Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Zybourne Clock posted:

5N+V. Humble yourself, be honest about it, and apologize to Ishamal.

Yeah, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Ish is so old he doesn't remember what it was like to be in that adolescent 'no one takes me seriously' phase.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Watuhboy posted:

Ish is so old he doesn't remember what it was like to be in that adolescent 'no one takes me seriously' phase.

When I was your age, I always did everything that anyone even the least bit older than me told me to do, no questions asked.
It's a scientific fact that older people have never been wrong about anything in the history of ever. It's you drat kids who keep screwing everything up.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
V. Ascend Mt. Har and get the answers that we apparently need so badly that we're willing to ignore ancient heroes and angels.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Voting N.

Also voting NOT to apologize to Ishmael. He may be upset, but he was still insane to ask an 18 year old to be sterilized the day before his wedding and providing no basically information as to why.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

There are some weird shifts in Ishamal's positions. Consider: "How well informed is Tudiya?"

Ishamal Today posted:

Do you think yourself wiser than he? Do you think, boy, that because you have seen odd things in your life, that Tudiya, the man who saved you from Athar, fed you, clothed you, taught you and joined you to his line a fool in his faith? That all the teachings of El's temples lies? That Tudiya is a deluded simpleton? That all who have done great deeds in his name fools and only YOU know the secret truth because you have seen odd things you do not understand?"

Ishamal Yesterday posted:

"Your children are a far more grave threat than other threats. If you think they would all be wise, what of their sons and theirs? It does not matter. Your descendants will not rid the world of demons. Tudiya's fears are not misplaced but they are wrong, he does not have all the information."

quote:

How much of the truth does Tudiya know?

"More than you do, far less than he thinks. He is a good man."

Tudiya got a lot more informed in 24 hours.

Then, does El answer prayers:

Ishamal Today posted:

"You cried out to El in that cave boy and his son has answered you in your dreams. The dream was true. Smythos has delivered a message to you."

quote:

"If you've been in my head, you know that I didn't use my own power. I called out to El. He answered. How can you say his choice was a wrong one?"
Ishamal is quiet for a long moment and then says. "It is not my place to interfere between any man and his god. What was done in that cave, you did. You might also have killed all of your men or done far, far worse."

Yesterday he had the fully heretical position that we were the person who caused an El-miracle. But now he's implying that El heard and sent his son in response? We were a world-breaker who answered our own prayer to EL. But today how dare we construct fantasies of power.

--------------

I'm pretty much fully Team Storm-warning at this point. That's the power that I'd have faith in.

The visions told us to prepare. I think that means he wants us to use our judgements. I'm fine taking advice from wiser people. But Ishamal's asking for blind, unquestioning trust. Long-term, that seems to go against the Storm-Power's plan.

Plus, I actively dislike Smythos at this point. He watches. And his dream is that he'll watch the earth burn until every living thing has died. Then he'll bother to intervene. If so, screw him.

My vote is:
L. Yes. You are lying.

Ishamal's powerful enough to force us to bend a knee. But force doesn't get loyalty. Or trust. And I don't think he's anywhere near powerful enough to countermand the storm-voice.

But, I'd also like to Ask: "You watched our memories in the cave. Did you see what happened as everything went dark?"

If he saw our death, I'll be willing to upgrade my vote to 'unsure'. But, right now, I suspect we got a direct intervention from El / The Storm Power. And I'm almost certain that this intervention was hidden from Ishamal.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Also voting NOT to apologize to Ishmael. He may be upset, but he was still insane to ask an 18 year old to be sterilized the day before his wedding and providing no basically information as to why.

I would like to vote this as well, for exactly the same reason.

Smattas can have us humbled, but I think Enkidel would still be pretty upset that his mentor figure pulled this poo poo the night before his wedding.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Zybourne Clock posted:

This is a good plan. Angry Ishamal is Scary Ishamal.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Task Manager posted:

Smattas can have us humbled, but I think Enkidel would still be pretty upset that his mentor figure pulled this poo poo the night before his wedding.

Yeah. Ishamal's reaction seems weird to me.

Yesterday, there were Dire Warnings. But there were a bunch of options of varying quality. I think a roughly-even split was shockingly reasonable, given the suddenness of the demand. And, when we left things, we were going to go get a second opinion.

