Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kalli posted:

This is giving me a headache guys. Back to the guy who managed to make Warren Sapp not the worst guy on NFL Network.

Honestly when are we going to get more news on this front? He's been caught but when is the trial? Anything? Maybe the thread should just shut down for a bit until we hear something new.

Time to drug and take this thread upstairs for a while, Kalli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I do have one question: Do we know if he got the drugs legally? I know it's morphine and ambien, but I figured that might be more readily available to a professional athlete than it would the average lay person. Or am I completely naive about that?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Probably Magic posted:

I do have one question: Do we know if he got the drugs legally? I know it's morphine and ambien, but I figured that might be more readily available to a professional athlete than it would the average lay person. Or am I completely naive about that?

I would guess no- Ambien you need a scrip for, and morphine has a pretty high potential for abuse and such. Its possible he had a scrip for Ambien, and had someone who could hook him up with the morphine.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Can you get those on the street illegally? I mean everyone can party incognito style in Miami and get coke but is the other stuff easy to find?

I assumed he had a script

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Can you get those on the street illegally? I mean everyone can party incognito style in Miami and get coke but is the other stuff easy to find?

I assumed he had a script

A script for morphine seems rather unlikely, but yeah there's a thriving market for it illegally. It's why you pretty much can't get a job at a hospital without a drug test.

On the plus side, looking for answers on this led me to wikianswers, which sticks every asked question over a stock image of someone, and well...

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 18, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

A script for morphine seems rather unlikely, but yeah there's a thriving market for it illegally. It's why you pretty much can't get a job at a hospital without a drug test.

On the plus side, looking for answers on this led me to wikianswers, which sticks every asked question over a stock imagine of someone, and well...

Wow. There's a lot of great photo shop potential there...

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Well can you mix Morphine with Oxycontin?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Well can you mix Morphine with Oxycontin?

I don't think I'd recommend that ride.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Who hasn't pondered giving a dog morphine, that's the sort of thing keeping me up at night.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I wish I was better at recognizing fonts

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Exactly what I was hoping for.

Febreeze posted:

I wish I was better at recognizing fonts

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_font_does_WikiAnswers_use#slide=1

:v:

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 18, 2014

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
You want some oxy?

Cotton or codone?

Nah man, contin.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This thread just showed how little I know about drugs both legal and illegal

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

This thread just showed how little I know about drugs both legal and illegal

I've got an 8th of oregano that I'll let you have for $20.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
wikianswers what the gently caress

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

I've got an 8th of oregano that I'll let you have for $20.

I'm so jealous of all you Denver and Washington state people

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I'm jealous of states that simply have the poo poo decriminalized. I've had dumb friends here in Dallas who have gone to jail over a joint.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If I get busted trying to buy weed I'll claim CTE. If the state calls in swickles wait til they see what I've got up my sleeve..

*poops self*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'm so jealous of all you Denver and Washington state people

I live in California so weed isn't actually legal. until you get a doctor's note

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Honestly the whole west coast is pretty lenient about weed to begin with. Oregon and Cali both have easy to obtain medical permits and people just walk around smoking joints anyway because no one calls them on it. I've never smelled so much weed as the time I walked around San Francisco.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I somehow don't think it would be too hard for a former pro athlete with a recognisable name to find a doctor willing to write him a prescription for sleeping pills and pain killers.

poo poo it seems like every couple of months there's another expose' about players using and abusing copious amounts of drugs to dull their pain. There's probably a whole laundry list of docs willing to play ball rolling around locker rooms.

How he got the drugs isn't exactly the hard part here.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
It's been mentioned earlier in the thread that there were potentially cases in Arizona as well, but the police report was just released this morning. It can be found here.

Here's the article if you don't want to click:

WWL posted:

Former New Orleans Saints player Darren Sharper is now under investigation for seven alleged rapes and 11 druggings in four states. Eyewitness News obtained a 27-page Arizona police report describing alleged calculated drugging and rapes Sharper is accused of committing. The victims' accounts are similar to those in other states.

"When you look up the definition of a serial criminal or a serial rapist, it's someone who has repetitive behavior," said Eyewitness News legal analyst Chick Foret.

A Tempe, Arizona police report is shedding light on two rape and drugging allegations against Sharper, mirroring similar cases in New Orleans and California. The 27-page document details Sharper visiting a female friend, hitting night clubs and allegedly preparing shots and cocktails of Ketel One vodka which allegedly incapacitated three of four women. The report says a doorman witnessed one of the victims struggling out of a cab. He told police she was "stumbling, gagging, dry heaving, bend over and spitting/throwing up in the outside trash can."

"You've got Mr. Sharper accused of sexual assaults, all over the country now, and for a defense attorney attorney each time another victim comes forward it becomes exponentially more difficult to defend that case," said Foret. This latest case out of Arizona is also different from the others. The police report details how Sharper allegedly raped two victims who woke up the next day suspecting they'd been sexually assaulted in the same apartment. A third victim says she took a shot of alcohol, and then locked her bedroom door, telling police, "She felt she had been possibly drugged after having that one shot from Sharper ... had not had anything and was very weak and disoriented from that one shot." That same victim believes she saw Sharper sexually assault her friend later that night. "She was taken [a]back by what she saw and stood there for awhile wondering if she should intervene. She reported being concerned that the sexual act was not consensual because she did not know [if the victim] was awake."

