Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I don't care if it's a japanese only novel posted online that has to be fan translated, I need the payoff of Zero Escape 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I purchased a Vita used off Amazon and it has been great. Mobile Spelunky is wonderful. If you are going to use it during a commute, make sure you buy a :10bux: case. I had to purchase a second Vita after my first one had an accident in my bag :(

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Looks like Jeff's dream of haggling for prices on virtual Nintendo products has come true.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Acquiring Atlas I thought someone at Sega grew a brain, but then Year of Sonic happened. :bang:

Sega knows what their western audience really wants. Persona 5 in the west? Nah, spend all that localization money on more SONIC. :rice:

edit whoops misspelling

Popy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 13, 2014

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Popy posted:

Acquiring Atlas I thought someone at Sega grew a brain, but then Year of Sonic happened. :bang:

Sega knows what their western audience really wants. Personal 5 in the west? Nah, spend all that localization money on more SONIC. :rice:

Uhhh, yeah Sonic is being developed by a western dev thus needs no localization and is meant to accompany a television series of the same name. Persona 5 isn't even complete for Japanese consumers and there is no indication it will not be localized.

Lastly, what in the gently caress is a Doggone Ronpaul anime?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Captain Internet posted:

Lastly, what in the gently caress is a Doggone Ronpaul anime?

It's a skit show about the misadventures of Ron Paul's election trail. It was p. funny. Weird about it being an anime though.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Speaking of Vita buy TxK immediately. It's Jeff Minter's latest game (basically a sequel to Tempest 2000) and it is one of the best games for the Vita. It's even on sale!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Popy posted:

Sega knows what their western audience really wants. Persona 5 in the west? Nah, spend all that localization money on more SONIC. :rice:

edit whoops misspelling

Yes, because Sega can only do one thing. Some new Sonic spin-off franchise totally means that Persona 5 won't be localised. Makes total sense.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Vinny's the best at finding these royalty free songs. Most of them are legit awesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a good stream name.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Look at dem Tit...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That preshow music was fantastic. Titanfall looks like fun, all the good parts of Call of Duty without the stupid bullshit killstreaks. But now you get a giant robot and can wallrun with a jetpack!

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Manatee Cannon posted:

That preshow music was fantastic. Titanfall looks like fun, all the good parts of Call of Duty without the stupid bullshit killstreaks. But now you get a giant robot and can wallrun with a jetpack!

Death to killstreaks, long live bot killstreak

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
No good shotgun? No sale, sorry neo infinity ward

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The titan not being able to pluck off all of a guy's limbs is kind of a disappointment.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Matt is correct, it does look rubbish.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Holy Cheese posted:

Matt is correct, it does look rubbish.
That's not what he said though, he said it looked good but not spectacular (probably worse than BF4).

Which is true, unlike what you said.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I don't get why everything is so washed out. Even the reds and blues in the HUD are really muted.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

As great as Titanfall could be, I'm still a little disappointed that we won't see mech on mech action on the same scale as BF :(

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

This looks fun, but I couldn't justify spending $60 on this (assuming it's $60 on PC).

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Titanfall looks really rad.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, this looks fun, which is more than I can say for most of the next gen stuff I've seen. This is coming from someone who does not like CoD that much. I love the speed of it. Makes me regret that I won't be buying the Bone.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Titanfall isn't doing much for me but I'm kinda burned out on small team, serious military style shooters.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Another Person posted:

Yeah, this looks fun, which is more than I can say for most of the next gen stuff I've seen. This is coming from someone who does not like CoD that much. I love the speed of it. Makes me regret that I won't be buying the Bone.

If you're on a desktop PC and bought/built it in the last 3 years I doubt you'd have any trouble running it.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

cronox2 posted:

If you're on a desktop PC and bought/built it in the last 3 years I doubt you'd have any trouble running it.

I am not.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
^^^ buy a PS4 and enjoy ^^^

RoadCrewWorker posted:

That's not what he said though, he said it looked good but not spectacular (probably worse than BF4).

