yet but landscapes and buildings look pretty good. The shame of it is that the player character and NPCs (although they look MUCH better than vanilla) still look much worse than everything else. Animation is still jerky, clothing and armour textures are pretty pixelated, heads and bodies still look awkward and angular. It really stands out.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

SunAndSpring posted:

http://c0da.es/

Wonder what age of Tamriel this in in. I'm thinking 9th, personally.

what is this?

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
gently caress the police

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

calusari posted:

gently caress the police

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
daggerfall is worse than morrowind in Weird poo poo
from patchlogs:
Final patch:

-When you are infected by a werewolf, you now become a werewolf instead
of a wereboar.
-You will no longer start the game with negative spell points after
you created your character. The problem with the negative hit points
still exists however.

Earlier ones:
-Illegally bashing down doors no longer gives you a revered legal
reputation when you are caught.
-Randomly created monsters in quests now always have their
items equipped. They should be more challenging now
-The Create Item spell has been updated. It no longer creates items
that do not exist in the game.
-Equipping the Wabberjack no longer crashes the game.
-The bug where instead of having to pay money to summon Daedra, you
get paid money has been fixed. You will no longer get paid to
do this.
-The skeleton no longer walks backwards.
-The Dark Brotherhood no longer offers the same quests as the
Fighters Guild.

How to steal in Daggerfall:
Go to a shop
Wait x number of hours without the guards noticing. The shop will close and the shopkeeper will remain in there, but you can now steal off the shelves
Steal everything off the shelves, sell it to the shopkeeper who has been watching you awkwardly for the whole time
find another store

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

True story, I was picked from the many winning answers to be a beta tester for Morrowind's patches, and the expansions. I might have reported one bug, but it wasn't anything cool.

On the other hand, for Bloodmoon, someone found that if you were a vampire and turned into a werewolf you would have a hosed-up skin and an inside-out-argonian head. He posted multiple screenshots, none of which I've been able to track down. :sigh:

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

calusari posted:

gently caress the police

the best medium armor in the game and you couldn't even wear it without being attacked

Mradyfist
Sep 3, 2007

People that can eat people are the luckiest people in the world

I was getting chased by a Cliffracer last night on my way Balmora and I almost started crying.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

LEGO Genetics posted:

the best medium armor in the game and you couldn't even wear it without being attacked

you could wear it just not the helmet and maybe the pauldrons

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

LEGO Genetics posted:

"Why are these cops so mad that I'm wearing a bullet-proof vest with POLICE printed on it?!"

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I think they'd only react if you talked to them with it on, right?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If you picked Medium Armor you deserved to be hunted

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

More Michael Kirkbride stuff.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Can someone explain why destruction magic is better than absorb health as a method of dealing damage as a mage?

Just that there's only one source of health damage output in Restoration (absorb health itself) while Destruction has several (fire, frost, shock, damage health) and you can stack four of them into a single spell. Also they have better damage/magicka efficiency, although that isn't a big factor. Keep in mind the Weakness to X effects (also in Destruction) and especially that Weakness to Magicka multiplies with itself infinitely :iamafag:

e: that isn't very clear, only Weakness to Magicka mutliplies with itself, but recasting a bundled bunch of Weakness effects will still all get magnified because of that Weakness to Magicka multiplication thing.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I found this for your signature, chum. :cheers:

is that a nexus mod it looks hot

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 13, 2014

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

If you picked Medium Armor you deserved to be hunted

if you aren't playing morrowind with medium armor and a spear while constantly levitating the then i hope you get injected with dicks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Blue Raider posted:

this is cool, i will try it

if you don't know what you're doing daggerfall will chew you up and spit you out

if you do know what you're doing daggerfall will chew you up and spit you out

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I tried playing Daggerfall a couple of times. The best attempt at it failed when, after getting a Mage's Guild quest to guard the guild from a group of bandits breaking in (this is immediately after leaving the starting cave and joining the guild), I was given a quest to kill a werewolf in a cave I had to find myself - and bring its heart back - in three days. I eventually found the cave, but it had a staircase I wasn't able to ascend again after going down it. So I stopped playing.

Edit: Medium Armor in Morrowind is the best. Bonemould shoulders look so great over a robe. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if you don't know what you're doing daggerfall will chew you up and spit you out

if you do know what you're doing daggerfall will chew you up and spit you out

that doesnt sound appealing or fun. ill pass

• Locked thread