Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Elegance and Composure. Internal Affairs can come later once we've milked Yielding of its Royal Demeanor benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

MiracleFlare posted:

Elegance and Composure. Internal Affairs can come later once we've milked Yielding of its Royal Demeanor benefits.

Yes agree, put me down for these too. We could all use a bit more refinement!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Francis posted:

Maybe just link to it on the test poster and only include new information in your post?

Good idea. I'll do this for future updates.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I Said No posted:

Oh christ, what a dumbass! :ughh:

She's actually right though: hospitals increase the spread of sickness. The benefits that hospitals provide aren't really medical so much as logistical. It's just easier for the doctors when the patients come to them instead of running around between different houses all the time. I thought we taught her some logistics though...

Mushball
May 23, 2012
Let's do Elegance and Presence. Our forces took a hit defending our nation, but we need to educate ourselves about appearances before shaping the nation into a military superpower.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
2x Elegance.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Clarste posted:

She's actually right though: hospitals increase the spread of sickness. The benefits that hospitals provide aren't really medical so much as logistical. It's just easier for the doctors when the patients come to them instead of running around between different houses all the time. I thought we taught her some logistics though...

The key word being "some". This is all she knows about logistics:

quote:

10: You learn about the types and amounts of food required for an army on the march, and how long they will remain edible.

In view that all this training is being provided to Elodie only after the death of the previous Queen (Elodie's mother), I surmise that the previous Queen had deliberately stunted Elodie's education and kept her utterly ignorant about everything, so as to avoid any competition for the throne from Elodie during her (the previous Queen's) lifetime.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 17, 2014

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
Foreign Affairs seems like it's something we should know sooner, rather than later. x2 on that.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Composure, because that's the sort of skill we might want sooner rather than later, and Elegance.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Composure and Elegance.

I snagged this game during the Valentine's Day sale, like 80% because of this LP. I've died three times (twice from the same event), won once (Although the reign of Sorceress-Queen Elodie was less bloodthirsty than I would've liked), and I keep preparing for the wrong things. Like my latest run was a brainiac run, nothing but intellectual skills, and I still managed to flub both the printing press and hospital checks.

e: And now my princess is stuck on Cheerful. It's sort of creepy.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 17, 2014

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Accounting and Presence

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Composure and Elegance

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Rapidly skipping and savescumming, I actually won for once! Knowledge is power.
I shall be following the alternate paths laid out here with interest.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Lunar Suite posted:

Rapidly skipping and savescumming, I actually won for once! Knowledge is power.
I shall be following the alternate paths laid out here with interest.

I don't think it counts as savescumming, unless sticking your fingers in a choose-your-own-adventure novel so you can choose-a-different-adventure is also cheating. (In which case a tiny middle-school-aged zonohedron has some words for you. If yelling at you goes badly she'll try staring at you disapprovingly instead! :v:)

Besides, unless you have a save every week, it's hard to avoid "oh hey I can either go back ten weeks or I can go back two, but either way I need 50 in a skill that's at 0 right now or I die, so I can't go back only two weeks, but if I go back ten and I just focus on that skill, how do I keep from dying when I get back to two weeks ago?" (Which is why after I won once I spent three hours trying to pass a skill check that I'd failed right before winning, to see what would happen. For those who've gotten most of the endings, the one that took me three hours is the one that results in children making a portrait of you in the epilogue.)

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Class

Elegance: 16

Presence: 9

Composure: 6

Internal Affairs: 3

Accounting: 2

Military: 2

Trade: 2

Lore: 2

Foreign Affairs: 2

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

zonohedron posted:

For those who've gotten most of the endings, the one that took me three hours is the one that results in children making a portrait of you in the epilogue.)
That's the first one I got, due to a combination of "I know some of these skillchecks" and accident. Though there's definitely some things I'm curious about now. Wish there was a New Game Plus, though.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 17, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Which sister?

Corisande, the Duchess of Mead.

Is she all right?

She is unharmed. We caught the culprit in the kitchens before anyone could eat her foul spew.

Well, what do you have to say for yourself?

