Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Red posted:

Iron Jameson.

Nothing in comic books will ever top this, ever.

President Iron Jameson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He flies into space, takes pictures of Planet Symbiote, nukes it and flies back to earth to prove, once and for all, that Spider-man is a menace that almost unleashed a Independence Day (1996) upon mankind.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

President Iron Jameson.

President Iron Jameson fighting the Wall

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
President Iron Wall Jameson

EDIT: So is Stan Lee actually still writing these? Is there any way to view them other than getting newspapers?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Iron Jameson/ Clown 9 2016, an arachnofoebic administration.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

EDIT: So is Stan Lee actually still writing these? Is there any way to view them other than getting newspapers?

http://comicskingdom.com/amazing-spider-man/today

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Hahaha this loving arc is the best. Tony gives no shits that he can't get any calls at all.

Spiderman Newspaper Comic: Feb 03, 2014

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

John Dyne posted:

Hahaha this loving arc is the best. Tony gives no shits that he can't get any calls at all.

I would've thought Tony Stark would have a foolproof way of knowing if one of his suits is active without his use/consent.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Red posted:

I would've thought Tony Stark would have a foolproof way of knowing if one of his suits is active without his use/consent.

This is Newspaper Tony and like everyone else he has been hit in the head by a brick one too many times.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Red posted:

I feel like there's some failsafe in the suit that'll kick in once Jonah starts joyriding in it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Red posted:

Action Tortoise posted:

I feel like there's some failsafe in the suit that'll kick in once Jonah starts joyriding in it.

This is a comic where Spider-man can be thwarted by airport security. You guys are vastly over-estimating the competence of superheroes in the newspaper-verse.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Senor Candle posted:

I don't think Lee ever actually has written them. His name is on them but I'm pretty sure it's all his brother.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

John Dyne posted:

Happy Hogan's alive in the newspaper strips! :neckbeard:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

GorfZaplen posted:

Just stop making comics. It's all downhill from here.

I dunno. We're still missing the part where Doom sees this and nods understanding all too well what's going through JJJ's head.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

President Iron Jameson.

With Vice President CEO Jameson.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sexual Lorax posted:

I loving love that the MST3K bots are in there somewhere. I haven't found them yet, though. Are there any other panels of the trophy room from other angles?

Yeah, they're in another shot IIRC. The memorial room is in a couple of scenes.

Also, I refuse to believe that the Maestro could take out Herbie.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
"PARKER! Get me pictures of the Spider-Man! Also, OIL CAN!"

Okay, some more panels for thought.

The Unwritten #12, and what happens when you cross Mister Bun:

And another example on what Daredevil shouldn't be doing from Daredevil #8:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, latest One Punch Man chapter...

Maybe he should have pushed instead of pulled.
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/224290/onepunch-man_ch33_by_nerieru-scans/1

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, that super-detailed labyrinth that that guy made. I hope he got paid for that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goatface posted:

Oh hey, that super-detailed labyrinth that that guy made. I hope he got paid for that.
Murata is found of drawing super-detailed scenery, then zooming in and out like he's doing an animated sequence. He did an entire sequence zooming out from inside an apartment to an asteroid heading to Earth.
If they ever do an anime the storyboards are practically done already.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that labyrinth is this one: http://www.spoon-tamago.com/2013/01/21/dad-spends-7-years-on-incredibly-detailed-maze/ drawn by a guy over 7 years while he was bored.

It's pretty insane when you see the size of the whole thing.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Waterhaul posted:

I don't think Lee ever actually has written them. His name is on them but I'm pretty sure it's all his brother.

Lee wrote it for a bit when it launched; Marvel: the Untold Story has him explaining how it works to Jim Shooter as though he were a child. I think it's around 1981 or so that Lee stops doing anything other than okaying plots.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

goatface posted:

He gave permission for it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So when they relaunched Captain Marvel under DC, they kind of avoided major crossovers for the most part. So when they hinted at Captain Marvel and Superman crossing over, wowie! Check out this cover!

... now here is the first page.

Superman does not appear in the issue, although there's a brief costume thing

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 15, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I would feel so goddamn ripped off if I bought that issue as a kid.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I could tell it was gonna be a fake-out but I thought they'd have the decency to at least make Sivana animate a steel statue of Superman to come to life and wreck poo poo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

I would feel so goddamn ripped off if I bought that issue as a kid.

For real. I mean, I know Silver Age covers (especially the ol' superdickery kind) were pretty much based on trickery and lies to sell to kids, but that one seems particularly vicious in how it reveals itself immediately to be a lie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The character is 75 years old and I only found out today that SHAZAM stands for something :negative:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Unless you're 85 you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Besides it's not like they go around advertising that fact a hell of a lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mind the walrus posted:

Unless you're 85 you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Besides it's not like they go around advertising that fact a hell of a lot.

Oh come on, it's how he gets his powers man! Quit trying to make Jeru feel better, he should be ashamed of himself! ASHAMED!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I dig your new avatar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mind the walrus posted:

I dig your new avatar.

I forgot to convert it into a PNG so it doesn't have a transparent background. I was gonna fix it but I'll have a red text by monday so whatever right?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sometimes I wish someone would give me a red text so I could get rid of my poorly done gif avatar but I can't seem to piss anyone off enough.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I even know that he frequently references having the wisdom of Solomon and yet I didn't make the connection :(

Source: Captain Marvel #64

See, as wise as Solomon!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Who was it who tore the "Wisdom of Solomon" line to bits?

"If your almighty deity gives you a single order, and that's not to build a giant temple not dedicated to him, and then you do that anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! You have the Wisdom of Solomon!"

I want to say it was Waid, but have a pretty good feeling I'm off.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Sometimes I wish someone would give me a red text so I could get rid of my poorly done gif avatar but I can't seem to piss anyone off enough.

You could always just buy a new avatar.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well yeah but sadly I have zero dollars to spare on an avatar right now. Money is super tight for at least the next year and like hell I'm going to beg someone else for an internet avatar like some uber-goon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mind the walrus posted:

Well yeah but sadly I have zero dollars to spare on an avatar right now. Money is super tight for at least the next year and like hell I'm going to beg someone else for an internet avatar like some uber-goon.

Start mouthing off a bunch. That usually works for me.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I never have the wit to keep it up, I just devolve into lengthy goon effort posts that even I don't like to reread.

And so I stop derailing, some Agent X:

Taskmaster :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Man, it took me five minutes of googling to figure out that Agent X was not Fantomex and that the dude in the panels was neither of them.

• Locked thread