Then we got a dream. Ishamal might know Smattas sent it. But for all we knew, it could have come from any number of sources. If we were supposed to take dreams at face value, Bareen could have had us years ago.

And now he's coming out of the gate angry. He's doing a hard-sell and suddenly being way more explicit about theology than he ever has been in the past.

I'm betting that we weren't the only one who got a vision. I think Ishamal got a sending, too. He's on edge because he's closet to us, and a higher-up told him to Fix The Problem Now.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Task Manager posted:

Yah, voting this. gently caress this cryptic bullshit, we'll listen to ol' Smatty if he just tells us what the gently caress is going on.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

falcon2424 posted:

Plus, I actively dislike Smythos at this point. He watches. And his dream is that he'll watch the earth burn until every living thing has died. Then he'll bother to intervene. If so, screw him.

Smythos was never the world's protector, that was not his job and his position. He is Law and Order incarnate and acts swiftly against those who break El's law but the the vision that we saw was beyond him to act. Or heck, maybe he was up in heaven battling Asherah while the world burned below, to busy with saving heaven and everything else to handle slaying all the Foes.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Zybourne Clock posted:

Voting this. I also previously voted to zap our nuts .

Once again, we are shown that every vote counts. Even if a vote option does not win, any leading vote options will be interpreted by Diog's as indecisiveness or seriously considered options. Oh goons... Our votes are turning Enkidel into a Schizophrenic super man. He loves Naomi, but wants to eat her heart. He wants to zap his nuts to spare himself and others misery, but he also wants to tell Smatass to gently caress off.

Normally, our schizophrenia does not matter. Most cannot see our mental dialogue. But when dealing with those that can see our intentions and mental strife, such as Ishamal, El, and the Melachim, our intentions do matter. El responded to our call for aid in the battle against the demon because of the overwhelming vote to do so. If the vote had not been nearly unanimous, then El would not have granted us power. He may have saved our men another way, maybe through our priest friend, but not through Enkidel.

I suggest people consider the implications of their votes in a game with all knowing judging beings and supermen. For now, I think we need a strong vote for apologizing to Ishamal and agree to be neutered.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
5. You say...
N. Yes. You are not lying.

I'm also changing my vote to agree to being sterilized.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

falcon2424 posted:

My vote is:
L. Yes. You are lying.

Ishamal's powerful enough to force us to bend a knee. But force doesn't get loyalty. Or trust. And I don't think he's anywhere near powerful enough to countermand the storm-voice.

Yep. I like your moxie. L.

Also, considering multiple sides of things and being conflicted is not schizophrenia. It is how people think about stuff. Especially considering the disconnect between the bullshit we're asked to swallow and the trust we had for the person feeding us said bullshit.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

falcon2424 posted:

Azzazel made it very clear to Enkidel that the Melachim are not going to let him reproduce. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Melachim made the world by El's orders, and do the necessary maintenance to keep things going smoothly. The Melachim have always shown themselves happy to aide Enkidel, if you recall the many times he should have died but didn't due to Xuriel's intervention. They haven't zapped his genitals yet because Enkidel isn't an animal, and should make that decision by himself. But you should not think they will ever let Armageddon come to pass. If Enkidel remains uncooperative, they will erase him from existence well before his first son is ever born. The earth will keep on turning, the sun will keep on shining, the world will lack Enkidel's progeny and will be better off because of it.

Jewcoon posted:

Yah, voting this. gently caress this cryptic bullshit, we'll listen to ol' Smatty if he just tells us what the gently caress is going on.

I'm not being sarcastic, but did you happen to miss the update in which Smattas pretty much said 'your children will cause the world to end, and you're a fool if you think otherwise'?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

N I humble myself.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

No gods, no masters

P

Celibacy will continue to serve their purposes until we understand the actions which are demanded from us.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Zybourne Clock posted:

Azzazel made it very clear to Enkidel that the Melachim are not going to let him reproduce. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Melachim made the world by El's orders, and do the necessary maintenance to keep things going smoothly. The Melachim have always shown themselves happy to aide Enkidel, if you recall the many times he should have died but didn't due to Xuriel's intervention. They haven't zapped his genitals yet because Enkidel isn't an animal, and should make that decision by himself. But you should not think they will ever let Armageddon come to pass. If Enkidel remains uncooperative, they will erase him from existence well before his first son is ever born. The earth will keep on turning, the sun will keep on shining, the world will lack Enkidel's progeny and will be better off because of it.

