Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

Where was this said?

Who exactly said this? Who.

Do you mean the size class is dead or the Generations line is dead?

It's just the last wave getting skipped by the retailers, Generations is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Hahaha oh god :suicide: I was looking forwards to getting Swerve. Just called the store that specializes in this sort of thing, apparently the guy who does know his way around ordering TF toys went on a three month paternity leave, and all the other staff in the store don't knows if it is possible to order Cosmos/Swerve at all since their usual ordering sites do not have them listed.

There are so many Skids and Goldbugs and Trailcutter and a Waspinator or two at the store but I'm probably never going to see Swerve.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Son of a loving bitch, Cosmos is truly the linekiller. Guess it's ebay o'clock :negative:

edit: I suppose this means there's no hope for Tailgate either.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

The Taint Reaper posted:

Where was this said?
Who exactly said this? Who.

If I was going to name them, I'd have done so. By the way, why the name change, Verai? Was it because of the bad games rep or the pony obsession?
Edit: That sounds harsher than I really intend, but I am actually curious if it was one of those or some other reason.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 14, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Some time ago there was a totes whacky GBS thread where you could post and your name got changed to something lolrandom so I figure it's that.

I know it's from the investor event so they have to paint a good picture, but I'm kinda glad they feel the TF brand did pretty good for a non-movie year and apparently the Hub is doing "extremely well" (I don't have the channel but it's nice that they're not losing money there)

I have dumb hope that someday, Hasbro will bring anything generations-related to my country again, instead of whatever the "main line" is at the moment. Some day.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Is it possible to buy a non-KO masterpiece Ravage and Rumble. I get the impression every listing coming off from China is indeed a KO, regardless of the price difference.

Some stuff I got
Electric boogaloo Knockout at a discount, can't miss it

Cracked glass Kup, why not. With the custom head he pulls it off nice

Remember the scout class? Boy do I miss it

Found this fella new in an import shop for a tenner. Couldn't say no

And finally, the best thing I currently own

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

If I was going to name them, I'd have done so. By the way, why the name change, Verai? Was it because of the bad games rep or the pony obsession?
Edit: That sounds harsher than I really intend, but I am actually curious if it was one of those or some other reason.

Probably the fact that his enormous wall of anime got mentioned anywhere he posted other than this thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ka0 posted:

And finally, the best thing I currently own

Are you leaving yours sealed as well in case of massive value spike?

I really regret returning that second one.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Speaking of MP-10, here's the KO pictures I was talking about :

But apparently these were just the unpainted prototype, so its not as bad as was first assumed

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SpikeMcclane posted:

I think your princess is in another castle.

My name got changed from WendigoJohnson to Taintreaper in the GBS thread, that part is correct. But I only got probated for ponies once in C/D because I wanted to be funny, so I wouldn't call it an obsession/bad rep.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Speaking of MP-10, here's the KO pictures I was talking about :

But apparently these were just the unpainted prototype, so its not as bad as was first assumed

I'm gonna want to see them side by side.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna want to see them side by side.

Yeah, at $100, its better than the after-market prices of the original, considering I paid $110 for the original, I don't think I can buy a KO at that same price.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Rage posted:

Yeah, at $100, its better than the after-market prices of the original, considering I paid $110 for the original, I don't think I can buy a KO at that same price.

If the reviews are good, I don't think $100 is a bad price. If you don't have MP Prime already, it's certainly a better option than paying aftermarket prices for the original. Does it include the trailer and Roller?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Apparently the KO is a bit loose (though they said they're working on it) and they have a new head? I read something about adding lightpiping.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

The Taint Reaper posted:

I think your princess is in another castle.

My name got changed from WendigoJohnson to Taintreaper in the GBS thread, that part is correct. But I only got probated for ponies once in C/D because I wanted to be funny, so I wouldn't call it an obsession/bad rep.

My apologies for confusing you for him. I knew there was a name change, but didn't look back very hard trying to figure it out.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Rhyno posted:

Are you leaving yours sealed as well in case of massive value spike?

I really regret returning that second one.

I'm playing with it as I type this. I am a grown-rear end man playing with toys.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

If the reviews are good, I don't think $100 is a bad price. If you don't have MP Prime already, it's certainly a better option than paying aftermarket prices for the original. Does it include the trailer and Roller?

No, just Prime.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

No, just Prime.

I will pay $100 for the black version that is bound to come along pretty soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

$100 for just Prime, a knockoff no less, is nuts.

Ka0 posted:

I'm playing with it as I type this. I am a grown-rear end man playing with toys.

drat you. I really want to open it but man, he's so valuable right now.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

drat you. I really want to open it but man, he's so valuable right now.

But really, are you going to sell it right now? He's the perfect Prime for all the current and future MP releases, so unless you're gonna flip it now at its height, might as well open it and put his hand on Sideswipes shoulder, very father like.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Wow that looks great! Is she actually that big?

It has never been better to be a TF fan. This is the best line since Classics, the fiction is incredible (and not just by TF fiction standards), and MPs just keep rolling out. I hate Hasbro rear end kissing as much as pointless Hasbro bashing, but man they are loving killing it lately.

The new movie will assuredly suck, as will the toys, but who cares at this point. Anything good that comes out of that toy line will be icing on the cake at this point.

