Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

davebo posted:

I demand it be in lime rock green because that is an awesome color.

:hfive: That's the only way I'd have mine as well, beautiful color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Xguard86 posted:

I guess the next step for the hyper car manufacturers is some crazy variable geometry non-euclidian fractal nightmaremobiles because when you see the latest corvette,ferraris, lamborghinis, and McLarens all next to each other its hard to imagine how they get lower or more angular.

Lambo is trying...

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Yep, even down to the vaguely demonic glow emanating from under the surfaces. Still needs to do what that other dude said and swipe at passers by while I dine on the finest genetically recreated mammoth steaks. You know before the next mico crash makes me poor again this month.

If they put that in a video game it would be considered too unrealistic and cheating. Awesome.

Boundless316
Jan 10, 2004
I am Who I Am
Nissan may be on a tight budget but they do have a history of building awesomely affordable sport cars. Sure it's been mostly Zs but how can you see this:

and not think this?

But then I am a long time fan of the 510. I think they will bring it to market. My two big questions are: Which markets? And marketed how?

Also I'm a bit in love with the side exhaust on the Nismo.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

HotCanadianChick posted:

So has anyone else had a chance to see/sit in the new C7 Stingray in person yet?

I drove one at the exotics rental at Las Vegas Speedway. I find myself preferring it to the Mercedes SLS (!). Felt very buttoned up; traction control actually let me get a little sideways without drama. Interior was great; no complaints there at all. My biggest dislike was the steering feel

igv9
Sep 3, 2006
Everything witty I could put here has already been said.

Admirable Gusto posted:

I drove one at the exotics rental at Las Vegas Speedway. I find myself preferring it to the Mercedes SLS (!). Felt very buttoned up; traction control actually let me get a little sideways without drama. Interior was great; no complaints there at all. My biggest dislike was the steering feel

So when I sat in one at the auto show I noticed there was no knee padding on the door, just on the center tunnel. Did you find that bothering you at all? I sat in one at the auto show and my complaints were how easily the door card got scuffed from people getting in and out, no knee padding on the doors, and the seat had poor back support. I'm assuming the seat was merely adjusted wrong since nobody else has mentioned this so I'm not worried about that.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Is there any info around about the MY2015 Taurus? I ran across something yesterday that said it'll be out this year as a complete clean sheet redesign, but I haven't seen a spy photo, blog post, or anything else about it. I found a thread on a forum where they say the chassis is going to be a lengthened version of the Fusion chassis to address the rear headroom and seat issues in the current model, but can't find much else.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
There's no planned extended downtime at the Taurus plant so I kinda doubt the MY15 will be anything other than a holdover from 2014.

Edit: I could be mistaken though. But when the 2013 Fusion launched as an all-new model, the plant was down for a month for retooling. Same is happening with the Edge/Flex/MKX/MKT plant and their new 2015 models. So while I could be wrong, it isn't looking likely that the 2015 will be all-new.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 13, 2014

Elem7
Apr 12, 2003
der
Dinosaur Gum
I was under the impression the new Taurus would hit in 2015, so probably MY 2016. I'm sure Ford would've announced it at Detroit or Chicago already if it was coming out this year.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

That would make more sense, especially with the new MKS coming out, the Taurus is it's close sibling and followed a year behind last time. Edmunds and a couple other places still list it as a redesigned 2015 launching sometime this year though. I'm constantly stalking SHO's but if there's going to be new sheetmetal soon I'll hold off for a while.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The guys in the hot hatch thread didn't see the appeal, probably because they're all debating warranty on their power windows with VW or figuring out what Ford motor mounts aren't made of balsa wood and elephant semen. It's the Nissan Micra!

Available only in Canada, starting at $9998. Nissan went to specific pains to mention that they custom-tuned the car for Canada - wheels are sized to the most common winter tires (15/16" rather than 14" as they are in Europe), the rear seat folds down at the proper split for a hockey bag, suspension and steering have been messed with, and the people in the back seat can get heat too.

You can also get some dealer options that change the car - coloured mirror caps, decals, the Scion appearance package kind of stuff it looks like.

If this little son of a bitch doesn't take a Juke motor I don't know what will. It's got the 1.6L four cylinder from the Versa Note.

