Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
People always bitch about Rorie's throat cancer sounds, but the Realmyst quick look reminded me of two vocal things I love about GB: Brad's stoner Wario "wa-haaagh" laugh and Alexis's chuckle that kind of sounds like a cat choking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cronox2 posted:

Can't wait to see what they thought of today's TLoU dlc add-on. It's relatively short but it's got a bunch of cool character moments in it. The Facebook integration is brilliant too.

I refuse to believe any Facebook integration is good, so spoil for me what is good about it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

I refuse to believe any Facebook integration is good, so spoil for me what is good about it.

It spreads cordyceps spores from your Facebook friends air vents

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
Man, the 12 year old inside me really wants the South Park game. I was truly surprised that the quick look got a few chuckles out of me.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

TheJoker138 posted:

Ellie throws a brick at anyone who posts a BuzzFeed link.

Gang Beasts is the hardest I've laughed at a GB video in a very long time

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

I was curious as well, but all I've found from a cursory Google search is that Ellie and her friend at one point step into a photo booth where you pose for snaps that can be uploaded to your Facebook page. Sooo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ovaries posted:

I was curious as well, but all I've found from a cursory Google search is that Ellie and her friend at one point step into a photo booth where you pose for snaps that can be uploaded to your Facebook page. Sooo.

My initial suspicions were correct. Spamming my wall with dumb video games pictures is maybe a bit better than spamming it with achievements or whatever, but not by much.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Honestly, at this point I'll take people spamming dumb video game pictures over the 90% of my facebook newsfeed that is just clickbait articles and "Which Game of Thrones character are you?" quizes.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
This opening to the Unprofessional Friday is one of the weirdest ones I've seen in a while. It starts off with a discussion on how to brew tea and then Jeff's reaction to the tea bag antics is marvelous.

Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007
I have never heard Jeff's voice go so high. That was amazing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I legit can't tell if Stick of Truth seems good or not. Like, I like South Park, I like RPGs but I legit can't tell if I want this still.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Seems like if you like Southpark and Paper Mario mechanics, this is a must-buy.

Almost, anyway. This is still Obsidian after all and I don't trust their launch days.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea if anything at this point the Obsidian brand is what makes me most preorder shy.

Still I'll most likely wind up getting it, I like how Brad described things, I love Paper Mario style RPG poo poo, and I'm a fan of the show so it's basically geared to me.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

I assume that Ubisoft's delay was meant to allow Obsidian to put some uncharacteristic polish on it. Here's hoping, anyhow. First time for everything.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's a pretty simple JRPG-style game, not an open world sequel like New Vegas or a huge branching story like Alpha Protocol. I don't think gamebreaking bugs are something to be worried about here.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Anyone got a link to the last Daily in the new and improved Lang Zone?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm irked by the silent protag', I expected dialogue trees. Actually interacting with the denizens of South Park would be a lot more interesting.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Watching that FFXIII-3 ql is pretty depressing after playing the awesome bravely default all week. It still seems to have the lovely problems that the last games in the 13 series had.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DrManiac posted:

Watching that FFXIII-3 ql is pretty depressing after playing the awesome bravely default all week. It still seems to have the lovely problems that the last games in the 13 series had.

Rest assured, it actually has a completely different set of lovely problems.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Bravely Default seems wholly uninteresting to me, probably because the story sounds so generic. I maintain my viewpoint that JRPG's are at their best when they're completely insane.

See, SMT3: Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 2, 13-2.

I mean sometimes I like their gameplay (Resonance of Fate has the best JRPG gameplay imo) but a generic story is way more of a turnoff to me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm just wondering when did Brad becomes the Gatekeeper of JRPG's of the group, especially over Patrick.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cityinthesea posted:

Bravely Default seems wholly uninteresting to me, probably because the story sounds so generic. I maintain my viewpoint that JRPG's are at their best when they're completely insane.

I mean sometimes I like their gameplay (Resonance of Fate has the best JRPG gameplay imo) but a generic story is way more of a turnoff to me.

I've played like an hour of the first Digital Devil Saga game, but got distracted by the Raidou Kuzunoha games and haven't gotten back to it in months. The amnesiac mysterious girl is probably my least favorite trope in JRPGs.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Tae posted:

I'm just wondering when did Brad becomes the Gatekeeper of JRPG's of the group, especially over Patrick.

Brad is the anime editor.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Strange Quark posted:

I've played like an hour of the first Digital Devil Saga game, but got distracted by the Raidou Kuzunoha games and haven't gotten back to it in months. The amnesiac mysterious girl is probably my least favorite trope in JRPGs.

Oh trust me, the first DDS game is simple and tame when it comes to plot. The SECOND game is where poo poo goes balls to the wall "What if SMT but instead of Abrahamic God we did Brahma?" and then keeps going.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Cityinthesea posted:

Yeah, I like insanity and that's probably the only reason why I'm semi interested in F13-3. Everyone's a billion years old and the world is ending. Shame the game looks bad & sad.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Did Brad really used to be able to read Japanese? Did he do a lot of import stuff for Gamespot or something?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Jeff tweeted this: http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Oh my god.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

OK, so http://www.twitch.tv/xkeeper_ is taking the inputs from the Pokemon stream and applying it to NES Tetris. How deep does this go?!!!?

Amazing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's a thread in Games for that pokemon stream. The game has been stuck on the same spot for like 8 hours because like 1/3 of the are trolls who want to stop progress.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3608908&perpage=40&pagenumber=21#pti14

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Cityinthesea posted:

I don't know, I've seen some things in Bravely Default that don't seem really generic. And I'm not even up to the game-changning plot twists that apparently occur in the middle of the game.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea if anything at this point the Obsidian brand is what makes me most preorder shy.

Still I'll most likely wind up getting it, I like how Brad described things, I love Paper Mario style RPG poo poo, and I'm a fan of the show so it's basically geared to me.

You should always be pre-order shy. It'll still be just as good when it's been out for a few days and any issues will be known.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It'll be even better two years later when its been packaged up into the Game of the Year edition with all the add-ons and the final patch for half the original price.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
For some reason, the south park video on youtube has some really awful comments in it and a whole load of dislikes.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Depths posted:

For some reason, the south park video on youtube has some really awful comments in it and a whole load of dislikes.

Sounds like YouTube, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a strong group of fans that dislike the fact that a South Park game is getting made (Let's be honest, there's been a lot of really bad licensed TV games).

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Someone probably bitching about Patrick or Jesus or something

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Somebody was railing in the Steam thread about that game. It's not even out yet how can it be hated?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

The Youtube commenters are mad because the Giant Bomb guys didn't think a "Jew" class was laught-out-loud funny? Wow.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Angryhead posted:

The Youtube commenters are mad because <incredibly dumb or trivial thing>
In the least surprising news at 11 ever: always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

kater posted:

Somebody was railing in the Steam thread about that game. It's not even out yet how can it be hated?

doesn't really look like a $60 game I guess

• Locked thread