Rhyno posted:

I was thinking it included the extras.

catch22 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 14, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pictures from Toy Fair, I really hope those aren't deluxes after Grimlock.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\/\ Are those faces on their chests?

catch22 posted:

Wow that looks great! Is she actually that big?

That looks like a bigger, modded Prime Arcee to me.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 14, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
That samuraibot's face is weirding me out. Grimlock has cute little cat ears.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
That Windblade is not to scale. She's a deluxe and Jetfire is a leader class.

All those 1 step transformation toys are for the line aimed at kids ages 3-7. There's also an adult focused line, and apparently they've pretty much given up on ages 10-17. (I don't think the demographic numbers made it onto a slide, but I only skimmed through them). Assuming that Grimlock is the "Stomp and Chomp," I think it's got the 1-step gimmick too, just huge. It ends up being kind of good and kind of bad for us: they've not got as many kids into the toys now, so they're trying to grab onto the young'uns. The flip side is that the collectors are now a bigger share of the audience than a few years ago, so they see a need to cater to us a bit more than before.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Haha look at Drifto-san's robo-goatee.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SpikeMcclane posted:

That Windblade is not to scale. She's a deluxe and Jetfire is a leader class.

All those 1 step transformation toys are for the line aimed at kids ages 3-7. There's also an adult focused line, and apparently they've pretty much given up on ages 10-17. (I don't think the demographic numbers made it onto a slide, but I only skimmed through them). Assuming that Grimlock is the "Stomp and Chomp," I think it's got the 1-step gimmick too, just huge. It ends up being kind of good and kind of bad for us: they've not got as many kids into the toys now, so they're trying to grab onto the young'uns. The flip side is that the collectors are now a bigger share of the audience than a few years ago, so they see a need to cater to us a bit more than before.

I read somewhere recently that teenagers are now into video games instead of toys, leading to decreased sales of toys overall.

We can safely assume they are the line for young kids when the simple transformation is featured on the front of the packaging.

The Rage posted:

Is this a voyager? I don't think it looks bad or too simplified, but I need to see the back to be sure. I love the huge feet and samurai aesthetics.

I like the new character designs, really.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Why is MP Soundwave a key product for 2014?

Yes hello what is this please tell me wh

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

Is this a voyager? I don't think it looks bad or too simplified, but I need to see the back to be sure. I love the huge feet and samurai aesthetics.

I like the new character designs, really.

The price point for it is said to be $80, so I it's either the giant-sized entry in the 1-step line shown in all those pictures or...it's the Leader Class. :munch:

Edit: Yeah, it's Chomp N Stomp Grimlock, so the Leader toy is yet to be shown. Fingers crossed.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 14, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They look like McDonalds toys. Like even grimlock looks almost like the Transmetals Dinobot from McDonalds.

Lockdown looks like robot Vin diesel if he wasn't already a robot in the iron giant.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 14, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Rage posted:

Can't help but notice that Stinger there is almost identical to Bumblebee with his battle mask down. Cliffjumper-style redeco or a disguise/alias used by Bumblebee at some point in the film?

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Now I understand why no pre-orders ever came up for Cosmos, Swerve, and Tailgate on BBTS. This is Windcharger all over again times 3. Cosmos really is the line killer. Guess the decision to buy the third party Swerve and Gears set has just been made for me.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Those robot portraits are giving me Beast Machines flashbacks.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Those robot portraits are giving me Beast Machines flashbacks.

Now that you mention it, Lockdown does have a very BM Primal-esque look to him in the face.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Arsenal_12 posted:

Now I understand why no pre-orders ever came up for Cosmos, Swerve, and Tailgate on BBTS. This is Windcharger all over again times 3. Cosmos really is the line killer. Guess the decision to buy the third party Swerve and Gears set has just been made for me.

But Gears was still in the listings along with a bunch of other legends guys.

Maybe they'll release the unreleased ones in like a Multipack or something? The Legends size class was really getting up to speed and it was cut so short. We're probably not going to see the other two at this point and it's a real shame. Then again they didn't release the remaining RTS scouts in any form, so it's probably the same situation.

*edit*
Wait all may not be lost for unreleased figures, this looks promising:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...riences-179290/

Hello 3D printable model sprues and replacement parts.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 15, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

Now that you mention it, Lockdown does have a very BM Primal-esque look to him in the face.

There's something Nightscream-esque about Drift too though. I think it's the color palate and overly human features.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

The simplification for kids is fine, but dear God they're all so ugly. Bay's designs mixed with very basic sculpting and paint apps are not a good thing.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Man they are doing some serious drugs if they think that Grimlock is gonna sell at $80.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Boy am I glad I decided to import Swerve two weeks ago. With shipping it was only $12USD more than buying at retail price. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the mainstream Transformer fandom got wind of the cosmos swerve debacle. It's like someone set of a series of bombs at any of the boards.

At least we'll still have deluxes voyager and leaders. It kinda blow though, unless Transformers Platinum gets a legends multipack or some poo poo with all of them there. I liked those little legends guys because they were a perfect size and all with their target masters.

Skrapnel and tailgate were not put into production at all it seems. So it's unknown if even there will be a Japanese release.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 15, 2014