Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Oh... poo poo. I'm not the one who was posting Addams so I can't say whether or not that one's a repost, but their drawing styles aren't anywhere near each other, so it's plenty embarrassing anyway. :shobon:

I actually paid attention to these, though! Even went and found a couple to demonstrate how their senses of humor were similar even if their artwork wasn't:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

I'm sure that's exactly what Dorothy wants, Jane, not one, but two meddling mothers.

Non Sequitur

:ughh: Strike five, Wiley, better luck tomorrow. Or next week.

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's.

Kliban

Huh. I wonder, is he making sure he's peeing on time by checking his watch, or is he making sure the duration of the peeing is adequate? Dogs wearing watches. We just don't know. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/14/2003

It is a musical joke, you see.

Zits

Hope somebody doesn't step on those while you're walking, Pierce... Ouch!

Kevin & Kell

I figure she'd like a big ol' bloody, freshly killed carcass way better than meat cured with nitrates, Rudy.

Nemi

Oh, Nemi... :3:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

tiistai posted:

Several months later

That boys been kidnapped by a dog!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

tiistai posted:

Several months later

Glorious, look at that expression in the lower right! I love this.

Cul-de-sac weenk weenk weenk weenk weenk

The Creeps is still tormenting you with the lack of safety. (still yesterdays.)

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

:effort:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

My thoughts exactly.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Nemi

Oh, Nemi... :3:

Cathy

Oh, Cathy... :3:

Monty

Mike du Jour

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Meanwhile, there is a cheap toupee resting comfortably in the terrarium back in the bedroom.

Dr. Venture I presume?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Ah, yes, the Judge Parker/Doonesbury crossover we've all been waiting for.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nemi is just Cathy for goths. This makes it about a thousand times better than most other comics. Now stop these Derailing Train Comix.

Pooch Café

The Dog Whisperer cuts out hours of time spent training the dogs to respond to that in the first place, then training them to associate it with the commands they've already learned. These are 'bo dogs, they've never been trained a day in their lives! I call bullshit on this whole premise.

Ballard Street

She clearly doesn't understand the point of model trains.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy, in which Yacob adds a new tool to his arsenal. (November 26, 1926)

Peanuts (February 17, 1967)

Sally shouldn't wind herself up like this. The school system's black helicopters will catch her before the teacher does.

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

I'm starting to think they'd be going around the neighborhood hanging kids even if there wasn't a treason charge up for grabs. In fact, how do we know these are the real cops? They sell those tin stars at the dollar store!

Rip Haywire

Pogo (February 17, 1956)

...and a 9 year-old Hillary Rodham nods silently to herself.

Out Our Way (June 11-12, 1924)

e: At the risk of promoting the competition, a very special "Valentine too awesome to exist" turned up on Cracked this morning.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 14, 2014

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Does anybody have any Wee Pals that were released around the time Obama got elected? I was wondering what Morrie made of it at the time.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Samovar posted:

Does anybody have any Wee Pals that were released around the time Obama got elected? I was wondering what Morrie made of it at the time.

There was at least one... (October 10, 2007)

And of course there was a parting shot at the outgoing incumbent. (November 23, 2007)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Cathy

Oh, Cathy... :3:

It's Cyan's expression that really makes the Nemi strip work though.

RandomFerret posted:

Nemi is just Cathy for goths.

Well, it's drawn better, has more likeable and better developed characters, is funnier and doesn't reuse jokes nearly so much, but yeah, other than those minor details it's pretty much the same.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Samovar posted:

I've got a few. He kept it light:

Nov 18, 2008

Dec 8, 2008

Dec 9, 2008

Dec 15, 2008

Dec 29, 2008

Jan 1, 2009

There's an article by Jeff Chang that talks about Morrie and the night of the election as seen through the eyes of Bil Keane. Apparently Turner and Keane were pretty close (both pacifist WWII vets, both cartoonists who met when they went to Vietnam to draw for the troops at the behest of the National Cartoonist Society). The first page is at the link. I haven't bought the issue yet to read the rest, but I probably will at some point.

edit to add the Sunday one after the inauguration that there's no way I should have forgotten:

Feb 1, 2009

TofuDiva fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 14, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

This one was pretty faded, so I tried to clean it up a bit. Hope it's readable enough!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Arlo and Janis

Lost Side of Suburbia

I guess I picked a bad time to start posting this, since it's apparently on hiatus now. Figure I'll start it from the beginning.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

I almost want this comic to go back to boring talking heads.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

"Nipper, you... You're just going to leave the stand unattended? Where are you going, Nipper? Nipper?"

