Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sage Grimm posted:

TSM may have had weakness in shotcalling from losing Regi? Jatt, what are you on?

This is a potentially true thing. Regi basically ran all the strategy on TSM when he was mid. Shotcalling is pretty important in competitive play. Of course, replacing him with Bjergsen you cover for the lack of shotcalling with incredible mechanical play and champion pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Sage Grimm posted:

TSM may have had weakness in shotcalling from losing Regi? Jatt, what are you on?

I think his point was that often times, even a bad shotcaller is better than no shotcaller. See also: Why Curse brought Saint back as support because noone else was making the calls. Not that TSM has that problem, but in a theoretical situation where noone steps up after Regi leaves, they could have ended up stronger individually but weaker as a team from a lack of direction. The point has merit in general even if it's pretty far off in the specific case of TSM.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Speaking off, does anyone know who the main shotcaller is on the various big teams? Like, if a team wins a teamfight and one guy calls Baron and another calls inhibitor, who has the final call on Gambit, C9, TSM, etc?

I think Diamond and Alex do most of Gambits strategy but I don't know who trumps who if they disagree while ingame.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sage Grimm posted:

TSM's one loss was because of their lack of shot calling.

The rest of the games TSM has won largely to their dominant laning though when they avenged their loss to C9 They showed some good shot calling with their repeated bush ganks.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
I watched an interview with Faker recently where he said they don't even have a dedicated shotcaller, and instead they all handle it, like what TSM says. That interview was somewhat old, though, so I don't know if that's changed.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
I feel like everyone is watching Odoamne do amazing things on Trundle on Cloud 9 Eclipse and they think they can pull off the same thing, but I have seen maybe one Trundle in all the games he has been in that worked.

Deathshot
Feb 15, 2014
TSM TSM TSM! I can't help it. I became a Bjergsen fanboy. I do feel that Regi is a better coach than player. Don't get me wrong he is good but he is a 50/50.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

"scarra is giving him all the inches"

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I'm kind of sad that NA and EU have slowly started following Korea's trend of not using Jinx... she's such a fun champion.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I don't understand the Nid pick here at all.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

A lot of this early game has been a great example of weak TSM shot calling getting in the way of their superior laning.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Killed By Death posted:

Poke comp.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Jesus, Dig is one of the best teams in NA. Goddamn.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Killed By Death posted:

She's great with Mundo, Caitlyn and Annie.

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007

Killed By Death posted:

Caitlyn and Nidalee poke while Mundo, Vi and Annie make it difficult to engage them.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Austrian mook posted:

Jesus, Dig is one of the best teams in NA. Goddamn.

This statement becomes less and less true the closer to a baron they get.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

See.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dig shits the bed 3 times in a row at Baron lol

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Kiwikid, what the hell were you thinking?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I'm sure Bjerg was just flashing to try to avoid death to cait ult but that still owned.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, I love Dig and this is why. I'm loving dying here. :laffo:

Best team NA

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
It's like Metal Gear guards except real.

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!

ApeHawk posted:

Kiwikid, what the hell were you thinking?

He was looking for Scarra who suddenly disappeared in a bush.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
loving Kiwikid, jesus christ. Well golly gee, I guess I'd better go put that ward down now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Xpecial's hooks have been nuts this game.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jayisspecial posted:

I feel like everyone is watching Odoamne do amazing things on Trundle on Cloud 9 Eclipse and they think they can pull off the same thing, but I have seen maybe one Trundle in all the games he has been in that worked.

Here's Dyrus making GBS threads all over Cruzer with Trundle for ya

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just goes to show ya.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It keeps happening!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

4 person Panth ult was awesome

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Oh my god I love this lovely team.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Pantheon / Khazix is the ultimate poke comp counter.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Looks like Dig was more focused on throwing the game than throwing spears and cleavers.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ApeHawk posted:

Looks like Dig was more focused on throwing the game than throwing spears and cleavers.

It's America, you go big or you go home.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Please tell me someone else heard the interpretation of Sivir's "Better duck" line that Phreak just busted out.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Power of Pecota posted:

Please tell me someone else heard the interpretation of Sivir's "Better duck" line that Phreak just busted out.

I got you covered, buddy.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
The meta balance is completely busted, as far as I can tell there is only one thing that matters for winning at the moment: picking Shyvana or Trundle. These heroes are unkillable, do massive damage, cannot be removed from lane, have incredible movespeed, can zone and then singlehandedly kill the opposing backline, and are always the last ones standing at the end of a 8 or 9 death fight. So silly and boring.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Its my favorite player...Smeb

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
3rd match of SKT vs IM at OGN Masters starting soon

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Man, it's the worst when your OGN subscription ends and you're facing off with that non-sub blurriness again. Is it worth subbing for March? I'm not sure what upcoming events there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Digital Jedi posted:

3rd match of SKT vs IM at OGN Masters starting soon

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

Oh man, always a good time to watch some faker.

E: Impact Ham as gently caress on that tower dive

Austrian mook fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 16, 2014

• Locked thread