Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Kumaton posted:

So I got 3 questions;
I've got Mod Organizer all set up for Skyrim but I have no idea how to set it up for New Vegas. How would I go about doing this?
How do I fix the hosed up textures when using Aeronovalis' weapon textures and WMX?
Is the WMX-WME Merged Patch any good,and does it support Aeronovalis?

Your second and third questions are literally answered on this the last loving page, not even two posts above you.

Your first one - MO for new vegas/fallout has some issues with INI/XML editing mods like Darn/Project Nevada. What I did was install FOMM, then install all my UI mods and Project Nevada, run uHUD then fire up MO and install everything else from there.

e: new page :(

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Dude, awesome, thank you.

No problem - and it's cool to see a picture of the problem solved. Often when I help people out, the only indication I get that the problem is (possibly) solved is that they stop complaining that things are broken.

Kumaton posted:

So I got 3 questions;
I've got Mod Organizer all set up for Skyrim but I have no idea how to set it up for New Vegas. How would I go about doing this?
How do I fix the hosed up textures when using Aeronovalis' weapon textures and WMX?
Is the WMX-WME Merged Patch any good,and does it support Aeronovalis?

1) Dunno, I don't use it.

2) Grab the WMX-WRP patch from the WMX Nexus page.

3) There's a WMX-WME merge? How would that even work?

Edit: Beaten, sort of. I should refresh more often.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:
Is it okay to ask for FO3 mod recommendations here since there appears to be no separate thread for that? I've been trying to get the new version of TTW to work on my computer for two weeks now without success, which sucks because the previous version worked just fine and was fun from what little I got to play.

I'd still like to play FO3 but the vanilla game is kind of boring and I was wondering if there are good mods/tweaks that could mix it up, sort of like Project Nevada for NV. The Wanderer's Edition seemed interesting, but apparently that just turns the game into a ridiculously difficult slog.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
It's been years since I last dabbled into modding Fallout 3, but FWE is by the same team as Project Nevada and had similar customization options (though it was overall less elegant/modular). So, I'd suggest not worrying too much about difficulty, especially if you're not going to install Mart's Mutants Mod.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Snoop Radley posted:

Is it okay to ask for FO3 mod recommendations here since there appears to be no separate thread for that? I've been trying to get the new version of TTW to work on my computer for two weeks now without success, which sucks because the previous version worked just fine and was fun from what little I got to play.

I'd still like to play FO3 but the vanilla game is kind of boring and I was wondering if there are good mods/tweaks that could mix it up, sort of like Project Nevada for NV. The Wanderer's Edition seemed interesting, but apparently that just turns the game into a ridiculously difficult slog.

FWE is pretty drat customizable, so you should be able to "soften" its mechanics up a lot. It's been a while since I've played it, but I seem to remember it being fairly forgiving if you wanted it to be. Failing that, you might want to check out FOOK, since the FO3 version is a lot more comprehensive than the NV version, and it's generally easier than FWE.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:
Didn't realize FWE was made by the same people as PN - I think I'll look into it. I don't mind challenge, I just don't want the enemies to turn into bullet sponges or any cheap tricks like that.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

The King of Swag posted:

Quick update on the Lombard Station Expanded stuff from a few hours ago.

I'm super psyched about this. Will I be able to replace Lombard station from my current game and put yours in place of it?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Snoop Radley posted:

I just don't want the enemies to turn into bullet sponges or any cheap tricks like that.
The default settings of FWE attempt to achive the opposite of that and succeed pretty well in the vanilla game. But in the DLC you're going to encounter bullet sponges. That's by Bethesda's design.

If you have archives, here's the old FO3 modding thread.
Some recommendations:
Fallout Wanderers Edition
Mart's Mutant Mod: Adds more variety and has options to increase spawns.
Weapon Mod Kits
Fallout Interoperability Program: Compatibility patches for the above. Don't know if they're all still up-to-date though.
Darnified UI

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I just tried modding fallout 3 and played until I realized how buggy and unstable the engine is compared to NV. TTW is much better (as long as you ignore the story in 3 :spergin: )

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

horse mans posted:

I'm super psyched about this. Will I be able to replace Lombard station from my current game and put yours in place of it?

