Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Loving the 'start8' with two votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MrAristocrates posted:

every so often I just break out laughing again, this run is amazing

Agreed. I'm gonna be giggling to myself all day tomorrow and be utterly unable to explain why to anyone.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Rocketlex posted:

Poison-types can be poisoned.

No they can't.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CRUDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
time to filibuster

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I haven't watched since like day 3 or something I think and I must say, the new system sucks massive dick.

Literally nothing happening whatsoever because it's all politics fighting, might as well go watch an american debate or something. :ughh:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

victorious posted:

Loving the 'start8' with two votes

that was me I made a typo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Democracy works :patriot:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.
Man, this is enough for me. It's bedtime. I shall be up in 8 hours... plenty of time to dig another 4 or 5 times!

(Does Dig work in Pokemon Tower? :allears:)

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

CraigK posted:

no seriously, loving take out the consecutive commands bullshit this is stupid as hell

It wouldn't even matter. People would just vote start instead and it'd be the exact same thing.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
what the hell is going on now? it's just bricks?

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Rocketlex posted:

Gen I is bad, but it's not THAT bad. Poison-types are immune to the status effect.

Yardbomb posted:

I haven't watched since like day 3 or something I think and I must say, the new system sucks massive dick.

Literally nothing happening whatsoever because it's all politics fighting, might as well go watch an american debate or something. :ughh:
If you're just tuning in then well you just missed something glorious.

beru04 posted:

Yes. :getin:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

beru04 posted:

Man, this is enough for me. It's bedtime. I shall be up in 8 hours... plenty of time to dig another 4 or 5 times!

I think so, yes.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Yardbomb posted:

It's only like this every so often but yeah it sucks

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Rocketlex posted:

Pretty sure Poison and Steel types are both just flatout immune to the poison ailment.

Yes, I know Steel doesnt exist here.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Well, it was pretty great until start9 kicked in at least.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Rocketlex posted:

Bulbapedia posted:

Battle properties

Generation I
Poison-type Pokémon are immune to the poisoned and badly poisoned conditions.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
He needs to loving disable start during democracy, jesus.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

The guy running this seriously needs to just disable start during democracy. I can't believe what children they're being with this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ramengank posted:

If you're just tuning in then well you just missed something glorious.

A gif of losing to 1 HP Gengeskhan or however is what got me to come back today. :v:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The meter's sure going back to anarchy in a hurry.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Yardbomb posted:

They're all venting out right now

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This start9 bullshit is still really lame

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Yardbomb posted:

Its usually fine. People just invoke Start9 when Democracy is started outside of puzzles. The vote system slows the game down way more than simply filibustering it away does.

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.
Way to right9 in the start menu...

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

It doesn't seem to be registering the starts, though.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

LAY-ZX posted:

The guy running this seriously needs to just disable start during democracy. I can't believe what children they're being with this.

Shukaro posted:

He needs to loving disable start during democracy, jesus.

They could spam a or b and have the exact same effect

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

THRILLS! CHILLS! START9!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

I think you're missing the point.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

I think you're missing the point.

e: Sorry for the double post.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

Except the best moment of the stream yet just happened and it wouldn't have happened without the Anarchy/Democracy mechanic.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Things happen. People get fed up with the inaction and let the anarchists take control and then things hilariously implode causing the pendulum to swing back to democracy.

The system works. :patriot:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

honestly the start9 pausing is fine, gives people time to see what the consensus not-start9 direction is and spam that up until it wins, then start9 takes over until we come up with the correct next move and so on. it's not fast or pretty but it'll get there.

Or it would if people didn't immediately get mad about people ruining their fun and vote anarchy

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Ruggington posted:

Democracy works :patriot:

*votes 'right9' 5 times in a row with the Start menu open*

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

LAY-ZX posted:

Somebody wasn't around for the US government shutdown! :allears:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

an :ironicat: that expands and expands and expands

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
They get a right9 through and it does nothing because the start menu is open :laffo:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

LAY-ZX posted:

Then they'd just vote B like they are right now.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Shock Trooper posted:

Well........

i just imagined cheez foaming at the mouth in sheer rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

hahaha

• Locked thread