Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
The King Engine always makes me think of Destroyman from No More Heroes. That's what I imagine it to sound like, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/224022/onepunch-man_ch32v4_by_nerieru-scans

Lord Bors got an art upgrade! To be fair, he looked a bit like Saitama in a dumb costume the first time around.

And.... that's it!

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
The strongest characters so far have all been drawn in that same undetailed style. Bors has been downgraded now, he's nothing to fear.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Aw, Murata took down the gif :(

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Mystic Mongol posted:

Lord Bors got an art upgrade! To be fair, he looked a bit like Saitama in a dumb costume the first time around.

And.... that's it!

I can't understand what's been going on for the past few weeks. Why is the same chapter being posted over and over?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pinegala posted:

I can't understand what's been going on for the past few weeks. Why is the same chapter being posted over and over?

Murata keeps updating it.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Honestly the page of the monster tumbling through the wreckage is better than the mediocre animated version.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

KittenofDoom posted:

Honestly the page of the monster tumbling through the wreckage is better than the mediocre animated version.

I have to agree. Very badass now.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

pinegala posted:

It's not like he hasn't been adding pages each time. I think this is the first update not to increase the page count.
he probably has special reason to keep the chapter count as is for now but it doesn't really matter, it'll trickle out soon enough and we'll soon be fearing cvatching up with the original.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Once Murata catches up on Onepunch-Man, he can start redrawing ONE's other manga Mob Psycho 100.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

And.... that's it!

That's one hell of an upgrade though

Lord Bors looks less anime and more Destroyer of Worlds now

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Is there anyway we can support ONE and Murata?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Feels like he wanted to make something animated and incredibly badass but decided it would be a herculean effort so he just settled for badass.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Suspicious Lump posted:

Is there anyway we can support ONE and Murata?

Subscribe to weekly shonen jump.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Aw, Murata took down the gif :(

I can only assume he took it down so he can upload it later, fully animated by hand.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lord Boros' old armor design looks familiar...

I guess that's why Murata did a redraw, his original design looked too much like Darkness Blade.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
The new design looks more like an intergalactic menace than a generic animu kid with one eye. Good job Murata!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Lord Boros' old armor design looks familiar...

I guess that's why Murata did a redraw, his original design looked too much like Darkness Blade.

I keep comparing those two pictures and I can't see any similarities aside from how they are both wearing black armor. Every tiny detail is different. Even the fact that they both have pointy shoulders is meaningless because the points are still completely different. Really, it is kind of amazing how dissimilar they are. Murata's kind of crazy with character designs.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I consider the upgrade deserving.

Edit: But uh keep quoting the spoiler then. :yayclod:

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 15, 2014

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Not sure what the rules are when it applies to a redrawn manga but I think it's similar to manga vs anime rules. Please tag that as ONE spoiler. :(

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 19, 2014

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008

What a dick

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 19, 2014

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Why you gotta be that guy Fab

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
You people don't get the point of a spoiler box, do you?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

e X posted:

You people don't get the point of a spoiler box, do you?

Sure they do, they're to conceal spoilers from the most recent issue of the Onepunch Man redraw.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
The ONE thread was made expressly because people were posting spoilers for the ONE-drawn version in this thread.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Shut up about spoilers y'all new chapter is out

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Onepunch-Man : Chapter 33

That was a tough wait.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That door being blown in was beautiful.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, it almost looked like Saiatama was going Super-Saitama on page 29, but I guess that was just Boros seeing his energy.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Wow page 31 is beautiful.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So great.

Truly there is no such thing as a problem that can't be solved by just hitting/slicing it harder.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"I'd leave, but I can't find my way out."
"Just turn right."
"I'll turn left then :getin:"

Got a good laugh out of me :allears:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Mikl posted:

"I'd leave, but I can't find my way out."
"Just turn right."
"I'll turn left then :getin:"

Got a good laugh out of me :allears:

Saitama's not just strong, he's clearly a genius.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Page 27 is regal as a motherfucker

Look at that background

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aw, I prefer the translation they used in the original for Atomic Samurai's response to finding out about the marble.

"Duly noted. That means all I have to do is keep cutting until I cut the vital marble!"

Makes him sound a lot more stubborn. Anyway, can't wait for next chapter. It has one of my favourite jokes in the series.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 15, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

Aw, I prefer the translation they used in the original for Atomic Samurai's response to finding out about the marble.

"Duly noted. That means all I have to do is keep cutting until I cut the vital marble!"

Makes him sound a lot more stubborn. Anyway, can't wait for next chapter. It has one of my favourite jokes in the series.

Eh, this version of Atomic Samurai isn't particularly formal. Just look at him.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Page 27 is glorious.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh man, that was so worth it :allears:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
God drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
I don't know what's funnier, the alien seeing Saitama's immense aura while a few panels later Saitama sees almost no aura from the alien guy as he leaps down, or Saitama casually blocking the rocks by putting his hand up and letting most of them just hit him, including the one that slams into his skull with no effect.