Yes and No. Yes in that you can replace the original Lombard Station and keep playing the same save, but no in that you'll need to take some precautions first. If you were to replace Lombard Station.esp with my new esp, NV wouldn't recognize them as the same plugin, because they're not. My plugin is actually a whole new one that was developed by merging the original LS and all of its DLC extensions into a new plugin file. What that means is that the Lombard Station in your save would be gone, and replaced by my new Lombard Station, which is all exactly the same on the outside (and the method of accessing it is unchanged), but any stored items will be gone and you'll need to go through blasting the cave-in and getting the station key again (or using the console to do it all if you're lazy).

So if you're going to keep playing the same save with Lombard Station Expanded, my suggestion is to empty out everything you have stored in it, save outside the station in the exterior cell, and then swap Lombard Station.esp with Lombard Station Expanded.esp. You'll then need to get the key from Jean's Sky Diving again and some dynamite to blast out the cave-in. You should be set from that point on.

As for a progress update, here's where I stand right now:

• The base sorting system is finished. Items are sorted into containers where the container already holds an item of that type.
  • The sort-exclusion list is finished.
    • Items added to the sort-exclusion list will not be sorted out of your inventory.
    • The stocking list has priority over the sort-exclusion list, so items in both lists will be kept stocked and the exclusion status ignored.
    • Because the system is binary (items are either excluded or they aren't), it works with all items, including weapons and armor.
  • The stocking list is finished.
    • Items in the stocking list will maintain a certain count in your inventory when you sort. So if you put 50 .357 Magnum rounds into the stocking list, the sorting system will always keep you personally stocked with 50 .357 Magnum rounds, assuming you have enough left in storage.
    • Because the entire system works based on what items are already in a container, the stocking list has a [Remove Last Item] option, where you can toggle whether the system will always keep the last item in the stack inside the container, or whether it'll go ahead and take it all.
    • The stocking system doesn't work with weapons or armor; this is an engine limitation (or at least NVSE doesn't have the needed functionality yet), because there's simply no method of moving only a certain number of items with information (health and/or mods), and preserving that information. All other items are easy to deal with, because they can be directly added and removed in specific quantities.
  • Item distribution system is finished. The item distribution system can be toggled on and off, and does just as its name implies. If the system is on, after you sort, the sorting system will automatically redistribute your items between all the containers that contain said item. So if you have 3 containers that all store some .22lr, the system will evenly distribute that .22lr between all 3. Originally this system was something that I thought wasn't even possible without just making it a hard-coded nightmare (and thus wasn't going to add), but I ended up having some inspiration and the script I managed to put together for it is actually simpler than a lot of the rest of the sorting system.
    • Does not work with weapons or armor, so they will not be distributed. Again, either an engine limitation or simply a lack of existing NVSE functionality.
  • The Sort Computator is semi-finished. It's the master sort computer where you can alter filtering lists and options, as well as perform master standard/heuristic sorts across the entire system.
    • [Needs Updating] Contains a usage reference on exactly how everything works. The sorting system has a lot of features (as you can see here), so it looks complicated typing it all out, but it's actually really simple to use. Making everything as easy as possible to do is one of my biggest design goals.
    • [Not Complete] Allows you to perform a heuristic sort across the entire station (more on this later).
    • [Complete] Allows you to perform a standard sort across the entire station. There will be individual clipboards at every section of the storage system (i.e. one for the armory storage, one for the weapon area, etc.), that allow you to sort just the containers in that section. The point of the master sort is when you don't care and just want everything sorted everywhere.
    • [Complete] Ability to toggle all of the sorting system options.
    • [Complete] Direct filtering list (exclusion and stocking list) editing. For how simple it is, this is really the pride of the sorting system for me. The closest thing I've seen to it is the Portable Tent mod, which has separate options to add or remove items from its exclusion and stocking list (you add items you want to add, but also add items you want to remove), and if you want to see the contents of the list, you need to run a console command where it'll print the list to the console. I knew from the get-go that type of system wouldn't cut it for me; it's just too clunky and hard to use. So I just went with the most natural and used an inaccessible container that represents the content of the list. There's no separate add or remove items from the list command; there's just the singular modify list command, which opens the container. The contents of the container when it's opened is the exact contents of the list, and you simply add or remove items from it as you want. The system is smart enough to know the difference between 'real' and 'representative' items. When you add items to the list and close it, you receive all your items back and the contents of the list are made 'representative' of the real items. If you take items out of the list and close it, they're removed from you because they aren't 'real' items. The system is capable of doing all this while completely preserving the health and mods of your weapons/armor.
  • [Not Completed] The heuristic sort I mentioned earlier is the last feature yet to be completed, and is what I'm going to work on next. Where the rest of the sorting system is reliant on items already being placed into containers where the player wants them, the heuristic sort tries to find proper places for items based on what it knows about the item and what it knows about the container. The way this system will work is that it'll perform a regular sort first, and then apply the heuristics to any items it doesn't know what to do with. I've already designed how this system will work behind the scenes (it's actually not that complicated), and I'm hoping the end result is something that will look like it's pretty smart (i.e. it just doesn't dump completely unrelated stuff everywhere).

