Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Im playing this on pc for the first time, having dumped hours into the xbox version back in the day. I just wanted to say that I feel like a lifelong scrublord for never playing Morrowind properly on the pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Zero Star posted:

In particular, there's a magic axe in a hollow treestump next to the lighthouse. Look for the stagnant pool next door (but not the one where Fargoth hides his stash)

Nah, the best one is the constant effect ring that fortifies intelligence and wisdom by 10 points, in an ancestral tomb somewhere north of Seyda Neen. It's the earliest and easiest CE item to get, and you'll probably keep it on for the majority of the game unless you're cheesing loads of money and godly enchants.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

You don't even need to cheese to get hella bank, I get rich as gently caress just by popping into any Daedric ruins I see when I'm going somewhere. By the time I have, say, 2 quest lines done, I usually have 500k and a small collection of Daedric, Ebony and Glass items in my house (I usually stop selling after ~500k because what the hell's the point after that).

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 17, 2014

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Shoehead posted:

It might be because I'm slowly slipping into a headache but this one makes the least sense to me..

Vivec asks Almalexia if sufficiently old and busted gods can be supplanted in their god-place by new ones that make more sense to people (see for instance lorkhan akatosh et al.). He says that Almalexia is "The Mother", which seems like a pretty stable gig, but what about him? Isn't he easy to misunderstand, being something like "The Executioner" or "The Fool", but neither exactly? She tells him that's why he made himself a mystic hermaphrodite using a magic clone of his own mother: he can produce new versions of himself from his own words, which will them have their own words, becoming endlessly self-supplanting. The "martial principle" and "sex-death" are both referring to how interactions between living things and the world result in the destruction of the old and the creation of the new.

So, as we already knew, the sermons produced a new Vivec, but not just in terms of a fake back-story, but in a very literal sense. Writing the sermons (the book of hours) destroyed the old Vivec (the ninth enemy (of vivec)).

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Zero Star posted:

In particular, there's a magic axe in a hollow treestump next to the lighthouse. Look for the stagnant pool next door (but not the one where Fargoth hides his stash)

There are also 25 drakes and a silver goblet in a tree stump right next to the door of the lighthouse :toot:

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Nah, the best one is the constant effect ring that fortifies intelligence and wisdom by 10 points, in an ancestral tomb somewhere north of Seyda Neen. It's the earliest and easiest CE item to get, and you'll probably keep it on for the majority of the game unless you're cheesing loads of money and godly enchants.

Pretty sure villagers mention that tomb if you ask them about rumours. They also mention boethiah's sunken shrine. Seyda Neen is the best-informed fishing village in the world

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

battlemage in the tradehouse mentioned it to me and then i accidentally found it at level 1

also broke into the sarano ancestral tomb north of the fields of kummu at level 1 and couldn't work out why the name sounded familiar. "poo poo, that's a bonewalker, they can disease me". stealthily got out a scroll of hellfire, flung it, bonewalker topples over. wait, that's a hunger. with an ebony helmet.

traded it for a glass shield at ghostgate when doing the seven graces pilgrimage. gently caress you, house redoran!

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
There's also the corpse of a tax collector hidden in the bushes of a nearby atoll for a free 200 coins. :)

Really though, if you are new to Morrowind you can have a TON of fun just searching the area around Sceyda Neen because there are so many cool little handplaced items/set-pieces.

edit: Actually, always rush for boots of blinding speed and a 1 second 100% resist magic spell so you can put them on. (or 50% if you are breton) then continue the game as normal because gently caress walking at 1 mile per hour.

Bright Future fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 17, 2014

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Crewmine posted:

Pretty sure villagers mention that tomb if you ask them about rumours. They also mention boethiah's sunken shrine. Seyda Neen is the best-informed fishing village in the world

I like how the Mentor's Ring rumor goes, "hey did you hear that some dumbfuck lost mentor's ring what an idiot goddam"

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Gobblecoque posted:

I like how the Mentor's Ring rumor goes, "hey did you hear that some dumbfuck lost mentor's ring what an idiot goddam"

It's doubly funny because the Mentor's Ring gives bonuses to intelligence and wisdom , so you would have to be really loving stupid to start out with to lose it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The mentor's ring is in the same urn as the "Ashes of Lord Brinne", who was a TES forums superstar that died while the game was being made, so y'all are talking some poo poo about a nice dead guy.

