Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I went to my local barnes and noble today to pick up the game of thrones figures, but they wouldn't sell them to me because of the 15th street date, even though I can go on thier website and do the "Pick me up in store" thing. I'll go back this saturday to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Retailers get dinged pretty badly if they sell product before a street release, shame if you were led to believe you could grab them earlier.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

NotAnArtist posted:

Retailers get dinged pretty badly if they sell product before a street release, shame if you were led to believe you could grab them earlier.

I saw on some toy news websites that some BnN's were putting them out early, so I hoped mine would too. I'll be there first thing saturday at 9'oclock, hopefully I'll be the only one there to get them. From what I hear, they are selling out fast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NotAnArtist posted:

Nobody's going to penalize B&N for putting out product early.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

According to an official statement from Funko, "For the next 30 day[s] only Series 1 will be exclusively at B & N."

Someone had posted that they’re in TRUs system, they just haven't recieved them yet. I'm interested to see how big the figures are, they say it's 6" scale, but these days the definition of 6" scale seems to vary from company to company.

They look like they are about the same size as Star Wars Black figures. If I get lucky on Saturday and get them, I'll post size comparison pics.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 13, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I've been to three stores and they all allowed me to buy them. Your store just sucks.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

I've been to three stores and they all allowed me to buy them. Your store just sucks.

Yeah, I called them this time, and the lady I spoke to put them on hold for me. I went ahead and picked up Ned Stark and Jon Snow. The facial sculpts are a little soft, but they look okay. They seem a little shorter than Star Wars black, but they are right in scale with the bridge direct's Hobbit figures.

They only had 1 of each, so I'll wait until I get another set before I open these ones. I've heard some reports of limbs snapping off.

I look foward to see how series 2 comes out, I'll definitely get Jaime Lannister and Robb Stark.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Jace Madan posted:

According to an official statement from Funko, "For the next 30 day[s] only Series 1 will be exclusively at B & N."

Someone had posted that they’re in TRUs system, they just haven't recieved them yet. I'm interested to see how big the figures are, they say it's 6" scale, but these days the definition of 6" scale seems to vary from company to company.

They look like they are about the same size as Star Wars Black figures. If I get lucky on Saturday and get them, I'll post size comparison pics.

The Fwoosh took some comparison pics already, in case it helps anyone else: http://thefwoosh.com/2014/02/funko-legacy-collection-game-of-thrones-quick-pics

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I can't wait to get these: DC Collectibles Batman TAS figures

My only worry is that Batman's cape will limit shoulder articulation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HOT drat.

Here's hoping we get a Superman of the same quality!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Neca put this tease on its twitter:

Apparently, are pieces for this dude:

They're going all out with this line.

Also, from DC

:flashfap:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Mmmm, a whole slew of new skulls for my trophy wall!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I want NECA to make the Predator from Batman vs. Predator.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Rage posted:

I want NECA to make the Predator from Batman vs. Predator.

That would be the Scout Predator, kind of, he needs the necklaces from the Jungle Hunter.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That would be the Scout Predator, kind of, he needs the necklaces from the Jungle Hunter.

Awesome! Good to know, I want Big Red as well, even though I never saw that fan film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw that Fan Film when I was a kid. It was the greatest thing my eyes had seen up to that point. I made my own Red Predator, and it was badass.

I never thought in a million years someone would make that one, let alone multiple figures from a fan film about Batman fighting a Predator...and then an Alien.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Gann Jerrod posted:

Why did they start with inferior late-stage animated Batman? The art style doesn't even match the catwoman figure. I bet those assholes will never do more than paint a yellow oval on the exact same mold, either.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

So this Sunday is Day 1 of the 2014 New York Toy Fair, where tons of new action figures are announced and displayed for the first time. However tomorrow is when Hasbro has their preview presentation. I'm hoping for some X-Men Legends, but considering that they couldn't even get box stores to buy a Wolverine line, it seems doubtful. At least we will maybe, hopefully see a Star Wars Black Darth Vader.

In other news, Hasbro has released a picture of the Guardians of the Galaxy toys.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=17054

MooselanderII fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 15, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'll be there tomorrow! I elected to be taken to the Marvel presentation first so I hope I made the right choice.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Gann Jerrod posted:

That's really really cool. I just got through a marathon of TAS and Batman Beyond and I've been thinking about collecting some of the vintage figures, but these would actually be much better. Does anyone know if these DC lines usually focus on one-off figures or will there be any chance they'll make more in this vein if they sell well? I'd love to get a 6" Mr. Freeze in the classic animated series style.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Awesome! Good to know, I want Big Red as well, even though I never saw that fan film.

You can watch it on YouTube.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

That's really really cool. I just got through a marathon of TAS and Batman Beyond and I've been thinking about collecting some of the vintage figures, but these would actually be much better. Does anyone know if these DC lines usually focus on one-off figures or will there be any chance they'll make more in this vein if they sell well? I'd love to get a 6" Mr. Freeze in the classic animated series style.