I'm not being sarcastic, but did you happen to miss the update in which Smattas pretty much said 'your children will cause the world to end, and you're a fool if you think otherwise'?

No, but I did see the update which posited mysterious forces would cause mankind to die, and these forces were related to us in mysterious ways, but that we couldn't think clearly about said forces because they were too mysterious.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Wentley posted:

No, but I did see the update which posited mysterious forces would cause mankind to die, and these forces were related to us in mysterious ways, but that we couldn't think clearly about said forces because they were too mysterious.

Or, you know, Diog could just tell us exactly what's he's planning.

Diog are we Jesus?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I suggest people consider the implications of their votes in a game with all knowing judging beings and supermen. For now, I think we need a strong vote for apologizing to Ishamal and agree to be neutered.

I think we need a strong vote saying no to getting neutered, but also no to having kids until we understand more. People are acting like there are two options: get neutered, or have babies and cause the apocalypse. That is not the case. We can also not get neutered and not have babies.

Ishamal's anger is ridiculous. We had a vague dream and understand almost nothing of the true nature of the world, but we are expected to make irrevocable changes with utmost certainty?

sotary
Sep 11, 2001

Zybourne Clock posted:

Voting this too!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tsyni posted:

I think we need a strong vote saying no to getting neutered, but also no to having kids until we understand more. People are acting like there are two options: get neutered, or have babies and cause the apocalypse. That is not the case. We can also not get neutered and not have babies.

Ishamal's anger is ridiculous. We had a vague dream and understand almost nothing of the true nature of the world, but we are expected to make irrevocable changes with utmost certainty?

In Enkidel's world? Yes, yes you are.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
N and voting to zap Enki's balls

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I'll add to that. The Melachim cannot be forced or bargained into revealing the secrets of life/Enkidel. The only times the ophanim get involved is when a major gently caress ups occurs. Ishamal has stated repeatedly that the ophanim will only intervene and tell us to knock our poo poo off when we are messing with poo poo we should not. A direct message from Smythos/Smatass means we are loving up big.

"Why doesn't Smartass just do poo poo himself or talk to us face to face like a real man?" My retort is Smythos/Smatass is not a man. He is the angel of divine fury and justice. The only appointments available in his schedule are for major smiting and rear end kicking. You don't want to be added to his schedule.

On the other hand, if we gently caress up bad enough, I am sure more fun things will happen, like our recent nightmare.

sotary
Sep 11, 2001
On top of the humbling ourselves, I'm also voting to be made sterile

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Oh, gently caress you Ishamal. If you were truly wise you would understand why the hell we would be angry at being told to chop off our balls the day before our wedding, and a couple of days after we beat a loving demon into the ground. You would understand that we want some bloody answers and reasons why this would be necessary. It is the weak, the stupid and the authoritarian who resort to force. Smartass, and apparently Ishamal, are this kind of being.

Ishamal is not wise, he is a pawn being told what to do. Azz is the only wise one here. I'm only willing to trust Azz in the future, though I'm sure he will turn on us eventually, too.

Spit in Ishamal's face, and defend ourselves if he tries to force us sterile

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

N

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
N

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

N

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Tsyni posted:

An important thing in this game is faith. Faith requires us to act not just with incomplete knowledge, but also with trust in higher powers.

Also, the evil forces are mysterious because we are not meant to know who they are. I believe the evil forces are demons. Knowing who those demons are would probably reveal some big secret of the universe. I think the demons were our genetic sons or fallen angels, or both. Either fact would be a huge upset to this society. I am not going to detail why because my thumbs are tired. But just remember our religion has no origin story for demons and does not have any story of melanin fighting eachother, disagreeing with El, or trying to take men's souls from El.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

quote:

You watched our memories in the cave. Did you see what happened as everything went dark?
"Yes. I did not wish to force you to experience that pain again simply so I could get a close look, you slumbered through it."

quote:

Ishamal, if I choose to be sterilized, will you help me find a way to tell Naomi that will not violate my promises to you?
"If you wish, surely."