So that's pretty much the entire sorting system in detail. Once the sorting system is done, I'm going to move onto fleshing out all the details (basically figure out where things need to go and then make them pretty), and then once that's done, I can move onto redesigning all the displays (weapon wall, ammo shelves, kitchen counter, etc.) since I'll know where they need to go at that point. Beyond that, I don't have any set plans and will need to play it by ear.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
You are doing god's Work, The King of Swag/

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So I'm just casually reading the Fallout Bible again for the first time in years, and you know what'd be neat? If somebody redid the Jackals and Vipers in FNV to fit their old school styles they were originally planned with.

Instead of just being some generic raider guys using generic types of armour.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Right now I'm tweaking my load order and mod list. I've built it around Fook-PN-Convergence and I'm slowly adding in all the elements of NVEC that I think add to the game in a positive manner without being blatantly cheating or lore-breaking (I'm a sucker for a game's lore, to the point where the quest mods I've added I've edited to give the quests names consistent with the base game - so AWOP doesn't have "Frank's Quest" etc, the quests are named after blues/country/jazz songs from the 50s and earlier)

Would there be any interest in this once I'm finished? It will be a very large compilation when I'm done. This is what I've added so far:

http://pastebin.com/BhvxJgVr

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Ddraig posted:

Right now I'm tweaking my load order and mod list. I've built it around Fook-PN-Convergence and I'm slowly adding in all the elements of NVEC that I think add to the game in a positive manner without being blatantly cheating or lore-breaking (I'm a sucker for a game's lore, to the point where the quest mods I've added I've edited to give the quests names consistent with the base game - so AWOP doesn't have "Frank's Quest" etc, the quests are named after blues/country/jazz songs from the 50s and earlier)

Would there be any interest in this once I'm finished? It will be a very large compilation when I'm done. This is what I've added so far:

You are singing my song; I use NVEC, but only because it's the only way I can fit all the mods I want in my load order, even if that means I have to put up with some dumb poo poo (which to be fair to the mod, there really isn't that much compared to a lot of other large compilations/mods). At a quick glance, the only major mod I see in there that I don't already use is FOOK, so if you're making everything work together and making it all more lore friendly (I'm a huge sucker for it too), I would love to use it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Yeah, I really like the idea of NVEC but I feel it adds some really stupid poo poo (like collectible NES stuff, which literally wouldn't exist or Behemoths which I think are making GBS threads over Fallout lore in a huge way)

I've just tweaked ADAM a bit, since I combined all the plugins into one which caused some weirdness with duplicate items with different form-ids, but I've fixed that.

Right now the only texture mods I have are Poco Bueno, the Book of Steel and the high-res Wasteland Clothing (aside from mods like CNR/ADAM and NCR Trooper Overhaul) as I feel the larger packs look a little too weird for my tastes, particularly as it's supposed to be the desert and some of the textures look way too clean for my tastes

It's also a performance issue as one thing I really can't stand is stuttery games. I know the engine has a lot of those problems anyway, but texture packs like NMC make the problem way, way worse - even with the 4GB patch.

e: :siren: STOP THE loving PRESSES HOLY poo poo http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55008/ :siren:

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 15, 2014

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Sup dudes. What's happening?

edit: Yep, it's finally out :keke:

Naky fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 15, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
what took u losers so long!!!