According DCC's press release, in addition to Batman and Catwoman, series 1 will also have Two Face and Mr. Freeze, so your wish may come true. Animated Mr. Freeze is the best Mr. Freeze.

Hopefully it's a long series. I really want a Phantasm.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 15, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's pretty cool - no pun intended - it'll be the first Mr.Freeze figure I get. Almost bit the bullet and got the one from the video game but the animated version is the loving best.

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...

Vintersorg posted:

That's pretty cool - no pun intended - it'll be the first Mr.Freeze figure I get. Almost bit the bullet and got the one from the video game but the animated version is the loving best.

I'd love for them to release a Scarecrow that actually looks like he did in the cartoon. I think there were two animated Scarecrows released, one which only had a passing resemblance to Scarecrow, and one that was released several years later but had the "Adventures of Batman and Robin" redesign

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'd gladly take either Scarecrow, but a well done 6-inch Jeffery Combs Scarecrow sitting next to animated Mr. Freeze would be amazing.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Pics of new Star Wars black series are up: http://www.rebelscum.com/2014-Toy-Fair/Toy-Fair-2014-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series/

I need that Vader and Luke...

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 16, 2014

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Jace Madan posted:

Pics of new Star Wars black series are up: http://www.rebelscum.com/2014-Toy-Fair/Toy-Fair-2014-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series/

I need that Vader and Luke...

The scout speeder. :swoon:

EDIT: I thought I was done with these after X-Wing Luke and R2, but I really want ANH Luke, ROTJ Luke the Scout and the Stormtrooper.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 16, 2014

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

The scout speeder. :swoon:

EDIT: I thought I was done with these after X-Wing Luke and R2, but I really want ANH Luke, ROTJ Luke the Scout and the Stormtrooper.
My friend just warned me "The 6" figures start with Bespin Luke at the end of the third row," so everything before him is 3 3/4", not 6".

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

I wonder what the price point on that Jabba is going to be... and how I can justify spending it.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Jace Madan posted:

I wonder what the price point on that Jabba is going to be... and how I can justify spending it.

The only justification you'll ever need; "Because it's loving awesome!"

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Mr. Yuk posted:

The only justification you'll ever need; "Because it's loving awesome!"

I can live with that! Man, between these guys and the Alien/Predator stuff NECA is going to be showing tomorrrow, I really gotta carefully choose what I buy or else I'll go overboard.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Definitely getting that Vader.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The speederbike is really cool - it's easy to get those as the stormtroopers lack of details really lends itself well to this scale.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

I can live with that! Man, between these guys and the Alien/Predator stuff NECA is going to be showing tomorrrow, I really gotta carefully choose what I buy or else I'll go overboard.

Oh poo poo, so excited for the NECA presentation. I've been marathoning Predator films tonight and opening figures and it's just made me want more and more Predators

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

The Rage posted:

Oh poo poo, so excited for the NECA presentation. I've been marathoning Predator films tonight and opening figures and it's just made me want more and more Predators

Apparently they are going to be showing 8 (yes 8!!!) new Predators tomorrow, I can't wait!

They are also gonna have all of the ALIEN 35th anniversary figures too, along with the Dog Alien and Bishop. And for some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion that they got the likeness rights to make Ripley figures. I hope so anyway...

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 16, 2014

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

What are my best options for Street Fighter figures right now? I know that the both NECA and SOTA did multiple series of them, but if I recall one of the two had a tendency to have stiff joints that easily snapped. I like the look of the Play Arts Kai ones, but they're a little expensive and they don't have as wide of a variety as the NECA or SOTA lines. If they Play Arts Kai ones are better by miles, though, I'll just suck it up and start picking those up.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

Apparently they are going to be showing 8 (yes 8!!!) new Predators tomorrow, I can't wait!

They are also gonna have all of the ALIEN 35th anniversary figures too, along with the Dog Alien and Bishop. And for some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion that they got the likeness rights to make Ripley figures. I hope so anyway...

Goddamn yes! Now that I understand the whole "Lost Predators" thing, I need to finish those before the new ones start hitting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I will buy the Predator of my screen name. That's it. I'm so tired of NECA's Predators.

Alien, however, I'm on bored.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Agrias120 posted:

What are my best options for Street Fighter figures right now? I know that the both NECA and SOTA did multiple series of them, but if I recall one of the two had a tendency to have stiff joints that easily snapped. I like the look of the Play Arts Kai ones, but they're a little expensive and they don't have as wide of a variety as the NECA or SOTA lines. If they Play Arts Kai ones are better by miles, though, I'll just suck it up and start picking those up.
I've got a couple Play Arts Kai ones and they rule, absolutely worth the extra coin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna toss it out there that I really want that Baron Zemo when they do the refresh. So when anyone sees that I will pay price + shipping and I'll give you a big sloppy kiss.

I found a baron Zemo today, if you still need it.