Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

This thread owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

What in the everliving gently caress is going on in here.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Cowcaster posted:

The Winds of poo poo

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Picture of the mod who banned triple L and Pengy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I'm going to take a page out of Kewpuh's book:

Kewpuh posted:

I just want to pop in and say real quick that if any more goon on goon drama gets imported here about poo poo that happens on somebody's server or somebody's mumble or lord knows what the gently caress I'm going to hand out month long probations.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014
crush a can for pengy

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

Then can we talk about Pon de Bundy loving avatar because that poo poo is straight up the cause of all of this.

Also how do you people run and gun with fixed crosshairs? The dynamic default one totally sets up the SMG spray zones.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

Then can we talk about Pon de Bundy loving avatar because that poo poo is straight up the cause of all of this.

Also how do you people run and gun with fixed crosshairs? The dynamic default one totally sets up the SMG spray zones.

Fixed crosshairs are way easier to handle and manage I think. Also didn't they break the static crosshairs? I had mine static, but I think it goes all whack and dynamic whenever I move/crouch and its super distracting.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Cowcaster posted:

Please gas + lock + delete both threads and also crush my skull

zeropants
Feb 12, 2014

Hawker posted:

Fixed crosshairs are way easier to handle and manage I think. Also didn't they break the static crosshairs? I had mine static, but I think it goes all whack and dynamic whenever I move/crouch and its super distracting.

Those dynamic crosshairs hurt more than they help. The spray doesn't match well and it's harder to center on someone.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

zeropants posted:

Those dynamic crosshairs hurt more than they help. The spray doesn't match well and it's harder to center on someone.

They're good for beginners learning how movement affects accuracy.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

zeropants posted:

Ye, I know. But I think they broke the crosshairs last patch. I still can't get mine to go back to static.

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

Hawker posted:

Ye, I know. But I think they broke the crosshairs last patch. I still can't get mine to go back to static.

Try setting cl_crosshairsyle to 4 or 5. It fixed my static crosshair.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

runod posted:

Try setting cl_crosshairsyle to 4 or 5. It fixed my static crosshair.

Unknown command: cl_crosshairsyle

Hawker fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 19, 2014

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Cowcaster posted:

ahahahah wtf which dipshit reported someone else

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

ScienceAndMusic posted:

On a serious note, have tried and tried but I just cannot play any lower than ~15 inches/360. I don't know how or why but once I dip any lower than that I just cannot shoot anything. Although over the past two days I think I have failed every headshot I've tried. I think I have a really solid understanding of the game, but my aim is so absolutely terrible it makes me sad.

In an effort to make all the poo poo that happened earlier today water under the bridge, add this map from the workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143904777. Load up the map offline with bots, casual play, and set the bots to none. Note that you'll need to enable sv_cheats in console so you can noclip up from the floor and set infinite ammo.

Once you're proper in the map, set it up like Friberg does here: http://www.twitch.tv/officialfriberg/c/3336585 and practice with a lower sensitivity. Might help with your aim (I find it helps me, but ymmv I guess). Maybe try it with your current sensitivity first and see how you do, and then lower it from there. As an aside, I play with a 27.3"/360 (1000DPI 0.6 sens) and average between 65-70 hits out of 100 (70-75 on a good day) using the M4/AK.

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 19, 2014

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Casull posted:

Would some silver goons be interested in a goonman this week? I wouldn't mind having a game of silvers because as much as I like getting my rear end kicked repeatedly by vets (not sarcasm, by the way, it helps me get better) I also wouldn't mind playing a game with a lot more goons as bad as me.

Not only do I want to say yes, I want to say let's make it a scheduled thing. :shobon:

I can be on any night after ~11pm EST.

edit: I'm not a silver because I haven't played enough comp matches, but I feel like given my aim, when I do, I'll be silver. I played my first goonman the other night and had ~7-8 kills I think, so yeah, I'm terrible.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Ernie. posted:

Not only do I want to say yes, I want to say let's make it a scheduled thing. :shobon:

I can be on any night after ~11pm EST.

edit: I'm not a silver because I haven't played enough comp matches, but I feel like given my aim, when I do, I'll be silver. I played my first goonman the other night and had ~7-8 kills I think, so yeah, I'm terrible.