Which is true, unlike what you said.

I was waiting for that.

That's why I said it. :laugh:

It just looks washed out to me. Are the textures still at 25% resolution?

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 14, 2014

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

Swagger Dagger posted:

Titanfall isn't doing much for me but I'm kinda burned out on small team, serious military style shooters.

It's weird that "serious military style shooter" still feels applicable to a game with giant robots.

The game looks decent, but they really haven't captured the things I generally associate with mechs: crazy speed, or crazy destructive power. Either way, they're usually pretty crazy. Titans are very subdued. They really just seem like bigger dudes designed to fight other big dudes.

Balancing giant robots against normal dudes misses the point of what I find cool about giant robots.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Looks like a pretty standard first person shooter. I can see titans being insanely overpowered or hilariously lovely. Balancing those things will be something. I'll probably pick it up on the PC when it's cheap (it's Activision so probably 5 or 6 years).

Oh yeah. Activision was Desinty. Is the PC version using Origin then?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Jimbot posted:

Looks like a pretty standard first person shooter. I can see titans being insanely overpowered or hilariously lovely. Balancing those things will be something. I'll probably pick it up on the PC when it's cheap (it's Activision so probably 5 or 6 years).

It's EA so be ready for that Origin experience.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Arstan posted:

It's weird that "serious military style shooter" still feels applicable to a game with giant robots.

The game looks decent, but they really haven't captured the things I generally associate with mechs: crazy speed, or crazy destructive power. Either way, they're usually pretty crazy. Titans are very subdued. They really just seem like bigger dudes designed to fight other big dudes.

Balancing giant robots against normal dudes misses the point of what I find cool about giant robots.

Yeah, I guess I mean more that it takes itself really seriously, not in the sense that something like Arma is serious.

It's why I'd be more likely to try something like Loadout, aside from it being free. I'd rather play a goofier game.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Arstan posted:

and is it just me or do the giant robots look a bit small? Might just be my lovely eyesight but a couple of times I didn't even realise that there was a Titan on the screen.

I do like the dropship thing for the losing team though.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I love how Rorie is the embodiment of the "not getting the hype" mentality during this.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
It looks like the Titans would be put to greater strategic use on attacking humans, rather than other titans. Titan vs. Human is amazingly uneven looking, where Titan attacks can trash them in seconds, whereas Titan vs Titan they are on equal footing.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

Yeah, I guess I mean more that it takes itself really seriously, not in the sense that something like Arma is serious.

It's why I'd be more likely to try something like Loadout, aside from it being free. I'd rather play a goofier game.

I don't know, aside from the whole "they're NOT mechs :colbert:" thing, this looks pretty goofy to me. Or at least not concerned with realism over a supposed fun factor.

I'm not super interested in this game, but I don't see how it takes itself too seriously. I guess the campaign could still be up its own rear end.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Jeff's joke about closing his eyes and not opening them applies more than anything to this game.

At least the console-market-inspired era of First Person Shooters is slowly realizing mobility is fun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. It's beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlxbi1wszWk

Also, Remo died in the most glorious way in today's daily: jumps on a bomb frog, then realizes he needs to get out of dodge, then a blue frog knocks him back down onto the bomb frog, and he's like "NOPE NOPE NOPE" and climbs back up only for the blue frog to knock him back down again right as the bomb frog explodes and kills him.

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
I never realized how psychopathic Jeff's gaming face is.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Holy Cheese posted:

^^^ buy a PS4 and enjoy ^^^

$500 for one game. :stare:

I dunno, my PC can handle it for sure, and it looks ok, even though I hate multiplayer. But $60? Nah.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

IRQ posted:

$500 for one game. :stare:

I dunno, my PC can handle it for sure, and it looks ok, even though I hate multiplayer. But $60? Nah.

It isn't on PS4, hah.

This looks miiiiiles better on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Oh wait I was thinking of Destiny. My bad. You know that game that looks better? :laugh:

• Locked thread