Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

They blew up a Potemkin Village version of Sochi.

Or they got the real one while the Olympics are held at the Potemkin Village.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Paradox Personified posted:

hahaha yay again;

Lookit his little legs all floppin' around. :unsmith:

It's like he's on that pommel horse or whatever its called in the summer olympics gymnastics thing.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Doctor Butts posted:

It's like he's on that pommel horse or whatever its called in the summer olympics gymnastics thing.

What's the rule if he landed on the stone? Although it look like he actually missed it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If you touch the stone, it's considered 'burned' and removed from play for the end.

I'm not sure what the rule is if you get skull and brain matter on it, though.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Cthulu Carl posted:

If you touch the stone, it's considered 'burned' and removed from play for the end.

I'm not sure what the rule is if you get skull and brain matter on it, though.

Skull shards count for the yellow, and brain matter for the red.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Cthulu Carl posted:

It was the other team's stone though?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

you irl posted:

It was the other team's stone though?
It just gets put back where it was.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

NBC's finally showing the Women's Super-G

I'm guessing medals were awarded not on fastest time but who survived?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Agrajag posted:

IOC can go die in a plane crash. Those assholes are a bunch of self important poo poo turds.

Yeah I am in agreement I hate the Olympics and their committee pretty hard. Maybe they'll be eaten by dogs in Sochi.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Am I the only one surprised that the Olympics have gone smoother than anticipated? I was expecting much more destruction than I've gotten.

Or maybe I'm just not paying attention

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Toad on a Hat posted:

Am I the only one surprised that the Olympics have gone smoother than anticipated? I was expecting much more destruction than I've gotten.

A huge disaster would be something, but a slow, melting, sad, corrupt, mutt-ridden collapse is more the Russian way

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
So, Russia, when all of the world's best skiiers are having severe trouble navigating the end of your Super G course, the course is poo poo and your snow is poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I Greyhound posted:

So, Russia, when all of the world's best skiiers are having severe trouble navigating the end of your Super G course, the course is poo poo and your snow is poo poo.

wasnt it 16-17C there from wednesday to friday? hell its probably still above 10C right now

all you had to do was not pick the warmest spot in your country russia YOU DONE hosed UP

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

wasnt it 16-17C there from wednesday to friday? hell its probably still above 10C right now

all you had to do was not pick the warmest spot in your country russia YOU DONE hosed UP

Sochi has a humid subtropical climate (Köppen climate classification Cfa)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I mean if he really wanted investment dollars he could of held it in uh Siberia or w/e.
Or you know St.Petersburg

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al Borland posted:

Yeah I am in agreement I hate the Olympics and their committee pretty hard. Maybe they'll be eaten by dogs in Sochi.

There are no dogs in Sochi. Only Chechens disguised as dog.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

I mean if he really wanted investment dollars he could of held it in uh Siberia or w/e.
Or you know St.Petersburg

Are there enough mountains near St. Petersburg for the skiing events?

Who am I kidding, if Sochi can hold Winter Olympics when it's in the 60s, other cities can hold them with no topography.

Let's get Oklahoma or Nebraska or some poo poo to host the games

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Toad on a Hat posted:

The Sochi olympics have been like spotting a massively obese redneck in the isles of Walmart. Once you snickered at them, and perhaps snapped a picture with your phone to show your friends, what else is there really left to do?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Vakal posted:

what else is there really left to do?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Vakal posted:

The Sochi olympics have been like spotting a massively obese redneck in the isles of Walmart. Once you snickered at them, and perhaps snapped a picture with your phone to show your friends, what else is there really left to do?

Hope they play bumper rascals over the last ham in the deli aisle?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

you irl posted:

A huge disaster would be something, but a slow, melting, sad, corrupt, mutt-ridden collapse is more the Russian way

Yeah the levels of corruption are amazing and the fact the IOC is pretty much ignoring Russia's foul play. It truly is a testament to the USSR's former glory.

I think a terrorist attack would be something, but I doubt we'll see one for quite some time.