If you're going to set up a goon comp thing, it wouldn't hurt to take your five and play some deathmatch/or casual on your comp map. Your team should decide on a few maps to queue for rather all of them. I would avoid dust II because it increases the chance of having a bad experience, since everyone queues for it. I would say that team work works really well for Inferno/Mirage without it being insanely CT sided, like Nuke or vertigo. I could be wrong, but dust II feels more T sided than CT, in terms of just positioning and strats. I can be talking out of my rear end here, but bare with me.

Also I remember you in the goonpug, you just kept buying on save rounds, thats your only damage. You listened and thats cool.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Let's get a bunch of silver goons together and roll through MM, then get hosed in goonpug. That's the spirit.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
I'd be very interested in doing things with other lovely silver ranked goons, I'm Doctor Crime on Steam.

I don't mind goonmans but its doubly difficult playing against people way better than you when you have no idea what the hell the map is like.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Obstacle2 posted:

I'd be very interested in doing things with other lovely silver ranked goons, I'm Doctor Crime on Steam.

I don't mind goonmans but its doubly difficult playing against people way better than you when you have no idea what the hell the map is like.

People should take the time to run through with you and be supportive if thats the case rather just playing and thinking of you as an obstacle.

e: oh I didn't even notice your name either woops.

Hawker fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 19, 2014

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Casull posted:

Let's get a bunch of silver goons together and roll through MM, then get hosed in goonpug. That's the spirit.

A goonman could definitely steamroll within a few ladder ranks of their own. Teamplay beats a lone wolf with superior aim every day.

Unless the wolf is defending A site with a SCAR. :shepspends:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Well, I think we should organize this idea then instead of a bunch of people nodding.

This is me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ulgress

Hawker posted:

Also I remember you in the goonpug, you just kept buying on save rounds, thats your only damage. You listened and thats cool.

Thanks! For what it's worth, if you remember me typing things like "i don't think he does" in all-chat when I was speccing the game, it was because I was speccing you while listening to the Ts on Inferno wonder if you're cheating.

I may not have a lot of CS experience but I have played competitive FPSs for a few years now and don't see anything out of place in your mannerisms (to expand: the whole 'he looked through a wall' thing is usually caused by less experienced fps players trying to get the side of their screen to show them a different part of the map in a very silly way - i.e. instead of aiming where they're looking, they assume it's safer to look and then fix their aim depending on where they spot their first target).

The buying thing usually comes down to me looking around while people are compulsively quick-switching their weapons out of boredom and not knowing whether they're holding CZs or P90s. :p

DeusExMachinima posted:

Unless they have the SCAR on A site. :shepspends:

I dunno man, I think it depends on the A site!

Ernie. fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 19, 2014

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Hawker posted:

People should take the time to run through with you and be supportive if thats the case rather just playing and thinking of you as an obstacle.

e: oh I didn't even notice your name either woops.

There are plenty of helpful people if I were to ask, but I don't. So that's on me. Either way, there is no substitute for experience.
People try and paint the CS goons as toxic but that hasn't been my experience.

Competitive games are filled with people who like to win, who would have thought?

Obstacle2 fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 19, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Plenty of sane, nice individuals have a master's degree in toxicity when it comes to ego-checks in competition, vidja games or otherwise. Don't be put down if you run into those folks.

On the topic of experience and improvement, the best way to learn is to lose. Tried and true.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Obstacle2 posted:

There are plenty of helpful people if I were to ask, but I don't. So that's on me. Either way, there is no substitute for experience.

Competitive games are filled with people who like to win, who would have thought?

