Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Darth Walrus posted:

Build Fighters Amazing. You can guess who it stars.

6-8 year old Yuuki and his smothering Maid who his lovely parents left him to be raised by!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Man, you know what I feel bad for? The Build Mk.II. That's a mecha that never got to do anything.

The Build Mk.II is my favorite design on the show and it got to be in one episode. It can fire two rifles while simultaneously flipping you off with both hands! How the gently caress is that not the star?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

BlitzBlast posted:

That's not an official kit, it's a customized 1/144 Gaia Gundam based off the design from the manga.

Well, it should be official. Make the phone calls, Bandai.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Crowetron posted:

The Build Mk.II is my favorite design on the show and it got to be in one episode. It can fire two rifles while simultaneously flipping you off with both hands! How the gently caress is that not the star?

Blink and you miss it, but Reiji used the Build MkII to spar with China when she was training for her battles.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

It was also used during some random parts of the prelims because the Star Build Strike was either trashed or being tuned up, I can't remember which.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TARDISman posted:

It was also used during some random parts of the prelims because the Star Build Strike was either trashed or being tuned up, I can't remember which.

Neither. It was used while Reiji was wounded and Sei had to take over, since Sei doesn't have the skill needed to use Star Build Strike.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
No, Sei was also fixing up the SBS on the side after it got torn up in the baseball match.

If you guys don't remember the progression, it was:

1: Build Strike introduced.
3: Full Package created, work on the mkII begins.
4: Build Strike FP damaged.
5: Build Strike FP repaired.
6: Build Strike FP destroyed, Sei reveals Build mkII
7: mkII damaged, Build Strike repaired.
8: mkII presumably repaired.
9: mkII used to help train Beargguy III, Star Build Strike created.
11: Absorb Shield is damaged.
13: SBS's baseball careers ends. Absorb Shield destroyed.
14: mkII used while SBS is repaired and Reiji recovers. SBS is slightly damaged again.
15: SBS completely totaled, Absorb Shield destroyed.
16: SBS repaired.
17: SBS slightly damaged. Oh, and Absorb Shield destroyed again.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 13, 2014

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

BlitzBlast posted:

No, Sei was also fixing up the SBS on the side after it got torn up in the baseball match.

If you guys don't remember the progression, it was:

1: Build Strike introduced.
3: Full Package created, work on the mkII begins.
4: Build Strike FP damaged.
5: Build Strike FP repaired.
6: Build Strike FP destroyed, Sei reveals Build mkII
7: mkII damaged, Build Strike repaired.
8: mkII presumably repaired.
9: mkII used to help train Beargguy III, Star Build Strike created.
11: Absorb Shield is damaged.
13: SBS's baseball careers ends. Absorb Shield destroyed.
14: mkII used while SBS is repaired and Reiji recovers. SBS is slightly damaged again.
15: SBS completely totaled, Absorb Shield destroyed.
16: SBS repaired.
17: SBS slightly damaged. Oh, and Absorb Shield destroyed again.

I know Sei said he had "a" spare but I get a feeling he's just been making spare absorb shields whenever he has some spare time from repairing the SBS or competing in the tournament.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Luminaflare posted:

I know Sei said he had "a" spare but I get a feeling he's just been making spare absorb shields whenever he has some spare time from repairing the SBS or competing in the tournament.

It follows the same logic as reloading in Trigun. If the camera's not on Sei, assume he's making more absorb shields for the SBS.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really hope they get to use the Absorb Shield again someday. Nils appears to have no beam weapons at all, and the Kampfer Amazing is full to the brim with solid weapons. So I guess maybe against Aila?

Apple Mummy
Oct 11, 2012

Maybe it could absorb the energy slashes Nils creates? Probably not.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I honestly kinda think the latest episode was Kampfer Amazing's last hurrah. Yuuki was pretty upset about how wrecked it was, so I could see the tech dude just replacing it to try to get Yuuki's head back in the game. Plus, the rival always gets more suit upgrades than the hero.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Meijin's gonna have to build his own gunpla or he will not be able to embrace the true spirit of gundam

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crowetron posted:

I honestly kinda think the latest episode was Kampfer Amazing's last hurrah. Yuuki was pretty upset about how wrecked it was, so I could see the tech dude just replacing it to try to get Yuuki's head back in the game. Plus, the rival always gets more suit upgrades than the hero.

It's possible but the Kampfer shows up in the OP fighting SBS and there's no other new mecha in the opening not accounted for besides Exia Dark Matter and Miss Sazabi and neither seem Yuuki's type.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Basically, I'm holding out hope for Zam Amazing

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I really hope they get to use the Absorb Shield again someday. Nils appears to have no beam weapons at all, and the Kampfer Amazing is full to the brim with solid weapons. So I guess maybe against Aila?

We still haven't seen the aquatic power and if we miss it I'm going to be upset.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Crowetron posted:

Grand Zam Amazing :getin:

Apple Mummy posted:

Maybe it could absorb the energy slashes Nils creates? Probably not.

