Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Second row! Yeeeahhh!
I spent the last of my money on the tickets, but I'll throw $5 at condos and pay the rest of my bill later.
Second row!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Woo, bought a ticket for me and my girlfriend. We've been slowly going through the series, up to Wheat and Wheat By Products. If she's gonna go to the live show, we'll need to skip some.

I know she'll need to hear Summer Reading Program, The Sandstorm, One Year Later soon,likely in their released order. Does any one else have some suggestions for episodes after that? Things have kind of blurred together for me lately. Im not sure why...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

TheJoker138 posted:

This is the second time this has been brought up so I finally looked it up and holy poo poo, this is shameless.

Someone at my college (UMCP) started/tried to start a Night Vale style radio show as well. They Basically just replaced all the Night Vale stables with UMD specific versions (Sheriff's secret police = Loh's (President of the University) secret police, etc), and just generally tried to imitate the style. There are a few decent jokes, but they are few and far between. I don't think it was an official project of the University radio though.

If you want to listen to it (for some reason) here's their soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/artisticlicensetokill/sets/welcome-to-maryland

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Maybe I'm stupid but I can't figure out how to get Condos from Bandcamp.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Maybe I'm stupid but I can't figure out how to get Condos from Bandcamp.

Condos will be posted to Bandcamp tomorrow, so it's currently impossible to get!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Condos will be posted to Bandcamp tomorrow, so it's currently impossible to get!

Well I don't feel stupid then! Two episodes on the same day is pretty awesome!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I am a little nervous about the release of Condos because I couldn't hear very well at all at during parts of the show and have no idea what its going to sound like!

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
We released Condos a day early in honor of the holiday. Go nuts. nightvale.bandcamp.com.

Also Chicago is now on sale, along with a bunch of other cities.

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

Thank you so much for the Columbus show. Secured 4 tickets for myself and friends as a Valentine's gift.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Just listened to Condos, so awesome :toot:

What's the new tour's show called? If it isn't spoilers, that is.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

It's the same one we did on the west coast. It's called "The Librarian".

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
If time were real in Night Vale, where would Condos fall chronologically?

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

maxnmona posted:

We released Condos a day early in honor of the holiday. Go nuts. nightvale.bandcamp.com.

Also Chicago is now on sale, along with a bunch of other cities.

That "Buy Now" link doesn't seem to go anywhere.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

dj_clawson posted:

That "Buy Now" link doesn't seem to go anywhere.

which buy now link?

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

maxnmona posted:

which buy now link?

On this site: https://nightvale.bandcamp.com/track/condos-live-at-the-bell-house

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

It works for me, it doesn't go to a separate page rather it brings up the little "name your price" window. maybe you have an adblocker or something that interferes with it?

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Earwicker posted:

It works for me, it doesn't go to a separate page rather it brings up the little "name your price" window. maybe you have an adblocker or something that interferes with it?

That's it. Adblocker was doing it. Thanks!

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Is there any way you would consider adding Condo and/or other purchasable content on the iTMS?

I ask because I have and generally maintain a fair amount of credit there and it's much easier for me to spend from there than my (currently empty) bank account or (likewise empty) PayPal.

Hell, it'd be awesome if, in addition to the subscription model you could add something like that there too.
I would, no bullshit, purchase an empty, white-noise track for some :10bux: from you guys.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Sent my $5 because I actually have money this month. :toot:

That reminds me I need to buy a Night Vale Community Radio mug.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I got two tickets this morning for the Columbus show thanks for getting an Ohio show!

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
That show had better not sell out before I get my next paycheck :colbert:

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Woot, new episode up! Really good one, too!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Disabled adblock and the Buy Now button on bandcamp still isn't doing anything.

edit Tried it in firefox instead of Chrome and it decided to work. Whatever, as long as I can get it.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Hiram's speech about why he wants to be mayor was way more touching than it had any right to be. You have my vote, Mr. Five Headed Dragon! :patriot:

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
I've listened to WALK twice now. Easily one of my favorites. Love Jasika Nicole as Dana, and it was an interesting departure to have an episode that was mostly NOT Cecil.

Also, kinda sounded like Cecil had a cold when he recorded this.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

AstroZamboni posted:

I've listened to WALK twice now. Easily one of my favorites. Love Jasika Nicole as Dana, and it was an interesting departure to have an episode that was mostly NOT Cecil.

Also, kinda sounded like Cecil had a cold when he recorded this.

Well, he was just commanded to continually walk around in the cold february weather by a bunch of mysterious signs. It's understandable.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Wandering Knitter posted:

Hiram's speech about why he wants to be mayor was way more touching than it had any right to be. You have my vote, Mr. Five Headed Dragon! :patriot:

Yes, but he's terrible at giving relationship advice.

Hot Dog Day #38
May 16, 2004

I feel the same way, but perhaps even moreso about the speech by the Faceless Old Woman. Her performance of it was just right.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I was told my bank doesn't want me to use pay pal when I tried to buy it just now :( I apparently have to call them tomorrow and find out why.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Len posted:

I was told my bank doesn't want me to use pay pal when I tried to buy it just now :( I apparently have to call them tomorrow and find out why.

Same, gonna have to sort it out.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

There's some people on Tumblr who are saying, "I am so broke I don't even have a dollar to spare" but they probably shouldn't have posted that so quickly after saying they just got some new brushes for their iPad.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I listened to the first half of Condos while I was driving around with my seven year old niece last weekend. At first I thought she wasn't paying attention until she randomly announced that she thought Carlos looked like Bruno Mars. :allears:

She also kept talking back to Cecil during the traffic, it was adorable. "I can see the road, Cecil! Yes! I can see the lake!" :3:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Len posted:

My bank doesn't seem to ike paypal either, what the hell?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

At first I thought she wasn't paying attention until she randomly announced that she thought Carlos looked like Bruno Mars. :allears:

Y'know... I can actually see it:

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 18, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How do I make Condos appear in the same category as the rest of the series on iTunes? Like all I want is for it to be a podcast and be under the Welcome to Night Vale section. How do I make that happen?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I got Condos. I gave you guys 5 bucks. Hope that doesn't seem cheap. :ohdear:

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 18, 2014

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
Likewise. I'm only 13 minutes in and this is the best episode *ever*.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Len posted:

How do I make Condos appear in the same category as the rest of the series on iTunes? Like all I want is for it to be a podcast and be under the Welcome to Night Vale section. How do I make that happen?

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

TheJoker138 posted:

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

PC. I set its audio type to podcast and made every possible thing I could fill in "Welcome to Night Vale" and the only way I could even find it was to make a smart playlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
So I was listening to "A Beautiful Dream" the other night and I noticed, for the first time, Cecil mentions Megan has a "ring inscribed with Cyrillic" on one of her fingers. Now I'm wondering how many other bits of foreshadowing I've completely missed throughout the series--I'm still waiting for the complimentary shuttle bus from the end of Subway to show up.