Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

bpower posted:

I like this idea. The streets would burn when everyone realised how unequal wealth distribution is in the US. Armed revolution a week after the first vote, the military mutinies the next week, full communism in two months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Sweeney Tom posted:

"Yes! We believe marriage is that important!"

*does not protest divorce*

What about those covenant marriage things where you can only get divorced if you're at the point where DV or adultery is going on?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Wolfsheim posted:

I wonder how freep would react when you pointed out that, under their more money = more votes system, Jay-Z's one vote alone would outweigh all of freep combined?

Don't forget George Soros! He'd have what, 20 billion votes? I bet Freep would love that.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
After all this I wonder what Freep thinks of common law marriage recognized under full faith and credit.

I'm sure the answer is 'sluts/floozies...etc'

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Don't forget George Soros! He'd have what, 20 billion votes? I bet Freep would love that.

Obviously you get rid of the Jews first before you enshrine plutocracy in the Constitution.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet would have more, and wouldn't vote the way Freep wants most of the time.

VitalSigns posted:

Obviously you get rid of the Jews first before you enshrine plutocracy in the Constitution.

And you'd need another unskewing method to eliminate them, AFAIK.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mind Loving Owl posted:

What about those covenant marriage things where you can only get divorced if you're at the point where DV or adultery is going on?

That sounds awful. Can't imagine being trapped in a loveless marriage where the only way out is to do something morally repugnant like that.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Thankfully it's only an option in four states, I'm sure you can guess which ones. Some might say it's not harmful because it's not mandatory but who in the gently caress goes into a marriage expecting failure?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

But they want income tax dollars to be one vote. Nobody spends billions on taxes in a year.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

But they want income tax dollars to be one vote. Nobody spends billions on taxes in a year.

quote:

To: C19fan
His plan is very viable.

When a person goes to vote they would have to bring a card from the IRS that shows their income for the previous year.

If their income was $125,000 they would have 125,000 votes and the person with an income of $20,0000 would get 20,000 votes.

16 posted on 2/14/2014 1:36:51 PM by Oliviaforever
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Ironically, under that law the largest corporations (*which are people too!) should get negative votes, since most pay zero in taxes and still get subsidies.

Of course, if that blatant feudalism were to pass I'm sure they'd let slip a few million in tax revenue to buy a state/block seat of senators.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jesus fuckin Christ these people are idiots.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
So Warren Buffett could establish residency in Wyoming, Nick Hanauer in Montana etc. and personally evict all Republican senators from the west. Great idea!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SedanChair posted:

So Warren Buffett could establish residency in Wyoming, Nick Hanauer in Montana etc. and personally evict all Republican senators from the west. Great idea!

Please, Warren Buffet would obviously stick to making Nebraska into a deep blue state.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SwitchbladeKult posted:

"Help reclaim the culture for Christ. Download this two-part, free resource today!"

Can you link us to these "resources"? I really want to see what kind of crazy is contained within.

Here's the link, it's a sign-up form where they email you a link to their garbage and probably sell all your info off to whoever's got enough :10bux:.

https://focusonthefamily.webconnex....03&refcd=197503

Both of their "resource" links redirect to this same page, but this one seems to be the front page of this little charade.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/soc...03&refcd=197503

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Fresno Obama FReep after action report and pics!!

quote:

We were a little late getting to the airport and then drove around a bit looking for the TEA party group. Couldn't find them. Saw a group of peaceniks protesting Obama and was tempted to join them, but drove on. Saw four or five groups of civilians standing around waiting to pay homage to their king, but no obvious protesters other than Peace Fresno. Finally spotted a group of adoring Obama fans with an empty spot nearby, not a parking space, but a space just large enough for our van. So asked Chris to pull over and leave the ramp down as if we were loading/unloading.

I asked Chris to write "Obama Lied!" on a signboard and bring it out to me after I joined the group. I rolled over to them and then Chris brought me my sign and I sat innocently with my back to the group for a little while.

quote:

No one noticed me at first. I spotted a guy right behind me who had "USMC" on the back of his hat, so I greeted him with, "Semper Fi!" He turned and shook my hand, then saw my sign and instantly turned back to the crowd.

I then shouted out, "Obama lied and people died!!"

Now, that started a commotion. Soon had quite a dialog going. Told them Obama lied about everything. Said he lied about Benghazi. Lied about the IRS. Lied about health care. Lied about if you like your policy you can keep it. Lied about if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Lied about ending the wars and bringing all the troops home. Asked them how they liked being lied to. They said everyone lies.

Told them they were suckers, Obama is a communist. They said, so? What's wrong with that? I noticed they had several children there and asked them how they're going to like paying all the debt Obama's running up. They were horrified. I don't think they've ever been exposed to anyone questioning authority. Poor children have never been exposed to the constitution, the founding principles, Truth, patriotism, etc. They've been force fed the Marxist lie since birth.

