Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moral
Feb 9, 2014

I'm not really sure what I'm doing.
Okay so I just made a character. My IGN is Rebial! Posting for verification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
rest in peace

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!
We lost more than one brave soul this day.

:911:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
guys we can't just keep kicking people like this: THINK ABOUT OUR DPS!!!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Who else has been rudely cast aside this day? (Moving up dat BTC ladder)

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I just spent like 10 minutes adding them manually to a bunch of raids via BTC since waitlist didn't capture them somehow (or they did not keep trying until accepted). Well, one less issue to deal with every week now lol.

MC/BWL Tonight!

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Download complete, in as Ethics.

So I grabbed herbalism and alchemy and boy is that alchemy window messed up. Is there any way to fix it?

CongoJack fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 19, 2014

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CongoJack posted:

Download complete, in as Ethics.

So I grabbed herbalism and alchemy and boy is that alchemy window messed up. Is there any way to fix it?

Messed up? Can you post a picture?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Here's what happens when I open the profession;

CongoJack fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 19, 2014

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Since myself and a few others are just starting out, would anyone want to coordinate a time to play together? I could do a few hours a week, either with my current character, or rolling one just for coordinated grouping.

Most evenings past 10pm EST are good for me.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

CongoJack posted:

Here's what happens when I open the profession;

Grab the modpack and use Advanced Tradeskill Window (ATSW)

It'll get rid of the errors, plus it lets you queue up multiple jobs and automatically buy reagents from vendors.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, that addon is great. You can also search for/sort items, which is awesome when you have 40-50 listed.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Delete the WTF and WDB folders to fix alchemy.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
It still throws up an error but at least now I can see all the potions I can make and can click on them.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So is this before or after the big normalization patch that basically removed all the cool poo poo?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Peechka posted:

So is this before or after the big normalization patch that basically removed all the cool poo poo?

Are you talking about the normalized weapon damage patch? That was 1.8 so this is afterward.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

tadashi posted:

Are you talking about the normalized weapon damage patch? That was 1.8 so this is afterward.

Yeah that and all the cool hunter pets normalized, tons of class nerfs across the board like windfury...etc...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
yeah the game sucks, please don't come play with us

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
Ok i'm caving. In as 'Halfbag'.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

FYI I am running a little late from work. Be there at 810 or so.

gco
May 8, 2007

Not gonna be there. Ok bye.

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005
This Mixed Drink Tastes Nasty...
Can anyone else not log in?

ropa
Sep 7, 2006
In as Zweinhander the warrior. Because I didn't get to feel the pain of leveling one that early in the game's life.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

ropa posted:

In as Zweinhander the warrior. Because I didn't get to feel the pain of leveling one that early in the game's life.

Warriors are indeed exceptionally painful to level in vanilla. For some reason I leveled 3, one as each spec. Honestly none were really better or worse than the others. Even protection sucked equally. Dual wield fury was definitely the most frustrating though, due to its streaky nature. A lot of the time you just miss a bunch, never crit to proc flurry, and it feels like total crap.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
2H Fury is the one true leveling spec

Tanners fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 21, 2014

gco
May 8, 2007

Tanners posted:

2H Fury is the one true leveling spec

Welcome to the slam bug

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Knowing of and stockpiling some nice 2handers along the way can help immensely. You can get the Whirlwind axe at 30 (ask for help in gchat) which you can use until the low 40s, then you should try to pick up an Executioner's Cleaver off the Guild Bank/Auction House at 43, then at 51 you can get the Ice Barbed Spear from AV. These 3 weapons will pretty much carry you from 30-60 on their own. Another thing that helps is having a bunch of plate gear ready for you at 40, there's a couple nice blues you can get from the AH if you're rich enough, but otherwise a bunch of green plate 'of the bear' or 'of power' will serve you quite well.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Feel free to grab anything awesome looking out of the guild bank.

Viyerkoichv
Aug 4, 2009

Started a holy paladin last night and I'm up to lvl 14 after 9 hours played. I didn't remember wow classic to be that brutal. I got my rear end kicked a few times by double/triple pulls and very fast respawn rates on mobs. Having fun so far and it was impressive to see everyone in raid gear on their epic mounts in IF. IGN: Viyerkoichv

FBIASSMAN69
Aug 15, 2006

Okay I want in on this, got a rogue named Grift now since my other character Wizzardbabby has lost a level each of the last two times I've logged in as him... no idea what's up with that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

For you new guys you are allowed to multi box. So you could setup 5 accounts and roll in your own 5 man group to 60. Would give you a lot of choice at 60!

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Have the servers been bad lately or is it usual to get disconnected every short little while? While I've been questing I have been getting kicked every 10 minutes.

Of course after I say that it starts running fine.

CongoJack fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 21, 2014

FBIASSMAN69
Aug 15, 2006

CongoJack posted:

Have the servers been bad lately or is it usual to get disconnected every short little while? While I've been questing I have been getting kicked every 10 minutes.

Ditto, I've had horrendous problems with that tonight.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

CongoJack posted:

It's been less stable ever since they merged the servers last month.

I dunno if this is a permanent thing or if it's just some problem that they haven't figured out yet, but it's really annoying.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Apparently the last few days have been due to some DDoS attacks that they are trying to block out.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

For you new guys you are allowed to multi box. So you could setup 5 accounts and roll in your own 5 man group to 60. Would give you a lot of choice at 60!

Yeah, but multi-boxing 5 characters to 60 from level 1 takes like 5 months if you haven't done it before. But it is a lot of fun!

I'm getting a disconnect around 8 pm EST as well as the usual disconnects later in the night now. Does this affect the other Wow-one servers? I made some characters on the instant-60 server to mess around with.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

We have 7 rogues in every raid. gently caress it, I guess we will just have to go with 10+

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

^ It just means the waitlist will be longer. :)

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
I think that crown has been going to mages lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

DrSeRRoD posted:

Apparently the last few days haveyear has been due to some DDoS attacks that they are trying to block out.

Fixed that for you.

• Locked thread