(I think I drew a Szechuan-style Gumbo Ball stand)

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Today's joke seems to be: hit your partner over the head with this vase so you can enjoy sports in peace while she's unconscious.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Excellent.
Aww.

Bloom County
Um, actually there's some trouble here. Every Bloom County strip (that I've checked) has a graphic up saying "This comic is currently unavailable. Check back soon!". So, indefinite hiatus.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Eek! seems to be a single-panel, goofier version of Liō, without a unifying character.

Elderberries celebrates the elderly. Surprise!

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

BlueDestiny posted:

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

Someone with more patience and better editing skills can probably get better result.

When you do it this way it just turns into Luchador Hitler. Which I guess would be a great username to go with the av.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

This one was pretty faded, so I tried to clean it up a bit. Hope it's readable enough!

I enjoy Foxy Grandpa, but I have to admit he's a little creepy.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Of course you are.

Rex Morgan MD

Oh let's all just do more and more to make little Sarah happy.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

that's an outstanding bear

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I dig the googly eyes.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Well, we gotta have something to deal with the poo poo you keep posting, don't we?

My posts: rich, fertile and a source of great things
Ur posts: sterile, white, only good for wiping my rear end with and flushing away

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

fondue posted:

I just found it depressing; Kliban aspired to be an intellectual artist and instead found his fortune drawing the same stupid cat over and over. Every time I see one of his cats it just makes me sad.

I wouldn't get too sad. He sketched and drew cartoons of his cats for his own amusement, and they turned out to be marketable. He still kept drawing plenty of incisive critiques of the industry's more soulless aspects (I know "Merchandising" and "The Birth of Advertising" have both already been posted. Pretty sure "Wasted and Useful Lives" has also.) and laughed at himself, too.

http://i.imgur.com/660Sk3s.jpg

Linked for possible mild NWS if your workplace is especially conservative? (Sadly, I think this is literally how Brooke thinks he should be received in the world at large.)

If this one is a repeat, I apologize.

Definitely :nws: http://i.imgur.com/a7Nf3eu.jpg

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

TofuDiva posted:

I've got a few. He kept it light:

Nov 18, 2008

Dec 8, 2008

Dec 9, 2008

Dec 15, 2008

Dec 29, 2008

Jan 1, 2009

There's an article by Jeff Chang that talks about Morrie and the night of the election as seen through the eyes of Bil Keane. Apparently Turner and Keane were pretty close (both pacifist WWII vets, both cartoonists who met when they went to Vietnam to draw for the troops at the behest of the National Cartoonist Society). The first page is at the link. I haven't bought the issue yet to read the rest, but I probably will at some point.

edit to add the Sunday one after the inauguration that there's no way I should have forgotten:

Feb 1, 2009

You know, I'm glad Morrie Turner lived long enough to see Obama become president :)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Indolent Bastard posted:

Dr. Venture I presume?

Spider Jerusalem

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
They were responding to the unedited version.

:effort:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ham Shears

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Darthemed posted:

:doh:

Hmmmm....that's the temperature I keep my thermostat set on in the summer, but I'm not quite 78.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Quincy

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Darthemed posted:

Indeed I was.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

There is a frog in the painting. Frogs are freshwater creatures and do not inhabit the sea.

Slylock Fox

Because like all Slylock Fox rogues he's a career criminal and committed some other crime soon after and got caught for that.

Moose and Molly

That seems like it would make your entire house really hot.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Um, Willie? Where are you?

Nice catch! How did he get there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Poor Peter is going to miss the best thing ever because he's too busy with the V-Day sex. :(

• Locked thread