Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Hawker posted:

Listen carefully at 0:05, just before the guy speaks.

Our boys are taking B, and I hear movement to my right - that's somebody moving to B site, is it not? The few steps. Hard to miss.

Ah, true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Holy poo poo this hacking circle jerk is retarded. The guy isn't hacking, but because he plays differently than me and he killed me lets ban him from our servers, less he rock the boat of our sophisticated out-gooning-of-each-other goonmans.

Edit: Hawker, I'll gladly play with you, I mean I already avoid most people in this thread like the plague because they are toxic to play with (though they can actually have some very good insight into the game, since I am still learning, so the discussions here can be worth it).

ScienceAndMusic fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 18, 2014

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

mcvey posted:

I once put my headphones on backwards on accident and played a few rounds of CS, I can understand not wanting to play like that. :stare:

Chances are if you're playing with me during pistol round and I'm doing a bunch of retarded nonsense it's cause I knocked my headphones on the floor getting ready to play and put them on backwards. I do that poo poo all the time and I hate it so much

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm Silver Elite Master or whatever and I usually dick up goonmans and am lucky to get like five kills, so you're doing great.

I need to practice more. :smith: At least I have a fancy new headset now so I can hear things.

Keep playing goonmans! I was always bottom frag when I started but by now I feel like I actually make some decent shots/calls and don't live at the bottom of the scoreboard for the whole game. Goonmans are a great way to get your skill up, playing with more-skilled players without sending your MM rank into the toilet. Try playing nothing but goonmans for a few days and then playing in MM with other silver 1-4s. You'll feel like superman and hawkeye had an awesome gay baby. You'll see other players and they'll spray and fumble and bounce the occasional round off your chest armor while you effortlessly 1shot their face, because they're standing 10 feet away, and think "whoa, was CS always this easy?". Then you'll go back to goonmans and get your spirit crushed by insanely skilled people to start the rebuilding process again. But this time you'll get a few more frags.

When I played with LIVE LAUGH LOVE it didn't seem like he was hacking, just that he was really good and mostly just loving around with shotguns, but I'm not a skilled/experienced enough player to make a call like that. He was definitely an unconventional player who did a lot of weird things so maybe I instinctually stick up for him cause being in a weird inexplicable spot at a time that makes no sense is how I get most of my frags in goonmans, heh.

arnbiguous fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 18, 2014

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Holy poo poo this hacking circle jerk is retarded. The guy isn't hacking, but because he plays differently than me and he killed me lets ban him from our servers, less he rock the boat of our sophisticated out-gooning-of-each-other goonmans.

Edit: Hawker, I'll gladly play with you, I mean I already avoid most people in this thread like the plague because they are toxic to play with (though they can actually have some very good insight into the game, since I am still learning, so the discussions here can be worth it).

Thanks, I really appreciate that, Im also a super loving huge ryan davis fan (rip man, loving RIP).

It's like, I know better not to rock the boat of tight knit communities, because I've been there done that before. But I was so shocked that I was accused of hacking, and had an extra ten whole dollars that I wanted to clear my buds name and really enjoy playing with some of these players again. Metadust wants me to play Leagues, I donno if I can go back to mobas though. I even asked a few friends who are super better than me, and well I asked a hacker who added me, etc etc if I was hacking and he said I would banned within hours if I played comp. Which means, if I've been reported by my play style already - I would have that big VAC BAN on my profile, loving me from any valve titles I have and play, which are all of them.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

ScienceAndMusic posted:

How long have you've been playing Counter-Strike? I'm genuinely curious. Have you played it on a competitive level (CAL, ESEA, CEVO, etc.) of any kind?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Goonman tribunals! What the Christ?

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
Live Laugh Love, why not just post a fraps (not demo) recording of a whole MM game where you play as good as you do in goonmans? You'll prove to us you have no overlays or other weird cheat poo poo running at the time, and show us you're actually good. Other wise, gently caress off, there's been a ton of hilariously damning evidence and I already suspected you because friggin face called you out and you just showed up and started rolling players that have been playing professional CS and goonmans for years.

Also, that "I'M TOTALLY HACKING LOL <---- SARCASM THERE LIKE SERIOUSLY LOL WHAT?" thing is what every cheater does. Real players get mad when you accuse them of cheating, they don't try to brush it off and go "yeah lol!! i'm Tooootaaally cheating" unless they're very bad and are just amused you would consider that of them, and you're not really bad. You have skills that someone should be proud of having. And yet you've only won 100 or so games and seem to have just started from your game sense.

Absolute silliness.

Everyone attacking the tone of people's arguments and calling it a boy's club circle jerk is being ridiculous, as well. I understand that that kind of behavior is common in goon things, and should be avoided, but it's not that, at all. People are accusing him because he's playing in an incredibly suspicious way, not because they wanna power trip. I mean, loving pengy got banned and he has a literal steam group called 'inner circle', for jerking, that includes a ton of seasoned goonman players. Why would they ban this random guy and ban pengy too just to feel better about themselves? They did it because they felt it was right. It's not a boys club thing. It's just a dude hacking very obviously and poorly to get us riled up.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Keep it going. I can't get enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXqLCM0d0Os

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

teagone posted:

How long have you've been playing Counter-Strike? I'm genuinely curious. Have you played it on a competitive level (CAL, ESEA, CEVO, etc.) of any kind?

While we're at it why don't you list all the high level comp play you've been a part of

I watched the demo and this is textbook inconclusive. You can argue forever about this and that little thing but there's nothing there that looks different than what players do by chance all the time. This is real embarrassing stuff to read

edit:

Lavender Philtrum posted:

Also, that "I'M TOTALLY HACKING LOL <---- SARCASM THERE LIKE SERIOUSLY LOL WHAT?" thing is what every cheater does. Real players get mad when you accuse them of cheating, they don't try to brush it off and go "yeah lol!! i'm Tooootaaally cheating" unless they're very bad and are just amused you would consider that of them, and you're not really bad. You have skills that someone should be proud of having. And yet you've only won 100 or so games and seem to have just started from your game sense.

This is incredibly ridiculous, legitimate players do this all the time

Everyone attacking the tone of people's arguments and calling it a boy's club circle jerk is being ridiculous, as well. I understand that that kind of behavior is common in goon things, and should be avoided, but it's not that, at all. People are accusing him because he's playing in an incredibly suspicious way, not because they wanna power trip. I mean, loving pengy got banned and he has a literal steam group called 'inner circle', for jerking, that includes a ton of seasoned goonman players. Why would they ban this random guy and ban pengy too just to feel better about themselves? They did it because they felt it was right. It's not a boys club thing. It's just a dude hacking very obviously and poorly to get us riled up.

I dunno if you're being intentionally obtuse or you are just new to goonmans but there are a bunch of cliques and pengy gets banned all the time because he is very polarizing and probably has a history with whatever admin was on at the time. Also he was probably being obtuse and terrible, just like everyone else, always

Basically none of us should have admin

a slime fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 18, 2014

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Ban slime for disagreeing with me thanks admins

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

astr0man posted:

Ban slime for disagreeing with me thanks admins

Yeah the way he disagrees just doesn't look normal it looks like he's not very good at disagreeing but he still does it like a pro. Weird.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
A good player comes into the goonman and doesn't act like a subservient little bitch and a few people can't handle it. I love it.

Keep fighting the good fight Hawker.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

a slime posted:

While we're at it why don't you list all the high level comp play you've been a part of

I watched the demo and this is textbook inconclusive. You can argue forever about this and that little thing but there's nothing there that looks different than what players do by chance all the time. This is real embarrassing stuff to read

I was honestly asking just to ask, because from my point of view, it's hard to make a definitive call if he was hacking or not without a decent amount of knowledge about the game, either from lots of competitive play (I didn't say high level) or just playing the game for a really long time. Sorry if I offended you. :rolleyes:

And for the record, the only actual high level play I've ever done is 3 seasons of CAL-M, but I don't even think that counts as high level. Played a bunch of CAL-IM matches and pugs though!

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Dylan-D posted:

A good player comes into the goonman and doesn't act like a subservient little bitch and a few people can't handle it. I love it.

This is what I'm seeing as well. :words:

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

teagone posted:

I was honestly asking just to ask, because from my point of view, it's hard to make a definitive call if he was hacking or not without a decent amount of knowledge about the game, either from lots of competitive play (I didn't say high level) or just playing the game for a really long time. Sorry if I offended you. :rolleyes:

And for the record, the only actual high level play I've ever done is 3 seasons of CAL-M, but I don't even think that counts as high level. Played a bunch of CAL-IM matches and pugs though!

The guy just said right in the post you quoted that he is new and learning so when you do that it sounds like you're being a dick

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dylan-D posted:

He did act kind of like an annoying dick though. JUST SAYING.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Dylan-D posted:

Lets form our own goon mans with black jack and hookers. (I'm 100% serious)

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Ban everyone who can watch one of those demos and unironically describe that guy as a good player.

also don't forget anyone who wants to run their own goonmans can do so because the plugin is opensource!

edit: also gas this thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

^^^Haha, astro shamelessly plugging.

a slime posted:

The guy just said right in the post you quoted that he is new and learning so when you do that it sounds like you're being a dick

He didn't say he was new. I'm still learning poo poo too, and I've been playing CS for over 10 years.

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:
so uh is this a good time to get into goodmans

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

teagone posted:

Do I have to 1v1 you before I can have an opinion on the demos?

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Live Laugh Love, why not just post a fraps (not demo) recording of a whole MM game where you play as good as you do in goonmans? You'll prove to us you have no overlays or other weird cheat poo poo running at the time, and show us you're actually good. Other wise, gently caress off, there's been a ton of hilariously damning evidence and I already suspected you because friggin face called you out and you just showed up and started rolling players that have been playing professional CS and goonmans for years.

Absolute silliness.

I can do it I suppose. And yeah you're right I am handling it pretty terribly, because I've never been in this position before, and it is also the counter strike attitude that any good play is somewhat hackusations is it not? I am pretty insecure of my plays, so yeah I handle it a bit terribly and immature, I wasn't aware of the context that maturity is something individuals want more-so than fun and happiness kinda thing.

Most games I've won, are because Im playing with a team. Playing 64 tick games by yourself seems suicide. I'll edit this post with the most recent game I've downloaded (prior to this whole debacle).
I just feel like whatever I do will probably be super irrevelant, due to the way I've mismananged my entry and the already predetermined 'if his crosshair is over him HES HACKING'. That's the double edged sword of x-ray vision.

Hawker fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 18, 2014

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Who are you? Have you even played a single goonman?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ScienceAndMusic posted:

No, because core CS is a team game :smug:

But seriously, as I said previously: I was honestly asking just to ask, because from my point of view, it's hard to make a definitive call if he was hacking or not without a decent amount of knowledge about the game, either from lots of competitive play or just playing the game for a really long time.

Sorry if I came off as a dick there, but I really am genuinely curious. That goes for anyone who is adamant that nothing fishy/shady was going on in the demos, not just you dude.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Hawker posted:

I can do it I suppose. And yeah you're right I am handling it pretty terribly, because I've never been in this position before, and it is also the counter strike attitude that any good play is somewhat hackusations is it not? I am pretty insecure of my plays, so yeah I handle it a bit terribly and immature, I wasn't aware of the context that maturity is something individuals want more-so than fun and happiness kinda thing.

Most games I've won, are because Im playing with a team. Playing 64 tick games by yourself seems suicide. I'll edit this post with the most recent game I've downloaded (prior to this whole debacle.

I don't think I can recall a single instance where goons are known for their maturity

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

teagone posted:

No, because core CS is a team game :smug:

But seriously, as I said previously: I was honestly asking just to ask, because from my point of view, it's hard to make a definitive call if he was hacking or not without a decent amount of knowledge about the game, either from lots of competitive play or just playing the game for a really long time.

Sorry if I came off as a dick there, but I really am genuinely curious. That goes for anyone who is adamant that nothing fishy/shady was going on in the demos, not just you dude.

Animation of Dunning Kruger effect graph growing slowly larger

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

a slime posted:

Animation of Dunning Kruger effect graph growing slowly larger

I don't have beef with you slime, why are you giving me poo poo? You're a cool dude, and I wish you'd goonman more. I never said I'm the best at counter-strike or anything, but are you saying (for example) that someone who has ONLY been playing CSGO for maybe a few months is in a position to call out whether or not someone is hacking?

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Robot Randy posted:

I don't think I can recall a single instance where goons are known for their maturity

Then I'm being singled out cause Im not apart of their game experience, and obviously an outsider. BUT I SPENT TEN WHOLE DOLLARS TO JOIN THE CLUB.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Hawker you're loving hilarious. You spend :10bux: to come on this forum just to defend yourself; then you call us all asshats and tells us how wrong we are and how pro you really are, but also sorry about that just wanna be friends and nice playing with y'all! :tipshat:

Theresa Frontpage posted:

Keep playing goonmans! I was always bottom frag when I started but by now I feel like I actually make some decent shots/calls and don't live at the bottom of the scoreboard for the whole game. Goonmans are a great way to get your skill up, playing with more-skilled players without sending your MM rank into the toilet. Try playing nothing but goonmans for a few days and then playing in MM with other silver 1-4s. You'll feel like superman and hawkeye had an awesome gay baby. You'll see other players and they'll spray and fumble and bounce the occasional round off your chest armor while you effortlessly 1shot their face, because they're standing 10 feet away, and think "whoa, was CS always this easy?". Then you'll go back to goonmans and get your spirit crushed by insanely skilled people to start the rebuilding process again. But this time you'll get a few more frags.