CS goons are the most laid back group of gamers I've been around, this whole ordeal seemed like a hiccup. MMO goons are the worst, though.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Silver goon chiming in: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brasstax

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Obstacle2 posted:

fair enough. Good way to look at it. You can only go as deep as you wanna.

I'm personally worried that I'll eventually plateau. It's happened with mobas.

kaleidoscopic
Feb 11, 2008

let go your earthly tether
enter the void
empty, and become wind
y4 bl0w
e:ty

kaleidoscopic fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 19, 2014

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Unranked goon checking in for MM stacking. http://steamcommunity.com/id/beachsb

Added the rest of you guys so that we can get something going (if I'm not playing EVE or something)

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
How do I cover mid better? Once I'm smoked off I can't do poo poo. I'm talking mostly mill and dust2.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Mesothelioma posted:

How do I cover mid better? Once I'm smoked off I can't do poo poo. I'm talking mostly mill and dust2.

On dust2 your main purpose is really to make sure they can't get up cat, and if they do, you can warn the guy who's playing it. If you're getting owned/smoked off constantly, you can play a bit more passive and only hold an angle where you see cat, or if you can't see it, just try to listen for them going up cat. But yeah, if you can reliably spot cat for your guy playing cat, it opens poo poo up for him to go peek lower tunnels etc etc.

On mill you don't really need to peek all the way down mid, or you can just peek and hide the second an enemy comes out. Again, on that map your purpose is to make sure nobody comes up mid and shoots your dudes in A site watching the other entrance, so you should drop back and hold a more passive angle if mid's too risky to try to peek.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Mesothelioma posted:

Also if you know they're going cat on dust2 sometimes it owns to run through the smoke and flank while they're still dicking around on stairs

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

a slime posted:

Also if you know they're going cat on dust2 sometimes it owns to run through the smoke and flank while they're still dicking around on stairs

I try this a lot but I tend to get killed in the smoke. If you're looking at somebody in smoke don't they show up on your radar? I got a wacky lucky kill the other day on a guy standing right in the middle of a smoke outside on nuke cause I saw a radar dot in the direction of the smoke and fired off a bunch of bursts at it. I'm actually not sure if the dot was there because I was looking at the guy in the smoke or somebody else on my team had seen him enter it, come to think of it. If you actually can get radar dots by looking at smoke, though, I can only imagine that an actual skilled player more familiar with the various commonly smoked areas would be able to really gently caress up anybody trying to creep through to flank.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Theresa Frontpage posted:

I try this a lot but I tend to get killed in the smoke. If you're looking at somebody in smoke don't they show up on your radar? I got a wacky lucky kill the other day on a guy standing right in the middle of a smoke outside on nuke cause I saw a radar dot in the direction of the smoke and fired off a bunch of bursts at it. I'm actually not sure if the dot was there because I was looking at the guy in the smoke or somebody else on my team had seen him enter it, come to think of it. If you actually can get radar dots by looking at smoke, though, I can only imagine that an actual skilled player more familiar with the various commonly smoked areas would be able to really gently caress up anybody trying to creep through to flank.

Smoke bug is still in effect I think, but it's wildly inconsistent. I'm beginning to think it's not a bug and completely intentional, hah.

[edit]

This is the glitch, recreated yesterday so it's still in-game and hasn't been patched apparently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwPDN000ic

teagone fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 19, 2014

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Radar through smoke has been for a while and you see some players do it all the time in pro games.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Slaapaav posted:

Radar through smoke has been for a while and you see some players do it all the time in pro games.

Yes, nothing new here. I've radar sprayed people through smoke a couple of times, for example in dd2 in long A site when people smoke the path to ct base.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed as of yet. Maybe the fix is more complicated than it appears.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Added you silver nerds. We should definitely MM on week nights. Is the goonman steam group for all goons to try to get something going or just for that one server?

Ernie. posted:

I dunno man, I think it depends on the A site!

There is only one true CS map. :pcgaming:

addedVVV

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm also unranked and pretty terrible, and would like to get in on the MM stacking.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/JAssassin

• Locked thread