Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
New clown shoes

Asics GT-2000 2

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

KING EGG posted:

Seymour Duncan SH-4 for the bridge and SH-2 for the neck. A friend of mine is a major audiophile and wants me to replace the pots and caps in it as well, but I'll see how I go.

Good luck with that, it's really annoying to replace electronics in semi-hollows. pro tip: use string attached to the pots to pull them through the f hole and into position

Insonix
Dec 5, 2007

DON'T BET ON ME.

OptimusMatrix posted:

After 5 months on the waiting list it finally arrived and its amazing no matter what ohm coil I throw at it.

For the love of God.... I'm gonna need a link please! My eVic died and I was just about to go mechanical and sub ohm. But seriously that's beautiful.

mystes
May 31, 2006

The nintendo controller ecigarette device, the 21st century equivalent of the diamond-studded ornamental snuff box.

KING EGG
Dec 1, 2000

Saturday is "Treat Day"

muike posted:

Good luck with that, it's really annoying to replace electronics in semi-hollows. pro tip: use string attached to the pots to pull them through the f hole and into position

A luthier that I met once used plastic tubing to pull wires and pots through. A link here if you're interested: http://www.richardsguitars.com.au/?page_id=3551

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Insonix posted:

For the love of God.... I'm gonna need a link please! My eVic died and I was just about to go mechanical and sub ohm. But seriously that's beautiful.

Here's his Facebook page. You email him to be put on the waiting list. Like I said it took me 5 months to get mine but it was so worth it. It sub ohms down to .5 and every tank I've thrown on it has performed marvelously.
https://m.facebook.com/Littupcustomecigs?id=172854456201667&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FLittupcustomecigs&refid=9&_rdr#_=_

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

KING EGG posted:

A luthier that I met once used plastic tubing to pull wires and pots through. A link here if you're interested: http://www.richardsguitars.com.au/?page_id=3551

That's pretty much the method I know, but thanks for the link. I really like seeing breakdowns and work-in-progress like this.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

A birthday present for my former flatmate.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Sorbus posted:

A birthday present for my former flatmate.

Link? That's awesome!

kells
Mar 19, 2009
I got this to put in my eggs:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

kells posted:

Not as pricey as I thought it would be. Can you really taste the truffle infusion?

I live in :911: so this is basically curiosity but hey.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Totally TWISTED posted:

Not as pricey as I thought it would be. Can you really taste the truffle infusion?

What is the deal with truffles? I've been hearing about them a bunch as of late.

Content:

AM by the Arctic Monkeys

mystes
May 31, 2006

Totally TWISTED posted:

Not as pricey as I thought it would be.
Truffle oil generally isn't made with real truffles.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

An Impress Coffee Brewer. Basically a french press that's also essentially a 3-walled insulated travel mug.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

kells posted:

Why isn't it work safe? :confused:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

$350 worth of double glass door to finish my upstairs (still have to paint it and pull the plastic off the glass panes & run trim around it.)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Scarf posted:

An Impress Coffee Brewer. Basically a french press that's also essentially a 3-walled insulated travel mug.

Congratulations for making me spend money, you glorious person.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

strangemusic posted:

Congratulations for making me spend money, you glorious person.

:mmmhmm: :coffee:

coffee is always a good investment.

kells
Mar 19, 2009

Totally TWISTED posted:

It probably doesn't use real truffles considering the price but it's very tasty anyway.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why isn't it work safe? :confused:

Huh?

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

New South Wales pun.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

mystes posted:

Truffle oil generally isn't made with real truffles.

Color me informed. I've actually never had truffles :v:

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Totally TWISTED posted:

Color me informed. I've actually never had truffles :v:

It's almost exactly like imitation vanilla extract. A replication of the primary compound but missing a lot.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Geoj posted:

$350 worth of double glass door to finish my upstairs (still have to paint it and pull the plastic off the glass panes & run trim around it.)