Condemned Woman: It's justice, it is! Them devils killed me brother, and broke me mam's heart. Lied to her, they did, when she went to see why he'd not come back. Said he'd gone for a soldier, when he never would! He weren't the only one neither. I waited ten years for my chance to get my own back. That's justice!

You see? She's completely unrepentant! Hang her and be done with it.

(Hmm. This might have something to do with the last Duke of Mead. He was involved in all sorts of scandals.)

What should we do? Also, what kindergarten classes should Elodie take?

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 19, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

There are a couple things I need to note about this update:

1) I put the skill check images above the dialogue they affect. Before, I put them below. Which way looks better?

2) Normally the game always shows Elodie in whatever outfit she wears. However, I can't get good quality mughshots of her with them on, so I use the default ones.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 17, 2014

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Execute her, since we're too terrible at everything to sweet-talk the Earl into accepting anything less.

Since we're still Yielding, Elegance and Composure, then Sneak Out to boost our willfulness back up.

EDIT: Putting the skill check first works better. Cause, effect.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
For some reason the catsuit reminds me of the psychoanalytic cardiac-dampening sneaky stealth suit from New Vegas.

Anyway, Ask the Earl about the situation so we can get more info.

And continue reaping the yielding bonus with Elegance and composure

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
This will probably be futile, but ask the earl. More elegance and composure.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Execute her.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Put her to work in the acid mines.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Ask.

And seconding that this new style of checks > dialogue is better.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Full list of Things we know at this point in time

New things we’ve just learnt

Named characters posted:

Kevan – Earl of Io

Skills posted:

Elegance

10: You practise walking along a narrow rail, taking each step carefully and focusing on your balance.

Presence

40: You plant your feet in a strong stance, imagining that you are a tree, deeply rooted in the earth. You can feel that power within you and know that you will not be pushed aside.

Skill Checks posted:

Week 13
Novan History = Skill Level 0 was not enough to pass
Internal Affairs = Skill Level 80.4 was enough for a partial success

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 18, 2014

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Agreeing that before the dialogue looks better.

We have to ask about her story (because I haven't gotten that as an option - but if internal affairs of 80.4 was only enough for a partial success, I'm not surprised!)

Let's study Kindergarten Story Hour Lore and Kindergarten Number Games Accounting.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Remember to check the second post whenever I introduce a new profile. I should have a version without the dialogue there.

Also I thought you were going to use the screen shot test poster? Updating an older post means that people reading the earlier posts for the first time will get spoilers. Could shorten all your older posts to the "new things learned" too?

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 18, 2014

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Let's ask because its only fair to hear her out. Perhaps we can execute her after story time

Also if we remain yielding, study Composure and Elegance.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Composure and Elegance

Off with her head!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm pretty sure you all know what I'm going to choose :black101:

(hint: It's Execution)

Also Military x2

DLord
Apr 28, 2013
ask about her story
Accountingwe need money

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MegaZeroX posted:

Remember to check the second post whenever I introduce a new profile. I should have a version without the dialogue there.

Thanks. I've changed the Earl of Io's picture accordingly.

quote:

Also I thought you were going to use the screen shot test poster?

Fixed as well. Changed the link to an off-site screen shot post, and snipped out the first post for now.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Ask the Earl of Io about her story. Hooray for options unlocked by skill checks.

For classes, Elegance and Composure. Need to get these up so we can get more Presence.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
Come on, at least put her to work. She won't end up *dead* that way, and she'll still be punished.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Put her to work, then train our Elegance and our knowledge of Novan history, in the hopes of Elodie knowing something about the country she's ruling.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Put her to work. Also, let's keep with the Elegance this next week.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Zikan posted:

Composure and Elegance

Off with her head!

Gonna second this.

Also, new format is a-ok.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Can we execute the Earl? I don't see why not...

I guess instead we can ask her (about why we should execute the Earl)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Look, we may not want to know what the Earl's been up to. Even asking might embarrass us or him, which could lead to problems down the road. Let's just imprison this person, so that we can release her if we learn more. Course, we'll probably forget about her tomorrow, but that's what happens when peasants insult royalty.

• Locked thread