Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Melbourne are going to struggle to kick a score with so many of our talls out but Richmond are no Hawthorn.

E:and I think we are only running one draftee and one new rookie so not sure where the idea that we have selected young is coming from :confused:

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Richmond are pretty good downhill skiers

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I think it entirely depends on what Melbourne turns up tonight. If Melbourne are ready to put in a four quarter effort then I don't think Richmond has the abilty to blow them away without riewoldt or maric. If it's the melbourne that turned up in rounds one and two last year then yeah, the auckland under 12 girls netball team could flog them.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

hiddenmovement posted:

Richmond are pretty good downhill skiers

But Melbourne is a pretty good downhill slope.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Nutsngum posted:

But Melbourne is a pretty good downhill slope.

Double black diamond in fact.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Gough Suppressant posted:

I think it entirely depends on what Melbourne turns up tonight. If Melbourne are ready to put in a four quarter effort then I don't think Richmond has the abilty to blow them away without riewoldt or maric. If it's the melbourne that turned up in rounds one and two last year then yeah, the auckland under 12 girls netball team could flog them.

previous Paul roos teams haven't ever done well during preseason games so there's also that

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
My mate said he's going to put money on the Lions for the spoon after last night, hope he puts heaps on it.

Can't read too much into the game tonight but hopefully Melbourne look a bit better (or still awful, either works).

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

previous Paul roos teams haven't ever done well during preseason games so there's also that

Thats true, from memory hes on record saying that he doesnt count it for poo poo so he will just use it as part of the preseason as he sees fit. I wouldn't be surprised if he altered that stance this year though as I don't think he would see the group getting smashed yet again as a good way to start things off.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Good start :thumbsup:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
God shut up Brereton you tool

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Spends all offseason bolstering the midfield
Still picks Jordie McKenzie

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Anyone got a stream?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

Anyone got a stream?

http://lag10.com/channel2

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
That was a less than horendous quarter, we probably had the better of general play for a fair chunk of the quarter.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Jake spencer is an afl footballer

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Cam pederson is literally a super goal kicker

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

id really like to see howe get a 50 goal season in at some point

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
The Demons look extremely different in playstyle from last years iteration which is definitely a plus. Pretty impressive so far really.

Howe is a Good Forward.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

id really like to see howe get a 50 goal season in at some point

Doubt it will happen with him being the tertiary target in a healthy forward line. His kicking has gotten a lot better in the last two years though.

Edit: cant really complain with being one goal down at half time. If we hold up this level for the second half rather than our trademark brainfade I'll be pretty pleased by the night. The non-score stats are a lot better too. Actually winning possessions, what the gently caress?

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Feb 14, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
In what universe is that a free against cross?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

Doubt it will happen with him being the tertiary target in a healthy forward line. His kicking has gotten a lot better in the last two years though.

Edit: cant really complain with being one goal down at half time. If we hold up this level for the second half rather than our trademark brainfade I'll be pretty pleased by the night. The non-score stats are a lot better too. Actually winning possessions, what the gently caress?

im listening to the radio and it sounds like theyre attacking the corridor a lot more, its almost like theyre going back to the bailey plan in a way

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So is Melbourne playing far better than they did last year or is Richmond still very rusty?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Testekill posted:

So is Melbourne playing far better than they did last year or is Richmond still very rusty?

Both

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Melbourne actually look like a football club.

alr
May 14, 2009

realbez posted:

Melbourne actually look like a football club.

Was about to post this, just tuned into the stream for the third and aside from a few rookie errors/mishandles etc they're looking better than we are

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
If you get run down in a tackle by someone who looks like Spencer it should be a free goal.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gonna make a wild stab in the dark and say that picking up bernie vince was a good idea

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This kid down forward ain't half bad either.
Melbourne look like they're going to win.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo the crowd goes wild

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

mel...bourne... win... foo.. tball?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Oh we're from Tigerland.......

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I need a cold shower

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"A few-hundred thousand" more members for Melbourne.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Hahahah that kick "to" Kennedy-Harris

Xarb
Nov 26, 2000

Not happy.
Disposals
Dees: 445
Tigers: 262
:stare:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

hiddenmovement posted:

Oh we're from Tigerland.......

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Meow.

Richmond skied that slope like a Sochi event... right into a pile of stray dogs.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

God we are not going to hear the end of this from the Melbourne supporters until their next match :rolleyes:

:v:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

laugh all you want but i remember geelong pre 2007 so shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Good ol' Richmond, always helping the weaker Melbourne sides to feel a bit better about themselves at the start of the year :unsmith:

• Locked thread