Who knows? There's always Brazil!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Al Borland posted:

Yeah the levels of corruption are amazing and the fact the IOC is pretty much ignoring Russia's foul play. It truly is a testament to the USSR's former glory.

I think a terrorist attack would be something, but I doubt we'll see one for quite some time.

Who knows? There's always Brazil!

what terrorists would attack brazil?

now angry favela crime lords on the other hand...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

what terrorists would attack brazil?

now angry favela crime lords on the other hand...

Well terror is loosely anyone who disagrees with the government. I'm more or less imagining the Olympics to be like anything that opens in Brazil.

Hell on earth, assuming they haven't culled the poors by then. The poor culling is gonna be one hell of a show. It'll be like Sochi with dogs, but people instead.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

This actually made me laugh.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Are there enough mountains near St. Petersburg for the skiing events?

Who am I kidding, if Sochi can hold Winter Olympics when it's in the 60s, other cities can hold them with no topography.

Let's get Oklahoma or Nebraska or some poo poo to host the games

Hey, we have mountains in Oklahoma. Just no snow most of the time. We're perfect!

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Checking out live CBC hockey streams and during a break they recorded multiple lingering shots of one man and his doll

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Helvete posted:

Checking out live CBC hockey streams and during a break they recorded multiple lingering shots of one man and his doll

Fuckin :h: you CBC, gonna miss you when the loss of hockey exclusivity or whatever finally kills you for Dear Leader's blood lust :canada:

zarbicore
Mar 13, 2004

Now I can see the whales
This cross country skiing relay business is very boring to watch.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

The Russian women's curling team is crazy hot, and the Swedish team isn't? Very confusing.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zarbicore posted:

This cross country skiing relay business is very boring to watch.

I dunno, between Team Norway's meltdown, the Swedish anchor charging in to make up a big deficit, and Team USA making a loving wrong turn and falling behind further, the women's relay yesterday was pretty interesting.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ha ha! The Slovak goalie just loving rear end-checked one of the Russian players.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Durzel posted:

The Russian women's curling team is crazy hot, and the Swedish team isn't? Very confusing.

:love:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Their jackets bug the hell out of me. Is the zipper off-center? Is the red off-center? Why did they make it like that? :psyduck:

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
asymmetrical zippers are super trendy.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cthulu Carl posted:

Their jackets bug the hell out of me. Is the zipper off-center? Is the red off-center? Why did they make it like that? :psyduck:
It's to gently caress with the eyes of their opponents so their shots go off-center too.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's to gently caress with the eyes of their opponents so their shots go off-center too.

that would explain those Norway pants

is there some catalog that points out the gear worn by the athletes and where to buy? So many jackets and tracksuits I would wear 24/7

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yes

they start the day against russia tomorrow

so much perving gonna happen in that match

:dong:

also now i've seen it all

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
This is late in coming and maybe someone posted about it already, but I've been watching a lot of livecast replays on NBC because there's a lot of events that have the indecency to air while I am sleeping.

Here is how to navigate NBC's website posted:

Disclaimer: If this is your first time have your TV bill, an email address and home phone number at the ready for step 5.

1. Go to https://www.nbcolympics.com
2A. Hope your sport is listed in the second-to-top bar. Click it.
2B. If not, run your mouse over "All Sports" on the right to open the additional sports menus. Find your sport and click it.
2C. If you have the Ghostery (or some other form of adblock) running, you may need to pause blocking for the "All Sports" menu to open.
3. Scroll down and hope you don't get spoiled by a "USA WINS THE BRONZE WOO GO TEAM" headline. Under the medal totals is a list of all events in the sport and the replay links are to the left of each event.
4. If this is your first time, when you click the replay link you will need to make an account with your TV provider and sign in to access the video.
5. Enjoy BBC live feeds being replayed by NBC as if they did the coverage. Hope your playback controls don't disappear.

See? Simple... :smithicide:

e: This is new to me after watching 4 events or so but I also just had one of those loving mcnugget ads play ahead of the coverage.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Doing the butt! :yosbutt:

• Locked thread