Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Eight-Six posted:

Skirmish III is slated to take place in the new area, hope you still have your Skirmish II stuff still around.

As soon as I read that I immediately checked my mog house to make sure I still had my weapons. Being a pack-rat pays off again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Anyone score big in the bonanza? I had 10 marbles and got a rank 4 and rank 5.

Hume AA statue
AF3+2 set for SMN (I was surprised, the flyer only said 1 piece but it was in fact the whole set)
10 inventory slots

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Anyone score big in the bonanza? I had 10 marbles and got a rank 4 and rank 5.

Hume AA statue
AF3+2 set for SMN (I was surprised, the flyer only said 1 piece but it was in fact the whole set)
10 inventory slots

I had 50 marbles, I got 1 rank 3 and 6 rank 5. +50ish inventory is the real prize, at least that is what I telling myself.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Ten marbles, I didn't get jack poo poo. :negative:

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Ten marbles, I didn't get jack poo poo. :negative:

1 marble.. i made 40x the jackpot's worth doing my thing... marble didn't win poo poo.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

After almost 4 years of not playing I finally gave in to my curiosity and started playing again a few days ago. I've really enjoyed the changes so far (especially getting more exp/hr solo than I ever saw in the best parties I had) but the sever my character was on is dead as hell and all of my friends are gone. I'm highly debating a server transfer but before I drop 25 bucks how active is the goon ls on Quetz? I'm not looking for anything huge, just enough people that I'm not dealing with this soul-crushing loneliness all the time.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
People were fairly talkative and helpful this morning central time. I'm sure it's probably better in the evening? My playtime tends to be morning afternoon.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...
Is that rare?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Afterglow it!

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

WHATEVS SISTER posted:

Is that rare?

If you're serious, mythics are the hardest weapon to make a 75 version of (past that Empyreans get harder because of no one doing VW basically). If you aren't being serious, then I can hear the wind blowing over my head.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Congratulations Frod, that is quite an accomplishment.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Systematic System posted:

If you're serious, mythics are the hardest weapon to make a 75 version of (past that Empyreans get harder because of no one doing VW basically). If you aren't being serious, then I can hear the wind blowing over my head.
WHATEVS SISTER has not played FFXI in a very long time and I don't think he honestly knew.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

WHATEVS SISTER posted:

Is that rare?

Think of it as a Proud symbol of aspergers, OCD, extreme self loathing, and virginity.

Empyrean aren't harder, they're just more expensive due to latter tiers requiring items that are often 1-2m apiece and fairly rare, you'd just have to serverhop to pick them up.

And yes, I'm actually looking into Afterglow. That'll tack on another 600m gil to the cost, and alot of PW farming.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Feb 14, 2014

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...

LiquidFriend posted:

WHATEVS SISTER has not played FFXI in a very long time and I don't think he honestly knew.
Fact. This thread is not a playground.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

The St. Valentine's day massacre just aint what it used to be.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
So I thought the update would be on Tuesday, but it's today. Technically it's 2am on Tuesday in Japan I guess. Derp.

I just had time to get online, see that Dynamis - Tavnazia was free, and enter it. And then I got the NOW SHUTTING DOWN. (No, I didn't notice the MOTD on login.)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

:lol:

You need 100 piece dyna coins to go from base/+1 relic to ilvl relic. To upgrade from there you will need voidwatch drops and delve boss drops.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

LiquidFriend posted:

:lol:

You need 100 piece dyna coins to go from base/+1 relic to ilvl relic. To upgrade from there you will need voidwatch drops and delve boss drops.

That p. much ties the exchange rate of forgotten items to 4% of a 100 note.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'd expect dyna currency to go up in price as it'll be cheaper to pay the currency rate than 50 forgotten thought/hope.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Patch note link, for the lazy.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Rune fencer, now is your time to shine! :shepface:

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Just so everyone knows, if you reforge any peice of relic you get the augment without doing the exp trials.

I upgraded Valor feet from just plain +2 and got the Enhanced Guardian augment.

Best part of this update is people paying 1-2mil for Griffon hides in the first few hours. They are already down to 80k with 70 on the AH.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

The cloth you need 2 of for the KI to damage reives in the new area drops off the fomor dudes in the middle of the map. The mage dudes aren't bad solo but be careful not to aggro multiples or they will gently caress your poo poo promptly.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
gently caress me for noticing this thread. I just may have to resub to this awful game once I finish my thesis in March.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Keevon
Jun 11, 2002
You know maybe instead of being an angry nerd and writing your paper about how poorly notch wrote a multi million dollar game you could try being productive and write your own game but properly and show him whats what:qq:
Hey everyone!