At one point, one big guy told me he'd like to shove my words down my throat. Now ain't that special. I pointed out that that is the Marxist way. Someone says something they don't agree with and they immediately jump to violence.

I told them they were suckers for free foodstamps, free Obama phones, free healthcare. One big black guy said something to the effect that Obama was doing all this for our own good and at least now I can get free health care. Told him I work full-time, pay my own way and don't need or want his "free" health care. Then told him, but at least you can now marry your boyfriend. He told me that was none of my business.

Now we finally have a point we can agree on. None of this is any of the federal government's business.

But I think the significance of that final point was lost in the shuffle.

Gay marriage is none of the federal government's business! (Ban gay marriage)

Edit: Notice, this is the face of Freep itself, JimRob.

Also just noticed the dude photo bombing in the back of this one:

e2: Comment related to above photo:

quote:

Good job Jim. Wish I could have been there. You can’t argue with a freeloader wearing a Barry Soetoro T-shirt going around with his pants on the ground. The boy is happy being a government slave. Fascist communism is fine with him as long as the freebies keep rolling in. Do you know if was he an illegal alien?

9 posted on 2/15/2014 1:37:35 PM by FlingWingFlyer (As government expands, liberty contracts. - President Ronald W. Reagan)

Those are totally normal shorts. I guess if your waistband isn't up to your armpits, your pants are too drat low!

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 15, 2014

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

quote:

Told them they were suckers, Obama is a communist. They said, so? What's wrong with that? I noticed they had several children there and asked them how they're going to like paying all the debt Obama's running up. They were horrified. I don't think they've ever been exposed to anyone questioning authority. Poor children have never been exposed to the constitution, the founding principles, Truth, patriotism, etc. They've been force fed the Marxist lie since birth.

Pretty sure they were more horrified by the crazy old man in a wheelchair.

The gently caress is up with JimRob's arms? What disease does he have?

Also "work full time" = FREEPATHONS!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

The gently caress is up with JimRob's arms? What disease does he have?

Muscular dystrophy. He's already lost both legs to it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's funny seeing JimRob specifically say he works full time for his healthcare and pays his own way when he literally lives off of donations from his members.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That whole story is quite funny. He's basically telling a story about how he was little more than a crazy old man shouting alone at a crowd that is just doing their best to politely ignore him, but running it through a Freep perception filter.

Also notice how when he's retelling his story, he basically admits that when challenged about his claims of Obama = Communism, he never actually answered the question posed to him.

Deadman63
Apr 16, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

It's funny seeing JimRob specifically say he works full time for his healthcare and pays his own way when he literally lives off of donations from his members.

Doesn't he also get his health care provided by the VA, meaning he doesn't actually pay for it and is thus getting free health care despite his just saying he didn't want or need free health care?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

JimRob in a nutshell.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Deadman63 posted:

Doesn't he also get his health care provided by the VA, meaning he doesn't actually pay for it?
He paid for it by SERVING ARE COUNTRY, which I think makes it OK.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nessus posted:

He paid for it by SERVING ARE COUNTRY, which I think makes it OK.

No one on the government dole or who takes a government paycheck should be able to vote, and that includes those welfare queen veterans. :v:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Looking at Jimrob, I can't really feel anger or disgust. I just feel sorry for him. Sure he has amazingly abhorrent views, but if his lovely views give him comfort...he can't exactly hurt anyone.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Goddamn, I should have driven down there with a camera. It's only like an hour and half from where I'm living now.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

JimRob posted:

At one point, one big guy told me he'd like to shove my words down my throat. Now ain't that special. I pointed out that that is the Marxist way. Someone says something they don't agree with and they immediately jump to violence.
:stare: :stare: :stare: obviously freepers handle disagreements with civility

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 16, 2014

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Expect a shitshow from the rightwing after the Micheal Dunn trail wrapped up just now. He was found guilty on 4 counts, but a mistrial on first degree murder.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CitizenKain posted:

Expect a shitshow from the rightwing after the Micheal Dunn trail wrapped up just now. He was found guilty on 4 counts, but a mistrial on first degree murder.

It begins...

Jury Decides on Four of Five Counts in Loud-Music Murder Trial
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3123455/posts

quote:

To: Mercat
I vote for acquittal. Sick of boom boxers forcing their evil crap on everyone around them.

3 posted on 2/15/2014 3:29:07 PM by Nuc 1.1 (Nuc 1 Liberals aren't Patriots. Remember 1789!)

quote:

To: Nuc 1.1
I just turn up my Christian radio channel and then leave as soon as possible.

