Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

I remember using a mod that gave the mark/recall spells 12 slots. Can't find it now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

multimark

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

hailthefish posted:

The 'there's a secret race of drow blah blah blah blah blah' ones just make me roll my eyes right out of my head.

So you don't care for the Falmer either then?

hailthefish posted:

Would have broken the closed off cities.

Which is funny, because it didn't break Mournhold, and levitating over the walls was sufficiently embedded in the lore that "Anti-intrusion magic" would have been not out of place. What it would have broken were all the floor traps and oblivion realms by letting you skip most of the huge gently caress-off gates, the massive lava river detours, and most of the enemies outside and especially in the towers. Here: fight your way past 30 of the same lame enemy with the same lame equipment drops in every loving Oblivion Tower you go in! Toggle CoLlision is your friend!

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Feb 14, 2014

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=4091 was the closest i ever got to playing daggerfall. i tried to play arena but its garbage and daggerfall looks just as bad

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

My Q-Face posted:

So you don't care for the Falmer either then?

Which is funny, because it didn't break Mournhold, and levitating over the walls was sufficiently embedded in the lore that "Anti-intrusion magic" would have been not out of place. What it would have broken were all the floor traps and oblivion realms by letting you skip most of the huge gently caress-off gates, the massive lava river detours, and most of the enemies outside and especially in the towers. Here: fight your way past 30 of the same lame enemy with the same lame equipment drops in every loving Oblivion Tower you go in! Toggle CoLlision is your friend!

You can't levitate in Mournhold, either.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

daggerfall actually had functioning courts where you could actively bullshit your way out of going to jail

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

hailthefish posted:

You can't levitate in Mournhold, either.

I never went back and did tribunal after the first time I beat it way back when,so it's been a decade plus, but I thought they just did the "you can't go that way" if you tried to fly up near the walls?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Minesweep posted:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=4091 was the closest i ever got to playing daggerfall. i tried to play arena but its garbage and daggerfall looks just as bad

I'm kind of looking forward to DaggerXL (The Daggerfall remake), it seems like it could be a fun game if it got some heavy modding to make the quests and dungeons less terrible. It's definitely aged badly though, it's no System Shock :shobon:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Daggerfall also had an enemy that could kill you really easily and was immune to your attacks in the very first dungeon unless you picked a specific option during character generation and the worst part is, encountering this guy is mandatory if you want to exit the dungeon.

What I'm saying is that Daggerfall is not a very good game and the spergs who claim its the best in the series are wrong.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I got through the first dungeon in Daggerfall without trouble (I think I started with an ebony blade somehow), travelled a million miles to get to the nearest town, arrived at night and was locked out and got destroyed by monsters. Second time round, I got into the town just before nightfall, was wandering around checking out people's houses and the crazy naked temple chicks, sun sets, and it turns out a loving ghost hounds you around the place with no warning if you're out after curfew and kills you. You have to respect that level of dedication to loving over new players.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

VENGEEEEAAAAAANCE seriously made me poo poo myself when i first played

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Saw some guys on 4chan working on an unofficial pen-and-paper version of The Elder Scrolls. Wondering how it'll go. Can't be worse than FATAL, at least.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
They're not going to get very far publishing wise, because that's a pretty straight trademark problem.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:siren: Landfall in 3 minutes! http://c0da.es/

e: aaand the site went down because of the heavy load.

Prism Mirror Lens fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 14, 2014

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Which Morrowind xpac was better

I want to say Bloodmoon because the new island was actually p massive and had loads to explore, but Mournhold had endless sewers and fabulous pink ordinator armour

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

"THE UR IS RIGHT! THE INFO-FOAM IS READING ALMALEXIA'S MANIPULATION AND FORMING COUNTER-RESPONSE SEX-AGGRESSION BREAKBEAT HORNET-SHAPED HOMING MISSILES OUT OF COUNTLESS GANGSTA RAP MUSIC VIDEOS! THIS MIGHT GET UGLY!"

What in the holy fuckness am I reading :psypop:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

still at work and going to the pub right after. gonna read c0da tonight when ridiculously drunk and drop all pretense of being a well-adjusted human being. GET YOUR WATER FACES ON KIDS :catdrugs:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

is this what being schizophrenic is like?

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

I scrolled down to a random point cause I don't have time to read it right now and there are people with television sets for heads. I'm expecting the Morrowind mod to make this reality any day now.

don't give a gently caress as long as Vivec's in it though

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I scrolled down to a random point cause I don't have time to read it right now and there are people with television sets for heads. I'm expecting the Morrowind mod to make this reality any day now.

don't give a gently caress as long as Vivec's in it though

That part was like reading a campy Superman comic; for Christ's sake, Vivec had a photojournalist sidekick in that part.

EDIT: I have no idea what just happened. The first part, with that one guy and his House Hlaalu buddy gearing up to fight Numidium was neat. Weird, but lucid. But now I'm reading things like

quote:

"A creeper shot of Arkicide Demonicus, Daedric Fresh Printz of Bad Press looks both Sardy above and Vivec below, cuz 2 eyes suddenly."
and I'm wondering if MK is huffing the world's largest amount of hallucinogens or just shat this out in a day because he didn't finish the comic in time for Valentine's Day. I'm enjoying myself, but I'm so loving confused.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 14, 2014

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Holy crap what am I reading.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

people with television sets for heads

SunAndSpring posted:

for Christ's sake, Vivec had a photojournalist sidekick in that part.

