Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Phlegmish posted:

thinking of ordering a mail bride, tell me your experiences goons

https://www.crimelibrary.com

you're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum Cat posted:

BBC anchorwoman covering ladies giant slalom "A very wet kangaroo there... not referring to any of the skiers of course, a blow up kangaroo at the finish."

edit: this loving course is melting and the rain isn't helping lol
double edit: "well she's also a top water skier so this could have been her day."

wait its raining in sochi right now? lol

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Phlegmish posted:

thinking of ordering a mail bride, tell me your experiences goons

Don't be stupid get a local one, there are bitches being desperate every day in almost every part of the world.
Flying a half ruined one from 5,000 away is just a waste of money.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
I'm thinking of running a joke into the ground, are there any reputable agencies for that kind of thing?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder if the tarps are waterproof or if they're made of cardboard paper?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I'm thinking of running a joke into the ground, are there any reputable agencies for that kind of thing?

yea, but use a local one

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Don't be stupid get a local one, there are bitches being desperate every day in almost every part of the world.
Flying a half ruined one from 5,000 away is just a waste of money.

Also be warned that slav women turn into Baba Yaga once they get their hands on a green card.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

etalian posted:

Also be warned that slav women turn into Baba Yaga once they get their hands on a green card.

They turn into old withered hags? That's horrible!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rambling Robot posted:

I wonder if the tarps are waterproof or if they're made of cardboard paper?

Tarp made of dog. Dog made of tarp. Is Ouroboros, is tarp-dog eating own tarp-tail.

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Agrajag posted:

They turn into old withered hags? That's horrible!

:thejoke:

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
You guys gave me an idea. I'm going to launch a kickstarter to make a rescue shelter for Sochi dogs. I will call it Ocketman's og ouse.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Don't worry, Canada to the rescue! :canada: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/sochi-snow-making-topped-up-by-canadian-tech-1.2539621

Bonus tarp:

In a bid to camouflage the machines, Olympic organizers have tucked the snow-makers on the side of a mountain and covered them with white tarps.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Is this Sochi?

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
The ski wax drama continues.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Holy poo poo Charles Manson's gf is a cutie. She's got that crazy-sexy art school look.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Is this Sochi?

Yes, if you look closely, you'll notice that the "ice" is nothing but a carpet.

Though fine it might be, it's just not the same.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Say Nothing posted:

Is this Sochi?

Empty audience, abnormal ice physics, blue tarp in foreground, yeah that's sochi

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

you think that with alaskans for palin and minnesotans for bachmann we'd be better at biathlon

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

you think that with alaskans for palin and minnesotans for bachmann we'd be better at biathlon

Yeah, it's strange though. I think we're probably better at shooting than the other nations, but finding someone who both shoots AND skis is probably a bit difficult for us. Also, a lot of those competitors from Scandinavian countries, Russia, and a few others like Switzerland tend to also be out of the military or subsided indirectly by the military, where being able to shoot and ski cross-country is that's still a major thing. Biathlon's origins came from alpine infantry.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Vertical Lime posted:

you think that with alaskans for palin

They don't let you shoot from a helicopter in biathlon.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

No red-blooded American would set foot on commie soil in anything but a military uniform! True Americans are too busy creating jobs and dying from easily preventable diseases to take part in Marxist games.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Men's Freestyle Skiing Halfpipe is pretty entertaining - it's snowing pretty heavy and wet so no one can see poo poo leading to lots of wipeouts

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Nothing like a terrible pipe and some snow to reduce the worldwide champs to a bunch of flailing six-year-olds.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
:siren: TARP SPOTTED ON THE CROSS COUNTRY SKI TRACK :siren:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Also the guy at the end of the cross country event sounded like he was about to blow an artery with the way he was screaming

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

neckbeard posted:

Men's Freestyle Skiing Halfpipe is pretty entertaining - it's snowing pretty heavy and wet so no one can see poo poo leading to lots of wipeouts

man that stuff is brutal. never seen it before. one guy wiping and taking two with him is pretty rough. also there's one jump that seems too high.

e: ah I'm talking about snowboard cross, so probably something different.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
I love this kind of effort. Should have won.

Whichever boot touches the line first.

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 18, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Paradox Personified posted:

Looks like the tip of his ski might have crossed the line a fraction of a second sooner... How do they determine the time a skier "crosses" the finish line, tip of the ski, center of the body or what?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

Looks like the tip of his ski might have crossed the line a fraction of a second sooner... How do they determine the time a skier "crosses" the finish line, tip of the ski, center of the body or what?

Pretty sure it's toe of boot.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Sexual Lorax posted:

Pretty sure it's toe of boot.

drat, I've bought these kilometre long skis for nothing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

angerbeet posted:

drat, I've bought these kilometre long skis for nothing.

Remember how you laughed when I showed off my ski boots that are longer than my skis... :smug:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
awesome slovenia beat austria

and latvia beat swtizerland!!!!!!! loving awesome my two favorite underdogs :3: are in the quarterfinals!

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Czechs beat Slovakia, I was hoping for a tie and them reuniting as Czechoslovakia :smith:

neckbeard fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 18, 2014

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
slovenia will probably get killed by sweden and latvia def by canada but i dont give a gently caress those were big victories for two teams that usually don't make it into the olympics

Diran
Jan 28, 2014

neckbeard posted:

Czechs beat Slovakia, I was hoping for a tie and them reuniting as Czechoslovakia :smith:

Imagine the team if the countries never split.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Darkman Fanpage posted:

awesome slovenia beat austria

and latvia beat swtizerland!!!!!!! loving awesome my two favorite underdogs :3: are in the quarterfinals!

no, not under dogs, dogs under tarp

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Netherlands has the most medals again due to winning almost everything involving ice skating :geert:

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

John Dough posted:

Netherlands has the most medals again due to winning almost everything involving ice skating :geert:

what the gently caress you don't even have any mountains (angry austrian here)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

midnightclimax posted:

what the gently caress you don't even have any mountains (angry austrian here)
Vaalserberg :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Paradox Personified posted:

Whichever boot touches the line first.

It's obvious that camera robot won.

• Locked thread