5 posted on 2/15/2014 3:31:42 PM by Mercat

quote:

To: libstripper
The problem is the firearm.
I would have used a bat, stick or boot, then followed up with the firearm.

4 posted on 2/15/2014 3:31:20 PM by elkfersupper

quote:

Quite possibly so. I had an incident about a week ago when I did not even remove my revolver from the glove compartment and achieved an excellent outcome. It was about 7:00 p.m. and I went to the local PetCo to get a bag of dog food for my two LARGE dogs, the smaller of whom is an 85 lb. Pitador and the larger of whom is a 110 lb. Great Dane. The Pitador was in the front seat beside me and the Dane was in the back seat. Just as I parked, I noticed a very grubby, old, unoccupied car to my left and, far worse, an almost equally grubby one to my right that was occupied by four guys who looked liked they just got out of the county jail and were up to no good, none of whom was Amish. Not wanting to display my revolver and escalate the situation, but very much wanting to send them a message not to fool with me or my vehicle, I rolled the front passenger side window down to display the Pitador. Then I rolled the tinted right rear window down to show them the Dane. They immediately left the scene. No cops, no gun use, no problem. Nevertheless, the revolver was there if I’d really needed it. Once a bullet leaves the muzzle it can’t be recalled.

11 posted on 2/15/2014 3:42:44 PM by libstripper (Asv)

quote:

To: Popman
I don’t like teenagers who throw empty plastic water bottles in my yard.

It’s too bad my arsenal fell in the inland waterway...

15 posted on 2/15/2014 3:48:41 PM by warchild9

quote:

In such situations I ask myself “do I want to fight over this”? If the answer is no I keep my mouth shut. I would bet in 9 out of ten of these loud music situations the punks would not only flip the complainer the bird but that at least one or two guys would get out of the car to do a beatdown.If I had a gun I would definitely keep my mouth shut, but technically there is nothing wrong with making a civil, polite request of another citizen. If that citizen responds with violence then THAT is another thing.
16 posted on 2/15/2014 3:49:27 PM by TalBlack (Evil doesn't have a day job.)

:ironicat:

quote:

To: Dalberg-Acton
FR has lots of gun grabbers as well as assorted other left wing types. It has defiantly changed over the years.

19 posted on 2/15/2014 3:52:45 PM by WHBates

quote:

To: WHBates
FR has lots of gun grabbers as well as assorted other left wing types.
You are correct about that.

40 posted on 2/15/2014 4:28:32 PM by Dalberg-Acton

quote:

To: elkfersupper
Yeah, I fantasize at times about the baseball bat approach.

On one hand the moron who shot them deserves a murder verdict. OTOH, I don’t really give a tinker’s drat about the victims either. You make it your goal to go around and piss off as many people as you can, you deserve what ensues. Too bad, so sad, just a little impromptu cleansing of the gene pool.

You have a right to make stupid decisions. You also have the right to suffer the consequences of those stupid decisions.

24 posted on 2/15/2014 3:59:14 PM by ChildOfThe60s ((If you can remember the 60s.....you weren't really there)

quote:

To: Gay State Conservative
You’re gonna take on FOUR urban yuts at night? Say you give them a “dirty” look. You leave and they follow you to your hotel. They don’t get out, but they know the car you drive and where you’re staying.

What do you do then?

28 posted on 2/15/2014 4:17:06 PM by ealgeone (obama, border)

quote:

I walk away from sooooo many that tick me off nowadays...Never know if the thug has a gun..or just some person who is carrying and not very together. We have had several people killed in road rage incidents. I say, let them drive on, cut me off, give me the finger...I will be the one going home tonight.

Chances are, with their rage, something will happen to them, ie car crash, someone else shoots them, or they run into a tree. All those possibilities are better than me getting shot cause I felt insulted or angry.

sometimes, I just make the sign of the cross...THAT really gets to them..they just freeze and roll on as they try to figure it out.ha.

32 posted on 2/15/2014 4:22:41 PM by Recovering Ex-hippie

quote:

To: F15Eagle
Never underestimate the psychological impact of Travon/Martin on this case. Not sure these jurors wanted to have that hanging on their heads.

Also, this case was a must win for Angela Corey for reelection purposes after the travon case.

35 posted on 2/15/2014 4:25:02 PM by ealgeone (obama, border)

quote:

if you think urban yuts weren’t feeling immunity in playing the “knockout game”, just wait....this case will further encourage them to “step it up”.

there will be a sense of immunity going forward. I can crank my kanye up as loud as I want and nobody can do nothing to me!

the inner cities are literally becoming warzones.

47 posted on 2/15/2014 4:33:19 PM by ealgeone (obama, border)

quote:

To: ealgeone
That’s why it’s best to not try and teach manners to ill-mannered people in the first place.

