Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I'm not sure how to feel about any of this yet, except:

1. Hound and the purple triceratops robot look fantastic

Face sculpt of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Glad to see the legends rumor seems to be bogus. Now Imma go grumble at someone.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Swerve!

Cosmos!

Tailgate!

There is a chance! :neckbeard:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh my god I overpaid for two little legends guys. But the good news is they're not being canceled!

THE COSMOS CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN!

*edit*

The Mash-Up guys are honestly Action masters 2.0. They also have a shitload of fan references because they have a Megatron figure that can combine bits with Skywarp, similar to the canned G1 toy that had Megatron Transform into Skywarp.

Also Are they counting the Movie generations guys with the same numbering system as regular generations guys? Because I'm curious if those are playing a part in the 73 new generations figures for 2014.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 15, 2014

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also Are they counting the Movie generations guys with the same numbering system as regular generations guys? Because I'm curious if those are playing a part in the 73 new generations figures for 2014.
They definitely are, there's no way Generations is selling well enough to justify 73 + n AoE generations toys.

Pretty loving radical news though. I can't get over that bit Blackheart quoted - What is there to complain about, other than complete ridiculousness?

And god that leader Jetfire looks hot.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Skybyte and Jetfire look loving amazing. That said, it would be cool if Jetfire had a more cartoon style backpack than a Macross style one, but he's still really rad.

Also, oddly Grimlock seems to be gold \ brown but in the movie trailer he's grey so I dunno what gives.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

They definitely are, there's no way Generations is selling well enough to justify 73 + n AoE generations toys.

Pretty loving radical news though. I can't get over that bit Blackheart quoted - What is there to complain about, other than complete ridiculousness?

And god that leader Jetfire looks hot.

It looks like Movie Generations are an entirely different packaging than regular Generations though. I hope this doesn't lead to line confusion or whatever business that was going on with Regular ROTF and HFTD/RTS. Because that simply meant retailers would never stock the right things.

Also leader jetfire's cockpit looks like it folds up into the back and forms like a spine for the figure. It's not left just hanging off the back.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Wait, so are these the "Generations" movie figures people are saying look good?

Because, uh...they really don't. Am I looking at the wrong pics? And that Leader Grimlock is atrocious.

But all the IDW/G1 homage Generations stuff looks fantastic, especially Roadbuster, Jetfire and Sky Byte, so I'm pretty happy with what they've shown so far. Fingers crossed for an Arcee reveal tomorrow.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
That Jetfire wants to get on my must-buy list. It's tempting. But I already have Henkei Skyfire and Blackfire. MP Grimlock re-released is a smart move, what with the movie tie-in of course. And Tailgate omg.

I sincerely feel bad for die-hard collectors. Masterpiece OP is, to put briefly, the best transformer toy I've ever seen. I've tried for hours to find something not positive to say about it and all I've come up is "his thumbs don't move". It's as if over 30 years of toy engineering have led to this. Everything about it is spot on. Diecast matrix, firm joints, expressive headsculpt; the best way to describe this thing is that someone watched the old cartoons and made a super-poseable statue of him.
Only it also transforms.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Wait, so are these the "Generations" movie figures people are saying look good?

Because, uh...they really don't. Am I looking at the wrong pics? And that Leader Grimlock is atrocious.

But all the IDW/G1 homage Generations stuff looks fantastic, especially Roadbuster, Jetfire and Sky Byte, so I'm pretty happy with what they've shown so far. Fingers crossed for an Arcee reveal tomorrow.

Those are the wrong pictures.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Those are the wrong pictures.

God forbid you post the right ones, then.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/15/transformers-rise-of-the-dark-spark-announce-trailer

Announce trailer for the new console game.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Ka0 posted:

That Jetfire wants to get on my must-buy list. It's tempting. But I already have Henkei Skyfire and Blackfire. MP Grimlock re-released is a smart move, what with the movie tie-in of course. And Tailgate omg.

I sincerely feel bad for die-hard collectors. Masterpiece OP is, to put briefly, the best transformer toy I've ever seen. I've tried for hours to find something not positive to say about it and all I've come up is "his thumbs don't move". It's as if over 30 years of toy engineering have led to this. Everything about it is spot on. Diecast matrix, firm joints, expressive headsculpt; the best way to describe this thing is that someone watched the old cartoons and made a super-poseable statue of him.
Only it also transforms.

Please, tell me more about how awesome he is. Nevermind the fact that I missed out on him.

At least I have the original Masterpiece Prime.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

I have been geeking out for hours on Twitter. Roadbuster looks great, Jetfire is a must buy, Sky Byte looks wonderful, re-issue Grimlock and the Legends line is not dead.