Just kidding. Won't use it this playthrough, but next playthrough. Nice work ya'll.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

The King of Swag posted:

Yes and No. Yes in that you can replace the original Lombard Station and keep playing the same save, but no in that you'll need to take some precautions first. If you were to replace Lombard Station.esp with my new esp, NV wouldn't recognize them as the same plugin, because they're not. My plugin is actually a whole new one that was developed by merging the original LS and all of its DLC extensions into a new plugin file. What that means is that the Lombard Station in your save would be gone, and replaced by my new Lombard Station, which is all exactly the same on the outside (and the method of accessing it is unchanged), but any stored items will be gone and you'll need to go through blasting the cave-in and getting the station key again (or using the console to do it all if you're lazy).

So if you're going to keep playing the same save with Lombard Station Expanded, my suggestion is to empty out everything you have stored in it, save outside the station in the exterior cell, and then swap Lombard Station.esp with Lombard Station Expanded.esp. You'll then need to get the key from Jean's Sky Diving again and some dynamite to blast out the cave-in. You should be set from that point on.

As for a progress update, here's where I stand right now:

• The base sorting system is finished. Items are sorted into containers where the container already holds an item of that type.
  • The sort-exclusion list is finished.
    • Items added to the sort-exclusion list will not be sorted out of your inventory.
    • The stocking list has priority over the sort-exclusion list, so items in both lists will be kept stocked and the exclusion status ignored.
    • Because the system is binary (items are either excluded or they aren't), it works with all items, including weapons and armor.
  • The stocking list is finished.
    • Items in the stocking list will maintain a certain count in your inventory when you sort. So if you put 50 .357 Magnum rounds into the stocking list, the sorting system will always keep you personally stocked with 50 .357 Magnum rounds, assuming you have enough left in storage.
    • Because the entire system works based on what items are already in a container, the stocking list has a [Remove Last Item] option, where you can toggle whether the system will always keep the last item in the stack inside the container, or whether it'll go ahead and take it all.
    • The stocking system doesn't work with weapons or armor; this is an engine limitation (or at least NVSE doesn't have the needed functionality yet), because there's simply no method of moving only a certain number of items with information (health and/or mods), and preserving that information. All other items are easy to deal with, because they can be directly added and removed in specific quantities.
  • Item distribution system is finished. The item distribution system can be toggled on and off, and does just as its name implies. If the system is on, after you sort, the sorting system will automatically redistribute your items between all the containers that contain said item. So if you have 3 containers that all store some .22lr, the system will evenly distribute that .22lr between all 3. Originally this system was something that I thought wasn't even possible without just making it a hard-coded nightmare (and thus wasn't going to add), but I ended up having some inspiration and the script I managed to put together for it is actually simpler than a lot of the rest of the sorting system.
    • Does not work with weapons or armor, so they will not be distributed. Again, either an engine limitation or simply a lack of existing NVSE functionality.
  • The Sort Computator is semi-finished. It's the master sort computer where you can alter filtering lists and options, as well as perform master standard/heuristic sorts across the entire system.
    • [Needs Updating] Contains a usage reference on exactly how everything works. The sorting system has a lot of features (as you can see here), so it looks complicated typing it all out, but it's actually really simple to use. Making everything as easy as possible to do is one of my biggest design goals.
    • [Not Complete] Allows you to perform a heuristic sort across the entire station (more on this later).
    • [Complete] Allows you to perform a standard sort across the entire station. There will be individual clipboards at every section of the storage system (i.e. one for the armory storage, one for the weapon area, etc.), that allow you to sort just the containers in that section. The point of the master sort is when you don't care and just want everything sorted everywhere.
    • [Complete] Ability to toggle all of the sorting system options.
    • [Complete] Direct filtering list (exclusion and stocking list) editing. For how simple it is, this is really the pride of the sorting system for me. The closest thing I've seen to it is the Portable Tent mod, which has separate options to add or remove items from its exclusion and stocking list (you add items you want to add, but also add items you want to remove), and if you want to see the contents of the list, you need to run a console command where it'll print the list to the console. I knew from the get-go that type of system wouldn't cut it for me; it's just too clunky and hard to use. So I just went with the most natural and used an inaccessible container that represents the content of the list. There's no separate add or remove items from the list command; there's just the singular modify list command, which opens the container. The contents of the container when it's opened is the exact contents of the list, and you simply add or remove items from it as you want. The system is smart enough to know the difference between 'real' and 'representative' items. When you add items to the list and close it, you receive all your items back and the contents of the list are made 'representative' of the real items. If you take items out of the list and close it, they're removed from you because they aren't 'real' items. The system is capable of doing all this while completely preserving the health and mods of your weapons/armor.
  • [Not Completed] The heuristic sort I mentioned earlier is the last feature yet to be completed, and is what I'm going to work on next. Where the rest of the sorting system is reliant on items already being placed into containers where the player wants them, the heuristic sort tries to find proper places for items based on what it knows about the item and what it knows about the container. The way this system will work is that it'll perform a regular sort first, and then apply the heuristics to any items it doesn't know what to do with. I've already designed how this system will work behind the scenes (it's actually not that complicated), and I'm hoping the end result is something that will look like it's pretty smart (i.e. it just doesn't dump completely unrelated stuff everywhere).

