Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

DI-AN-A DE-GAR-MOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Todd Packer's multi-clip packs are back on YouTube since his suspension.

...ummm.....you guys should probably download them before they disappear again.

And then share them with us. :ssh:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Cliche Guevara posted:

Speaking of which, I've been listening to his OJ trial collections. I can't stand the clapping after every third joke, but it's refreshing to hear Howard make some pretty racy jokes instead of comment about his animals.

I see OJ, man. He be lookin' scared. :eek:

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Oh my lord, this is quite tenses.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
That was a totally farcical post. :mad:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I just finished the Birthday Show after listening to tons of old shows over the last 8 months.

It's crazy listening to the contrast in his style and how he has been treated by the world over the years. He went from this sort of ridiculous sideshow ringmaster and a rebel to now being considered this sort of "elder statesman" of comedy/radio.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

an adult beverage posted:

I just finished the Birthday Show after listening to tons of old shows over the last 8 months.

It's crazy listening to the contrast in his style and how he has been treated by the world over the years. He went from this sort of ridiculous sideshow ringmaster and a rebel to now being considered this sort of "elder statesman" of comedy/radio.

If you hang around long enough in America, you get rehabilitated in the public's eye. Before he died, Nixon was seen as an elder statesman and foreign-policy expert.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'm pretty sure his ego signed the DWTS contract on the basis of just that notion, that people would see a softer side to him.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

"King Of All Mea Culpas: After Relentless Bullying During 90s, Howard Stern Asked Kathie Lee Gifford, ‘Can You Forgive Me?’"

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/02/howard-stern-kathie-lee-gifford-apologizes-watch-what-happens-live/

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Sand Monster posted:

"King Of All Mea Culpas: After Relentless Bullying During 90s, Howard Stern Asked Kathie Lee Gifford, ‘Can You Forgive Me?’"

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/02/howard-stern-kathie-lee-gifford-apologizes-watch-what-happens-live/

I'd love it if Howard came back on the air and say that never happened. But given how toothless he is now, I'm sure it did.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/01/howard-stern-beth-wife-slams-critics-proud-crazy-cat-lady-kitten-super-bowl/

"Our Pets define us as a family"

"Explaining the heartbreak she feels when she and Howard have to give up their foster pets, Beth said: “I cry like a baby when I have to give them up. They are my babies.”

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
For the love of god it's so cruel to not give that woman a baby. He was barely a dad to the first three why would the fourth be different?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm no Beth hater by any means but I mean it was her choice to go ahead and marry a guy who made it clear he absolutely does not want any more kids, which would be a definite deal breaker for most people her age- it's not like she was married off to him as a teenager.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Beth wanted money and babies, and went for both. Her fault. I still hope she breaks him though.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I'd be happy if they just did mammary lane/ a live wrap up show on a regular basis. I love the variety of bits. You get some win fred's money, some angry callers, a classic whack pack bit or two, Artie stuff, and an interview or two thrown in for good measure.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So is Beth going to be on the Today show now?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

So is Beth going to be on the Today show now?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I suggest you all watch 'The King of Comedy' with Robert De Niro and Jerry Lewis. After hearing Howard call Sal "Rupert Pupkin" on Mammary Lane I decided to check it out. It really is eerie how close to Sal Rupert is. It makes me think Sal's whole 'Howard Obsession' was a bit inspired by this movie.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Human Crouton posted:

Beth wanted money and babies, and went for both. Her fault.

How could she have known he'd lock his condoms in a goddamn safe? God knows what he does with the used ones to keep them out of her hands.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Fred gets hypnotized --

"I got a couple grapes"

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Finndo posted:

Fred gets hypnotized --

"I got a couple grapes"

Sal's hypnosis was the best. "I'm a big turtle and I'm pregnant."

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

Finndo posted:

Douche chills indeed.

You guys realize that the intro is a parody, right? You know that Stern is a comedy and that he hosts a comedy show, right? Just making sure.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

You guys realize that the intro is a parody, right? You know that Stern is a comedy and that he hosts a comedy show, right? Just making sure.

You realize this post you're getting all worked up about was made nearly a week ago and is 2 pages back right? Maybe at that point it's better to just let it go??

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I too wonder this occasionally, my friend.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Stern's been doing a really funny parody of a cat lady too

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Cliche Guevara posted:

All I need is "Jeff the Drunk Part II" and my collection will be complete!

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

EngineerJoe posted:

I suggest you all watch 'The King of Comedy' with Robert De Niro and Jerry Lewis. After hearing Howard call Sal "Rupert Pupkin" on Mammary Lane I decided to check it out. It really is eerie how close to Sal Rupert is. It makes me think Sal's whole 'Howard Obsession' was a bit inspired by this movie.

Thanks for this. Good stuff here, I'd heard of it before but never searched it out. It's even got Sandra Bernhard!!!

And they're seriously playing the birthday show again this morning. I think I hate it now.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

No poo poo, I was kinda of surprised. Aren't all of his kids graduated highschool by now? The double week off mid-winter used to be to accommodate the public schools in Long Island.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Birthday show again.

I said earlier in this thread that Sirius should offer Howard another contract just to make sure that he doesn't go anywhere, but now that it's clear that he is not capable of working at all, they shouldn't even bother resigning him. They will though. Sirius is the stupidest company.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Birthday show again.

I said earlier in this thread that Sirius should offer Howard another contract just to make sure that he doesn't go anywhere, but now that it's clear that he is not capable of working at all, they shouldn't even bother resigning him. They will though. Sirius is the stupidest company.

They'll offer him twice as much money to do half as many live shows.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Is it really that hard to have non-repetitive content on one channel and 'featured' content on the other? Sure, play the birthday show on 100 but there's no reason to have one show repeating all day/week on 101.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

haljordan posted:

They'll offer him twice as much money to do half as many live shows.

At this point they should just offer him enough to air the old shows and maybe do an occasional weekly show.

geera
May 20, 2003
I think if I wasn't so lazy I probably would've canceled Sirius by now. With Pandora, etc for music, Howard is the only reason I still subscribe. Waking up this morning and hearing the start of a second week of vacation shows just seemed kind of ridiculous.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

At this point they should just offer him enough to air the old shows and maybe do an occasional weekly show.

But he would want the old shows edited

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Birthday show again.

Don't you guys know it's a federal holiday? President's Day. Of course Howard has it off.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Holy. poo poo. http://www.jewishjournal.com/emily_stern

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

rawdog pozfail posted:

Who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress

Yeah, her stuff isn't my cup of tea (to say the least), but I've never found it amusing enough to comb through and share. Same with that "Zoo Zoo Zah Zoo" or whatever it's called that some people on other forums take so seriously.

John Fütbol
May 18, 2003

FUCKING GOOOOOOOAL IN PHRAGMATICS FYAD CONTEST
I'm assume you've been briefed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Howard had a great rant this morning going off on this Dan Mason guy who used to work at CBS with him, Mason was doing some interview and lightly poo poo talked Howard. Only problem it was the wrong Dan Mason doing the interview :lol: