Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Barf Wight posted:

Frank's Countach! Man I keep noticing new stuff.

The "Coors" sign as well... Whoever made that was no donkeybrain.

I see burning squad car from the Serpico episode, but no Agent Jack Bauer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Happy Valentine's Day!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Nelson Mandela posted:

Happy Valentine's Day!

hoooooarrr

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm kind of afraid to ask, but are there people out there that think the waitress is a bitch because she won't date Charlie and/or think Dennis is not creepy?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Pomp posted:

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but are there people out there that think the waitress is a bitch because she won't date Charlie and/or think Dennis is not creepy?

No.. I don't think so.

But there are people who find Dee/Kaitlin Olson unfunny so anything is possible.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Pomp posted:

I don't think the waitress is a bitch for not dating Charlie; Charlie is a weird dude. After the whole Les Liaisons Dangereuses business it's a little bit harder to sympathize.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Nelson Mandela posted:

Happy Valentine's Day!

Magnum condom and wad of hundreds not included.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I rewatched Mac Day the other day and it got me thinking; who do you think the best guest star/ recurring character is? Sean William Scott's delivery of "if you bring a knife to a fight you better be ready to use it you jabroni" absolutely killed me, but then there's Roxy's "this jacket is as tight as dick skin!" There's too many.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

redweird posted:

I rewatched Mac Day the other day and it got me thinking; who do you think the best guest star/ recurring character is? Sean William Scott's delivery of "if you bring a knife to a fight you better be ready to use it you jabroni" absolutely killed me, but then there's Roxy's "this jacket is as tight as dick skin!" There's too many.

Those are two great choices and it's sad we'll never see them again until the series finale when the gang is dead.

I think Gail the Snail and the Maniac both had a lot of potential and just need another good episode (they did basically nothing with Piper last time he was on the show). I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. Jinx back either.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Agronox posted:

Those are two great choices and it's sad we'll never see them again until the series finale when the gang is dead.

I think Gail the Snail and the Maniac both had a lot of potential and just need another good episode (they did basically nothing with Piper last time he was on the show). I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. Jinx back either.

Surely you don't mean the timeshare episode? Because he was solid gold in that. Somehow ending up wherever Ben went, the PTSD triggering accidentally working on him, thinking that their apartment was the timeshare, and it all culminating with him inexplicably being really good at selling Envigeron made for a great episode.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
When does Season 9 go up on Netflix? Because I don't remember any of this poo poo you guys are talking about.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Advice posted:

Surely you don't mean the timeshare episode? Because he was solid gold in that. Somehow ending up wherever Ben went, the PTSD triggering accidentally working on him, thinking that their apartment was the timeshare, and it all culminating with him inexplicably being really good at selling Envigeron made for a great episode.

I actually liked the end of that the most, where Maniac implied that he was moving in with Mac and Dennis. THAT would've been fun to follow up on. But the rest of the episode didn't impress me too much. Maybe I should check it out again.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

escape artist posted:

When does Season 9 go up on Netflix? Because I don't remember any of this poo poo you guys are talking about.

I was always told not until seasons are available for purchase in stores or online. You can pre-order the blu-ray on Amazon now but it doesn't have a date yet. Although season 8 was out on dvd for a few weeks before it hit netflix.

Shmitty
Oct 21, 2008
It's on Netflix in either Canada or the UK. Use Hola Unblocker, that's how I watched it.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Agronox posted:

I actually liked the end of that the most, where Maniac implied that he was moving in with Mac and Dennis. THAT would've been fun to follow up on. But the rest of the episode didn't impress me too much. Maybe I should check it out again.

"So, is he living with you guys now, or..."
"...It's a long story."

I will never understand how that wasn't everyone's favorite episode of the season. I love it so much.

"How did you get stuck in a coil?"
"How does anything happen, Charlie? Move past it!"

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

redweird posted:

For one-off characters, I really liked Jan, Dennis's European roommate after Mac and Charlie died.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

FadingChord posted:

For one-off characters, I really liked Jan, Dennis's European roommate after Mac and Charlie died.

Look bro, can I be honest with you? This is great and all, but I was really hoping for more of an anything goes, crazy European sex party sort of thing, something a little kinkier... you think you can put something like that together?

Of course I can, I'm European!

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 16, 2014

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

FadingChord posted:

Rex should be on the list too. But Jan is my favorite. I will occasionally fake a fist bump and do the "snake bite" thing with my fingers with my buddy to make him uncomfortable.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Advice posted:

"So, is he living with you guys now, or..."
"...It's a long story."

I will never understand how that wasn't everyone's favorite episode of the season. I love it so much.