Yeah this is pretty much my exact experience. I keep ping ponging between completely dominating MM games and having to play team coach to people who have no sense of team play or strategy, and then I go play goonmans and get completely dominated. I need the difference between the two to even out a bit though; but that just takes time and practice (and rankups).

a slime posted:

Basically none of us should have admin

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 18, 2014

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Hawker you're loving hilarious. You spend :10bux: to come on this forum just to defend yourself; then you call us all asshats and tells us how wrong we are and how pro you really are, but also sorry about that just wanna be friends and nice playing with y'all! :wtc:

Yeah this is pretty much my exact experience. I keep ping ponging between completely dominating MM games and having to play team coach to people who have no sense of team play or strategy, and then I go play goonmans and get completely dominated. I need the difference between the two to even out a bit though; but that just takes time and practice (and rankups).

I don't think I've called everyone bad, thats a pretty bad generalizing, and yeah I took a chance to get heard, of course its hilarious. I know I'm going to get cleaned up or whatever eventually, and everyone will move on. But I just figured I could take a chance because, yeah I actually did have fun playing with a few people who played on the server. This problem has happened to more servers than one over the years with this copy/paste drama, and I've taken the role of being the poo poo lord dumb idiot who tries and says NOT GUILTY to a jury already made their minds up. I only know myself and I can only speak honestly. Sometimes I speak like a retard, but obviously that comes from being in other places that aren't here.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

teagone posted:

I don't have beef with you slime, why are you giving me poo poo? You're a cool dude, and I wish you'd goonman more. I never said I'm the best at counter-strike or anything, but are you saying (for example) that someone who has ONLY been playing CSGO for maybe a few months is in a position to call out whether or not someone is hacking?

I don't have any beef with you either, but I think you're being unfair, so I'm posting about it. And I don't think anyone who watched that demo and is sure that dude is cheating should be allowed to call out hacks.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

a slime posted:

Maybe we're all loving idiots or maybe we're suspicious when this happens frequently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmRmH3F01II (:10s)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

a slime posted:

I don't have any beef with you either, but I think you're being unfair, so I'm posting about it. And I don't think anyone who watched that demo and is sure that dude is cheating should be allowed to call out hacks.

Did you watch the demo where he was banned? http://74.91.119.72/demos/2014-02-17-17_35_56_de_nuke.dem

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Maybe we're all loving idiots or maybe we're suspicious when this happens frequently

Xray gives you as much tunnel vision as I have. Why would I play the obvious arch spot, when they aim better than me? In my defence, I acknowledge that I shouldn't play the same spot my team mates have been, as well as the enemy (18 rounds IN GAME), therefore I should pick a different spot so I back up from the obvious prefire arch side, and think to myself, everyone hides cubby so I have the shock to be abruptly to the corner that nobody would check, and if they smoke I can go elsewhere or push ahead. I make no calls, except WOW WOW WOW I am adjusting my mouse to get the best BODY shot I could and waiting for the eventual push. Watching all those demo without xray would probably be no different from anyone else, but since I have the worst luck that brushes myself looking at EVERYONE for some reason, it makes me a very poor hacker.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

What do you think is happening here? His sensitivity looks way too high to aim that precisely at that outline if he's just accidentally glancing at someone he sees through the wall. I guess you think he has an aimbot with a smoothing feature?

I watched the inferno demo, I guess I'll watch this one tomorrow, I'm going to sleep

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Remember that time I dropped a 40 bomb in the goonpug and literally made mcvey and pengy my bitches.

Yeah, uh.. I was hacking too guys. But hey I'm part of the inner circle so don't ban me, thanks.

organner.pl

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
So my mouse is set at 800dpi and I run a 1.6 sensitivity in game. It seems to be working out for me, but I'm looking to get a second opinion. What do you guys use?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
What is that in millimeters per 1080

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Free LLL and Pengy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

astr0man posted:

What is that in millimeters per 1080

I just measured and it's about 13" for a 360, so that's 660.4mm per 1080. Hope that helps?

Edit: I don't remember the last time I did a 1080 spin in CS so I guess I don't use it that often.

• Locked thread