Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

RadioPassive posted:

Still nothing we can do about the /workshop/1234 prefixes in the map list, eh?

Not in that version of the plugin no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

mcvey posted:

That's not baiting.

Baiting is playing off your teammates to get kills, you always get the trade, they're always making the push, you're cleanup crew. If you are actually legit and getting lots of kills that is the only way you're getting kills because you're not a very good players overall. That and all the new players that have flocked to the server recently.

I can acknowledged that. But it isn't the case every round, for every poor player.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Hawker posted:

I can acknowledged that. But it isn't the case every round, for every poor player.

No of course not, but it does happen a lot. If you're last man standing and the other team doesn't have a clear idea where you are, you'll probably end up with a couple of kills. Compound that over 20~ rounds.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

mcvey posted:

No of course not, but it does happen a lot. If you're last man standing and the other team doesn't have a clear idea where you are, you'll probably end up with a couple of kills. Compound that over 20~ rounds.

Can me bad/baiter etc, but if they have a better shot than you, you kinda need to improvise don't you? I don't see what you learn if you satisfy the opposing team by getting ringed doing the same thing every round.

Having confidence in your team/shot is pretty substantial to your game, isn't it? I'm kinda getting off the track of baiting, but sometimes I feel like I need to creep around, poke and prod without getting killed, if my team mate dies because he's not as patient as me or as focus - but in the same area, I don't think its fair to call baiting.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
I dunno who this walt or pengy guy is but I say its a red letter day and we all start over.

On a serious note, have tried and tried but I just cannot play any lower than ~15 inches/360. I don't know how or why but once I dip any lower than that I just cannot shoot anything. Although over the past two days I think I have failed every headshot I've tried. I think I have a really solid understanding of the game, but my aim is so absolutely terrible it makes me sad.

astr0man posted:

Things that also help you to be taken seriously: the lack of a rap sheet full of consistent shitposting elsewhere on the forums.

Man I guess we should never take mcvey seriously. :shrug:

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Hawker posted:

But it isn't the case every round, for every poor player.

But it is an extremely common flaw for bad/new players and those players that don't know better tend to do it every time they have a chance.

It's also something that gets worse before it gets better, so players aren't naturally motivated to change. If you don't know how to properly entry-frag, then the learning process will net you fewer kills than baiting, until you start figuring out how to enter a site with a team rather than after them.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

On a serious note, have tried and tried but I just cannot play any lower than ~15 inches/360. I don't know how or why but once I dip any lower than that I just cannot shoot anything. Although over the past two days I think I have failed every headshot I've tried. I think I have a really solid understanding of the game, but my aim is so absolutely terrible it makes me sad.

Do you aim with the fingers, wrist, or elbow?

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

astr0man posted:

If you are outnumbered it is better to be aggressive. For example, let's say you are holding B site alone after a plant, and you know 1 CT is in mid and one is probably lower or coming from tunnels or something. You are better off with the aggressive play trying to pick off the guy at mid before the 2nd CT gets through tunnels and they can both push you at the same time.

Hmm. Makes sense. I've often found myself running into two guns when I'm alone, hence my tendency to play passively. I guess in either case, though, playing aggressively will benefit me - passive play won't stop them from grouping up if that's their plan, while aggressive play might get one if they do split up. I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

RadioPassive posted:

But it is an extremely common flaw for bad/new players and those players that don't know better tend to do it every time they have a chance.

It's also something that gets worse before it gets better, so players aren't naturally motivated to change. If you don't know how to properly entry-frag, then the learning process will net you fewer kills than baiting, until you start figuring out how to enter a site with a team rather than after them.

I know how to entry frag on a specific few maps. However just because I know 'how-to' doesn't mean I can execute, or differences in players can end up making the how-to vary in difficulty. Who is to say they'll always play 2 B and 3A in Inferno etc. Hard to say until you either kill or get killed.

Can't we aug just get along?

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
^^^Now you're getting it!

