Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So there already are followers of this idea Twitch playes Pokemon Blue where they've been stuck at the tree near LT Surge for the past 2 hours, and Twitch plays Pokemon Crystal where the superiority of Gen 2 design really shines. Both have under a 1000 viewers and it's still a nightmare to do anything so that's something :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Kikas posted:

So there already are followers of this idea Twitch playes Pokemon Blue where they've been stuck at the tree near LT Surge for the past 2 hours, and Twitch plays Pokemon Crystal where the superiority of Gen 2 design really shines. Both have under a 1000 viewers and it's still a nightmare to do anything so that's something :v:

It's not really about the numbers. It's about the percentage of people. Even with 50 people, you could have 10 trolling, 25 trying to make progress, and 15 are trying to make progress, but in a different way than the 25, so it's sort of counterproductive.

Crystal would be nice though, it'd be great to see some color for once. (took a look at the crystal one, and it's got less than 200 people and its moving fairly slow)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Meanwhile, in the world of Rock Tunnel, DUX showed everyone the true power of Sand Attack.

EDIT: Oh crap that guy has more Geodudes. Welp. Back to square 1.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 16, 2014

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Kikas posted:

Meanwhile, in the world of Rock Tunnel, DUX showed everyone the true power of Sand Attack.

The sand just wasn't enough. :smith:

Sqeetschy
Mar 28, 2010
loving dig.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

RUN is killing the run. We would have so much exp if we didn't run from 90% of battles :negative:

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Amppelix posted:

RUN is killing the run. We would have so much exp if we didn't run from 90% of battles :negative:

Not killing, extending. It's doing us all a favor by making this last so much longer. If we run from 90% of battles it just means we need 10 time as many encounters :)

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

:allears:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

that's one mighty fine JAY LENO

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Team is gonna get wiped by a lvl 16 Geodude with infinite Defense.

:allears:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Twitch Plays Gold version is showcasing just how annoying those phonecalls can be.

Edit: ABBBBK with all the clutch Bides

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ahahaha Bide wins another trainer battle.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
Hah, this Pokemon Blue one has everyone trying to access the menu to cut down the tree outside Surge's gym but because of the delay there are tonnes of Start commands coming through so the menu just opens and closes.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Kikas posted:

That Crystal one is insanely slow input-wise. Feels like one command every 2 seconds, and when you just change where you're facing with one press, ugggh.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's not just running that's screwing their EXP gain, it's attacking for a few turns, almost killing the pokemon, and THEN running away. That's the worst.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh gently caress, Rattata leveled up and they canceled Hyper Fang. :negative:

edit: They taught it Thunder Wave AND Dig :stare:

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
They passed up Hyper Fang?!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Happyman posted:

They passed up Hyper Fang?!

To be fair that one already has Dig, Thunderbolt, and Body Slam so it really wasn't that big of a loss.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It is World War 3 now, because half of chat is trying to release the entire party.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
As far as I know none of the current team can learn Surf so they're going to have to use the PC at some point anyway (assuming they make it through the Safari Zone).

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I think they're just trying to release the rattata with dig so they don't keep randomly leaving the rock tunnel.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
It looks like they're trying to box the dig Rattata? I mean, given they've used Dig to 'escape' the cave partway through at least, what, six times now? The fighting over this is intense and will probably kill the run when they manage to release everything BUT that Rattata.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
Watch as they accidentally release ABBBBBBK(.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh my god they actually managed to deposit Ratatta.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
:stare:

26k people actually came to a decision and boxed that loving dig rat.

What the hell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Holy gently caress, miracles upon miracles once again.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
To be fair, it held them hostage for like two hours.

Apparently to get people to agree to fix the US healthcare system we just need to force everyone to play Sim Hospital with shared inputs.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I am in shock

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

precision posted:

The RNGPlaysPokemon is also progressing at a much faster rate than the TwitchPlays one, so that would seem to indicate that either the trolls far outnumber people trying to progress, or the attempt to progress is actually making things worse, or both.

(It's both.)
The twitchplayspokemon stream actually progressed extremely quickly (well, relatively) up until the point where they had to start cutting stuff.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I was so certain they'd box something they actually need and have to fish it back out, or worse just release it. At least that Rattata's still in storage in case we need to call upon the power of its Dig and Thunderbohahahanope it's never coming back out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shady Amish Terror posted:

To be fair, it held them hostage for like two hours.

Apparently to get people to agree to fix the US healthcare system we just need to force everyone to play Sim Hospital with shared inputs.

On a 20 second delay.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I tuned at just the right time to contribute to the war for depositing the dig ratatta. I'm amazed that not only did they manage to deposit a pokemon at all, but they got the right one on the first try somehow.

The internet is beautiful.

Sqeetschy
Mar 28, 2010
Next city has that music that supposedly caused suicides, right? I can imagine chat has many people on the brink anyway, gonna test that theory well.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

This is good because when we get to Celadon we can get that Eevee and make it a Vaporean for sur-Hahaha its gonna be a loving flareon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Every single time a battle starts and they immediately use the run command so flawlessly, it makes me laugh.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Sqeetschy posted:

Next city has that music that supposedly caused suicides, right? I can imagine chat has many people on the brink anyway, gonna test that theory well.

Makes for baller guitar covers, though. As it stands, if more than twenty-thousand people have been sitting in on the last twenty hours, between the grueling battles against cut, ledges, and dig, I don't think there's anything that can stop them from hanging on at this point like a zombie horde of video game-playing robots endlessly fighting over one controller.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Someone has been uploading timelapses with highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUBuEjLZ7DI&hd=1

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

This is really cool.

What does clutch mean? What does the fossil item do?
..I feel like playing this on an O.G. gameboy. :)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Kainser posted:

Someone has been uploading timelapses with highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUBuEjLZ7DI&hd=1

Watching this, they actuallly did find the hidden rare candy in Cerulean. That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

The_Frag_Man posted:

This is really cool.

What does clutch mean? What does the fossil item do?
..I feel like playing this on an O.G. gameboy. :)

Clutch = Barely making it.

The Helix Fossil is an item that you give to someone later in the game and they turn it back into a living pokemon.

E: The Hexil Fossil gives us Kabuto Omanyte.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 16, 2014

• Locked thread