So that's pretty much the entire sorting system in detail. Once the sorting system is done, I'm going to move onto fleshing out all the details (basically figure out where things need to go and then make them pretty), and then once that's done, I can move onto redesigning all the displays (weapon wall, ammo shelves, kitchen counter, etc.) since I'll know where they need to go at that point. Beyond that, I don't have any set plans and will need to play it by ear.

Seriously take a look at the Portable Tent mod. They've implemented exactly what you're describing except for the item distribution system. You could steal their scripts straight up, probably.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Cantorsdust posted:

Seriously take a look at the Portable Tent mod. They've implemented exactly what you're describing except for the item distribution system. You could steal their scripts straight up, probably.

That's the issue: I did look at it and they don't. I even mentioned the system they use directly in my post. Also, why would I need to steal their scripts, all of that is already done?

Edit: What I mean to say is, yes, I have looked at it and I understand that it does have stocking and exclusion lists too, but while its end functionality is much the same, the UI for it is really clunky, requiring console commands just to find out what the list contents are. My biggest thing is end-user usability, so I've been pushing to better what I've seen elsewhere and in the case of the filtering lists, I (fortunately) found a solution.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 15, 2014

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Kuno posted:

Awhile ago someone (sorry I can't remember who) was talking about updating and expanding Lombard Station.

What happened to that, any progress?

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

That was me. Technical difficulties, medical difficulties, and spending the entirety of the last six weeks nearly bed-locked sick is what happened to it. I thought I'd be able to get back to it soon, but right now I'm not so sure. So unfortunately, it's on indefinite hold while I try to get my life sorted out and back to livable.

Psion posted:

Lombard is cursed :spooky:

Hope everything gets sorted out for you soon.

Ok, I was reading back through this thread (I had like a year backlog of posts to read before I posted about the Lombard Station stuff) and I just ran across this.

One of my uncles (I have a lot; my mom grew up in a big family) just died a couple of days ago :aaa:

Not that it's going to affect my work on this because I haven't seen him in 10 years and they're going to postpone his funeral and cremation until the end of the month, at which point we (being another uncle, my mom and me) need to take his ashes to the Grand Canyon and spread him out to the winds.

I've also been limping around all day because I stepped on a huge tumbleweed seed (they're thorny) yesterday, and woke up to a normal looking foot, but one that's sore as hell. Yay for living in the Mojave and having moved into a house that had a tumbleweed farm growing in the backyard. I've long since cleared them all out and burned them, but the seeds remain.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

The King of Swag posted:

That's the issue: I did look at it and they don't. I even mentioned the system they use directly in my post. Also, why would I need to steal their scripts, all of that is already done?

Edit: What I mean to say is, yes, I have looked at it and I understand that it does have stocking and exclusion lists too, but while its end functionality is much the same, the UI for it is really clunky, requiring console commands just to find out what the list contents are. My biggest thing is end-user usability, so I've been pushing to better what I've seen elsewhere and in the case of the filtering lists, I (fortunately) found a solution.

Sorry, I was just trying to be helpful :( Sorry about your uncle. In any case, when the mod does come out, it's likely to be the best house mod out there, or at least the one with the most advanced sorting system.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Cantorsdust posted:

Sorry, I was just trying to be helpful :( Sorry about your uncle. In any case, when the mod does come out, it's likely to be the best house mod out there, or at least the one with the most advanced sorting system.