RadioPassive posted:

Ummm, poo poo, I really don't know? I think I aim more with my wrist, who aims with their fingers? I think I put a bit of elbow into it too maybe?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

IT BEGINS posted:

Hmm. Makes sense. I've often found myself running into two guns when I'm alone, hence my tendency to play passively. I guess in either case, though, playing aggressively will benefit me - passive play won't stop them from grouping up if that's their plan, while aggressive play might get one if they do split up. I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

I'd rather fight an uphill 1v1 than a fair 2v1.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Don't forget that you can shift this gradually. I started a month or so ago at something like a 13"/360, and am only recently down to something like 22"/360. I'm slowly turning it even further.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Man I guess we should never take mcvey seriously. :shrug:

No one takes mcvey seriously :ssh:

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

ScienceAndMusic posted:

^^^Now you're getting it!

Ummm, poo poo, I really don't know? I think I aim more with my wrist, who aims with their fingers? I think I put a bit of elbow into it too maybe?

Before playing comp, do you do any warm up rounds - ie deathmatch? It isn't about how many kills you get you just gotta practice reflexes and shots. Pick a gun and role with it. Albeit Im clearly not the most skilled here, but I've crunched so many hours lately just running around with a glock in deathmatch - you get punished by using a poor weapon against armored opponents and awpers or random spawns, but if you keep aiming for the head and have a good positive attitude you should do better next competitive match.

I don't care what level you're at, I could gently caress with some low level competitive.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

quote:

I aim with my huge ego.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

mcvey posted:

I've seen much much worse players get frags in goonmen that they have no right getting, it's the nature of CSGO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifd9eISc1sU&t=30s

Why wasn't I banned for this?

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
I don't have any comment on this guy since I really don't care, but I'm honestly afraid to make radar calls like I always do now in fear you guys are going to call me a hacker :smith:.

RIP precious 4 digit.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Popehoist posted:

Why wasn't I banned for this?

We held tribunal and came to the conclusion that your 1 good cheater kill doesnt make up for the thousands of poo poo deaths you've had :frogout:

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
I managed to sneak some footage of the banning process last night.

Everybody lighten up, let's all shoot some dudes and have fun.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Daeno posted:

I'm really bad with the deagle, can we 1v1 shotties?!

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Daeno posted:

There are no words to describe the beauty of this video.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Daeno posted:

this is amazing

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Daeno posted:

Daeno with the defuse. This was pretty hilarious.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Daeno posted:

Legitimately about to unsub this thread before this video.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Hawker posted:

My plan to hack and do terrible is working. So many of the vile trench-coats have turned against themselves. Now is my chance to launch my Dickmans server and claim my rightful throne as "The goon with the biggest dick". Their feeble masses have no idea that they are both right and my questionable calls were not for my team but as tribute to Lord Satin as I used my Occulus Rift super attachment SMELL-O-VISION. The unwashed masses stand no chance against my villainy while I contain the ability to smell their shitbreath and rotten pizza garbage pisspants. They may have advanced stalking abilities but they can never mask their goon smell. Muhahahahahahahah

Holy poo poo we should go take showers so we can defeat this evil.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

Holy poo poo we should go take showers so we can defeat this evil.

If I drop the soap, its because I saw you behind the curtains watching me.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

GOLD MINE

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I'm looking to change my crosshair. Can anyone post theirs for me so I can get some ideas? Thanks!

I use crosshair style 1 right now, so it's fixed, and made the cl_fixedcrosshairgap like 10 or something kinda large. It's decent.

