Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Proxy Switchy, Hola Better Internet, Proxify, just some plugins off the top of my head that people have had success with. There is really no reason to be locked out of content right now.
WHEEEEW

:peter:

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
It was nice of NBC to show 5 minutes of curling highlights before cutting to high school track in New York

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice
Old dude Kasai (41) grabs the silver medal in large death leap :woop:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

you irl posted:

It was nice of NBC to show 5 minutes of curling highlights before cutting to high school track in New York

They broadcast highschool track? What the gently caress?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Agrajag posted:

They broadcast highschool track? What the gently caress?

What? You expect them to actually show the Olympics?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Paradox Personified posted:

Proxy Switchy, Hola Better Internet, Proxify, just some plugins off the top of my head that people have had success with. There is really no reason to be locked out of content right now.

I've tried multiple different proxies via foxyproxy and, at least to me, they were not working to anything cbc.ca related (assuming cbc's rejecting traffic).

edit: also, gently caress the smug "There's NO reason to be locked out of content right now" comment.
I shouldn't have to dig up shady rear end proxies just to watch decent coverage of a global sporting event that my own country helps sponsor.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

Are you using H1/L1 truly anonymous proxies with cleared cookies and cache and poo poo just in case they tag people, or transparent low-level proxies? Differences might matter.
Hahahahah yeahhhh this should be in the olympics.

oh god no :smith:

hahaha yay again;

Lookit his little legs all floppin' around. :unsmith:

Hey it wasn't smug, it was offense at the fact that people have to be locked out in the first place. Calm your tittybaby rear end down.

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 15, 2014

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Big Beef City posted:

I've tried multiple different proxies via foxyproxy and, at least to me, they were not working to anything cbc.ca related (assuming cbc's rejecting traffic).

edit: also, gently caress the smug "There's NO reason to be locked out of content right now" comment.
I shouldn't have to dig up shady rear end proxies just to watch decent coverage of a global sporting event that my own country helps sponsor.

Blame your own lovely country.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Agrajag posted:

Blame your own lovely country.

ok?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hahahahahahahahahaha! gently caress you, NBC.

"Here's the highly edited events we'll show you for the next three hours. Oh, and a non-zero amount of those three hours will be spent listening to Grandpa Emeritus Tom Brokaw ramble about the Space Race."

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Are you using H1/L1 truly anonymous proxies with cleared cookies and cache and poo poo just in case they tag people, or transparent low-level proxies? Differences might matter.
Hahahahah yeahhhh this should be in the olympics.

Last year a russian dude let a couple of tourists roll off a mountain with that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM3-eUgpoxo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

heh yeah but your country only helps sponsor it so that cable providers can make big money charging people to watch it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I loving know that. Jesus christ. I'm only saying it sucks to deal with.

Edit: as I said before, NBC is dumb as hell for not just letting people buy stream access. That's all I really want.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 15, 2014

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

He adopted all those puppies and is taking them back to the U.S. with him. Those dogs are going to be very happy. :unsmith:

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

A Pale Horse posted:

He adopted all those puppies and is taking them back to the U.S. with him. Those dogs are going to be very happy. :unsmith:

How'd he deal with the mother that was still with them?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

How'd he deal with the mother that was still with them?

Turns out she was just a tarp

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
In one of the Canadian hockey games they showed like 3 minutes of the Canadian bench trying to pick tarp off the ice with their stick.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

ChairmanMeow posted:

In one of the Canadian hockey games they showed like 3 minutes of the Canadian bench trying to pick tarp off the ice with their stick.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

What the hell is that?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Agrajag posted:

What the hell is that?

Tarp

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Agrajag posted:

What the hell is that?

The result of too many concussions :saddowns:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Jesus, Canada.

Get another guy in there and use your sticks like tweezers!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Media Hint for Chrome has been working really well for me.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

WHICH tarp though? Ceiling tarp? Wall tarp?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

WHICH tarp though? Ceiling tarp? Wall tarp?

Ice tarp clearly.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
So was he able to get it out of the ice?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Yeah, judging by the score on the gif, that dude's quest to remove ice debris was the most interesting part of that game.

Don't leave us hanging, Canadian goons!

goat manilla
Nov 13, 2003

I've been following this guide to watch the stream through BBC from the US.

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-watch-the-sochi-olympics-online-without-a-cable-1520922129

It's worked flawlessly. Hardly any hiccups. Nice, solid connection.

e: it says you need to restart your computer a bunch but you don't. Just manually change your ipv4 DNS servers click ok then you're set.

goat manilla fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 15, 2014

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

They were up 6 - 0 well into the third, the best hockey player in the world was probably bored off his rear end at that point.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Doctor Butts posted:

They were up 6 - 0 well into the third, the best hockey player in the world was probably bored off his rear end at that point.

Getting that debris out of the ice is hardly what I would call boring.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Agrajag posted:

Hockey really is the only sport worth watching for pure athletic excitement and the IOC wanted to get rid of women's hockey. Get hosed IOC.

This is from a while back but I wanted to remind everyone that the IOC have always been a bunch of shut-in nerds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...ars-on-ice.html
http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2010/feb/27/canada-ice-hockey-winter-olympics

quote:

26 Feb 2010
Victorious players emerged from the dressing room, still in their uniforms and with gold medals hanging from their necks, more than half an hour after beating the United States 2-0.

During their impromptu celebration on the Vancouver ice rink Haley Irwin was pictured pouring champagne into the mouth of team-mate Tessa Bonhomme, while another player tried to drive the ice-resurfacing machine and honked the horn.

Supporters said the events were simply a traditional ice hockey celebration following what was a highly emotional moment for Canada as it hosts the Winter Olympics.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It's like if Starbuck played hockey.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Those girls earned those cigars and beer.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
IOC can go die in a plane crash. Those assholes are a bunch of self important poo poo turds.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

they were just upset they didn't get a cut of the victory champagne #totallynotcorrupt

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

they were just upset they didn't get a cut of the victory champagne #totallynotcorrupt

"We were told we would have exclusive access to drunkenly driving your Zambonis, and now you let your athletes drive them?!"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol

also

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

etalian posted:

lol

also

This poo poo right here, this is the good poo poo.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
I feel bad for you Americans dealing with NBC, my TV provider has 10 CBC channels showing live events, then the main local CBC channel shows a mix of everything Olympic while they're occurring and then a few hours later all the Canadian events go up on Video on Demand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

neckbeard posted:

I feel bad for you Americans dealing with NBC, my TV provider has 10 CBC channels showing live events, then the main local CBC channel shows a mix of everything Olympic while they're occurring and then a few hours later all the Canadian events go up on Video on Demand

That stinks of communism.

• Locked thread