Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Obligatory AVGN review of Moonwalker
http://cinemassacre.com/2009/01/07/michael-jacksons-moonwalker/

poo poo, new page. I don't remember where this is from, but Peter is late for dinner plans with MJ.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
That's from Kirkman's Marvel Team-Up. He went out to get Chinese the night before, and, well, one thing led to another.

It was the Ringmaster.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dinner a day late and try to replace chinese food with McDonalds? Come the gently caress on, Parker.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

In my mind, I imagine the rest of the scene as Peter resigning himself to the living room couch, quietly saying something like "I'll just be out here if you need me." Then the issue ends.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
MJ ain't no big deal. Peter's had to put up with Aunt May all those years, so...

(Amazing Spider-Man #520, BTW)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cangelosi posted:

MJ ain't no big deal. Peter's had to put up with Aunt May all those years, so...

"Lady, my chest and back hair *is* my shirt."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Senior Woodchuck posted:

That's from Kirkman's Marvel Team-Up. He went out to get Chinese the night before, and, well, one thing led to another.

It was the Ringmaster.

Better if it was Rocket Racer

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Cangelosi posted:

I so, so wish they had kept this up. I was buying every Spidey title every month until Brand New Day, but immediately after that I stopped buying comics entirely.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

KittenofDoom posted:

I so, so wish they had kept this up. I was buying every Spidey title every month until Brand New Day, but immediately after that I stopped buying comics entirely.

Spidey was still good post Brand New Day

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bobkatt013 posted:

It was a completely different book, though. Suddenly Peter's supporting cast didn't know he was Spider-man, which meant they couldn't interact with the Avengers, he was no longer living at Avengers Tower, he was no longer married, plus there was a sad, desperate and ineffective attempt to recapture the spirit of earlier Spidey comics. Anyone who was really into the JMS era of Spider-man had very little to enjoy in the BND era.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

KittenofDoom posted:

You're missing out, seriously.

The main universes of Marvel and DC are garbage, yeah, but their little ones are still good.

Ultimate Spiderman is constantly good, for example.

Megaman is surprisingly good.

So is Udon's Street Fighter, but then I have a soft spot for it.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Spider-Man's spider sense is tingling :D

And fifth panel Wolverine: hair does not work like that.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This Spider-Man story has been amazing everyday.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah, the first ~20 issues were mostly stinkers but that's what you get when you have one great writer, one that's hit-or-miss, Marc Guggenheim and the guy who wrote "Back to the Future" on your writing team.
"New Ways to Die" is pretty good, and after that it's Joe Kelly, Mark Waid, Fred van Lente and Dan Slott for a good-to-amazing 70 issues.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

The MSJ posted:

This Spider-Man story has been amazing everyday.

He crashes into a loving eagle. Good job, Jonah.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

OK. What the hell is going on with Jonah's face?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

He drew the stash on the helment since he is JJJ.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
No-one has told him it makes him look like Hitler. Though Deadpool thought it one time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Elfface posted:

No-one has told him it makes him look like Hitler. Though Deadpool thought it one time.

He is just a big fan of Charlie Chaplin!

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

quote:

(Amazing Spider Man #673)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Elfface posted:

And Mac Gargan is in awe that he has the balls to pull it off.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Ignite Memories posted:

See:

GorfZaplen posted:

Just stop making comics. It's all downhill from here.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

He drew the stash on the helment since he is JJJ.

I'm talking about the big sunburst in every single panel.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Glowing isn't just for pregnant women.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ignite Memories posted:

As far as I can gather the helmet is either electrically displaying a picture of Jonah's face, or electrically making itself semi-transparent.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

JJJ is Baby Sun all grown up.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
That's not the suit glowing. Jonah's smugness is so concentrated it's visible on the EM spectrum.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Action Tortoise posted:

That's not the suit glowing. Jonah's smugness is so concentrated it's visible on the EM spectrum.

Ohhh, see, I assumed he was doing The Lord's work, and the Iron Man suit was holy armor.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Is there any reason JJJ doesn't have his own title yet? I would read the gently caress out of that.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They should just publish the Bugle once a month. An in-universe news-report to recap all the shenanigans going on across the titles, and remind everyone that Spider-Man is a Menace!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ghosthorse posted:

Is there any reason JJJ doesn't have his own title yet? I would read the gently caress out of that.

There was, at least, a Daily Bugle miniseries. (They weren't very good.)

(This is the one I have, I'm not sure if it was a one-shot or what.)

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Elfface posted:

They should just publish the Bugle once a month. An in-universe news-report to recap all the shenanigans going on across the titles, and remind everyone that Spider-Man is a Menace!

They did this for a while a few years back around House of M. It was just mainly fancy written solicits.

EDIT: Here are the House of M and Civil War ones

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 20, 2014

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Red posted:

There was, at least, a Daily Bugle miniseries. (They weren't very good.)

(This is the one I have, I'm not sure if it was a one-shot or what.)

I thought it was a great mini for the Bugle. Anyone thinking it'd be Peter Parker at the Bugle or Jonah based would've been disappointed.

But Bugle based stories tend to not go over well. DeConnick pitched a Bugle mini series a while back but it never made it beyond a pitch.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Bugle pitches are probably right up there with Doctor Strange pitches in that every writer has one, but Marvel will never greenlight them due to being sales poison.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

That's the weekday colorist not knowing that that suit model is supposed to be all gold.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Someone really needs to do a Secret History of the Daily Bugle story where it turns out that it's deeply implicated in the Thurn und Taxis/W.A.S.T.E./Trystero/The Crying Of Lot 49 mythology from Thomas Pynchon.

I mean, what could could be more Marvel Universe than a shadowy organization called W.A.S.T.E.?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Wait, W.A.S.T.E. is from Thomas Pynchon? :psyduck:

Maybe when I get home I'll find the We Always Start Things Early page from Casanova.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

LordSaturn posted:

Wait, W.A.S.T.E. is from Thomas Pynchon? :psyduck:

Maybe when I get home I'll find the We Always Start Things Early page from Casanova.
We Await Silent Trystero's Empire

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Pynchon's as big a fan of dumb acronyms as any comic-book writer. Against the Day has a polar lab called I.G.L.O.O.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's completely plausible, scientists love a good acronym. I know that Astronomers like naming stuff things like VISTA (Visible and Infrared Survey Telescope for Astronomy), a wide survey instrument, PIONIER (Precision Integrated-Optics Near-infrared Imaging ExpeRiment), a novel new system, and CACTUS (Converted Atmospheric Cherenkov Telescope Using Solar-2) which is in a desert in California.

Or just plain dumb ones. Like the VLT (Very Large Telescope), and it's planned successor the ELT (Extremely Large Telescope). There was even proposed the OLT (Overwhelmingly Large Telescope), but that got rejected.

• Locked thread