Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Damnit Ray and Lorenzo won't be back next year :(

They say they will be somewhere else, I hope it is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Here's the video they played a couple weeks ago of someone doing Adam Carolla teaching a podcasting class https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF0ekNbzkOM

The dude pretty much nailed it. Although he could have added the unibrow.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Here's the video they played a couple weeks ago of someone doing Adam Carolla teaching a podcasting class https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF0ekNbzkOM

Wow that is loving perfect...

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
The most recent Adam and Drew, #115, is pretty great. Adam sort of breaks down a little with Drew and goes into his stress, his anger with his family, and the fact that he is the target of 3(!) separate lawsuits.

So one is the patent troll, one is probably still Donny...I wonder what number 3 is?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think Donny and Ganz are suing over the podcast, and then Donny is suing over him using 2 pictures in his book.

The video above is great. Had not seen it before. The latest Adam and Drew is interesting, but it still features a ton of "I'm rich and therefore right on every single thing". Half his shows now are him justifying his actions in the world and it's just boring. The show needs someone who will steer conversations into other areas. Whoever is producing it is doing a terrible job.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also, why is Drew doing a show with him? It's basically Adam talking about his poo poo, bullying Drew, and plugging products. The calls are also complete poo poo and whoever screens them should be fired. I get Drew doing his own podcast, but I just don't feel like he needs this poo poo. He's on HLN all the time, I imagine that's a steady paycheck.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
But guys! The swingin sounds of the dr drew podcast! Buy it! Buy it now! Let's talk about it for 10 minutes every podcast!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
For all the time Dr. Drew spends analyzing other people, he should figure out why he would let the 7-11 surveillance camera record him for an hour if 15 people would watch it.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Ribsauce posted:

For all the time Dr. Drew spends analyzing other people, he should figure out why he would let the 7-11 surveillance camera record him for an hour if 15 people would watch it.

Because there is a minimum of a nickel up for grabs.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Oh my...

http://www.amazon.com/President-Me-America-Thats-Head/dp/0062320408

quote:

In President Me, Carolla shares his vision for a different, better America free from big issues like big government down to small problems like hotel alarm clock placement. Running on an anti-narcissism platform, President Carolla calls for a return to the values of an earlier time when stew and casserole were on every dinner table and there were no “service dogs” on airplanes. President Me hits right at the heart of what makes our country really annoying, and offers a plan to make all of our lives, but mostly Adam’s, much better.

I can't even....I mean really......jesus christ

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
So adam makes another quick cash-in book rehashing the material he beats to death on the daily? Yeah,shhhhhhhhhhocking

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Wait, does he really not like service dogs or something? Why is service dogs in quotations? What a weird loving thing to be angry about.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

BobbyK posted:

Wait, does he really not like service dogs or something? Why is service dogs in quotations? What a weird loving thing to be angry about.

He doesn't hate all service dogs, just the "service dogs" that people bring on planes and such for "stress relief".

And I don't blame him for rehashing the same crap. He can get away with it, and it's new to some people, so why not?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
He hates all the people who make up some story to get a "service dog" so they can take their dog everywhere, which I agree with. According to my friend in San Francisco, it is out of control there. People either get some doctor to help them make up some stupid reason to have a "service dog" or they just buy a fake service dog shirt off ebay. Apparently it is illegal for the store to even ask for proof you need a service dog because that is discrimination or some garbage. LA is probably the same and if I had to deal with 6 dogs every time I went in the Stop and Shop I'd complain all the time too, and I loving love dogs.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Even beyond the direct hassle, it just is sort of a marker for a mindset that drives Adam nuts. It's narcissism and/or codependency and it's not even with other people it's with your dog.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
"Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an excessive sense of self-importance, an extreme preoccupation with themselves, and lack of empathy for others."

This sounds like a good description for the podcast. Just throw "bootstraps" and "passion fruit" in there somewhere.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Dip Facial posted:

"Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an excessive sense of self-importance, an extreme preoccupation with themselves, and lack of empathy for others."

This sounds like a good description for the podcast. Just throw "bootstraps" and "passion fruit" in there somewhere.

In this society we've crafted...

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Has Bryan's dumb book come out yet?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Has Adam talked about the Superbowl in any podcast yet? If so which one? Curious to see his reaction.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Veskit posted:

Has Adam talked about the Superbowl in any podcast yet? If so which one? Curious to see his reaction.

I know beforehand he said that he would bet on the Broncos winning. So that explains the outcome.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

RightClickSaveAs posted:

You should watch all of his videos. J-L Cauvin is brilliant.