No, I'm sorry if my post came off as hostile (which it did to me when reading it after posting, which is why I made the edit to try and clarify). It's just that at first, I read your post as if you were replying to me without actually having read what I wrote, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. It wasn't until after that I realized that wasn't the case, and that what you were saying was different than how I had interpreted it.

So no worries.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Anyone ever have a problem getting the 4GB patch to run through Mod Organizer, every time I try to run it it just doesn't.

Wilde Jagd
Jan 2, 2014

by XyloJW

dbzfandiego posted:

Anyone ever have a problem getting the 4GB patch to run through Mod Organizer, every time I try to run it it just doesn't.

I got it to run by setting the folder New Vegas is installed in as not Read-Only.

Has anyone used the outdated Project Nevada patch for the Stealth Suit re-haul? Does it still work with latest version?

Also, can anyone report on using WMX with Project Nevada and FOOK? The compatibility patch for FOOK on WMX's page is outdated.

cndblank
Nov 6, 2012

Ddraig posted:

I'd also be interested. NVEC has a lot of nice features, but some of them go too far.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
This mod. yea or nay?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40063/

It makes sense, but I'm guessing it would get kind of annoying for some companions. Though if Boone is knocked the gently caress out he really shouldn't be able to spot for you.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ddraig posted:

This mod. yea or nay?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40063/

It makes sense, but I'm guessing it would get kind of annoying for some companions. Though if Boone is knocked the gently caress out he really shouldn't be able to spot for you.

I've used it before, it works as advertised and I liked it.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Wilde Jagd posted:

I got it to run by setting the folder New Vegas is installed in as not Read-Only.

I cant get that to stick it always just reverts, any one know how to fix this?

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
This is a common problem and here's the standard MS response:

quote:

Hi Vasonic,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that, you want to remove read-only attributes for a folder that is present inside Program Data folder.

Refer these steps and check if it helps.

To view or to remove the Read-only or the System attributes of folders
Warning: If you remove the Read-only or System attribute from a folder, it may appear as a ordinary folder and some customizations may be lost. For example, Windows customizes the Fonts folder and provides a special folder view that permits you to hide variations, such as bold and italic. It also permits you to change the folder's view settings in ways that are specific to fonts. If you remove the Read-only and System attributes of the Fonts folder, these customized view settings are not available. For folders that you have customized by using the Customize tab of the folder's Properties dialog box, the folder icon and other customizations may be lost when you remove the Read-only attribute.

If a program cannot save files to a folder with the Read-only attribute, such as My Documents, change the Read-only attribute to System by using the Attrib command at a command prompt.
a. Type “cmd” on the Start screen.
b. Right-click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
c. Type the following command and press Enter:

To remove the Read-only attribute and to set the System attribute, use the following command:
attrib -r +s drive:\<path>\<foldername>

For example, to remove the Read-only attribute and to set the System attribute for the C:\Test folder, use the following command:
attrib -r +s c:\test

Be aware that some programs may not operate correctly with folders for which the System attribute and the Read-only attribute are set. Therefore, use the following command to remove these attributes:
attrib -r -s c:\test

Hope this will be helpful. If you still have further queries, please reply us and we will be happy to help you.
Thanks,

Babu V – Microsoft Support Engineer

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've got another (I think) problem with Textures and WMX:

I'm sure this is also a case of me not RTFMing the two mods.

e: Oddly enough, that was caused by YUP. Hiding the Hunting Rifle meshes for YUP in MO did the trick.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 16, 2014

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

I've got another (I think) problem with Textures and WMX:

I'm sure this is also a case of me not RTFMing the two mods.

e: Oddly enough, that was caused by YUP. Hiding the Hunting Rifle meshes for YUP in MO did the trick.

