Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
So what exactly does mastering a weapon do? I know it involves getting a weapon to 30, but what does THAT do? Someone in the thread earlier mentioned using a Mk1 Braton again, and I cannot imagine why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

AzureRequiem posted:

So what exactly does mastering a weapon do? I know it involves getting a weapon to 30, but what does THAT do? Someone in the thread earlier mentioned using a Mk1 Braton again, and I cannot imagine why.

Ups your level so you can be a pro.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope someday they make akspectra so that I can dual wield badguns. I potatoed my spectra in the vain hope that it would make it not a piece of poo poo (spoilers: it didn't), but I'd sacrifice that potato for dual lasers that would still be terrible.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Fuzz posted:

Ups your level so you can be a pro.

So say I'm using Dual Zoren and they're level 16, and I just finished cooking a Galatine. Would it be better to get the Zorens to 30 before strapping on the big guy?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

AzureRequiem posted:

So say I'm using Dual Zoren and they're level 16, and I just finished cooking a Galatine. Would it be better to get the Zorens to 30 before strapping on the big guy?

If you're going to sell your zorens, then if you ever want the mastery for getting them to 30 again, you would have to rebuy them and level them up again, so yes. However the dual zorens are awesome and basically all I use anymore because of the flight feature (it's not a bug!!) so I think you should definitely keep them.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Gestalt Intellect posted:

If you're going to sell your zorens, then if you ever want the mastery for getting them to 30 again, you would have to rebuy them and level them up again, so yes. However the dual zorens are awesome and basically all I use anymore because of the flight feature (it's not a bug!!) so I think you should definitely keep them.

I only plan on selling crappy things that suck, so I guess there's no problem there!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

AzureRequiem posted:

Just ranking a weapon to 30 really doesn't do anything special on its own. The first time you level a weapon it will give you 100 mastery points per rank. At rank 30 you can (if you wish) use a Forma on it, which will reset its rank and allow you to set a polarity (or change an existing one) on a mod slot of your choice. Ranking it back up to 30 after that will not give you mastery points a second time, but will allow you to use another Forma.

Frames work similarly, but give 200 mastery points per rank.

Mastery points contribute to your mastery rank, which is a global account rank of sorts that determines how many extractors you can have deployed at a time and what weapons you can craft/purchase (many weapons require a certain mastery rank, with the Embolist currently being the highest at 8). As a result, people sometimes build weapons they don't necessarily care about in order to get them to rank 30 for the mastery, then sell them off.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

AzureRequiem posted:

I think that poster was more making a joke about adding a ton of forma's to an Excalibur and Mk1 Braton and then getting 99% of the kills/damage and make the people with their shiney Necros & Zephyr frames feel "WTF, how did that noob do that?".

There is no other reason to use the Mk1 Braton.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
From what I understand, if
you throw enough time / money / effort into any gun it can be a powerhouse.

Doesn't mean that it will be worth it.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Hey did they nerf the rewards for invasions and infestations? Looks like a ton less dosh for doing them now. 10k for infestations when they used to be 20-30k and 25-30k for invasions when they used to be 50k. Doing the same mission 3-5 times to get paltry rewards doesn't really seem worth it right now.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah those invasion missions get boring REALLY fast when you're required to do the same map 3-5 times in a row. I'd put up with it because the rewards were decent, but for less than half? Yeah gently caress that. It got to the point where there were some invasions for a free catalyst or reactor, and I'd just think about doing that map where you run through the energy tube to the outside of the ship for the 115th time and just turned off the game.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Cainer posted:

Hey did they nerf the rewards for invasions and infestations? Looks like a ton less dosh for doing them now. 10k for infestations when they used to be 20-30k and 25-30k for invasions when they used to be 50k. Doing the same mission 3-5 times to get paltry rewards doesn't really seem worth it right now.

Considering you can get 25k for a T3 Cap mission... which translates into 100k per 4 missions if you can get a T3 Cap train going... yeah, invasions aren't worth it, really.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

nacon posted:

Considering you can get 25k for a T3 Cap mission... which translates into 100k per 4 missions if you can get a T3 Cap train going... yeah, invasions aren't worth it, really.

I need to find a decent T3 farming spot, right now me and a friend do orokin derelict survival to get a ton of 1-2t keys but no t3 keys.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How about that Outer Terminus vs. Grineer for....one orokin cell?

nacon
May 7, 2005

Cainer posted:

I need to find a decent T3 farming spot, right now me and a friend do orokin derelict survival to get a ton of 1-2t keys but no t3 keys.

Best T3 Cap farming spot is other T3's, at the end of the day. Keep an eye on the chat for when cap trains start!