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Once again, we are shown that every vote counts. Even if a vote option does not win, any leading vote options will be interpreted by Diog's as indecisiveness or seriously considered options
What an interesting concept! I wonder if it is true? Those of you who feel you tend to be on the "loosing" side... take heart! Your votes matter.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Zybourne Clock posted:

This line: "But you should not think they will ever let Armageddon come to pass" gets at a key problem with your reading. You could be right about the dream-sender's intention. And that would have horrifying implications.

We've been told that the Storm is Coming.

If the Melachim think that the Storm is contingent on our having kids, then they're wrong. Worse, it means that they aren't communicating with the power behind the Storm Vision.

Absum
May 28, 2013

falcon2424 posted:

This line: "But you should not think they will ever let Armageddon come to pass" gets at a key problem with your reading. You could be right about the dream-sender's intention. And that would have horrifying implications.

We've been told that the Storm is Coming.

If the Melachim think that the Storm is contingent on our having kids, then they're wrong. Worse, it means that they aren't communicating with the power behind the Storm Vision.

Maybe they just know that us having kids will make it worse. And maybe that will tip the scales?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ask Ish Is there no way to prevent our power from being passed on to any offspring?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I wonder if WE are the Coming Storm.

Like The Doctor.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
N- We're the most humble man there ever was.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Wentley posted:

Smattas posted:

After your seed
All this follows

Humble yourself before His Children
And in your long years
Bind the Eternal Hunger
Forever

In other words, if Enkidel were to reproduce unimpeded, the nightmarish visions would become reality. It doesn't even matter who the 'mysterious forces' are; just the condition of Enkidel reproducing is enough to cause this. The nature of the foe is unimportant, but should you disagree, it's still not very hard to find out who they are if you combine two bits of information.

At the fallen city posted:

Your army feels the tremors which grow more frequent by the day but they at least are spared the knowledge of those who cause them. You hear their blows every moment, far distant and close as they give out useless cries for justice, vengeance, greed or roars of pure animal savagery for those who have lost their minds utterly, paying little attention to what they trample beneath them as they struggle.

The 'mysterious foes' are clearly human, unless demons will somehow became enlightened creatures that care about justice and vengeance some time in the not so far future.

At the end of existence posted:

Are you all that remains?

And on and on...

You still hear the thunder, each moment, distant and close.

The thunder of their battle as they struggle on.

At this point in the vision, the planet is nothing more than a lump of molten rock that doesn't even have an atmosphere any more. Yet the battle continues. Our army is dead, all normal men are dead, even all Mighty Men are dead. Only the strong are still alive, those with blood of great power. Enkidel's blood.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
5: N+V(Apologize)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tsyni posted:

It's not ridiculous when he can obviously tell a part of us (I.E people in this thread) have feelings of anger and spite at Ishamal and Smattas, which in my opinion is totally hosed up now that it has been beaten to us over in our head.

We don't deserve any answers, not with the way we have been acting. We've seriously have gotten lucky whenever we tried to use our powers in that no on has died, although Snarls was very close to losing his soul when we tried to borrow his smell powers. We were told not to mess with poo poo and we still did, likely losing a bit of power along the way with our impatience, all along expecting to DESERVE answers from powers that be based on the fact that we are a special snowflake that doesn't poop. This is exactly the mentality Ishamal wanted to avoid having in us.

As Ishamal said, we may be stronger or swifter than other men, but we aren't more worthy. The Grigori are El's first children who helped him make the world we live now. Who are we to object to their wishes? We obviously matter enough to them, especially Smattas to get a warning, why be spiteful and ignore it? How does that help us find out answers?

Holding on to this hate and the, frankly, idiotic thought that every single one of our line will be good little boys and girls with no chances of loving up like we almost did multiple times will just lead to Ishamal and the Melachim on the fence that we are arrogant dumbasses don't deserve to be on this world. The spiteful responses just reinforces that. We don't deserve jack and poo poo just for being born with these powers.

e:
N and V (apologize) for the vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

falcon2424 posted:

I'm betting that we weren't the only one who got a vision. I think Ishamal got a sending, too. He's on edge because he's closet to us, and a higher-up told him to Fix The Problem Now.

I want to ask Ishamal if he received a message too.

Further, I hadn't cast a vote (this time!) about our magical vasectomy idea. I am now voting in favor of sterilization.