Also, after seeing the movie stuff I know for sure I want nothing to do with the line. There's just nothing there that looks good to me, which is a relief because there's already a lot of stuff I'm going to be buying in 2014.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

God forbid you post the right ones, then.

Well according to the press release it seems to be official, movie generations are their own line and will not interfere with regular generations.

This means they will not have another Bumblebee released in Classic Generations ever again.

Can anyone confirm that Nightbeat is now the Goldfire mold and not the RTS jazz one? It was brought up but nobody showed any pictures.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Must have Roadbuster and Jetfire

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

You Am I posted:

Must have Roadbuster and Jetfire

Yeah Roadbuster is nice, but change the head around and he'll make a much better and awesome Thunderclash.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Aw, man, was the ONLY way to get another WFC sequel to cram crappy movie stuff in there? That's depressing.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Welp, Evasion mode Optimus looks like the answer to the absurd non-availability of MP Prime.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Steve Vader posted:

Aw, man, was the ONLY way to get another WFC sequel to cram crappy movie stuff in there? That's depressing.

Think of it this way, it keeps the WFC Dinobots relevant to release more toys.

I mean they've already got a G1 styled swoop for the Masher figures. A g1 swoop figure that doesn't break like glass.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's awesome that they're re-releasing Grimlock, I passed on him the first time, not making that mistake again! And this mans maybe they'll reissue MP-10 at some point too. Gonna also need that Jetfire. Now if I could just find a Rhinox and Waspinator life would be good!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

It's awesome that they're re-releasing Grimlock, I passed on him the first time, not making that mistake again! And this mans maybe they'll reissue MP-10 at some point too. Gonna also need that Jetfire. Now if I could just find a Rhinox and Waspinator life would be good!

MP-10 is platinum Year of the Horse Optimus Prime.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
What the gently caress is happening with Hound's arms?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Magic posted:

What the gently caress is happening with Hound's arms?

He has accordion arms in the movie. Like this isn't even a joke, that's his special power or some bullshit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, I am blown away by a lot of these Generations figures.

And wow, I really, really was not expecting the fan-made fembot(that's what she is, right?) to be anything approaching good, but not only does she look good in robot mode, but the jet mode looks to incorporate her legs and such in a way I don't think many jetformers have before, which is interesting! Some flaws, such as her being like 80% legs and the robot high heels, but eh.

Roadbuster, Rattrap, Jetfire, and Sky-Bite all look incredible, really blew me away.

And let's see if I can't offload my old TRU Grimlock(who I still have the box for for some reason) and use that money to buy a new Grimlock plus have a bit left over.

edit: wow, I am really digging the combination of dinosaur and medieval knight aesthetic the movie Dinobots are rolling with. I really didn't expect to like Slug's look when I heard he was red and purple, but he looks rad, same goes for the raptors and Grimlock.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 16, 2014

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

omg is that High Moon Studios? Please lord tell me it's High Moon Studios because it'll be a travesty if it isn't.

Edit: Aaaaand it's not.

http://www.examiner.com/article/transformers-rise-of-the-dark-spark-announced-3ds-version-to-be-strategy-rpg

THat kinda tempers my expectations summat.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 16, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nightbeat looks pretty spot on with his comics counterpart. Much better than the jazz mold. Now to get Siren and Hothead in some fashion to complete the Headmaster Trifecta.

Also I'm prepared to have Waspinator become the next Seeker-esque thing. That original and the repaint plus the two other eventual uses of the figure are going to give 4 recolors in total.

No Ratbat though, I'm surprised. Maybe he'll be shown with Arcee and the later figures.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I am so sad they hosed up Jhiaxus's colors I can't even tell you.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Zaa Boogie posted:

omg is that High Moon Studios? Please lord tell me it's High Moon Studios because it'll be a travesty if it isn't.

Edit: Aaaaand it's not.

http://www.examiner.com/article/transformers-rise-of-the-dark-spark-announced-3ds-version-to-be-strategy-rpg

THat kinda tempers my expectations summat.

Edge of Reality is no slouch, though. They've done a lot of ports, but Incredible Hulk 2008 is a surprisingly good open world smash-'em-up and Loadout is the new hotness in PC F2P shooters. It may not be High Moon, but they didn't hand it off to a bunch of hacks.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I am so sad they hosed up Jhiaxus's colors I can't even tell you.

http://tfu.info/2003/Decepticon/Jhiaxus/jhiaxus.htm

Looks pretty spot on to me.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I assume he wanted a more G2 Jhiaxus deco, as did I. G2 Jhiaxus was cool.

Y'know what those dino AoE deluxes look quite appealing (official images are up on tfw if you wanna take a look). They don't even have your typical moviebot faces.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Wonder no more about where Jetfire's cockpit goes!