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Protip for anyone trying to use Zephyr for Barkleyframe 2.0: If you sprint slide before using Tail Wind, you will get significantly more height that if you aren't sprinting sliding.

ed: whoops

Synastren fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 18, 2014

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I never checked - does anyone know if the double credit IAP applies to invasion rewards? Same for the double resource IAP, although it seems kind of dumb if the double amount one applied but the double drop rate one didn't.

Actually, would the double drop rate one be for the whole team even if only one person bought it? I don't know if they even have the code for hiding drops from some players but not others.

I can't wait until DE breaks them somehow and makes them team-wide buffs that stack per player.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Coldbird posted:

I never checked - does anyone know if the double credit IAP applies to invasion rewards? Same for the double resource IAP, although it seems kind of dumb if the double amount one applied but the double drop rate one didn't.

Actually, would the double drop rate one be for the whole team even if only one person bought it? I don't know if they even have the code for hiding drops from some players but not others.

I can't wait until DE breaks them somehow and makes them team-wide buffs that stack per player.
The credit booster only applies to in-mission cash drops (so not invasion rewards or even the end of mission reward), and it only applies to you, so it's crap. I'm sure the double resource quantity one works the same way (in-mission pickups only).

The resource drop rate booster might apply team-wide, though, I'm not sure.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

The credit booster only applies to in-mission cash drops (so not invasion rewards or even the end of mission reward), and it only applies to you, so it's crap. I'm sure the double resource quantity one works the same way (in-mission pickups only).

If resource drop booster works like I think it does, most likely it's a buff that's applied on you, and whenever you personally kill things, more crap pops out. I can't confirm if this is true or not though, as RNG can suck my dick. I can confirm, however, that resource amount booster only boosts the amount you, personally pick up.

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Helter Skelter posted:

could you stop being wrong about credit boosters? they do effect mission rewards (but not invasions, nothing effects them)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Yeah, they used to not apply to end mission rewards and were incredibly terrible (even the terrible plat->credit direct thing was better) but they changed it in the last month or two to apply to end mission rewards as well.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Piell posted:

Yeah, they used to not apply to end mission rewards and were incredibly terrible (even the terrible plat->credit direct thing was better) but they changed it in the last month or two to apply to end mission rewards as well.

It's been this way for more than two months.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I had no clue resource boosters were a thing. Would have saved me so much time.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Can I get a clan invite PSN Aoasha.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
After loving failing the rank 11 test 3 loving times in 3 loving days, I finally make it to the last loving platform with 3 loving seconds left and watch these last 3 loving seconds count down ever so slowly and I get MISSION FAILED while standing on the aforementioned last loving platform.

Sometimes I just want to punch this game in its face.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I found Volt very handy for that test.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
A buddy would like to join the clan, his IGN is Voidstalker9929. He's a cool dude, and a non-sperg.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Doji Sekushi posted:

After loving failing the rank 11 test 3 loving times in 3 loving days, I finally make it to the last loving platform with 3 loving seconds left and watch these last 3 loving seconds count down ever so slowly and I get MISSION FAILED while standing on the aforementioned last loving platform.

Sometimes I just want to punch this game in its face.

Volt, Latron Prime, Dual Zorens. Win with 10+ seconds left, hth.

reading comprehension :suicide:

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 19, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I rip pulled around with Valkyr and a sprint speed mod, didn't seem very hard.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

zgrowler2 posted:

Volt, Latron Prime, Dual Zorens. Win with 10+ seconds left, hth.
Ten extra seconds means jack poo poo when the timer doesn't stop like he said and is a known bug. HTH.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182094-steel-charge-update/

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

At least they're giving us something good in return. I will miss that mod capacity though, god dammit.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Gonna miss my 7/10 Steel Charge, but hey, free maxed 10-rank mods! And, as an added bonus, dumping this into Serration should have no downside since they'll have set a precedent for compensation if they ever similarly downsize or eliminate Serration/Hornet Strike (please just make base dmg scaling innate already, DE).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
It hasn't changed yet, if you fuse it to 6+ right now you might still be able to get the Legendary cores.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

AND I ALMOST MAXED MY UNRANKED STEEL CHARGE LAST NIGHT AGGGHHHHHH

edit: just ranked one of them to 6 and almost did a few others but I don't know if I'm even getting credit for the one and I'm not going to risk it

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 19, 2014

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
What a load of poo poo. They knew drat well what they were doing and how powerful it would be points wise. Its basic loving math. You all know drat well those cards are going to be plat only after the freebies and the freebie is just a taste. There's also going to be a poo poo ton of maxed Serrations and what not at the click of a button.

And as usual, PS4 users are hosed on the whole thing.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
After their weapon and mod balance it shouldn't be very surprising they are bad at working out the math!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I just turbo-fused my Steel Charge to rank 6, I hope it still counts. If it does I'm not sure whether it will be better to use the cores or trade them if you can.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Mistaken info was here!

Piell fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Piell posted:

You can't trade cores

Um, what?