He has a free album to download. I haven't listened to it yet, though:
http://jlcauvin.com/?page_id=6152

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

That lady who hasn't used shampoo in 5 years was the biggest Who Gives a gently caress guest ever. I'm including the vegan pie makers.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

What a weird way to start the show off too. Jim Jeffries is such a good guest though. I think for Carolla, every guest has to be like Jim Jeffries, or else it just goes into autopilot. But that's a pretty tall order to fill, the guy has awesome stories about everything.

bartok
May 10, 2006

RightClickSaveAs posted:

What a weird way to start the show off too. Jim Jeffries is such a good guest though. I think for Carolla, every guest has to be like Jim Jeffries, or else it just goes into autopilot. But that's a pretty tall order to fill, the guy has awesome stories about everything.

A real shame that Jim Jeffries got too busy to continue podcasting because Talkin' poo poo with Jim and Eddie was pretty entertaining at times.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I'm a little late on this, but I rolled the dice on the latest Jo Koy episode and it was pretty good. There was a repeat of the brown sugar being moved out of the pantry bit that went on too long, but at least that hasn't been run as much into the ground. Jo got to be himself for the most part; it's worth checking out if you've started to skip those out of habit.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

bartok posted:

A real shame that Jim Jeffries got too busy to continue podcasting because Talkin' poo poo with Jim and Eddie was pretty entertaining at times.

He's been the best guest on every podcast I've heard him on and he barely has to repeat stories. The midget convention, taking the Playboy model to the pinball museum, his Cliff stories, etc. Being funny, moderately good looking and successful, and taking copious amounts of drugs and alcohol leads to a lot of awesome stories until you die at 37. He seems to have settled a bit now with his kid but that usually only lasts a minute until he boomerangs into the stratosphere.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Another trip report: the latest Greg Fitzsimmons episode was outstanding. Best episode I've heard in years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's a stunning amount of disconnect in Adam loving Carolla decrying narcissism, And I would have said that while he was still on Loveline.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Did Dr. Drew ever get him to take the narcissism test on Loveline or any time after that, I can't remember.

vote_no posted:

Another trip report: the latest Greg Fitzsimmons episode was outstanding. Best episode I've heard in years.
For real, Fitz is awesome. I finally listened to this one today as it seemed to have uploaded later than usual on Friday. That poor sign language lady, that was hilarious. I wonder if she had any idea what was in store for her when she took the job.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

vote_no posted:

Really funny podcast. Even brian (bryan?) was funny. From sign language to pencils.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I skimmed the last few pages to see if this had been covered but I couldn't see anything. Apologies if it has.

Has Adam spoken much about his upcoming Spike TV show 'To Catch a Contractor'? I pretty much checked out of all of Carolla's podcasts about a year ago, but I've been hearing ads for this show on Earwolf podcasts this week and it actually sounds pretty awesome. You guys know much about it?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Yes during production he was constantly bitching about how far he had to drive to film at various houses. He was pretty much miserable about the whole experience it seemed.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

visuvius posted:

Yes during production he was constantly bitching about how far he had to drive to film at various houses. He was pretty much miserable about the whole experience it seemed.

I wish I could embed Anderson's drop of Adam going "waaaaah"

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

He was especially bothered recently because his family was ziplining in Catalina while he was stuck filming in a bathroom all day. That sounds made up but is a thing, they went to Catalina by helicopter to ride ziplines.

He really doesn't seem terribly invested in the show but it sounds like it will be fun to watch. It's a good idea, all the drama and hysterics of reality TV, especially the "catch a predator" angle, with some home improvement and hopefully a few good dick jokes thrown in courtesy of the Aceman.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

His complaints are pretty tame, I think he's stretching to find something to complain about. I'm expecting it to be a good show and looking forward to it.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, he went from bitching about it to actually plugging it for the first time in one of the last episodes.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

RightClickSaveAs posted:

He was especially bothered recently because his family was ziplining in Catalina while he was stuck filming in a bathroom all day. That sounds made up but is a thing, they went to Catalina by helicopter to ride ziplines.

He really doesn't seem terribly invested in the show but it sounds like it will be fun to watch. It's a good idea, all the drama and hysterics of reality TV, especially the "catch a predator" angle, with some home improvement and hopefully a few good dick jokes thrown in courtesy of the Aceman.

He could've been with them instead of enlisting on a show he didn't end up enjoying doing, too. He could've, because he's a literal millionaire and has more money than he could possibly spend now. Yet he went chasing nickles instead of spending time with his wife and kids. Seems kinda dickish.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Apoplexy posted:

He could've been with them instead of enlisting on a show he didn't end up enjoying doing, too. He could've, because he's a literal millionaire and has more money than he could possibly spend now. Yet he went chasing nickles instead of spending time with his wife and kids. Seems kinda dickish.

Adam may be well off but there's no way he has "more money than he could possibly spend". He runs a podcast and sells wine, he's not Donald Trump.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Not directly related to Adam's show, but Jim Jeffries was on Fitzdog Radio and it was really good.

http://gregfitz.libsyn.com/the-return-of-jim-jefferies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
What'd you guys think of JL Cauvin's appearance?