Yeah, WMX doesn't edit the Hunting Rifle; it already had the max of three weapon mods. That's sort of strange though; I also use WMX, WRP and YUP together but I don't have that problem.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
Lombard Station Expanded Update:

Heuristic Sort is done; I was originally going to make this a very detailed update of exactly how the system works, but after 2 days of fiddling with it and fine-tuning the algorithm used, I still find it lackluster, but there's nothing more to be done about it. It actually works pretty drat well for containers that have a predefined item type preference. Armor and weapon lockers end up with pretty much exactly the items you would expect to find in them--pistols in the pistol case, light armor in the light armor case, etc. Keep in mind that this is all done using information polled from the items themselves, so any modded armor will still (mostly) end up in the correct locker and modded weapons in their respective cases, and containers with a stated purpose fill up with what you expect them to.

But the heuristics system is essentially useless as far as containers with more ambivalent uses go, such as the "Armory Service Equipment" locker. Lockers like that exist to give the player a hint towards the type of stuff they should try storing there, but don't define any predefined item type, because they are ambivalent. What defines "Service Equipment" and a "Surplus Crate" is entirely up to the player to decide. Fortunately the standard sorting system is entirely built around that concept and whatever the player does decide belongs there, will be sorted there. But as far as the heuristic system goes, it's entirely useless in that scenario because it's unable to deduce what should go there.

Sure, once the player throws a bunch of stuff into a crate, the heuristic system can kinda figure out some other stuff that might belong based on what's already there, but without the push that the predefined container preferences give it, it more likes to just find containers that already have a lot of a certain item type in them, and then just dump all your items of the same type into that container.

For the hell of it, these are all the "preferred" item types that you can define on a container. They're actually all bit flags, so a container can define any combination of preferred types for itself, using bitwise operations (i.e. type_pistol | type_rifle would give you a value that contains both flags).

code:
; The preferred item type of this container. Note that this doesn't correlate to the item category values used by the GECK.
; Also note that these are bit flags and multiple types can be set by using LogicalOr to combine them. They can be retrieved 
; by using LogicalAnd with the querried type flag.

; Clothing 			type_clothing
; Light Armor 			type_light_armor
; Medium Armor			type_medium_armor
; Heavy Armor 			type_heavy_armor
; Hand to Hand Melee		type_melee_hand_to_hand
; One Handed Melee Weapon 	type_melee_one_handed
; Two Handed Melee Weapon 	type_melee_two_handed
; Regular Pistol 		type_pistol
; Energy Pistol			type_energy_pistol
; Regular Rifle 		type_rifle
; Automatic Rifle 		type_automatic_rifle
; Energy Rifle	 		type_energy_rifle
; ? 				type_handle_two_handed
; Weapon Launchers 		type_launcher
; Grenades 			type_grenade
; Mines 			type_mine
; Regular Thrown Weapon 	type_thrown
; Weapon Mods	 		type_weapon_mods
; Cartridge Ammo 		type_cartridge_ammo
; Energy Ammo	 		type_energy_ammo
; Heavy Ordinance (Ammo) 	type_heavy_ordinance
; Packaged Ammo 		type_packaged_ammo
; Reloading Components	 	type_reloading_components
; Food	 			type_food
; Chems 			type_chems
; Valuables 			type_valuables
; Books 			type_books
; Misc (Misc)	 		type_misc

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 17, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Swag, these posts are pretty rad. Maybe it's because I've used Lombard heavily and thus have context for them, but rad.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Assuming you already have permission from Omnicarus, it would be interesting to see Lombard Station Expanded get put up on Nexus once it's all done and shiny. It would be cool to see it get the exposure it deserves after all this time, especially with all these new sorting algorithms and potentially an overhaul of the standard weapon wall system every author's been using.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
I'd love to have his blessing to put it up on Nexus, but I haven't seen Omnicarus post here in a long time.

Edit: As for the weapon wall stuff; I have an idea that I'm going to try out tomorrow, and if it works, I'm going to be ecstatic because it'll frankly be fuckin' cool as beans. But I'm worried that the script block-type it would rely on won't work (like OnLoad; I don't give a poo poo what the GECK wiki says, it never activates regardless of what you attach the script to or how it's loaded).

Double edit: Even if it does work, it's just going to be a proof of concept for when I do overhaul the displays. I still need to setup, move, redesign, etc. large portions of the station to fit in all the things I want to add (keep in mind that I'm trying to make the place feel as much like an abandoned, once self-sufficient military outpost as I can).