So he's just ripping on Epic and Zybourne Clock at this point.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i want to see this made into a game so, so badly

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Jubal sitting at the same table across from a Hist Tree. It's wrapped itself all over its seat, its upper trunk and branches leaning down to not upset the ceiling. Tiny lizards and geckos crawl all over it.

TEXT UPPER LEFT (FONT DIFF)

Later.
JUBAL-LUN-SUL

Just a guess, Hist, but I'm betting you don't give a poo poo.
JUBAL-LUN-SUL (CONT'D)

Okay, then listen to me. You're not the Dwemer. I can probably safely say no one knows what you are.
JUBAL-LUN-SUL (CONT'D)

But the fact that you sent a loving tree to my bachelor party says you're listening. I won't forget that.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Why are Vivec, Dagoth-Ur, and Molag Bal teaming up to fight television? I feel like I'm sifting through a 14-year old's fanfiction and finding tiny bits of lore here and there

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So does MK act like this daily?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfX-CMsftWI

Duh.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

he got fired for it so presumably

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I'm thinking about trying nehrim but what about it makes it actually good and worth putting Oblivion on my hard drive

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

gggiiimmmppp posted:

After looting the redoran vault I am off for the first time in more than a decade to find the mudcrab

I seriously have re-installed this game more than once simply so I could find the mudcrab merchant and I've still never been able to do it.

I may need to reinstall this, once I get some free time...

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Zeniel posted:

I seriously have re-installed this game more than once simply so I could find the mudcrab merchant and I've still never been able to do it.

I may need to reinstall this, once I get some free time...

i had to use a functioning morrowind google maps to find him. once you know where he is its not too bad. finding him for the first time is a pain

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

i had to use a functioning morrowind google maps to find him. once you know where he is its not too bad. finding him for the first time is a pain

I remember the first time I went looking for the mudcrab it turned out I'd murdered him at some point for being a mudcrab so I had to load up the TES construction set and add another mudcrab to that island.

Also I took some more MO screens while I was in vivec

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I remember the first time I went looking for the mudcrab it turned out I'd murdered him at some point for being a mudcrab so I had to load up the TES construction set and add another mudcrab to that island.

Also I took some more MO screens while I was in vivec

So pretty

I unfortunately had to choose between shaders and distant land because my laptop cannot handle both at more than 20 FPS, so I turned off shaders. Once I get enough money I'm prolly gonna build a modest desktop mostly just for Morrowind.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Reinstalling this game, thanks thread. Should I just install morrowind overhaul and be done? Or is there a better list somewhere.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Flaggy posted:

Reinstalling this game, thanks thread. Should I just install morrowind overhaul and be done? Or is there a better list somewhere.

If you have the patience to manually install every mod, Knots's guide will give you better results.

e: Also, for the lore guys, here's an explanation (kind of) of what the gently caress is going on in C0DA. Numidium returns to destroy Nirn after the Thalmor succeed in destroying mankind (save for the Bretons). All the other races gently caress off to one of the moons, Masser. A guy descended from the first person born on the moon after this poo poo happened decides to marry into the royal house of the Dunmer. His bride accepts, but it turns out that he has to go down to Nirn and destroy Numidium to do so. He briefly reminisces about his ancestor, Alandro Sul and explains the origins of Vivec, Sotha Sil, and Almalexia via showing you what amounts to a kids show in the universe.

He talks to Talos, Akatosh, and Lorkhan, who are revealed to all be the same exact person. Akatosh is mentioned to be caged inside of the gaping hole where Lorkhan's heart should be, and Talos is bummed out that mankind is dead. He's also apparently the operating system (TalOS) for Nirn. So the guy goes to Numidium, calls it a childish being that exists only to gently caress things up, and then destroys it. He goes back to his homeland and marries his bride, who is revealed to be Vivec in female form. They gently caress, and it is stated that their new child is the next Godhead of the next universe.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 14, 2014

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

SunAndSpring posted:

If you have the patience to manually install every mod, Knots's guide will give you better results.

If I don't have the patience, I really don't, is the overhaul fine?

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ flaggy's sig is a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Flaggy posted:

If I don't have the patience, I really don't, is the overhaul fine?

Well it took me reconfiguring overhaul like 10 times to finally get settings that both looked good and played at a respectable FPS, so I think this probably depends on your PC. If you have a fuckoff gamer rig it'll serve you fine, whereas in my case it would have taken far less time to just do it myself.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

MO also has the benefit of being 1 torrent that will download really fast without having to download anything individually from nexus

Cannot Find Server posted:

Well it took me reconfiguring overhaul like 10 times to finally get settings that both looked good and played at a respectable FPS, so I think this probably depends on your PC. If you have a fuckoff gamer rig it'll serve you fine, whereas in my case it would have taken far less time to just do it myself.

MO holds your dick through all of the performance tuning. Having previously been through the reconfiguring-10-times procedure I don't think I'd never not just go with MO at this point.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 14, 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Also, apparently Numidium, the giant Dwemer robot that breaks time, fights not by beating people up, but by arguing them and the laws of physics around them to death. Appropriate for a race of atheists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

It reminds me of vintage Grant Morrison

• Locked thread