Very nice

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
An update regarding the Princeton Tec lights I bought (and reported in the thread).
Here's a "review" on my tumblr:
http://nadav-igra.tumblr.com/post/77075860399/princeton-tec-review

Bicycle PUSH light turns off when shaken mildly.

REMIX red battery tab broke.

FRED case broke.

Their customer support is super nice and responsive and promised to ship out replacements ASAP so if I was buying good customer support Princeton Tec is a great choice.
For lights, not so much.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Who would you recommend now, given the crap with Princeton Tec? I'm actually in need of some lights for my bike...

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
A mag-light would probably work best, since it can double as a baton in a pinch.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I like my Knog USB rechargeable bike lights. The front isn't super bright for seeing, but the flash mode is plenty bright to be seen.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Link? That's awesome!

http://tinyurl.com/oydxxoe

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Scarf posted:

Who would you recommend now, given the crap with Princeton Tec? I'm actually in need of some lights for my bike...

Fenix with bicycle mount. I've got the LD-20 for a couple of years which works really well and is built rugged and not expensive. For headlamp it depends on your budget: on the cheap end you got Petzl (though I've no experience with it). Flashlight aficionados seem to regard the Zebralight brand with the highest regard but they can be pricey. Maybe Surefire also, on the higher end.

Maglite really does double well as a baton but it's poo poo for illumination. Don't get a Maglite.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Scarf posted:

I adore my Lezyne lights. Super bright and well-made.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I got some new brakes for my bike. My old ones weren't good enough for the Alps.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

yellowD posted:

I adore my Lezyne lights. Super bright and well-made.

Or yeah, a dedicated bicycle light might be a good idea.
I'm not that well versed in those. But mind you, it may not tactical and won't enhance your counter-offensive array. :jihad:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Got some carbon clip on aero-bars for my road bike for the traithlon I have next month and training for my half iron man. I think they're a little short for me, because getting the fit dialed in has been a lot of work, but they're nice $200+ bars I got used for $40 so I can't complain. It does make me want my tri bike now though, damnit.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I got some new shoes.
For work - Ecco Helsinki Bike Toe Black

For walking around Colorado on vacation and work - Ecco Track 6 GTX Brown

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

More bike chat. I pulled my old Trek 1000 out of storage and determined that the entire Sora/Tiagra drivetrain was junked, which is too bad because I really like the frame. Rather than spend a bunch of effort restoring trash components, I ordered this single speed from State Bicycle to ride around town while I upgrade the Trek to a 105 groupset.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Domyos Fold3

I have a tiny appartment, so I needed something compact.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Please attempt to use it in this position.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Scarf posted:

Please attempt to use it in this position.
Will do, and will post a trip report from the hospital after destroying my knees

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredLordofCheese
Aug 16, 2005

Hey there, here's your pizza, may I ask why you are wearing that sheer robe?

LTBS posted:

I got some new shoes.
For work - Ecco Helsinki Bike Toe Black

I bought a pair of those shoes around 5 years ago, they still look brand new despite being my daily shoes for 3 of those 5 years. They are tanks, I even wore them when I had to cover a 5K race and ran around the track and through some muddy fields while taking photos.

Back to bicycle stuff!

Rain/wind jacket from Chrome in case California decides to have weather. Got it off of the Clymb website, because it was only $119

I also got new shoes for commuting to work. DZR's are pretty well reviewed in general and so far the Strasses have been rock solid.

Got new pedals on Amazon to go with the new shoes

I also have a pair of awesome Northwave Extreme Tech SBS carbon fiber featherweight cycling shoes last year but using them on my daily commute was destroying them. Their customer service was awesome though, I had to replace the heel pad on the right shoe, and they airmailed me a replacement from Italy for $18. [ link for those interested ]

Also bought new brakes for my fiancée's bicycle for Valentines day so she doesn't crush any more freshman's bicycles on campus while trying to stop. Here is a picture of the bike because the brakes are boring.

• Locked thread