Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Another Team Gets Chumped by SKT1 5: the Reckoning: Electric Boogaloo

drat that was a beautiful crescendo just now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Was it just the K team playing in the 3rd round ?

edit: Turns out IM actually swapped in Violet for the masters round. Am I the one only who thinks the point of this masters match thing is a little moot when you're not forced into a "no more than 3/4 players from one team" ?

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 16, 2014

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

nomadologique posted:

The meta balance is completely busted, as far as I can tell there is only one thing that matters for winning at the moment: picking Shyvana or Trundle. These heroes are unkillable, do massive damage, cannot be removed from lane, have incredible movespeed, can zone and then singlehandedly kill the opposing backline, and are always the last ones standing at the end of a 8 or 9 death fight. So silly and boring.

I hope the terminate the current top meta with extreme perjiduce because not only is it boring as hell, but its boringitude is infecting the other lanes.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Colonel Squish posted:

Man, it's the worst when your OGN subscription ends and you're facing off with that non-sub blurriness again. Is it worth subbing for March? I'm not sure what upcoming events there are.

I'm in the same boat as you. Mine just ran out from Winter run. I think I might re-up anyways. Sounds like new SKTK1 looked good? I'm gonna have a bunch of games to catch up with today/tomorrow.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Libertine posted:

I'm in the same boat as you. Mine just ran out from Winter run. I think I might re-up anyways. Sounds like new SKTK1 looked good? I'm gonna have a bunch of games to catch up with today/tomorrow.

Faker played 2 champs he has never played professionally before and stomped with both of them. First match was Faker picking Ziggs into Kuro's Lulu and third match was Kuro trying the same thing. Turns out Ziggs isnt a counter to Lulu. Faker is a counter to Lulu.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

If TSM beats CLG they have a real chance to break C9's win streak record from summer split. They face like DIG, CRS, and Coast until C9 in Week 7. They would be able to win 14 in a row beating C9's record by 1.

Neat?

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Prediction time!

XDG vs CRS
C9 vs DIG
EG vs CST
CLG vs TSM

Last time I voted against CLG and they won so here's hoping for another miracle.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Admoon posted:

Prediction time!

XDG vs CRS
C9 vs DIG
EG vs CST
CLG vs TSM

Last time I voted against CLG and they won so here's hoping for another miracle.

Last time everyone on the left won. This time, everyone on the right is gonna win.

XDG vs CRS
C9 vs DIG
EG vs CST
CLG vs TSM

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

Last time everyone on the left won. This time, everyone on the right is gonna win.

XDG vs CRS
C9 vs DIG
EG vs CST
CLG vs TSM

I can't argue with this flawless reasoning.

halwain
May 31, 2011
Why would you pick Ezreal if no other adc is banned or picked?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

halwain posted:

Why would you pick Ezreal if no other adc is banned or picked?

Because you want XDG to win the game. Voyboy and Cop picked 2 pretty safe champions who can peel for themself with blink and pool. So maybe they just wanted 2 safe picks because Leona/Vi/Mundo will be diving, not peeling.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So when can I watch the Korean games? I've got a bunch of free time this week, is there some place that hosts every pro game?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Don't worry guys Riot is going all out to make League of Legends the best game experience it can be!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh hey something actually happened.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

XDG remains the worst as usual. Good god their games are always terrible.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Bloodwater so loving ham

halwain
May 31, 2011
Hhaha never change saint vicious.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
bronze level plays from SV

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That awful ult by mancloud, holy gently caress

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is it just me or is Riv worse than usual today.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Is it just me or is Riv worse than usual today.

He is always worse than usual.

That team fight was terrible.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Mancloud makes mistake, throws ult early, XDG loses team fight.

Also Curse needs to transition to sweepers earlier. XDG just sets the jungle dark on Curse and then catches SV trying to ward with their deep wards.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That was some pretty unimpressive Gragas play.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
"Even Voyboy did well in teamfights" nice backhanded compliment.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Saveron_01 posted:

"Even Voyboy did well in teamfights" nice backhanded compliment.

Well he WAS on vlad. :downs:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
If Cloud 9 loses its because they didn't bait a baron bait.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

nomadologique posted:

The meta balance is completely busted, as far as I can tell there is only one thing that matters for winning at the moment: picking Shyvana or Trundle. These heroes are unkillable, do massive damage, cannot be removed from lane, have incredible movespeed, can zone and then singlehandedly kill the opposing backline, and are always the last ones standing at the end of a 8 or 9 death fight. So silly and boring.

Support is almost as bad. Ban Annie, FP Thresh, force the enemy support onto Leona.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Veiger pick!

halwain
May 31, 2011
Even if Dignitas will loose, that veigar pick :allears:

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
Veigar pick :tviv:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Why is C9 going so heavy-duty AD, blech.

I can't wait to see scarra on Veigar for whatever he's got planned with it.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
IWD has the most grating voice I've ever heard in esports, and that's an achievement. Are there any redeeming qualities to this asshat?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

ummmmmm Veigar?

Billy Pilgrim
Dec 20, 2005
Poo-tee-weet?
Grimey Drawer
Why did scarra just pick veigar vs a no AP team?

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Billy Pilgrim posted:

yeah its really weird

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

He's been practicing Veigar for a long time now so...there you go.

I should have given C9's bot lane more credit I guess.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 16, 2014

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hra Mormo posted:

IWD has the most grating voice I've ever heard in esports, and that's an achievement. Are there any redeeming qualities to this asshat?

He got a toxicity suspension from the LCS for like a year or something, so no he seems pretty awful. I missed the interview so I don't know about his voice though.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
gently caress Bjergsen for ruining Scarra's streak of being the only person to play Veigar on probuilds so I can't post it now.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Billy Pilgrim posted:

In theory, for the AoE stun vs a triple dive comp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hra Mormo posted:

He is alright to look at now that he doesn't have a stupid haircut.

• Locked thread