Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

But back to non dinosaur topics, Marc is dating Moon Zappa now? Hmmmm. Well, at least it's age appropriate! And there's no gold-digger factor to be scared of. And no daddy issue factor to take in oh god Frank Zappa had the exact same facial hair.

What episode/s has he talked about her in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Looks legit

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Haha holy loving poo poo.

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Doesnt surprise me but holy poo poo, there are some daddy issues there

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I'm not 100% sure "daddy issues" is merited. Maybe just "mustache fan"??

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Sivart13 posted:

I'm not 100% sure "daddy issues" is merited. Maybe just "mustache fan"??

Agreed, we're clearly in the 95% range.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

But back to non dinosaur topics, Marc is dating Moon Zappa now? Hmmmm. Well, at least it's age appropriate! And there's no gold-digger factor to be scared of. And no daddy issue factor to take in oh god Frank Zappa had the exact same facial hair.

They got on really well in her episode, she seems really cool.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He mentioned it at the top of the last episode. The Bronner soap guy one

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_434_-_moon_zappa

Marc rekindles his old friendship with Moon Zappa, the actress-writer-comedian and daughter of Frank Zappa, who has a lot to reflect on with Marc as they both enter similar times in their lives. Also, Daniel Nazer of the Electronic Frontier Foundation gets on the phone to update everyone on the latest news regarding the fight to save podcasting from patent trolls. This episode is sponsored by Stamps.com. Click on the radio mic and enter WTF to start a no-risk trial with a $110 bonus offer.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Snowy posted:

Looks legit

I don't think I see what you mean

Backdoor Mayor
May 14, 2007

I got a package for your mother...
Hey, don't forget that its totally mutual because now Maron can vicariously live his unhealthy 70s nostalgia through Moon Zappa.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
There's about 20 minutes of navel gazing and the whole Moon Unit romance story at the start of the Ron White podcast.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Haha. This is great.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I kinda like the idea of Marc becoming a stepdad (if this relationship lasts) to a precocious 9 year old girl. At least a hell of a lot better than an unstable 27 year old forcing him to having a baby at age 50.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I wish there was somewhere that had transcripts or summaries of WTF episodes or something. I'd like to know what you guys are talking about with certain interviews but I already listen to too many podcasts and awkwardness makes me uncomfortable even if I'm not personally involved, so I don't listen to the show very much.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beeez posted:

I wish there was somewhere that had transcripts or summaries of WTF episodes or something. I'd like to know what you guys are talking about with certain interviews but I already listen to too many podcasts and awkwardness makes me uncomfortable even if I'm not personally involved, so I don't listen to the show very much.

AV Club's Podmass recaps WTF every week.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Billy Connolly is awesome.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Jippa posted:

Billy Connolly is awesome.

Somehow, I had it in my mind that it was Billy Crystal and it was breaking my brain.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Allan Stephen episode was great. If you're interested to learn more about the comedy strike there is a great book called "I'm Dying Up Here: Heartbreak and High Times in Stand-Up Comedy's Golden Era" by William Knoedelseder that covers it pretty well.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The fact that Marc thought he booked Kevin McDonald (Kids in the Hall) and instead booked Kevin MacDonald (director of The King of Scotland and other films) and just decided to wing it is admirable and hilarious.

elstie
Mar 6, 2014
I've been saying lately to people that don't listen to WTF that he's not exactly a great interviewer in the classic sense, but he gets people to talk about things that you'd never hear them say in any other publicly accessible context. And the fact that he was able to wing it with someone he wasn't even sure about, is extra admirable, as you said.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
No posts in this thread for a while. I want too add I've been loving his interviews, I can't express every thing.

Marc's interviews are a staple of my week at work now. There is nobody better in my opinion.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

For anyone interested, Marc was on Kevin Pereira's podcast, Pointless, this week. I really enjoyed it, but I really enjoy Kevin and I know some people find him irritating.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Maron's monologue yesterday was pretty great. It's fun to listen to him rant when he has a wall to throw himself against, instead of listening to him work in "angry Prairie Home Companion" mode.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The interviews with the old comedy store people are always these weird just sort of jumble of stories that are really hard to keep up with.

Marc admirably tries too steer them in a direction but they seem to be these type of guys that never even let you finish a question or thought with out launching into another thing.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Agreed, but I love the interviews anyway. It helps if you've read any of the books about that time, like this one which has been referenced a few times on WTF including in the Bursky episode. It gives you a rough timeline which helps when the interviewees jump all over the place.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It'd be neat if Marc or his producer or whatever would edit together a special episode from all the comedy store interviews. Do sort of a history of the place in chronological order from all the different points of view.

I would also except a episode that would be essentially a super edit of all the comedian's Lorne Michaels impressions.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Marc and Moon broke up :/

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Marc and Moon broke up :/

It sounded like that was coming from the Judy Greer interview. He mentioned something about them being apart in a way that seemed ominous.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
And the fact that there seemed to be an issue of just getting her something to eat and drink. He spent so much time freaking out and not loving up the relationship and it caused him to do just that.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
I saw Marc a few weeks ago and it didn't sound like things were going smoothly.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

His 5,467 tweets yelling at Time Warner Cable last month for not fixing his service was a warning sign, now that I look back on it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I really enjoyed the RuPaul episode. I really enjoy RuPaul in general, but I thought it was a good example of Marc interviewing someone he knows nothing about and managing to handle it well.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It was definitely one of the best non-comedian episodes. When RuPaul mentioned Monty Python was his earliest influence and Marc was going through all their appealing qualities to a young RuPaul, I must've been one of thousands of people yelling "They were constantly in drag!!!!" in their cars.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Well if you are interested in Marc's personal life at all this is the episode.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Can anyone give a rundown of the episode? I listened to the first ten minutes and he was being introspective and threw in a clip of the Odenkirk episode - if it's just a clip show from previous episodes, I'll probably skip it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It's an entire show of Marc getting his head further up his own rear end than ever before, and that's saying a lot. I'm about to give up 3/4 of the way through. ymmv

Oh wait now he's calling his dad, ok, guess I'll ride it out.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

Can anyone give a rundown of the episode? I listened to the first ten minutes and he was being introspective and threw in a clip of the Odenkirk episode - if it's just a clip show from previous episodes, I'll probably skip it.

Call your dad. He will appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I skipped the chunk in the middle with Steve Brill and listened to the rest. Not really a recommendable episode but if anyone wants to hear Marc and his dad kinda of reconcile (but mostly just agree to get over their argument), that part was kind of nice.

• Locked thread