Why not? The Shield Absorbs Plaskvy particles and it seems Nils beam slashes are just literally throwing the particles at people.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Why not? The Shield Absorbs Plaskvy particles and it seems Nils beam slashes are just literally throwing the particles at people.

It doesn't work on beam sabers and there's a pretty good chance that Nils slashes basically function as long-range beam sabers considering how we've seen them function.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It doesn't work on beam sabers and there's a pretty good chance that Nils slashes basically function as long-range beam sabers considering how we've seen them function.

But why doesn't it? Like all the weapon fire is just plaskvy particles dressed up, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

But why doesn't it? Like all the weapon fire is just plaskvy particles dressed up, right?

It's not explained but if it is like any other Gundam series, beam sabers just are concentrated enough to push through anti-beam defenses. Even things like Beam Boomerangs work. Sei doesn't have to follow canon but there's probably still rules he can't get around and we've seen the Absorb Shield follows at least that. (He also said the Satellite Cannon was too big for it to absorb IIRC.)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Roll for beam circumference.

Caros
May 14, 2008

muike posted:

Roll for beam circumference.

:golfclap:

Also, Ew.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It's not explained but if it is like any other Gundam series, beam sabers just are concentrated enough to push through anti-beam defenses. Even things like Beam Boomerangs work. Sei doesn't have to follow canon but there's probably still rules he can't get around and we've seen the Absorb Shield follows at least that. (He also said the Satellite Cannon was too big for it to absorb IIRC.)

Well I mean the Satellite Cannon thing I get. It's too much beam to absorb. They've shown the SBS has a limited storage capacity (at least they have a maximum) and Mao's beam probably would have just been too much to absorb

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Crowetron posted:

If Miss Sazabi didn't exist I'd have suggested Sazabi Amazing.

Imagine the number of guns you could fit on that giant chassis! :unsmigghh:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Turns out that Miss Sazabi is Meiji's next MS, gotta secure that marketing segment :shlick:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
He's probably just going to get the Kampfer repaired for now, and at some point in the future he'll end up using the Zaku Amazing after the Kampfer gets trashed/he drops the Meijin guise to fight against Sei and Reiji or something

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

They're gonna blow all our minds when the final battle is Star Build Fuunsaki versus Zakrello Amazing

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'd love if he put on sunglasses on top of his sunglasses and piloted the Amazing Shiki.

And then they translated it as Type Amazing.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
He seems to go for high-mobility types so he should get a red S Gundam [bst].

honestly I just want more excuses for the S Gundam to get animated

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Crowetron posted:

They're gonna blow all our minds when the final battle is Star Build Fuunsaki versus Zakrello Amazing

Coming soon: 1/144 HG Dendrobium Amazing weapon binder. :getin:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

muike posted:

He seems to go for high-mobility types so he should get a red S Gundam [bst].

Zudah Amazing. It's last-ditch attack is exploding at people while the booster escapes.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
If MSGO has taught me anything, it's that that tactic is perfectly valid.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Bloody Pom posted:

If Miss Sazabi didn't exist I'd have suggested Sazabi Amazing.

Imagine the number of guns you could fit on that giant chassis! :unsmigghh:

The obvious solution is Nightingale Amazing. :getin:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

In a stunning twist, Yuuki's final suit is a Destiny. :getin:

ImpAtom posted:

I really hope they get to use the Absorb Shield again someday.

It (and the SBS) seems to have already served its purpose in getting Sei and Reiji to the final rounds. Now everyone knows how it works, so it's pretty much useless. That's the drawback of gimmicks.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Turn Amazing :unsmigghh:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

In a stunning twist, Yuuki's final suit is a Destiny. :getin:
No. The twist is that his final suit is Gigantis. :kheldragar:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Yuuki trades suits with Reiji and Sei ala Heero and Zechs. Yuuki in the Star Build Strike vs Reiji in the Kampfer Amazing.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Gundam Build 00, Reiji in the 00, Sei in the 00 Raiser versus the Sinanju Amazing.

Trans-Am Quantum Naked time ending.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sorry man, no 00 S2 suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

muike posted:

He's probably just going to get the Kampfer repaired for now, and at some point in the future he'll end up using the Zaku Amazing after the Kampfer gets trashed/he drops the Meijin guise to fight against Sei and Reiji or something

Zaku Amazing would be trash next to the Star Build Strike though. I mean, Yuuki's a good builder, but he wasn't quite on Sei's level even back at the start of the show and Sei has improved a lot in the meantime. It would also make Allan useless if Yuuki were to build his own suit, rather than have Allan build him a new one. And while there's nothing the OP or ED to hint at a new suit, the new suits we've had from it so far have all been involved in filler episodes and not been nearly as evil as people assumed, so I can see them hiding the existence of one final upgrade for each from the OP personally. Maybe a Zaku III Amazing, a Sinanju Amazing or something?

tsob fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 14, 2014

• Locked thread