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun

:wth: How the HECK?!

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Would of been funnier if he bought a gold ring.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Keevon posted:

Hey everyone!

Hi Keevon :)

I seen someone running around named Notkeevon awhile ago. Was it actually you in disguise? Also, if anyone has been having problems with mobs blinking like I have, cup has been updated.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 20, 2014

Keevon
Jun 11, 2002
You know maybe instead of being an angry nerd and writing your paper about how poorly notch wrote a multi million dollar game you could try being productive and write your own game but properly and show him whats what:qq:

LiquidFriend posted:

I seen someone running around named Notkeevon awhile ago

:sweatdrop: C..clearly that wasn't... keevon.........

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm considering coming back to this awful, terrible game for a month since my wife is going to be away with her family for a while. If I do, I'm going to have to call up Squeenix and ask them if they can still give me a complimentary server transfer back to Quetz and a name change, since I never got the chance to do that after recovering my account from gilsellers. But I did make sure to have them put a note on my account stating that.

The last time I played was 2012, a few months before SoA came out, so that's where I'd be starting from. I assume it would be a good idea to get the expansion and start getting some ilvl gear? 'Cause I'd probably do that and then go steamroll over some old world content as BST.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

I'm considering coming back to this awful, terrible game for a month since my wife is going to be away with her family for a while. If I do, I'm going to have to call up Squeenix and ask them if they can still give me a complimentary server transfer back to Quetz and a name change, since I never got the chance to do that after recovering my account from gilsellers. But I did make sure to have them put a note on my account stating that.

The last time I played was 2012, a few months before SoA came out, so that's where I'd be starting from. I assume it would be a good idea to get the expansion and start getting some ilvl gear? 'Cause I'd probably do that and then go steamroll over some old world content as BST.

Spark gear. "Records of Eminence" is a thing where you do misc crap like healing, damage, killing stuff or soa events and you get exp and "sparks". Also, the biggest immediate boost for bst is getting an ilvl axe. The level cap of your pet is tied to your weapon's ilvl.
Pets in general have become tanky devastating murder machines at ilvl 119.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

Spark gear. "Records of Eminence" is a thing where you do misc crap like healing, damage, killing stuff or soa events and you get exp and "sparks". Also, the biggest immediate boost for bst is getting an ilvl axe. The level cap of your pet is tied to your weapon's ilvl.
Pets in general have become tanky devastating murder machines at ilvl 119.

Oh yeah, I heard about that pet+ilvl buff. Man, BST has come a really long way from the days of "Brady Games said you guys steal exp!!"

What's better to use nowadays, FFXiclopedia or BlueGartr (or just use both)?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Oh yeah, I heard about that pet+ilvl buff. Man, BST has come a really long way from the days of "Brady Games said you guys steal exp!!"

What's better to use nowadays, FFXiclopedia or BlueGartr (or just use both)?

Both and neither. Ffxiclopedia is better with old content, but doesn't update regularly. Bgwiki has most of the new stuff, but it's full of holes or badly recorded, and they are missing a lot of old content.

You'd be surprised how much info isn't on either. Especially new stuff.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Enhancing skill capped :toot:. My runes are now the runiest and gooniest. Spellcast is a godsend.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
It's a little annoying that so many of these alter egos are available for such a limited time, is there any way for me to get the ones I missed at all?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Cool Blue Reason posted:

It's a little annoying that so many of these alter egos are available for such a limited time, is there any way for me to get the ones I missed at all?

So far no, rumor mill says yes at some point in the future, but that's the rumor mill.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Welp. Discovered a couple of guys I work with used to play this too, and all the reminiscing got me to reactivate my old account. Since the servers got trimmed I get to choose a new one and might as well go to Quetz with the other goons! Stopped playing a bit after WotG came out so probably missing a ton of changes. And we get a mog island now? Anything new really spectacular to check out first? Really not looking forward to re-doing all my macros. And what's the big thing to get gil again since I'm pretty poor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

There's no particularly quick way to sum up that the game has changed an enormous amount. The old ways are dead, long live FFXI. This details just about every change to the game since Abyssea launched in 2010.

The short version to some of your answers: you'll want to hit level 99, you want to do Records of Eminence quests to get Sparks, which you use to get some really drat good gear for almost no effort, and depending on your jobs you'll want to solo Dynamis or Salvage II to sell currency/alexandrite.