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 17, 2014

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Omni has PM capability, so one could PM him. Though I've talked with him enough in the past that I'm 99% sure he wouldn't mind posting it on Nexus so long as he was credited too. Co-authors would make sense, seeing how you're basically in the process of gutting every technical system behind the mod by now.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
"You got a pretty face boy... I'd like to wear it..."

Fallout Character Overhaul keeps ctd a few seconds after showing the Bethesda screen... I've been up all loving night trying to figure out why and it's probably something blisteringly simple but I can't figure it out and so I feel it's time to let an expert professional goontech take a look. And in the mean time I'll go to bed and hopefully wake up with a beautiful solution to wipe away the oblivionesque misery I'll face (heh) if I can't get these faces to work.

Failed solutions
*uninstalled & re-dl FCO thinking something was corrupted.
*moved FCO.esm to highest load (well... not top top, but after GNRA at top obviously)
*cried & ate pizza

~dat NMM loadorder~

quote:

GameMode=FalloutNV
FalloutNV.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm=0
FOOK - New Vegas.esm=1
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm=1
NevadaSkies.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm=1
More Traits.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm=1
More Perks for Dead Money.esm=1
More Perks for Companions.esm=1
rePopulated Wasteland.esm=1
FCOMaster.esm=1
FOOK - New Vegas.esp=1
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp=0
EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp=0
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp=1
WMX-DeadMoney.esp=1
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp=1
WMX-HonestHearts.esp=1
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp=1
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp=1
WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp=1
WMX-FOOKNV CP.esp=1
WMX-FOOKNV-DLCs CP.esp=1
WMX-ShotgunCommando.esp=0
WMX-Arwen_NV_Realism.esp=0
WMX-EnergyWeaponsNoTrueIronSightsFix.esp=1
christinecos.esp=1
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp=1
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
MMUE POP.esp=1
MMUE-CP-FOOK.esp=1
MMUE-CP-EVE.esp=1
MMUE-CP-WMX.esp=1
ILO - GS Shack.esp=1
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
MMUE-CP-ILO.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp=1
MMUE-CP-Electrocity.esp=1
CASM.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
More Traits Update.esp=1
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp=1
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp=1
More Perks for Companions Update.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
Alternative Start.esp=1
OldWorldRadio.esp=1
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp=1
NewVegasBounties.esp=1
Portable Tent.esp=1
MMUE-CP-rePopulated.esp=1
Vurt's WFO.esp=1
Existence2.0.esp=1
MojaveExtended60.esp=1
MojaveExtended80.esp=1
MojaveExtended100.esp=1
MojaveExtended20.esp=1
MojaveExtended40.esp=1
MBOWBExtended40.esp=1
MBOWBExtended60.esp=1
MBOWBExtended80.esp=1
MBOWBExtended100.esp=1
MBOWBExtended20.esp=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp=1
GRA - The Right to Bear Arms -Vendors Untouched.esp=1
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp=1
Unified Backpack Mod.esp=1
FCO.esp=1
FCO - FOOK Patch.esp=1

Thanks dudes!

----
Fnvedit: More traits moved up load order to fix conflict. Game now crashes a second later... Progress? Sure.

OoohU fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 17, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
CTDs when you're launching the game are usually because of a missing master. Have you tried booting that load order with FNVEdit? It should tell you what master hasn't been found.
By the way, you shouldn't use all those esps for the radio mods, you're supposed to choose just the one with the number of songs you're interested in.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

CTDs when you're launching the game are usually because of a missing master. Have you tried booting that load order with FNVEdit? It should tell you what master hasn't been found.
By the way, you shouldn't use all those esps for the radio mods, you're supposed to choose just the one with the number of songs you're interested in.

I've never used FNVEdit before, mainly because I've always been put off by people mentioning how one can gently caress their games up. But I'll give it a go in a bit.

Also yeah, I wont be playing with all of them. Just had them enabled to see that they're not the source of ctds. Without FCO installed/active it boots and runs fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Man, an updated Lombard and an fetlled NVEC integrated into Convergance would be loving outstanding.

I used to have about half of the mods in NVEC standalone but that really swells the load order. Especially for tiny mods like companion perks being distance limited. Which is a really cool tweak but takes space up.

I've not got nv installed atm so I can't check how much of yuki's stuff is in NVEC because there was a goon doing a merge of that too.