Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

drunken officeparty posted:

What makes Safari Zone so hard?

You get a limited number of steps before getting kicked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
:911:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

350+ of 500 steps need to be in the right direction.

'Nuff said.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

literally everything about it?

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
He went down paralyzed and wrapped up, but not before taking like 6 others with him. :911:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Limited to 500 steps or something. As you can imagine, they'll hit that cap really quickly. While catching a ton of goddamn Rhyhorn. Then they'll run out of money.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

You need two things there: Surf HM, and an item that can be given to an NPC for Strength HM or somesuch. There's a limited amount of steps you can take and there's a literal maze to go through in order to get to both Surf and the item needed for Strength. Did I mention it costs money every time you have to enter it?

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
R.I.P. in Peace Pidgeot, you are a true American hero

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

You're limited to 500 steps, and an object necessary to completing the game is at the far end.

Also each attempt costs money.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Magic Underwear posted:

God the AI sucks. Half of these clutch bides and pidgey sweeps are because the enemy sees we have 5 hp and decides to defense curl 3x or a not very effective move. Does it get smarter in later generations?

I can't remember the details, but I think you could beat one of the Elite 4 with a zubat because the way the AI works. To answer your question, sort of.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I think the stream owner said somewhere that he had removed the entrance fee for the safari, and set it to unlimited steps.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ah ok, I haven't played pokemon in like 15 years. What is the Helix Fossil and why is it god?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ah ok, I haven't played pokemon in like 15 years. What is the Helix Fossil and why is it god?

The Helix Fossil is one of two fossils you can get at the end of Mt Moon(I think?) and the reason why it is god is because the chat keeps trying to use it all the time. As if it holds the answer to what we should all be doing.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

It is the light that guides us all.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

The Helix Fossil you can give to a guy late in the game and you'll get a Pokemon you can't get any other way out of it.

It's "god" because TwitchPlaysPokemon keeps clicking on it, so it's become a running joke that they're "consulting the fossil".

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

The main problem is that in Gen 1, the game doesn't sort the items in your bag into separate categories; they're just all in one pile. When, in a battle, you try to use an item that isn't a battle item (and the Helix Fossil isn't one), you get the "OAK: you're not supposed to use that now!" text.

Since the Helix Fossil happens to be near the top of the bag right now, it gets triggered a lot in battles.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Grinning Goblin posted:

The Helix Fossil is one of two fossils you can get at the end of Mt Moon(I think?) and the reason why it is god is because the chat keeps trying to use it all the time. As if it holds the answer to what we should all be doing.

...wait, it's Omanyte's fossil... as in, every time it's used what happens is basically

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Broken Cog posted:

I think the stream owner said somewhere that he had removed the entrance fee for the safari, and set it to unlimited steps.

This is good if true. Then we'll just have to worry about Twitch throwing every single safari ball they have in the first couple encounters and getting sent back to the entrance.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Buff the helix fossil

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
We should probably consult the SS ticket first, though.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Walkin Goon posted:

The Helix Fossil is the voice that guides us, and the SS ticket is the key to that path.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Ahaha they almost taught Teleport to Drowzee again

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Broken Cog posted:

That's good. It'll be funnier if Victory Road is the absolute hard block.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This was a lot cooler when there were less than 50,000 goddamn people all at once. :mad:

yep
Dec 29, 2012

Walkin Goon posted:

Heretic. Those who would indulge in such worldly possessions are not worthy of the glorious salvation that awaits those who believe only in The Fossil-y One.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Vitamin P posted:

That's good. It'll be funnier if Victory Road is the absolute hard block.

Victory Road is going to take 60 years the way it's designed.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Everyone has forgotten the Moonstone! :gonk:

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

precision posted:

This was a lot cooler when there were less than 50,000 goddamn people all at once. :mad:

It honestly doesn't make that much of a difference.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
You guys are all forgetting the Moon Stone. He was our go to guy for hours.

Until we tossed it along with the nugget.
I'm sure that won't happen again though.

e:fb

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Endorph posted:

The real impossible generation would be X/Y.

Imagine them trying to catch that Furfrou with Shauna. Just imagine it. For those that haven't played X/Y, it involves

1) talking to an NPC

2) Moving to a specific spot with that NPC following you

3) Turning around and talking to the NPC again to get them to stay there

4) Moving in a specific pattern to get the Furfrou to run away

5) Going back to the NPC and getting them to follow you again

6) Moving them to a different location, again turning around and talking to them to get them to stay there

7) Going around the room and coming at the Furfrou from the opposite angle.

Doesn't Gen 2 have the same puzzle with Farfetch'd?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Baron O Beefdip posted:

It honestly doesn't make that much of a difference.

I'm getting a poo poo ton more video lag, and people spamming totally unrelated poo poo in chat is dumb.

God, Twitch has stupid smilies.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Tae posted:

Victory Road is going to take 60 years the way it's designed.

what's the gimmick to victory road that would make it so hard?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Slate Action posted:

Oh yes, that's right. Actually Omanyte would lose as well due to having the same 4x weakness to Grass due to its typing (Rock/Water, same as Kabuto)
RIP Pidgeot

Wrap is normal type and Omastar would eat it for breakfast. When we reach Cinnabar to awaken the Old One, there will be a reckoning.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

even worse ledge, strength puzzles that require an explicit usage of strength per move of a boulder and if you gently caress up you have to reset the room.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

A long ledge that can only be approached by going down.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

Strength puzzles. I'm pretty sure it's very easy to get yourself in a situation where you need to reset the room.

E: Oh god, right- Strength in Gen 1 has to be used each time you want to push something - not turn it on per room.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Holes you can fall down too?

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Wrap is normal type and Omastar would eat it for breakfast. When we reach Cinnabar to awaken the Old One, there will be a reckoning.
I'm pretty sure the helix fossil will suffer the same fate as the moon stone by the time they get to Cinnibar. :smith:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.

Saagonsa posted:

Boulder Puzzles. One wrong push and we have to go up/down the ladders to reset them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Well, I was thinking more about Vine Whip which would do a ton of damage to Omastar.

Man, if we ever actually wake up the Helix Fossil :allears:

• Locked thread