Lord Humongus posted:

so uh is this a good time to get into goodmans

Yeah. Best to ignore the thread, mostly.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Would some silver goons be interested in a goonman this week? I wouldn't mind having a game of silvers because as much as I like getting my rear end kicked repeatedly by vets (not sarcasm, by the way, it helps me get better) I also wouldn't mind playing a game with a lot more goons as bad as me.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I'm looking to change my crosshair. Can anyone post theirs for me so I can get some ideas? Thanks!

http://www.krisskarbo.com/csgocrosshair/

Post the results in your console.

cl_crosshairalpha "255"
cl_crosshaircolor "5"
cl_crosshaircolor_b "0"
cl_crosshaircolor_r "255"
cl_crosshaircolor_g "0"
cl_crosshairdot "1"
cl_crosshairgap "0"
cl_crosshairsize "5"
cl_crosshairstyle "2"
cl_crosshairusealpha "1"
cl_crosshairthickness "2.5"
cl_fixedcrosshairgap "0"
cl_crosshair_outline "0"
cl_crosshair_outline_draw "0"

I use a fatter hatton, but with red instead of purple. Some people like them tiny for reasons I don't know.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
cl_crosshairalpha 255;cl_crosshaircolor 4;cl_crosshaircolor_b 250;cl_crosshaircolor_r 50;cl_crosshaircolor_g 250;cl_crosshairdot 1;cl_crosshairgap 0;cl_crosshairsize 3;cl_crosshairstyle 3;cl_crosshairusealpha 1;cl_crosshairthickness 0.5;cl_fixedcrosshairgap 0;cl_crosshair_outline 0;cl_crosshair_outline_draw 0;

aksuur fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 19, 2014

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014
e

Hawker fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 19, 2014

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this is a better post than what you had before

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014
Which is why I redacted because nobody cares anymore. Video games.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

I use crosshair style 1 right now, so it's fixed, and made the cl_fixedcrosshairgap like 10 or something kinda large. It's decent.

Yeah. Best to ignore the thread, mostly.

What are you talking about? This is the most fun this thread has been in ages! Hacking Drama! Stupid arguments! Controversial hacking evidence posted!

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 19, 2014

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Hawker I think that both you and the people who banned you were a little hasty/immature with their words. This whole situation is unchill as hell. I just don't get why this dude is banned if even one single high-experience player thinks the demos are unremarkable. I believe in justice. If you are examining evidence with the idea a guy is guilty you aren't really doing justice at all. Show the demos to a disinterested party. Don't tell them who you think is hacking. See what they say. Give this shotgun-addled weirdo a chance. And hawker, it's good your posting has chilled out a lot but you have done a lot of damage to your image by being super confrontational earlier on.

I guess everybody can just hate directly into my butthole now

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

aksuur posted:

cl_crosshairalpha 255;cl_crosshaircolor 4;cl_crosshaircolor_b 250;cl_crosshaircolor_r 50;cl_crosshaircolor_g 250;cl_crosshairdot 1;cl_crosshairgap 0;cl_crosshairsize 3;cl_crosshairstyle 3;cl_crosshairusealpha 1;cl_crosshairthickness 0.5;cl_fixedcrosshairgap 0;cl_crosshair_outline 0;cl_crosshair_outline_draw 0;

Yep, this is the one I'm using right now, but with color 2 (yellow) because how can you play with blue?!

Edit:

Theresa Frontpage posted:

This is something I'd like to get behind.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Theresa Frontpage posted:

Hawker I think that both you and the people who banned you were a little hasty/immature with their words. This whole situation is unchill as hell. I just don't get why this dude is banned if even one single high-experience player thinks the demos are unremarkable. I believe in justice. If you are examining evidence with the idea a guy is guilty you aren't really doing justice at all. Show the demos to a disinterested party. Don't tell them who you think is hacking. See what they say. Give this shotgun-addled weirdo a chance. And hawker, it's good your posting has chilled out a lot but you have done a lot of damage to your image by being super confrontational earlier on.

Yeah true, I'm not used to posting on forums I'm not already king poo poo on. Reality check etc. I'm kinda getting over it, a lot of the goon guys who liked me added on steam and are pretty chill

Hawker fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 19, 2014

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Hawker posted:

Yeah true, I'm not used to posting on forums I'm not already king poo poo on. Reality check etc.

lmao.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Hawker posted:

I'm not already king poo poo on.
The cream rises to the top.

Of the ban list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014