Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009
Failing that, Biker Mice from Mars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay Batista, you need to look mean and green and like you're going to kick someones rear end.
Duuuuh *maintains a blank expression on his face during photoshoot* I've got muscles and tattoos.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

twistedmentat posted:

Okay Batista, you need to look mean and green and like you're going to kick someones rear end.
Duuuuh *maintains a blank expression on his face during photoshoot* I've got muscles and tattoos.

Dave Batista may be a limited wrestler and mediocre actor but he's not a dumb-dumb. It's a little weird to try and blame him for a poster that's 95% photoshop and CG.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, Gamora looks even worse there.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ufarn posted:

Failing that, Biker Mice from Mars.

Space Usagi.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Dave Batista may be a limited wrestler and mediocre actor but he's not a dumb-dumb. It's a little weird to try and blame him for a poster that's 95% photoshop and CG.

More like 100% actually.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Big budget live-action Cat poo poo 01.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

No, you're right, I was being overly harsh at a bad PS job. Still, they couldn't make him glower?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's an action figure shot of Ronan the Accuser in GOTG

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I don't see a middle ground for this movie. It's either going to be amazing or goddamn terrible.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I sure hope that there's an action figure of John C Reilly in a Nova Corps outfit, because I'm pretty much gonna have to own that.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Yes, thank you for dissecting that particular frog even though everyone here totally got it the first time.

And to be fair there was that one JLA arc where it showed a future League rebelling against a Darkseid-controlled Earth and Green Arrow (Connor Hawke) was instrumental in saving the day:

i like how dc just kept making connor whiter and whiter

Can't have one of those people taking the mantle of one of our most beloved characters! :shepface:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dacap posted:

That's a sweet design and true to the character. Man I really can't wait to see more footage.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Where is his big fuckoff hammer?
But yea, I could see GoG being very decisive. No matter the actual quality of the film, people are going to love or hate it. I'm sure kids are going to go nuts for it, and Gammora has a real potential to be a kick rear end lady icon. What i'm most curious is how the Nova Corps are going to fit into the plot, and Nebula, and whomever Michael Rooker is playing and all the supporting cast.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Dacap posted:

Replacing the green design with silver just makes him look like a stumpy Silver Samurai.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Waterhaul posted:

Replacing the green design with silver just makes him look like a stumpy Silver Samurai.

I was just thinking that. I hope it's somewhat more dynamic onscreen, and less Samurai-y.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

twistedmentat posted:

He can't have a hammer in the movie, audiences might mistake him for Thor.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

twistedmentat posted:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Now that poo poo is loving awesome. I really hope we get a few scenes of John C. Reilly and Glenn Close kicking rear end as a Nova Corps member. Like, zipping all over space and pounding on bad guys.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gatts posted:

Now that poo poo is loving awesome. I really hope we get a few scenes of John C. Reilly and Glenn Close kicking rear end as a Nova Corps member. Like, zipping all over space and pounding on bad guys.

Yeah, the lego sets (and the ship designs in general) look pretty nice:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

That's nice and all but why does blue Darth Vader have a hammer.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I'm sure it's just the weird scale of the Lego figure but he looks a bit like an olde timey photographer:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

I wonder if they were afraid to give two major villains (Loki being the other) a green-ish metallic visual theme for fear of confusion?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm sure it's just the weird scale of the Lego figure but he looks a bit like an olde timey photographer:

Ronan the Photographer.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

:swoon: I can't remember the last time I played with Legos or paid $75 for a toy but I so want this.

Which is pretty much my general reaction to Guardians, for some reason. I don't know anything about the comic--even less than, say, Iron Man before he got his movie--but for some reason I'm excited for August, and to see this thing in motion.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dave Bautista is a large man.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/02/17/guardians-of-the-galaxy-sneak-peek/5554079/

Oh god I can't wait for tomorrow :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Also watch out for Cap 2 Spoilers. There's a pretty major one out there.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
So the Milano is named after Alyssa Milano, right?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Barry Convex posted:

Well, Star-Lord does seem to have a very 80s mindset...

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
USA Today has an article about GotG ahead of the trailer tomorrow. There's a few new images and some new plot info. I was particularly happy to see this bit:

USA Today posted:

Their stories converge in the space prison Kyln. After the characters break out, they venture to Knowhere (the severed head of a celestial being that serves as a hangout for aliens) and visit the weird menagerie of the Collector (Benicio Del Toro).
(Not sure if this counts as spoilers)

e:f,b

SaintFu fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 18, 2014

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I am crazy excited that Chris Pratt gets to be a legit movie star.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Barry Convex posted:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

theflyingorc posted:

I am crazy excited that Chris Pratt gets to be a legit movie star.

Glad he is getting better roles then this

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
That Groot Legends toy is the greatest action figure ever.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
gently caress the raccoon, the spacesuit dog's in this too, right?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
OH MY GOD!!!! They loving go to Knowhere, loving dead Celestial's head. AWESOME. I hope that's picked up later in a movie somewhere.

PLEASE be awesome. Or if not good, then so bad its good. Something. Just be entertaining will be great.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

You can't have Knowhere if you don't have Cosmo. :colbert:

Sure hope that Abnett and Lanning are making SOME money off of this..

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

bobkatt013 posted:

Glad he is getting better roles then this

He was the only good part of that movie.

But yeah this is too big too fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Binary Badger posted:

You can't have Knowhere if you don't have Cosmo. :colbert:

Sure hope that Abnett and Lanning are making SOME money off of this..

I remember Gunn had them on set at some point so they should at least be getting some consultancy money

• Locked thread