For $2500 more you can have a 3-cylinder base Mirage. Sorry Mitsubishi, maybe one of your electric cars will catch on before you go bankrupt. It could happen!

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 14, 2014

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
You know that Micra doesn't look half bad; the hockey bag thing is hilarious

igv9 posted:

So when I sat in one at the auto show I noticed there was no knee padding on the door, just on the center tunnel. Did you find that bothering you at all?

Didn't notice that at all but then again I'm 5' 7"

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I think both the Micra and the Mirage are pretty decent looking but I love small pug-like cars in general. The Micra seems to have a big leg up on power though, it's like what 115 hp vs 74?

Putting the turbo engine in the Micra would be awesome and I hope it happens.

There's a new Renault Twingo. Rear engine, RWD, manual trans.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/13/next-renault-twingo-ready-swiss-debut/

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 14, 2014

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

There's a new Renault Twingo. Rear engine, RWD, manual trans.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/13/next-renault-twingo-ready-swiss-debut/

That is more Fiat 500 than the new Fiat 500. Will be awesome if they make a proper Renault Sport version. Renault has quite decent history with the sporty version of small hatchbacks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

I think both the Micra and the Mirage are pretty decent looking but I love small pug-like cars in general. The Micra seems to have a big leg up on power though, it's like what 115 hp vs 74?

Putting the turbo engine in the Micra would be awesome and I hope it happens.

109hp vs 74hp
15" wheels vs 14" wheels
10 grand vs 13 grand

Unless the turbo engine you're talking about goes into the mirage and is the 2 liter out of the evo, mitsubishi is done. I'm betting the board of mitsubishi canada are all sitting around a giant conference table with a printout of the micra announcement sitting in front of them, all staring at it in silence. Each quietly thinking "do i put mitsubishi on my resume, or would it look better if i just said i was unemployed for the last 5 years"

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Available only in Canada, starting at $9998.

Remind me to punch a Canadian next time I see one. Nothing personal, just a bit jealous. I suppose in 25 years I can import one south of the border.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

igv9 posted:

So when I sat in one at the auto show I noticed there was no knee padding on the door, just on the center tunnel. Did you find that bothering you at all? I sat in one at the auto show and my complaints were how easily the door card got scuffed from people getting in and out, no knee padding on the doors, and the seat had poor back support. I'm assuming the seat was merely adjusted wrong since nobody else has mentioned this so I'm not worried about that.

My experience with GM door cards is they will fall apart before you wear them out. Consider it a wear item, aftermarket solutions are readily available.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
:rolleye: And what exactly was your experience with? A 1986 Chevy Celebrity?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

YF19pilot posted:

Remind me to punch a Canadian next time I see one. Nothing personal, just a bit jealous. I suppose in 25 years I can import one south of the border.

Hey, to be fair our pricing is usually of the no lube variety compared to just south of the border, especially for anything that has a hint of performance or luxury.

We have our perks of 15 year import laws and this I guess.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Bajaha posted:

Hey, to be fair our pricing is usually of the no lube variety compared to just south of the border, especially for anything that has a hint of performance or luxury.

We have our perks of 15 year import laws and this I guess.

Insurance in Southern Ontario will make downsize you from a WRX into a beater Corolla post haste. Other than the ~$5000 premium we pay on MSRP and another 13% in taxes and 1.5k in freight, insurance is the #1 reason you will never drive a fun car in Canada. So if you ever feel like overpaying for a sporty car like a Golf GTI (which costs about 38k base OTR minus any dealer fees they tack on, no negotiation of course) just bite the pillow and clench, it only happens once a month.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I think you guys are going to be disappointed with the Micra - its a relatively lovely car which I don't think is going to be improved just by chucking a bigger engine in

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nothing about the Micra would make me want one over a 3cyl turbo Fiesta or a Mazda 2.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

leica posted:

Nothing about the Micra would make me want one over a 3cyl turbo Fiesta or a Mazda 2.

The 3 cylinder ecoboost is Nearly twice the price of the micra. You can buy 2 micras and strap them together for the price.