"How did you get stuck in a coil?"
"How does anything happen, Charlie? Move past it!"

Sometimes a man in a coil is just a man in a coil.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

potee posted:

I see burning squad car from the Serpico episode, but no Agent Jack Bauer.

At the end of that Serpico episode, I love that Charlie's corruption-busting tape was recorded over a spindoctors mix.

In the episode 'Mac's Big Break' Frank tries to record a radio show with Dennis and Dee. Right over his Luther Vandross mix.

Cementing that the gang doesn't own any blank tapes

Carl Killer Miller fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 16, 2014

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
I liked P. Diddy's cameo. Especially with the reveal at the end he just sprayed Mac with pesticides.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Harry posted:

I liked P. Diddy's cameo. Especially with the reveal at the end he just sprayed Mac with pesticides.

Which episode is that? It is season 8 or 9?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

escape artist posted:

Which episode is that? It is season 8 or 9?

Season 8, I believe.

I think the name of the episode is, "Charlies Mom has Cancer" or something similar?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Season 8, I believe.

I think the name of the episode is, "Charlies Mom has Cancer" or something similar?

Word. Thanks. There are a few episodes from Season 8 I don't remember at all; it's almost like getting new Sunny during the offseason.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
That was my favorite episode of season 8, mainly just because I love Mac's mom so, so much. :allears:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Rex should be on the list too.

Technically. Rex isn't a one-timer. He came back (though he may not have even had any lines,) when Dee gives birth when the rest of the gang is gathering up "suspects" of who the baby's father might be.

If I am remembering correctly, the gross Korean bar kitchen chef is in the background milling about as well.

Edit: Though to be fair, the way Sunny likes their callbacks, there are few true "one-timers."

My favorite is the bartender and waitress from "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award."

I mean...who can't help but love their "will they/won't they" dynamic? :allears:

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 17, 2014

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Mac's line in Frank's Little Beauties, after Frank questions why Artemis is running the sound board sums it up pretty well:

"Who else are we going to get? We don't have a very deep bench."

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

My favorite is the bartender and waitress from "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award."

I mean...who can't help but love their "will they/won't they" dynamic? :allears:

I wish they would go back to that bar every week so we could find out.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sammus posted:

I wish they would go back to that bar every week so we could find out.

A season-long plotline where the gang kept going to that bar and gradually making things worse for everybody would be incredible. At the end of the season its basically Paddy's and they're all crack addicts.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

A season-long plotline where the gang kept going to that bar and gradually making things worse for everybody would be incredible. At the end of the season its basically Paddy's and they're all crack addicts.

Like kind of a Cricket thing? Because I think they could ruin those people over the course of an episode, hell, over the course of a B plot.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Technically. Rex isn't a one-timer. He came back (though he may not have even had any lines,) when Dee gives birth when the rest of the gang is gathering up "suspects" of who the baby's father might be.

Yeah I am a dummy. I can think of at least 3-4 episodes he's been in (including in Mac's dream of heaven). I guess I was just thinking of it in terms of favorite minor characters.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
X = 9 + 9 = box, that's where the cat goes

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Irish Joe posted:

Charlie would have written a song about the bar and then everything would be ok.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Found this chart of how many times people got paired up.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

Found this chart of how many times people got paired up.

Not surprising to see the Reynolds siblings at the top of the list, though I would have guessed that the Gruesome Twosome would have the highest number of pairings.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

timp posted:

Not surprising to see the Reynolds siblings at the top of the list, though I would have guessed that the Gruesome Twosome would have the highest number of pairings.

That's probably because Charlie/Frank episodes are the ones you wanna re-watch all the time :v:

So let's see if I can figure this out. Only two Dennis and Frank pairings. Were they both in "Gang Gets Whacked"?

Mac and Frank - Jersey Shore. What else?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

escape artist posted:

So let's see if I can figure this out. Only two Dennis and Frank pairings. Were they both in "Gang Gets Whacked"?

The episode where Dee was $cammin the IRS. Dennis and Frank paired together to enjoy some delicious Wolf Cola.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

escape artist posted:

That's probably because Charlie/Frank episodes are the ones you wanna re-watch all the time :v:

Intervention! Intervention!

Mac is with Frank when they go to the Snail's house in the intervention episode.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

escape artist posted:

Was it in "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom" where Frank shows up and asks Mac to take him out to find girls, and Frank uses "the move" on the dance floor and scares them off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dominator
Oct 1, 2003

Load Emotion File Happy_Human.bin
Processing.....
Processing..........
*ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND*

escape artist posted:

Frank was Dennis' pimp in 'The Gang Gets Whacked' yes.

Also Mac and Frank were together in 'Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life', trying to spice up Dennis' memoirs.