The police report describes how Sharper was confronted by the victims after the alleged sexual assaults. He claimed ignorance. Foret says rape kits and witnesses make these Arizona allegations against Sharper stronger. Foret believes others could face criminal charges. "When this investigation continues does it eventually lead to the person who gave or sold these controlled dangerous substances to this alleged serial rapist Darren Sharper?" said Foret. Although Sharper is under investigation in four states, California has only filed criminal charges against the 38-year-old. He's due in court in Los Angeles on Thursday and faces up to 30 years behind bars for those charges alone.

Seven rapes and eleven druggings. :stare:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Holy poo poo if he's guilty put this guy away forever. :stare:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
SEVEN RAPES?! holy poo poo id love to read those charges. Dude sounds like he had a system that "worked"

I think it's clear what causes this. Continuous exposure to an nfl lifestyle gave him this false sense of entitlement. And he couldn't control his actions when told no.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

AAA DOLFAN posted:

SEVEN RAPES?! holy poo poo id love to read those charges. Dude sounds like he had a system that "worked"

I think it's clear what causes this. Continuous exposure to an nfl lifestyle gave him this false sense of entitlement. And he couldn't control his actions when told no.

One article that I'd read said that he picked up a couple of gals and a guy (seriously, two women with a loving man with them) at the bar and invited them back for drinks. He drugged all three of them, and the dude ended up back at the hotel bar and woke up not remembering poo poo.

I couldn't loving imagine any of that happening to myself or any of my friends. What a disgusting piece of poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If you're gonna be a serial rapist you might as well not discriminate.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Please stop it already*. There's been an epidemic of really good posters posting insufferable and really mean-spirited poo poo in this and the Martin/Incognito thread. It's slowly starting to make this place feel like not the best sports forum around and that's a real shame.

* Unless you make it really funny. Way, way funnier than this.

Ps. gently caress Sharper (if allegations true yaddayadda). It's hard to imagine a person like that even considers their victims as actual human beings. Or maybe I'm just trying to find solace in some just world parallel where people who are guilty of actions like this are somehow broken monsters (which they kinda are).

VVVV It happened to be the latest, nothing more to it.

Jerome Agricola fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 19, 2014

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jerome Agricola posted:

Please stop it already*.

That's the post you opt to get on a soap box over? Really?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

article posted:

"When you look up the definition of a serial criminal or a serial rapist, it's someone who has repetitive behavior," said Eyewitness News legal analyst Chick Foret.

Man I want that analyst job, I could offer this kind of insight all day.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chick Foret is actually the name of the article writer's iPhone

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

AAA DOLFAN posted:

hes feeling conflicted because he screamed and shouted for this guy to "hit it harder" in 2009, and now hes realizing what he was really cheering for

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

hahahah yeah really

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Hardfl1p posted:

hes feeling conflicted because he screamed and shouted for this guy to "hit it harder" in 2009, and now hes realizing what he was really cheering for

Well poo poo. I laughed.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The summer after the Vikings lost at New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game a bunch of Vikings were pictured taking firing range shots at a drawing of Sharper dressed up as Osama Bin Laden, and Sharper got really pissed off. Turns out that drawing could have been of Sharper raping a dude and two women and he wouldn't have had anything to argue over.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hardfl1p posted:

You are slaying me lately holy poo poo :laffo:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Holy poo poo, you have to be one hosed up motherfucker to have all the means to have consensual sex with every woman on the planet, and he just has to make it a forced experience. I mean, I... I'll never understand a rapist's thinking. What are they in the sex for? If the other person is unconscious after you drugged them and you're just sleeping with a slack body, how... how can you possibly enjoy that? I hope this guy never gets out, honest to God.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ted posted:

The summer after the Vikings lost at New Orleans in the NFC Championship Game a bunch of Vikings were pictured taking firing range shots at a drawing of Sharper dressed up as Osama Bin Laden, and Sharper got really pissed off. Turns out that drawing could have been of Sharper raping a dude and two women and he wouldn't have had anything to argue over.

Did it actually say he raped the dude as well. I assumed he drugged them, and sent the guy on his way (presumably back to the bar) while he assaulted the women.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

HappyHelmet posted:

Did it actually say he raped the dude as well. I assumed he drugged them, and sent the guy on his way (presumably back to the bar) while he assaulted the women.

That's what I assumed as well.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Hardfl1p posted:

:drat:

Just... :drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Probably Magic posted:

Holy poo poo, you have to be one hosed up motherfucker to have all the means to have consensual sex with every woman on the planet, and he just has to make it a forced experience. I mean, I... I'll never understand a rapist's thinking. What are they in the sex for? If the other person is unconscious after you drugged them and you're just sleeping with a slack body, how... how can you possibly enjoy that? I hope this guy never gets out, honest to God.

It's a power/control thing

Alternatively, Darren Sharper wanted to prove to the world that he was also a brilliant anesthesiologist no matter what the cost

• Locked thread