50 posted on 2/15/2014 4:37:15 PM by Jonty30 (What Islam and secularism have in common is that they are both death cults)

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Plinkey posted:

quote:

quote:
I walk away from sooooo many that tick me off nowadays...Never know if the thug has a gun..or just some person who is carrying and not very together.

a Freeper stumbles into sanity

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
How the gently caress does this follow in anyone's mind: 17-year old kid is playing his music loud ---> Better kill him. loving FReep.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I don't know if he has a gun, or if he's carrying :confused:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

How the gently caress does this follow in anyone's mind: 17-year old kid is playing his music loud ---> Better kill him.

Black.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

The thought occurs that if "sooooo many" people "tick [you] off nowadays", perhaps the problem lies with the only common factor among all these enraging encounters: you and your terrible attitude the liberals who are everywhere, all of whom personally hate you!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Plinkey posted:

It begins...

Jury Decides on Four of Five Counts in Loud-Music Murder Trial
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3123455/posts

Man look at all this empty posturing and stuff that never happened!

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Can't seem to find any reference to the guilty verdict on drudge!

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

Quite possibly so. I had an incident about a week ago when I did not even remove my revolver from the glove compartment and achieved an excellent outcome. It was about 7:00 p.m. and I went to the local PetCo to get a bag of dog food for my two LARGE dogs, the smaller of whom is an 85 lb. Pitador and the larger of whom is a 110 lb. Great Dane. The Pitador was in the front seat beside me and the Dane was in the back seat. Just as I parked, I noticed a very grubby, old, unoccupied car to my left and, far worse, an almost equally grubby one to my right that was occupied by four guys who looked liked they just got out of the county jail and were up to no good, none of whom was Amish. Not wanting to display my revolver and escalate the situation, but very much wanting to send them a message not to fool with me or my vehicle, I rolled the front passenger side window down to display the Pitador. Then I rolled the tinted right rear window down to show them the Dane. They immediately left the scene. No cops, no gun use, no problem. Nevertheless, the revolver was there if I’d really needed it. Once a bullet leaves the muzzle it can’t be recalled.

11 posted on 2/15/2014 3:42:44 PM by libstripper (Asv)
Probably stdh.txt, but running this through the non-crazy filter we get this story: I drove to the store to pick up some dog food with my pups riding in the car with me. Not wanting them to die in the car from heat stroke, I rolled the windows down to provide them with fresh air while I went in to grab the food. A group of non-black men sat in their car in the parking spot adjacent to mine, backed up, and quietly exited the parking lot without incident.

quote:

I walk away from sooooo many that tick me off nowadays...Never know if the thug has a gun..or just some person who is carrying and not very together. We have had several people killed in road rage incidents. I say, let them drive on, cut me off, give me the finger...I will be the one going home tonight.

Chances are, with their rage, something will happen to them, ie car crash, someone else shoots them, or they run into a tree. All those possibilities are better than me getting shot cause I felt insulted or angry.

sometimes, I just make the sign of the cross...THAT really gets to them..they just freeze and roll on as they try to figure it out.ha.

Road ragers are constantly in a state of rage just waiting to pop! It certainly can't be that they're having a bad day, or dealing with any number of other stresses that constantly assail us in our everyday lives! I am always in control of my actions and even use my religious beliefs to spite other motorists :smuggo:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wouldn't this in theory basically ensure 90% of the populace including the rich not be able to vote, because government money would include tax expenditures.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASHm65s-CLE&feature=related

Russia – our sacred homeland,
Russia – our beloved country.
A mighty will, great glory –
These are your heritage for all time!

Chorus:

Be glorious, our free Motherland,
Age-old union of fraternal peoples,
Ancestor-given wisdom of the people!
Be glorious, our country! We are proud of you!
From the southern seas to the polar lands
Spread are our forests and fields.
You are unique in the world, one of a kind –
This native land protected by God!

Chorus

Wide spaces for dreams and for living
Are opened for us by the coming years
Our loyalty to the Motherland gives us strength.
Thus it was, thus it is and thus it always will be!

Chorus

30 posted on 2/13/2014 10:06:18 AM by fishtank (The denial of original sin is the root of liberalism.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

hahaha wow. Nice job on linking a video from YouTube user "StalinLeninMao" :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

if you think urban yuts weren’t feeling immunity in playing the “knockout game”, just wait....this case will further encourage them to “step it up”.

there will be a sense of immunity going forward. I can crank my kanye up as loud as I want and nobody can do nothing to me!

the inner cities are literally becoming warzones.

47 posted on 2/15/2014 4:33:19 PM by ealgeone (obama, border)

Yes, the inner cities are practically warzones now, what with all these Amish being allowed to play music without fear of being shot to death.

• Locked thread