20 Grand for 218hp. 8 cylinders. Seating for 8. Really makes you think

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Powershift posted:

The 3 cylinder ecoboost is Nearly twice the price of the micra. You can buy 2 micras and strap them together for the price.

20 Grand for 218hp. 8 cylinders. Seating for 8. Really makes you think

That sounds great as long as you weld them together like this.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

My day is always improved when someone posts the Jeeeeeeeeeeep.

smr
Dec 18, 2002

Fucknag posted:

My day is always improved when someone posts the Jeeeeeeeeeeep.

What in the gently caress is the story behind that hilarious thing?

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

smr posted:

What in the gently caress is the story behind that hilarious thing?

Arab oil barons with more money than sense.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

Friar Zucchini posted:

Arab oil barons with more money than sense.

To be fair though, when you have that much money its hard for sense to keep up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still can't believe that they didn't see the humor in putting like 9 more E's in there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

a good 4 months after it went on sale, mitsubishi is finally putting reviewers in mirage. Their tester was $16 grand, and yet

quote:

One thing all staffers agreed on is the Mirage's lack of anything resembling steering feel. It's especially difficult to tell when the wheel is on center, as there's so much slop in the steering -- a fact that doesn't help it in the twisties. Taking a curvy on-ramp with as much speed as I could muster from the Mirage's three-cylinder, I was met with ample body roll and tire squeal, along with the distinct feeling that what I was doing wasn't safe.

...As long as you don't mind waiting a little longer, the Mirage will get up to freeway speeds eventually.

Why won't this company just die already.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Powershift posted:

I read somewhere that the Mirage is outselling the Yaris and Mazda2. Maybe the low price is resonating with people.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Powershift posted:

a good 4 months after it went on sale, mitsubishi is finally putting reviewers in mirage. Their tester was $16 grand, and yet

Holy poo poo, I didn't even realize it was back. Seriously, how is Mitsubishi still alive?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Tacier posted:

I read somewhere that the Mirage is outselling the Yaris and Mazda2. Maybe the low price is resonating with people.

Every review has denounced it as a godawful car. I'm sure the people who are buying it only have "cheapest new car" as their only criteria.

It makes no sense; you could get a better cheaper car used or spend a little more and go with a competitor rather than buying the only lovely car in this segment. Literally any other car would be a vastly better choice than the Mirage.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

It makes no sense; you could get a better cheaper car used or spend a little more and go with a competitor rather than buying the only lovely car in this segment. Literally any other car would be a vastly better choice than the Mirage.

Yeah but somehow the Cavalier and Aveo kept selling to exactly this type of buyer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Every review has denounced it as a godawful car. I'm sure the people who are buying it only have "cheapest new car" as their only criteria.

It makes no sense; you could get a better cheaper car used or spend a little more and go with a competitor rather than literally buying the only lovely car in the segment.

But it's not the cheapest new car. It's 2 grand more than the versa sedan, and now 3 grand more than the micra. I don't think i could take a mitsubishi mirage owner seriously. If i found out somebody i was talking to bought a mitsubishi mirage new, i'm not sure i could talk to them like they were an adult.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Previa_fun posted:

Yeah but somehow the Cavalier and Aveo kept selling to exactly this type of buyer.

My god, is this intentional? They're going to fill the vacuum and be the next Cavalier /Aveo on purpose?

Powershift posted:

But it's not the cheapest new car. It's 2 grand more than the versa sedan, and now 3 grand more than the micra. I don't think i could take a mitsubishi mirage owner seriously. If i found out somebody i was talking to bought a mitsubishi mirage new, i'm not sure i could talk to them like they were an adult.

I know the Micra is going to be sold in Canada only, I'm assuming it's the cheapest offering in the US.

I just feel like the offerings in this segment really say a lot about a manufacturers engineering, design and general business competency because of the slim margins and competition. If this is what Mitsubishi has to offer I don't know what to say.

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 17, 2014

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
New McLaren 650S: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIDMxaNHfJ0

Holy poo poo.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
So it's mostly a reskinned MP4-12C with more power right?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like it. A reskinned McLaren 12C with more power.

But really I'm surprised there's a new car at all coming out of McLaren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

That honestly sounds worse than the current crop of Chinese cars. How did they manage that?!?!