Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ElMaligno posted:

look at all those non coasties posting :allears:

Do smallboat stations get security inspections? the thought of a BMCM freaking the gently caress out because of security inspection makes me giggle like a hypersensitive puertorican anime girl.

i love my dead gay ptsd dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
alright gents lets post up evals and LESs to see who has the most 7s and seatime

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

genderstomper58 posted:

literally the only time the officer is the decent person in a service thread hooyah

I used to bbe a enlisted...

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

nwin posted:

I used to bbe a enlisted...

oh

*erases whiteboard*

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

krispykremessuck posted:

yes, and OIC quals get yanked for dumb poo poo so they can be understandably jumpy about guns comsec and money

This is completely loving on-point, though. Officers In Charge have all the right in the world to sperg over crazy poo poo due to how often they get relieved. Looking back, it's absolutely insane the poo poo they have to know and are responsible for.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

genderstomper58 posted:

oh

*erases whiteboard*

Easy come, easy go!

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

nwin posted:

This is completely loving on-point, though. Officers In Charge have all the right in the world to sperg over crazy poo poo due to how often they get relieved. Looking back, it's absolutely insane the poo poo they have to know and are responsible for.

Yeah but when you have two stellar sailors like BM2 Fat Weirdo Airsofter and OS3 Prolly Illegal Sensitive Guy you're not gonna report any mistakes right? Sorry, outsider here(non DHS) and am trying to get a good view into the mind of someone who could reprimand such an exceptional Poster and Forums Brother.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

genderstomper58 posted:

Yeah but when you have two stellar sailors like BM2 Fat Weirdo Airsofter and OS3 Prolly Illegal Sensitive Guy you're not gonna report any mistakes right? Sorry, outsider here(non DHS) and am trying to get a good view into the mind of someone who could reprimand such an exceptional Poster and Forums Brother.

Oh man if I could show you the CG world of far more fatter people, GMs that do airsoft, creepers, literal illegals and people with bigger manginas than mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ElMaligno posted:

Oh man if I could show you the CG world of far more fatter people, GMs that do airsoft, creepers, literal illegals and people with bigger manginas than mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s

OS3, please don't reply when I'm talking to a superior. Thanks. Lest the ghost of PTSDad come and beat you.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

genderstomper58 posted:

OS3, please don't reply when I'm talking to a superior. Thanks. Lest the ghost of PTSDad come and beat you.

Yo bro there is this thing called chain of command, so you talk to the bottom of the poo poo pile (me) then work your way up. If you don't like it just bitch about it in the drunk thread.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ElMaligno posted:

Yo bro there is this thing called chain of command, so you talk to the bottom of the poo poo pile (me) then work your way up. If you don't like it just bitch about it in the drunk thread.

I'm not familiar with DHS protocol, please don't be incensed that I'm slightly ignorant. Cheers.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4782038

Never knew this was even a thing...

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Me either, gently caress PETA though they can go right to hell.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Elendil004 posted:

Me either, gently caress PETA though they can go right to hell.

For all the bad PETA does, they can do good. Like their yearly giveaway of straw and dog houses to shelter outdoor dogs. Also all of the animal rescues they pull off. If they stuck to just helping disenfranchised animals and kept their mouth shut, they'd be one hell of an organization.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I wonder what PETA hell is? Forced fur coats inside of a butcher shop?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

While its loving horrifying that the CG is doing this poo poo, I would also love to remind people that while PETA operates "humane shelters" nationwide they end up euthanize a lot of animals a year.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

How do you propose to do live tissue training without ... live tissue?

I mean the real question is why the CG is doing it on its own in the first place, and not just piggybacking on a DoD program, but the first question is still valid.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

That's what I'm most surprised by. I figured we would just do some DoD training, not reinvent the wheel.

Unless this is part of the blackwater training? Never gone patforswa so p. much talking out of my rear end at this point.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

nwin posted:

That's what I'm most surprised by. I figured we would just do some DoD training, not reinvent the wheel.

Unless this is part of the blackwater training? Never gone patforswa so p. much talking out of my rear end at this point.

It could be, it's a HuffPo article. They're not known for journalistic integrity, but it definitely reads as if its something the Coast Guard is doing itself. I have a hard time with the idea that I was in for 11 years and had my hands in close to just about everything the CG did and never once heard of this.

Including with PATFORSWA training.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

krispykremessuck posted:

How do you propose to do live tissue training without ... live tissue?

Instead of using still living animals, how about humanely euthanized animals?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ElMaligno posted:

Right. Dead animals will definitely simulate live tissue. 100%. Without a doubt the best course of action.

I assume the animals are completely sedated and euthanized then barbecued, if thats the case I'm alright with this.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

Can't really do live tissue training with dead animals. The point of live tissue training is that circulatory and nervous systems are still intact and functioning. The idea is to simulate as closely as possible to the real thing.

Think of training for BDS, but with actual blood and gore instead of goofy DCTT props. It's a really good way to train people, and to see who is going to pass out dealing with battle-dressing situations.

As a reminder, I don't really understand why the CG itself would be doing this either way. I just understand the utility and value of live tissue training.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Right. Dead animals will definitely simulate live tissue. 100%. Without a doubt the best course of action.

I know, its till a very cruel and inhumane thing to do.

quote:

I assume the animals are completely sedated and euthanized then barbecued, if thats the case I'm alright with this.

If this is how things end, then I am completely OK with this.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
It's been a long time since we made fun of that Elendil dipshit for being a fat retard, getting kicked out of the Coast Guard, and then spending the next few years taking airsoft pictures/purchasing military gear to play airsoft in.

Has he killed himself yet or what's the deal there?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
some of the photos from Elendil's follow on portfolio of pictures, from his professional photography business:

very pro stuff, very avant garde

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
holy poo poo lmfao i forgot the elendil went to QP's funeral despite having never met him or even talked to him online

hi QP's mom the internet sends our condolences, hold on, i gotta go tonsil deep on this ham hock

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
snip

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 24, 2014

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

It's too bad that when we get new posts in this thread that it's simply people attempting to troll me. I'm glad I am so important to the lot of you.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

:barf:

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Strung Out Bitches Photography, LLC.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
it's cool that elendil eschews one of the central tenets of portraiture. that is, making your subject look better than they do irl

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

it's cool that elendil eschews one of the central tenets of portraiture. that is, making your subject look better than they do irl

You don't know that they didn't look worse than they do now.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Elendil004 posted:

It's too bad that when we get new posts in this thread that it's simply people attempting to troll me. I'm glad I am so important to the lot of you.

Fly away trolls

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
no ones trying to troll you elendil i dont think anyone cares if you respond, we just want to laugh @ the disaster that is your cosplay lifestyle

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Elendil004 posted:

You don't know that they didn't look worse than they do now.

Pretty funny that the only clients you can get for your "business" then are crackwhores and lepers.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

well I'm pretty sure you used vigo of carpathia as one of your models up there so uh ...

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

krispykremessuck posted:

well I'm pretty sure you used vigo of carpathia as one of your models up there so uh ...

lmbo

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
still cant believe this idiot who basically lied about being a FLEO got people to pay him for "tactical training" but then again airsoft people are basically the worlds dumbest morons so idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

lol gip goon are so godammed crazy and goony

• Locked thread