I'm still 100% okay with this, I give no shits about that back kibble.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Also I believe one of Harmony Gold's things when it comes to suing people for Robotech infringement is a transforming jet with a cockpit chest. By putting the jet cockpit on the back and using a fake one for the front, Hasbro can make the jet mode much more Valkyrie-ish and thus more accurate to Jetfire, while giving Harmony Gold a much-deserved finger.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Blackheart posted:

I assume he wanted a more G2 Jhiaxus deco, as did I. G2 Jhiaxus was cool.

If they want to do an homage to RID Jhiaxus I don't begrudge them that, but trying to split it down the middle like this is just idiotic. It's like I wished for a Jhiaxus on the monkey's paw, and was thus cursed to repaint that abortion.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

If they want to do an homage to RID Jhiaxus I don't begrudge them that, but trying to split it down the middle like this is just idiotic. It's like I wished for a Jhiaxus on the monkey's paw, and was thus cursed to repaint that abortion.

We've gotten a lot of figures like that already.

However this probably will not be the last we see of Jhiaxus. He's probably going to get another size class or something. Be it Legend or Voyager.

We still haven't seen everything else in the computer listings. like Gnaw, Brawn, Outback, Legend Thudnercracker, legend Skywarp, Leader Megatron, Voyager brainstorm, and the remaining deluxes like Arceee. One of them might serve as another Jhiaxus 2.0 or something.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 16, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Some of those figures are great looking, though only the Raptor guy in the Movie stuff looks remotely neat. Sort of disappointed in nightbeat, as I dislike the BB/GB mold, and he's not a headmaster. The ankle transfomation on the mold is just a pain, and I feel like I'm going to break it every time I try to go from robot to car, plus mine cannot hold his weapons worth anything. Wow, Sky-byte out of nowhere.

Picked up the Mini-con team, man I love that thing. The combined robot is only "meh," but the individual robots are awesome in that G1 microbot feeling they have. It's just like messing with the old Warpath or Cosmos, but with better posability. As much as new Scoop's vehicle mode is weak, he just feels great in robot mode, it looks just like what I'd picture a better G1 scoop as. I also love how you can give him the G1 mono-leg because of his transformation.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

We've gotten a lot of figures like that already.

However this probably will not be the last we see of Jhiaxus. He's probably going to get another size class or something. Be it Legend or Voyager.

We still haven't seen everything else in the computer listings. like Gnaw, Brawn, Outback, Legend Thudnercracker, legend Skywarp, Leader Megatron, Voyager brainstorm, and the remaining deluxes like Arceee. One of them might serve as another Jhiaxus 2.0 or something.

Yeah, sorry if I came off as overly bitter, Jhiaxus is just my No. 1 most wanted figure, and I would've taken a G2 or IDW version. I'm not one of those "we just got this character but it's not good enough!!" people, either-- I'm totally cool with my classics Galvatron and Octane, for instance. But that leader Jetfire is closer to an ideal Jhiaxus than that deluxe.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Yeah, sorry if I came off as overly bitter, Jhiaxus is just my No. 1 most wanted figure, and I would've taken a G2 or IDW version. I'm not one of those "we just got this character but it's not good enough!!" people, either-- I'm totally cool with my classics Galvatron and Octane, for instance. But that leader Jetfire is closer to an ideal Jhiaxus than that deluxe.

Yeah but they said over 70+ figures are going to be released for generations this year. Now lets assume that we still get the same number of G1 figures this year and the other 20 or so are movie guys. We only now just got wave 1 of the 2014 deluxes and there's still voyagers and legends that we only know two waves down the line for. Those are not a majority of the figures. And everything is going to be repainted at least once. I mean other than Universe Hound, Cheetor, Windcharger, Perceptor, and Dinobot, everything from the previous classics line was repainted and had a mass release.

Let's also not forget that Jhiaxus never was designed to be made into a toy in the first place. His alt mode makes no real sense to how his robot mode looks.

I'd wager his G2 body is gonna be a brainstorm repaint because G1 Brainstorm has the closest look.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 16, 2014

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

An Angry Bug posted:

Welp, Evasion mode Optimus looks like the answer to the absurd non-availability of MP Prime.

I am probably more interested in that mold than I have any right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Also I believe one of Harmony Gold's things when it comes to suing people for Robotech infringement is a transforming jet with a cockpit chest. By putting the jet cockpit on the back and using a fake one for the front, Hasbro can make the jet mode much more Valkyrie-ish and thus more accurate to Jetfire, while giving Harmony Gold a much-deserved finger.

The only thing that would make it better is a label on the Leader Class box that says: "Suck it, HG!"