UESP says he also has tributes in Might and Magic VIII, Deus Ex and Ultima IX, thus making him the ascended uber-nerd.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Too bad that Bloodmoon changed all the rumors to " hey, did you hear about that island? It's called Solstheim!"

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
people still play this poo poo game lmao

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Always remember to loot Scourge's Head from that bar in Vivec.

Winter Fresh posted:

This is the end of you, you s'wit!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Winter Fresh posted:

Wake up!

We're here. Why are you shaking? Are you OK?

Wake up!

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Winter Fresh posted:

Hey guys, check out with n'wah over here.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Winter Fresh posted:

lets not make this official outlander, move along

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Winter Fresh posted:

under sun and sky outlander, we greet you warmly

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Winter Fresh posted:

May you walk on warm sands. :catdrugs:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Winter Fresh posted:

this guy likes titanfall lmao

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

get the rideable silt strider mod guys

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I was pissed in Dragonborn that you couldn't ride the silt strider. Bullshit, it's right there!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I have a feeling that you and I are to become VERY close!

- Fargoth, three seconds before his sudden and unexpected death

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I killed King Hlaalu Helseth to get his ring.

It's just too good.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Winter Fresh posted:

I will bathe in your blood.

Judge Bread
May 31, 2012

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED.
In bloodmoon were you guys team hircine or team skaal.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

TheChad posted:

You can create a 1 point of fire damage on target spell to train Destruction while you run around. It's very boring though so ehhhhh, get rich and pay for levels like a true morrowinder.

At the moment I'm brewing restore fatigue potions to sell to pay for teaching, but while I run to get ingredients I explode myself 'cos why not?

Doc Hawkins posted:

Vivec asks Almalexia if sufficiently old and busted gods can be supplanted in their god-place by new ones that make more sense to people (see for instance lorkhan akatosh et al.). He says that Almalexia is "The Mother", which seems like a pretty stable gig, but what about him? Isn't he easy to misunderstand, being something like "The Executioner" or "The Fool", but neither exactly? She tells him that's why he made himself a mystic hermaphrodite using a magic clone of his own mother: he can produce new versions of himself from his own words, which will them have their own words, becoming endlessly self-supplanting. The "martial principle" and "sex-death" are both referring to how interactions between living things and the world result in the destruction of the old and the creation of the new.

So, as we already knew, the sermons produced a new Vivec, but not just in terms of a fake back-story, but in a very literal sense. Writing the sermons (the book of hours) destroyed the old Vivec (the ninth enemy (of vivec)).

Ohh thanks. The idea of belief changing reality really reminds me of Planescape.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 17, 2014

Judge Bread
May 31, 2012

This dumb thread has convinced me to waste another 1000 hours of my life on this game.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Judge Bread posted:

This dumb thread has convinced me to waste another 1000 hours of my life on this game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Judge Bread posted:

this dumb thread has convinced me to waste 1000 trying to run this on OSX THEN waste it on the game

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Judge Bread posted:

In bloodmoon were you guys team hircine or team skaal.

team eec

e: and team thirsk

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gggiiimmmppp posted:

this guy likes titanfall lmao

i just played the beta so i do too. make of that what you will

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Judge Bread posted:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
i gotta re-roll. i'm dumb and chose spear as a major and long sword as a minor. why? :iiam:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Judge Bread posted:

were you guys team hircine or
There was another option? :confused: also

Watuhboy posted:

and team thirsk
never not team thirsk

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Oldstench posted:

i gotta re-roll. i'm dumb and chose spear as a major and long sword as a minor. why? :iiam:

roll with it. thats a good build

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Did anyone else use the sweet rear end castle by Caldera as their home? I filled that bad boy up with all the cool poo poo I had no need for. Plus, Mage's guild transport is right there.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
What do you think the inside of a silt strider feels like.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Caius's old house is still my gooncave. The chest is full and there's extra daedric/ebony poo poo scattered all over the floor. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

the night dad posted:

What do you think the inside of a silt strider feels like.

it's like sitting in one of those childrens' ballpits except every ball is a slime-covered egg ready to hatch into a tiny silt strider

• Locked thread