Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"Hmm, I'm stuck with this beige Camry for a few years, I really need to jazz it up. I know! A ridiculous beige spoiler!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

If you've been here a while, you also note that there is literally no housing within a mile of LVMS.

Too bad you weren't here a few years back for this terrible car thing:

No clue who those people are, but for people who don't know, this Ford's owner was so gung-ho about being an Air Force cop that he paid to make his POV look like a law enforcement vehicle. After a lot of ridicule, he changed it to this:

Don't know what ever happened to that kid, but it's a shame we don't have his car to laugh at anymore.

This must be a fairly common thing. My sister's boyfriend is an Air Force MP (or whatever they call it) and he had "SECURITY FORCES" and other poo poo all over his Grand Cherokee until his CO told him to change it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Rhyno posted:

This must be a fairly common thing. My sister's boyfriend is an Air Force MP (or whatever they call it) and he had "SECURITY FORCES" and other poo poo all over his Grand Cherokee until his CO told him to change it.

Well, apparently this guy turned out to be... unhinged, and they booted him.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

InitialDave posted:

Richard Meaden drove the eighties TWR Jaguar XJS touring car for Evo about a month back, and he described the look on the face of the guy doing the noise check as being one of genuine disgust.

This is what it sounds like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhXLysNl-wE

Hopefully this will make y'all understand why V8 swaps are dumb. :colbert:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

We have a 94dB limit at Arizona Motorsports Park...

poo poo is loving retarded.

You forgot to mention that they made them close the track down for a few years with some bullshit legal wrangling.

But, yeah, that thing is literally in the flight path of loving F-16s at one of the busiest training bases in the nation. Apparently your motorcycle doesn't sound enough like FREEDOM :911:

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
My mom's van took some damage last night during part 2 of the Mid Atlantic storm.

Thankfully it was parked in the driveway and she was not in it when this happened.

There was about 3 more feet of limb that broke off after the impact.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
Male Neighbor requested a face to face chat.. very bizarre. Friendly and non confrontational but also he wont commit to saying I have sufficiently muffled my exhaust with the silencer... I am glad that I went ahead and ordered the datsun nuffler though.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

Their terrier just sent me a valentines day card.

14 February 2014
Dear drukqs,

Milo (femaleneighbor@comcast.net) has sent you a Jacquie Lawson e-card. If you haven't heard of us, you'll be pleasantly surprised! Our e-cards are known for their artistry and gentle humour.

drukqs fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 14, 2014

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
Snapped this picture last night at a small apartment complex.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

drukqs posted:

Male Neighbor requested a face to face chat.. very bizarre. Friendly and non confrontational but also he wont commit to saying I have sufficiently muffled my exhaust with the silencer... I am glad that I went ahead and ordered the datsun nuffler though.
Who is this guy? You've done enough. This dude is like teasing you along or something.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

Who is this guy? You've done enough. This dude is like teasing you along or something.

Yeah, it was extremely awkward.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

Citycop posted:

Snapped this picture last night at a small apartment complex.

Penis Wagon

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

drukqs posted:

[...]

This is the most hosed-up neighbor sex thread I've ever read.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
My local track doesn't have any limits either. In the middle of the woods surrounded by farmers and rednecks. They only care when idiots try to be ken block coming through the dirt access road.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

drukqs posted:

:allears:

This just keeps getting creepier better by the day.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

When's your lease up?

Because I'd consider moving away from these creeps. How the hell do they have your email address anyways?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

xzzy posted:

When's your lease up?

Because I'd consider moving away from these creeps. How the hell do they have your email address anyways?
Packet sniffing on his wifi?

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

I'm moving out in the next month or two.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

drukqs posted:

I'm moving out in the next month or two.

And you're going to all this trouble? To hell with them. You're leaving.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

metaxus posted:

And you're going to all this trouble? To hell with them. You're leaving.

I'd agree, except for the fact that they could call down the fury of the law upon him; it's probably best to just lay low for a month or two until it's no longer a problem.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

drukqs posted:

drukqs posted:

What in the ever living gently caress?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
The day you leave, you should be as loud as loving possible. Take off and run straight pipes.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date

drukqs posted:

14 February 2014
Dear drukqs,

Milo (femaleneighbor@comcast.net) has sent you a Jacquie Lawson e-card. If you haven't heard of us, you'll be pleasantly surprised! Our e-cards are known for their artistry and gentle humour.

You're definitely going to wake up in their rape dungeon, just so you know.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

At first I thought your neighbors were assholes. Now I realize they're just complete raving lunatics.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

shoopeach posted:

MSR Houston, MSR Cresson, Eagles Canyon, TWS, COTA, NOLA Motorsports, and No Problem Raceway are all tracks in my area that don't have noise limits. Harris Hill is the only one I've seen w/ any sort of restriction.

Are you local to NPR? I have a couple friends that run out that way since it's only about 45 minutes away.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

drukqs posted:

14 February 2014
Dear drukqs,

1) Set Wifi to WPA2, disable WPS.
2) Remove muffler from vehicle.
3) Send neighbor an invoice for the "faulty equipment".
4) Rev the piss out of motor at 3am.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

xzzy posted:

When's your lease up?

You do realize he has been pasting e-mails in this thread for days, right?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The neighbors are just working up their nerve now. You should go ahead and take all that silencer stuff off, because you're gonna want the other neighbors on the block awake to call 911 after they hear your abduction screams. If the police aren't on their way then you'll have to pull Milo into your well with a bucket and chicken bone so you have a bargaining chip.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Mercury Ballistic posted:

My mom's van took some damage last night during part 2 of the Mid Atlantic storm.

Thankfully it was parked in the driveway and she was not in it when this happened.

There was about 3 more feet of limb that broke off after the impact.

That looks like some early anti-theft device - The Wooden Club.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

xzzy posted:

"Hmm, I'm stuck with this beige Camry for a few years, I really need to jazz it up. I know! A ridiculous beige spoiler!"

All that extra sweet drag on the rear wheels in a fwd car. Dude must've netted like -5 whp with that.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Toymachine posted:

All that extra sweet drag on the rear wheels in a fwd car. Dude must've netted like -5 whp with that.

While I don't think that particular wing is actually going to do anything why is it you think that you only need downforce over the driving wheels?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gran Turismo.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

Crotch Fruit posted:

1) Set Wifi to WPA2, disable WPS.
2) Remove muffler from vehicle.
3) Send neighbor an invoice for the "faulty equipment".
4) Rev the piss out of motor at 3am.

I've done one better

tonight during a valentines bro-out/sausage/bachelor fest featuring scotch I've got the guy who owns "the highest horsepower single turbo 335i" on board to do some wee-hours redline bouncing in the near future

It will show that asking me to quiet my car is completely futile, and if these people want quiet they should probably find a house that isn't on our cities busiest 2 lane thoroughfare.

:siren: I AM A JERK WHO HATES THE TIMG TAG

I think two melon launchers will do the trick over my single melon launcher

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKGszY_V_c8&t=65s

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Post terrible table-breaking posts

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

drukqs posted:

I've got the guy who owns "the highest horsepower single turbo 335i" on board to do some wee-hours redline bouncing in the near future

Curious to hear more about this car. The most powerful single turbo 335i I've heard about makes 730hp.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Las Vegas.

I also saw a ford aerostar with the roof/doors cut off yesterday, but no photo of that pile.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Geirskogul posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Post terrible table-breaking posts

You haven't been able to break the tables on this forum in almost a decade.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Being where MSR Houston is located (down the road from my house a bit actually), there is no body around to complain about noise pollution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

DropShadow posted:

Curious to hear more about this car. The most powerful single turbo 335i I've heard about makes 730hp.

I'll text my friend and ask for some video links

I believe this vehicle was the test bed for the kit fftec developed and now sell